0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ~~~~ CNG Experts & Civic Owners ~~~~

salam all... i want to purchase new civic for daily home use and want to install Cng kit in it ...i will be driving the car too.. and i dont like manual ... as we all know traffic and red lights in isb... so i want to go for Civic P/T... my question from all experts on cng and civic owners .. is it possible to run automatic transmission of new civic on cng smooth and without that kicking thingi ? thankyou....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai civic is good on cng.
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well dear brother i m not expert of ur topic .. but i want to tell u that CNG in civic P/T 2006 working fine on my father in law car since last 8 months
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

converted a manual civic reborn on cng, with Logas lambda kit, and ran it with argenchip lambda as well..then shifted to logas original lambda...the car ran perfectly without giving any feeling of powerloss ...

curently own a 2003 prosmatec exi on cng and it running very fine on cng...

so the new civic reborn auto transmission should do very good on cng...provided you get it converted from the right place....

i would recommend logas lambda kit with its own lambda (bilal aka @logas should be able to do the job for you in lahore. )
    Do the environment a favour, Use less airconditioning .. and please walk to the shop to get a pack of cigarretes..its only a 3 min walk..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar my cousins prosmatic 2008 is giving trouble on cng.
    It is changing gears at low rpms and he is very frustrated. The cng guy is telling that all auto civics change gears on low rpms on cng. Car shifts to higher gear at 2krpm resulting in power loss where as on petrol the behavior is opposite 3k to 3.5k rpm at which gear shifts. He is frustrated. Blocked air, changed plugs but no good. Thinking of removing cng. I dont know what others hv to tell ön this but this is a personal experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@minex
    Share some details of the setup in ur EXI Pros.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@deel_ee

Landi Renzo kit, fitted by some xyz by previous owner.., i got it refitted expertly by Automax G-10, which was being run by kkoool, i was running it without lamda sonda without any trouble,

recently got Argenchip lambda installed , going very good

@all

all cng automatic will give trouble if the cng setup is not good, if the setup is good with good tuning then trnasmission will not give any trouble...
    lambda if installed properly takes cares of the tuning and no tuning is necessary for cng.
    Do the environment a favour, Use less airconditioning .. and please walk to the shop to get a pack of cigarretes..its only a 3 min walk..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@minex
    What is the advantage of having a lambda? u are saying that it is going good. Can u briefly share the difference you have felt after lambda installation?

Is Automax still being run by KKOOL? If not, is it still a reliable place to go to? I Have an EXI manual which i want to get CNGed. Its in islamabad so do not recommend any body in lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    i have heard that civics do face problem of engine being shut down in idle timing. I spoke to @kkool, one of the cng gurus of pakwheels and he said that honda engines do face this problem

Any practical experience of a user?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yasir bhai that problem can be fixed by making the gas mixture rich(opening up the gas). but then the consumption will be pathetic.

@dee_ee
    8 out of every 10 auto hondas i see have problems on cng.
    thats a fact
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@deel_ee

by having a lambda kit..you have a computer in ur car which is regulating the input of gas all the time..by the input of two thing..

1. how much accelerator are you depressing..

2. how much unburnt oxygen is going out of the exaust

and there is no need to get the car tuned up every week..or whenever you change cities..

to be honest..i have not driven the car much afer lambda to mention the details... hardly 300 to 400 kms...and it is still under process of finding the best lambda setting for the car.... but it is running as good as it was before..with 5 more kms to every cylinder... the art is the setting of the lambda kit

My car was even doing very good without lambda...so the difference is not huge..but still considerable..

Honda Exi is not a problem...contact Aamir 03335585987 in G-10, Islamabad you can get ur exi converted from him..

my car does not stall at idle at all...the engine never shut down...this is a problem with Hondas...but there are solutions to overcome this...i got my cng kit reinstalled from this guy Aamir, after that this problem didnt happen...(its easy to rectify the problem in Exi)

One thing is worth noting that Hondas do require regular tuneups.with filter cleaning or replacing...a but earlier than toyotas....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hash4u
    Although your statement has discouraged me a little but thanx anyways . Affording petrol is becoming a bit difficult but if every 8/10 hondas face problems than i am having second thoughts.

@minex
    Thanx for your valuable input sir. Yes i have noted the address and contact number of aamir. I also spoke to rizwan yesterday. He very strongly recommended lambda for EXI. I am in lahore rite now and currently trying to convince my dad not to go for CNG but if i fail, then i need to ensure that i take our car to someone who knows what he is doing. I will definitely pay a visit to aamir.

I understand that the problems faced in most of the cng cars are due to improper installation.

@hash 4u, minex, all
    Any idea as to why engine shuts down in honda when in idle? I mean any technical insight?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so this means i have to go for M/T Civic ? i dont want missing and shutdown on signals ...

like @hash4u mentioned - 8 out of every 10 auto hondas i see have problems on cng.....

and what abt the best CNG installer .. there was sum topic abt dont go to Almubarak or dono which one was it ... can any one suggest me a nice CNg Kit ..for my old 98 vti auto/ i cant afford petrol for that baby anymore .. i think its not even fuel injection .. whenever i take rpm to 5/6 the petrol gauge goes down ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ak7007
    As far as i my knowledge goes, problem is with the newer models of HOnda, i.e 2001 onwards. 7th and 8th generation i believe. I am still not sure what technical issues are involved and why do these hondas not work well with CNG, or in other words, gives you more problems on CNG than anyother car. Plz confirm

Automax was previously being run by a Pakwheeler, KKOOL. He is not actively involved with that setup anymore but he is a very nice fellow and can be helpful if u have any queries. THe contact number given in @minex's post is of aamir, KKOOL's technician. He is stationed at his shop in G-10. He is certainly a trustworthy person as to what i have heard.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List