0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CIVIC or SUNNY

WHICH ONE IS BEST IN THESE CARS AND CAN ANY ONE TELLME ABOUT THE TOP SPEED OF THESE CARS AND ALSO THE COMFORT AND ALSO PERFORMANCE ON CNG AND PETROL.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    as far as allover rating comes fo 1.6L Vti can't take over 1.6L Super Saloon by Nissan...just watch the chrome work on exterior and wooden finishing in interior.....also nice fuel avg and 1.6L comes also with Catalyzer...ABS and Air bag....Vti just makes around 18-20hp more than Nissan Sunny 1.6 S-S...but in performance and driving experience and comfort...Nissan SUnny was better...
    Thanxxx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar sunny will surely be better in the long run as it's foreign assembled and has a very strong brand name behind it whereas honda is having some quality issues and the body made in Pakistan comprises mostly of tin. But Honda is far more attractive and has a better driving style than nissan, iss main woh baat hay. So the decision is quite difficult as which one to buy. Honda will take the lead if you put both the cars in a drag but that will mostly be because of it's unsafe tin body. But even then, honda has the style than youngster's wish for and the coming new model of honda is breathtaking..........
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think civic is best in every thing .
    thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilalahm,

Please! Research information before you post it. Tin body? Crafted in Pakistan? All that is absolutely incorrect.

Honda Civics are ASSEMBLED in Pakistan with CKTs from Japan and Thailand. Hardly any parts of Honda are "made" in Pakistan.

Also for your information, Honda Civic 2005 has an excellent frontal crash rating compared to its counter parts such as Corolla or Sunny. The narrower bonnet provides for pedestrian saftey as well as driver/front passenger saftey.

The Civic body is far from unsafe, it is extremely aerodynamic and low profile which provides for superb road grip and handling which really counts if you love driving 'fast'.

Since a lot of my friends have the new Sunny and since I have driven it several times, I can assure you perfectly the handling and road grip is absolutely nothing compared to the Civic. The car is heavier to handle and leaves a lot to be desired at turning points.

The -only- thing better about the Sunny is that its longer wheelbase and stiff suspension allow for a smoother ride than the Civic on our roads since the Civic's suspension isn't designed for Pakistani roads. The Civic's suspension on the other hand on Japan and Thailand roads feels as smooth as silk.

My suggestion to you would be go for the Honda Civic, it is extremely fuel efficient, has great looks, parts are easily available and has good resale value.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Cylestyne
    Honda Civic also has instances of breaking into peices here in Pakistan.
    It has a very powerfull Engine, Bravo, Excellent. But body and Chassis (In Pakistan) does not support that much power and in high speed impacts, front end litteraly gets open posing a major safety hazard.

Also Body panels dont come from Japan as part of CKD. So Tin perception is not all wrong.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello1
    Atlus Honda can't take lead with JDM Nissan....be remember its the fastest growing automobile maker in JDM after Toyota...
    Thanxx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic of paksitan is ok, the assembly suks ****, wen my civic came u cudnt open the passenger door from inside, 1 rear door's rubber was messed up which cudnt close the door properly. jus check the japanese civic n ull forget everything else
    Reliable, Fast, Cheap....Pick two

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Fellows @ Pakwheels.Com,

Assalam-o-Alikum.

Please NEVER EVER compare NISSAN SUNNY 2005 atleast with any Pakistan assembled car. I don't know why we don'e realize what our PAKISTANI AUTOMOBILE ASSEMBLERS/MAKERS are selling us - we cannot believe what sort of SUB-STANDARD cars are being sold in Pakistan....

This is the time to give a CHANCE to SUNNY, LANCER and OPTRA (and all non-Pakistan assembled cars) to get on roads of Pakistan...

I am using "NISSAN SUNNY" 1.3 (Ex-Saloon) since it has arrived in Pakistan (I think about 5 months). I have used Honda Civic Vti, Toyota Corolla 2.0D (2000 make) and Toyota Corolla Gli 2003, I found "NISSAN SUNNY" as SIMPLY THE BEST among the above mentioned models. I bought "NISSAN SUNNY" for the very first time in life as I don't like the name "SUNNY" and I was not loyal to this brand NISSAN... But, whenever I will buy a car in future, I will always keep this brand NISSAN is my mind.

"NISSAN SUNNY" has luxury at it's extreme, shape is breath-taking, road-grip is excellent, air-bag etc in Rs. 11,25,000 only.

Let me add here that a “LOT” of around 100 cars of this model has been acquired by the management of “Karachi Radio Cab / Karachi Airport Taxi” at “Quaid-e-Azam International Airport” in “Deep Red” and “Pearl White” colour.

My conclusion: Nissan Sunny 2005 is in the air (especially in Karachi city).

If people like "ME" were importing NISSAN cars in Pakistan, the success rate would have been very high

Thanks and regards,

S. Nasir Raza Zaidi
    Drive slowly and attentively! It's the only solution to avoid severe on-road accidents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra,

The newer Civics are inferior, but these are all after 2002. Compare the 2003 onwards models to those crafted before that date. They are solid like anything, anyone will tell you that.

I have four Civics, one of them is a 2002 VTi (Pakistani assembled) and two of them are 2005 VTi models (again Pakistani assembled). The 2002 VTi is far more solid. I have an imported Japanese Ferio as well, and believe me when I say this, Sunny or any other imported sedan in the same class couldn't hold a candle to it.

Also note that the chasis is imported, it's not crafted here. Some of the fenders are, but the amount of work that's done locally is quite minimal. Most of it is preassembled stuff from Thailand (since that's the Civic we have here).

Lastly we're talking about econo-sedans here. Neither Sunny, Civic or any other car in the same class is a 'luxury vehicle'. Most people have that misconstured conception about these cars. They're not meant to be the most solid cars, they're designed for practicality and economy. If you're looking for something solid then that class starts at Accord, Camry, Maxima, Galant etc. That's a completely different league and topic.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I havent used a honda but have used two models of sunny. Its a very good car when it comes to safety, space, running costs, braking and Handling.
    I do agree about your point on these being economy cars and performance criterias should be different for them but still i have seen very bad accidents of civic in which not much was left of the vehicle.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra,

The same can be said of the Sunny or Corrolla or Lancer my friend

I've seen some God-aweful accidents in my life that I wish to never see again.
    All cars were turned inside out.

All these cars are all built similarly, they're designed to absorb impact by letting the obvious parts of the body get heavily damaged (known as a crumble zone). These parts are, side beams, the trunk and the hood of the car.

Think of it this way, you can't really throw a bomb in a car and expect it to be okay do you? Definitely not. They're designed to absorb shock but obviously if you toss them off a cliff it's ridiculous expecting the car to be intact.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List