Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: civic 2000 piston and ring problem (smoke)

aks
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default civic 2000 piston and ring problem (smoke)

hi,

i have a 2000 civic vti oriel and its done 80000km i just purchased it as a second hand car , now when i enquired about the fault seemed to be with the piston and ring and theres also a crank or crack ( i dont know what is it )noise when continuous acceleration is on 4000rpm mechanic said that hell replace the pistons by putting 50 ( fifty ka piston) -now some people say it will increase the feul efficiency and sum say that its a headache to hook up with these engines can some one advise what piston should i put and will the engine be safe if i get it bore.?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just get an other engine frm shersha...yeh engine aik martaba khul gaya phir woh pehleh wali baat kabi b nai rahaygi n its gng to b a chain reaction of problems den..yeh theek kiya toh woh kharab ho gaya etc etc

stock d16 engines are cheap..sastay rate mein mil jaiga!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just get an other engine frm shersha
    hahahahah!!Maqsad Begum ka ager payt kharab hojaye to phenk k dusri ley aoo? lawl...
    Nothing to see here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

unfortunatly i have to agree with that, i tried fixing my vti 99 probs and one led to another. and at the end just to get the engine working smooth the guy even replaced the the rubbers holding the eingine ...... obviously it didnt work but the mechanic was satisfied keh " abb sariii cheezain new hoo gayee hain "... wtf !!! (remind you this was a proper honda mechanic in i10)

so either leave it alone and if you have to do it..... then ... still dont do it.

i like you thinking toofan .. but i wish it was that simple lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@toofane please talk sum sense we are talking abt a car over here not a human..if u cant talk sense please dun talk at all do yourself and us a favor! if u cant help the person with his problem plz dun reply saying crap! thanx
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Relax Lad...He Is Supposed To Do That.....Dont You See His ID??..:p...

@aks: Dude Get A New Engine...That Would Be Good...But Let Experts Comment First...
    Gari ki deals only on PakWheels!

aks
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@every one who replied

i just got it check with some mechanics and the problem seems to be in the main becon (sumthing like this he said) and he also said i might be possible becuase of the becon which i gathering all the smoke but still he said that pistons needed to be check because if they're finished then he has to replace it this all is costing me 15k.

and i cannot afford a new engine the rates have gone high i went recently to sher shah because of this problem they were asking 45k in exchange way too far then my budget.

mechaninc gave me the guarantee there wont be any other masla with the car then even if i put intake and headers in it...currently i have installed only a muffler.

opinions??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

intake header k seh down piping b karana lazmi ya warna koi faida nai hai exhaust ka..because its gng to b more like a funnel k agay seh engine is breathing smoothly n peechay seh air flow constrict ho rahi hai!
    - Sylvester Stallone

aks
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haan woh bhi dalunga 2.75 inches ka my mechanic suggested but first let this piston things get over......

any special sizing for intake ya phir its universal??

and also the headers??

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List