0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Lowering civic and its effect? need suggestions

Hi Guys, Need some suggestion in lowering my cozin civic 95. Still its lowered alil bit on 205/55/15 with desi trick by cutting the kabli springs and keeping the orignal one with him but its now effecting the suspension and front shocks have started creating noise.

He needs alil bit lowered just to make car look good not jacked up from front and lowered from rear...just equal balance,i guess 1 inch. Also considering it for some bumps and speed breakers. Well its a daily driven car but very less running only in islamabad,sometimes to rwp but usually only one person on board.

So which option should he go for? lowering springs on current shocks or getting kabli shocks with lowering springs or else.Budget is 18-20k max

Is there anyway if ride comfort level can become better (as compared to now after cutting springs) even lowering it and no effect on suspension? like shocks making noise...Or shuld we go for lowering option or not?

He need the car to look stable n balanced like the one in these 2 pic.

Need advices and suggestions!!

Thanks

Lowering civic and its effect? need suggestions -584402

Lowering civic and its effect? need suggestions -584403

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check Maxtorques topic/shop or Topgear in F10 for civic coilovers...i think they cost somewhere between rs 9000-12000.

The technical advices some other members can give you..but i doubt that ride will become comfortable.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always remember if u install lowering spring, u should compromise on that comfort level..... On straight road it is good, even best during cornering.... Braking will become good but u have 2 take extra care on humps n bumps.... Jistarah stock springs me ham speed breakers se sometimes fast b guzar jatay hain.... forget abt that in lowering springs, cuz if u do that, ull smash ur head somewhr n definitely wud make some harm 2 the chassis
    Suggestions required

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by panicslayer

Always remember if u install lowering spring, u should compromise on that comfort level..... On straight road it is good, even best during cornering.... Braking will become good but u have 2 take extra care on humps n bumps.... Jistarah stock springs me ham speed breakers se sometimes fast b guzar jatay hain.... forget abt that in lowering springs, cuz if u do that, ull smash ur head somewhr n definitely wud make some harm 2 the chassis

Yes panic happens to have a first hand experience with the smash in the head so listen to him ....
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both of u thanks for reply...hmm well anyother way to lower car? cutting springs made the ride stiff reduced the bounce back but still its acceptable but its ruining the suspension...its being i guess more than 6motnhs. Thats why any more solution.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont cut ure original springs,

go for a coilover kit, get one which gives u control over what kind of damping you want. most kits you can turn from hard to soft and vice versa.

they might be expensive though

apart from that, 1.5-2.0 inch drop can be acheived through lowering springs and the ride quality will not be that bad. but you wont be able to raise it and lower it as you please.. as you could with coilovers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a difficult problem in ciic 95 i would suggest u that if ur shocks r in good condition then buy orignal springs new one not desi but they should be a little hard or u can say big in size then the standard one u can have them from any honda shop they also came in honda accord of 1990 model. otherwise the desi spring will noy only ruin ur sus but they can also damage ur body as they didi to my civic then i changed them with custom springs that come for sports model and solved my problem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all....sorry for replying late, i was busy.

Anyway guys i got some suggestions to swap current springs with some other model civic...? can they fitted ...i dnt knw why cuzin car looks so jacked up. There r no packing or plates in shocks. rim n tyres r 215/55/15...but still its look jacked up from front.Its currently swaped to genuine springs on genuine shocks but still.

Guys give suggestions...I cant post pics as i dnt have car now

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Dear,

Lowering your civic will give you much more stability round the corners while some hard manoverings.. + it will reduce the gap b/w the top of your tyres and the curve of fander which will reduce the 4X4 look a car have when there is a gap. Well ride will be harder then normal ones which have to be if you want to lower and it will have feelings of a sports car in your civic.

If you want to lower your civic then i have a very good option i will explain in detail below:

I have TIEN Type HA (6-way ground control) Coil overs for Civic 90~2000 models.

TEIN coil overs much more comfortable and handles better (quicker turns at high speed) It's pricey but u get what u pay. These coilover have hieght adjustment and an opiton for softening/hardening the damper.

Don't buy these CoilOvers if comfort is your highest priority & if you don't want to know about every imperfection in the road.

If you want ultimate performance from a standardized kit, then I would highly recommend the Teins. If you really know what you are doing, you could probably mix & match components to come up with a comparable setup for less money, but if you want a simple solution with components that are already matched to work together (and to work with your car) then this is the kit for you. The high spring rate helps keep the car incredibly flat around corners, almost eliminates squat during acceleration and also reduces dive during braking. The adjustability of the dampers helps maximize comfort for street driving, but also allows you to go 'no-holds-barred' for performance at the track. With 1 being the firmest, and 6 being the softest.

Hieght can be adjusted as desired.

These coilovers are in perfect condition. Asking price is Rs.15000. In internation market they are for $1600.

Pl call if you are interested or send me an sms @ +923028500549 or you can write me an email directly @ iftikhar.mohammad@gmail.com

Thanx.

Regards.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List