Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with the new toyota corolla Urgent!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help with the new toyota corolla Urgent!

Hi guys i am looking to buy the new toyota corolla soon! by soon i mean a couple of days!

I looked at the simple 2.OD and the 2.OD saloon now there are many differences between the two cars interior wise also some minor exterior differences. The 2.OD comes empty according to me it has no power windows and essentials such as that now the dealer said he can install the power windows and wood grain finish for about Rs.50,000 I also have the option of getting a much better audio system the 2.OD stock comes with 2 speakers Can u believe that? my major concerns with the simple 2.OD are : 1. steering wheel is a 3 spoke. 2. sunvisor has no mirrors. 3. AUDIO system with 2 speakers 4. no rear arm rest 5. tachometer is not an optitron (which just means bright i guess)

Anyway I just need some advice from you guys on what to do, do you think i should go with the 2.OD and get stuff installed or just go ahead buy the saloon i really dont care for the saloon too much and honestly believe its overpriced with all the things you can do to a simple 2.OD to bring it up to the mark with the saloon. And i don't mind saving about 3 lakhs after all the installations are complete. also this vehicle is going serve as a fourth car.

Thanks in advance! and i hope this helps people who are stuck wondering in the same situation as me!
    TRIPLE 7 (777)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if its fourth car then 2.od...

and if many people can live with mehran and alto, then i think u can live without power windows in the fourth car.

otherwise saloon, what you are forgetting is saloon also have ABS and alloy rims..

factory fitted stuff is always better than 3rd party china stuff.
    "I have never won a debate with an ignorant person" Hazrat Ali (RA)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It won't be 3rd party china stuff man i would never go with that! the toyota dealer said he can get the power windows installed with the wood grain finish so its gonna be factory installed!

alloy rims etc ar things i can buy after purchasing the vehicle not too much of a concern! but the ABS is obviously another big thing but i guess i can live without that!
    TRIPLE 7 (777)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

make your decision , i would have gone for factory fitted stuff instead of dealer installed...
    "I have never won a debate with an ignorant person" Hazrat Ali (RA)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

would anyone else like to give their suggestions?
    TRIPLE 7 (777)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro i thnk its on ur bugdet if u can afford saloon den go fo it other wise 2.0d is cool as thousands are driving xli and 2.0d and are v happy wid it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it is a fact the factory fitted and taking your car to the local mechanics is completely different. if you can afford paying for all that stuff in 2.OD saloon, then go for it, if not then buy a 2.OD and leave it as it is. won´t affect you that much as being a fourth car. good luck.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are many xtras in saloon like side skirts , alloys , keyless remote entry , map light , rear belts arm rest wooden finish , optitron meter ,power windows mirrors,Air bag , 4 spoke with silver finish steering ,coloured door mirrors and handles and side protection moulding, leather silver and chrome gear knob wch is really beautiful , moveable centre front arm rest ABS and nice 2 din kenwood mp3 player , go for the saloon
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if it is a fourth car i'm sure you would feel great knowing that the car has all the comforts you would want. Tecnhically to me factory fitted or dealer fitted would not make much of a difference as long as the dealer puts quality stuff. You have answered your own question by thinking wisely of fitting stuff from the dealer and saving a bundle of your hard earned money. Other than all the replies its your choice ultimately. All the best.
    Humans are the only creatures on Earth claiming to have a God and yet behave as if God did not exist.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Factory fitted stuff is unmatchable. If your budget allows then you should go for saloon version.
    Sana Motors - Sialkot City - Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright guys thanks a lot for your input! although not many people replied but thanks to the one's who did.

I ended up buying the simple 2.OD the toyota dealership will install the original toyota power windows and wood grain finish....it is not from any 3rd party these are all going to be original toyota parts! the wood grain finish is not just a sticker or anything its the whole panel so the existing one will come off and they will install the new one! that was one of the biggest modifications and i also had the toyota dealership install the premium pioneer system that comes with the altis sr or 2.OD saloon SR with 6 speakers, they will also install the fog lights and alarm system. The car cost me about Rs. 1.5 million.

And to answer your questions no there is no budget limitation I looked at all the vehicles and had decided before coming that i would go for the 2.OD saloon but when you look at their interiors you instantly know that these vehicles have minor differences. And best of all the difference between a simple and a saloon can be covered! that is where i got the idea from and with further inquiry i found out that all of this can be installed. If anyone is looking to buy a saloon i would highly recommend taking a look at this option as it will save you tons of cash! the cash i saved here which is ultimately about 2 lakh 50 thousand can go towards a million different things, 2 return tickets to the U.S cost about this much so there you have it! it covered the cost of a couple of tickets haha!! But this is seriously something to consider! The engine is exactly the same as the best 2.OD its just minor differences that make such a drastic change!

I will try to put pictures up once the corolla is delivered for all of you to see and hopefully like! I have my fingers crossed don't want anything to go wrong and I don't believe it will!

Take care and thanks!

Pakistan Zindabad!
    TRIPLE 7 (777)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List