Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Planning to Buy New Toyota Corolla Gli

Dear Pakwheelers...
    1st of all i love this website and all lovely people arround giving wise opinion and advices,

i am overseas pakistani and planning to buy Corolla Gli 2009 in pakistan ( lahore ) for my family use, is there automatic option available in Gli? or should i go for Atlis 2009 or old model like 2004 to 2006 A/T

please suggest me a good car for family use,

what do you guys think if i go for Vitz 2005 - 2006 model

well if i will buy brand new my budget is arround 14.5 or for used A/T car 9 to 10

please also advice that is this a right time to buy a car in pakistan or should i wait for budget 09-10

i have seen some prople here selling there VITZ cheaper then 3 months old price, will it come more down? i can wait till Ramadan

Please Advice

Thank you
    Wasif Qayyum / Emaar Business Park, Building no.4, Office 505, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, U.A.E

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

donot buy automatic in pakistan
    corolla new gli is much much better option
    my father had a crolla in 2003
    this year he bought new shed and both are superb
    6 saal main aik awaz nain hai gardi main yaar civic kuch bhi nai hai
    let the power of youth explode

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best choice is to wait
    let the power of youth explode

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what to wait for

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wait for the prices to increase again
    lol :d
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shirazkhan

wait for the prices to increase again lol :d
    Really? price of cars are going to increase more? shiraz i don't think so bro because auto sale already down all over the world, even GM announced backcrupt today, well anything can happened in pakistan
    well please give me advice what to do...

Thank you all
    Wasif Qayyum / Emaar Business Park, Building no.4, Office 505, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, U.A.E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gli is the best option for now, maybe its a lil expensive wen u compare it with XLi, City nd Liana

but Corolla wud pay that difference in the end, secondly, its a better choice rather then going for the problematic Liana, nd no Quality but expencive City.

Disclamer.: jst my comments, no body needs to agree wid them
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti

Gli is the best option for now, maybe its a lil expensive wen u compare it with XLi, City nd Liana but Corolla wud pay that difference in the end, secondly, its a better choice rather then going for the problematic Liana, nd no Quality but expencive City. Disclamer.: jst my comments, no body needs to agree wid them

Should i wait for budget...???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that totaly depends on ur need, nd i honestly dunt noe about the Budget as ive heard 2 to 3 rumors on Pakwheels only

1, Import of 10 years old cars Being allowd.

2, only 2 year old cars being allowed.

3. cars geting cheaper.

4, car getting expensiver.

if option 1 happens, local industry wud be destroyed

if option 2, atleast i dun expect any change,

option 3 nd 4 are rumors.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@@@ wasif...... i agree with syed and chinioti a bit........... go for GLI. GLI is best for you for all the right reasons. Good value for money, peroformance etc. Forget used imported cars like belta and vitz as resale and parts are problem and dealers charge so much premium on imported cars. Risk of meter tempering and repainting are here too in Pakistan, as ur an over sees paksitani, i would strongly and brotherly suggest you go for GLI without thinking.............!

Wait till buget, chances are there that price may come down approximatly to Rs. 50,000/- on GLI. But the choice is urs to buy now or later!! offcourse risk is always there. I am also planning ot buy new corolla and waiting till budget...........! thanks brother!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oreo2009

@@@ wasif...... i agree with syed and chinioti a bit........... go for GLI. GLI is best for you for all the right reasons. Good value for money, peroformance etc. Forget used imported cars like belta and vitz as resale and parts are problem and dealers charge so much premium on imported cars. Risk of meter tempering and repainting are here too in Pakistan, as ur an over sees paksitani, i would strongly and brotherly suggest you go for GLI without thinking.............!

Wait till buget, chances are there that price may come down approximatly to Rs. 50,000/- on GLI. But the choice is urs to buy now or later!! offcourse risk is always there. I am also planning ot buy new corolla and waiting till budget...........! thanks brother!!!

Thank you so much oreo
    i am agree with you but i have one problem in dubai from last 10 years i am driving automatic cars but i got my license on manual but in dubai major issue is traffic and 98% cars are automatic. but the problem is in pakistan and specially in london people recommend manual cars, believe me i don't know the reason behind, as i know roads are cogusted and traffic issues are always there and bigges issue is my wife she can only drive automatic cars, but price and resale issue would be there for automatic cars..
    dear what do you recommend for toyota corolla se saloon 2004 to 2005 automatic car is this car has a good resale ?

please advice i am confuse rather go for automatic or manual..
    at this moment my budget is 10 to 11 lac

your answer would be very helpfull

thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Wasif........ In general Automatic Vehicles do have little resale as compared to Manual Ones, but trend is changing. However, in case of used, resale value loss is little.

If you want automatic, i do the rating for you from the perspective of resale, parts and true value for money (in my opinion). Go for less mileage, later model after 2005 and good condition used car!!

1) Used - SE Saloon Automatic (Corolla , previous model and shape, 2006-2008)

2) Used - Honda Civic EXI Prosmatic 2005-2006 (Previous model & shape)

or Honda Civic VTI Prosmatic ....... same.. model

3) Used - Honda City (Autoamtic Probably called- Vario) (2006-2008 Previous model & shape)

4) Used Toyota Belta 1300 cc or 1000 cc

5) Used Vitz

In new cars, GLI is not coming in automatic verion and Altis will be queit expensive. However Honda City New model 2009 do have Automatic @ Rs. 1429,000/- but new city (a piece of sh.t) , in my opinion is too expensive (not true value for money), dont have good resale value and dark grey interior, back shape is also not admirable. Hondas never have good resale in Pakistan as compared to Corolla and Suzukis.

In new cars u do have the option of Suzuki LIANA (Eminent) 1600 cc automatic costing around Rs. 1140,000/- (All suzukis have good resalve except LIANA) and in case of Eminnet automatic, the resalve is further less.

In used imported cars , you can buy Toyota Belta 1000 cc or 1300 cc (both are automatic) Belta is a good superb car perforamce wise, but resale is comparately low, expensive parts etc.

In case of used honda city or honda civic u dont need to be worried about resale becoz the maximum value loss goes to first owner in resale, u will get good honda in good price as u would be the second owner. But Corolla Seloon is the first option for you.

If i were in place of you , i would have go for Honda Civic EXI 2005 or 2006 (Autoamtic=called Prosmatic) previous shape. The performance is great, shape is superb and look is fantastic (Exi 1500 cc and VTI 1600 cc) and i still love that shape alot ( Probably mad of that shape. Since i wana buy new one, thats why i will go for Xli/GLI Corolla).

However i personally dont like the shape of previous corolla and city (neither new city). But people do like previous corolla, so dont worry about my comment on previous model of corolla

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@@ so wasif, for you my recommendation is SE Saloon Automatic at Number 1 and Honda Civic 2005 EXi Prosmatic at # 2. Dont worry about its resale. Its not bad, becuz, anyone wana buy auto matic, he would prefer corolla or honda civic (just like u) However the parts of Honda Civic and maintenance is little bit expensive than corolla. But if i were you, i would have gone for Honda Civic 2005-06 Exi (such a prestigious shape and am mad of that car)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@@ so wasif, for you my recommendation is SE Saloon Automatic at Number 1 and Honda Civic 2005 EXi Prosmatic at # 2. Dont worry about its resale. Its not bad, becuz, anyone wana buy auto matic, he would prefer corolla or honda civic (just like u) However the parts of Honda Civic and maintenance is little bit expensive than corolla. But if i were you, i would have gone for Honda Civic 2005-06 Exi (such a prestigious shape and am mad of that car)

Oreo you really solved my issue.. i would go for se saloon 2005 to 2006 model... thank you so much dear for your detailed email and in the result of your detailed email now i am ready to go for se saloon , but dear do you please give me price range? for how much i can get se saloon 2005 to 2006 model with less millage in pakistan Lahore ? please advice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are in Pakistan, you can check out the Sunday Dawn English Newspaper (or may be The News, is more popular in Lahore) and Sunday Jang Newspaper . Start searching ads from tomorrow! call the vehicle owners! Tips for having a good car

a) Try to find less mileage car (b) Car not transferred so many times, but try to find car in the name of first owner and u would be the second owner (c) Avoid buying through brokers and dealers (d) try to buy from direct owner (e) in the final inspection, take a experienced mechanic with you for evaluation (f) check out the documentation of car as well

Note: Low mileage and good exterior condition is not the only criteria of a good car, as in Pakistan, mileage in meter can be reduced and exterior could be repainted as well!! Thus be careful and be careful to brokers and dealers as well.

I dont have the accurate idea of SE Saloon, as it depends upon the model and condition too. Since earlier i was planning to buy Honda Civic Exi Pros. I did working on Honda Civic Exi 2005 and 2006. In Karachi, a car in good condition mileage within 30,000 km was costing between Rs. 950,000 to Rs. 1020,000/-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are in Pakistan, you can check out the Sunday Dawn English Newspaper (or may be The News, is more popular in Lahore) and Sunday Jang Newspaper . Start searching ads from tomorrow! call the vehicle owners! Tips for having a good car

a) Try to find less mileage car (b) Car not transferred so many times, but try to find car in the name of first owner and u would be the second owner (c) Avoid buying through brokers and dealers (d) try to buy from direct owner (e) in the final inspection, take a experienced mechanic with you for evaluation (f) check out the documentation of car as well

Note: Low mileage and good exterior condition is not the only criteria of a good car, as in Pakistan, mileage in meter can be reduced and exterior could be repainted as well!! Thus be careful and be careful to brokers and dealers as well.

I dont have the accurate idea of SE Saloon, as it depends upon the model and condition too. Since earlier i was planning to buy Honda Civic Exi Pros. I did working on Honda Civic Exi 2005 and 2006. In Karachi, a car in good condition mileage within 30,000 km was costing between Rs. 950,000 to Rs. 1020,000/-

can i have you mobile number?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for new gli..a very good car indeend..plus it would b zero meter so no tentionz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usarwar

go for new gli..a very good car indeend..plus it would b zero meter so no tentionz

Dear my budget is 1.1 to maximum 1.2 million,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have budget problem
    But Corolla is a nice choice donot go for new ugly city
    It is impossible to please everybody.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic EXI or SE saloon only these carz suit u......If we compare a few aspects they come like this;

1) low Fuel consumption...........civic EXI

2) Spare part expensive.......... civic

3) Resale..............................both

4) Price.................................both be same price & would rarely cross 1 million

5) My choice..........................Auntie CIVIC!

And remember if ur going to do only in city driving than CVIVC & if out of city,meaning rural than SE....Remember!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List