Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Planning to Buy New Toyota Corolla Gli

Dear Pakwheelers...
    1st of all i love this website and all lovely people arround giving wise opinion and advices,

i am overseas pakistani and planning to buy Corolla Gli 2009 in pakistan ( lahore ) for my family use, is there automatic option available in Gli? or should i go for Atlis 2009 or old model like 2004 to 2006 A/T

please suggest me a good car for family use,

what do you guys think if i go for Vitz 2005 - 2006 model

well if i will buy brand new my budget is arround 14.5 or for used A/T car 9 to 10

please also advice that is this a right time to buy a car in pakistan or should i wait for budget 09-10

i have seen some prople here selling there VITZ cheaper then 3 months old price, will it come more down? i can wait till Ramadan

Please Advice

Thank you
    Wasif Qayyum / Emaar Business Park, Building no.4, Office 505, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, U.A.E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khuramned

Civic EXI or SE saloon only these carz suit u......If we compare a few aspects they come like this;

1) low Fuel consumption...........civic EXI

2) Spare part expensive.......... civic

3) Resale..............................both

4) Price.................................both be same price & would rarely cross 1 million

5) My choice..........................Auntie CIVIC!

And remember if ur going to do only in city driving than CVIVC & if out of city,meaning rural than SE....Remember!

Thank you khurram!
    but i don't know i am scared to buy used civic in pakistan, infact as i know toyota resale is always better then honda all over the world, i don't know why but i preffer to go for toyota and its will be great investment for long term... atleast for next 4 to 5 years..
    as i know toyota change there model for corolla after every 5 to 6 years and as i know they recently change the design so new design will arrive after 5 years and if go for 2005 corolla model it would be second last shape but civic they change there model after every 4 years and as i know they change there last model in 2007 world wide so i will loose more if i will buy old shape civic ...

please suggest if i go for altis 2006 - 2007 A/T then what whould be the price?

Thank you
    Wasif Qayyum / Emaar Business Park, Building no.4, Office 505, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, U.A.E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The prices of cars always inc here in Pak.if u buy a car worth 1 million.after 5 yrs it wil stil be able to sell at a million.coz the new cars will b over 2 million by then! So chill n dnt worry bout resale.as an example.my father imported a 1986 corolla frm england.it costed him 210k back in 1989.we sold to mamoo at 170k.the car is worth almost double now.similarly ppl who bought xli in 2003 will b more or less getting the same price today! So if i were u i wodnt b so worried bout resale.remember u dnt know whether ull live till dat time or not! Y worry bout the future when u dnt know wot its gonna b like!
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zunny

The prices of cars always inc here in Pak.if u buy a car worth 1 million.after 5 yrs it wil stil be able to sell at a million.coz the new cars will b over 2 million by then! So chill n dnt worry bout resale.as an example.my father imported a 1986 corolla frm england.it costed him 210k back in 1989.we sold to mamoo at 170k.the car is worth almost double now.similarly ppl who bought xli in 2003 will b more or less getting the same price today! So if i were u i wodnt b so worried bout resale.remember u dnt know whether ull live till dat time or not! Y worry bout the future when u dnt know wot its gonna b like!

agreed ...

i am planning to go for honda civic exi 2005 to 2006 model
    what do you think?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@@ wasif!! well honda civic exi prosmatic 2005-2006 would be the good option as well. Dont worry about the resale, because u are already buying a used one. Since the resale is less, the maximum loss will go to the first owner and since u would the second owner, u wont loose much on third sale. however maintenance and parts of Civic is little expensive as compare to Corolla. But offcourse people do keep hondas. New altis would be expensive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since ur priority is automatic thats why, either go for used Se Saloon Automatic or Honda Civic Prosmatic. In case of new one, i already recommneded XLI/GLI is the best option (but they are not manual)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

.......... i meant, but xli/gli are manual !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oreo2009

.......... i meant, but xli/gli are manual !!

Oreo tell me procedure to buy car in lahore from showroom..
    do i need to pay full cash money or can i present cheque?
    or should i wait untill end of june or starting of july?
    what do you think what will be the price of gli or xli after budget

please advice

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for altis 2005-2008 if u wan a/t

exi is a ******** with a non vtec engine and se saloon corolla was discontinued in june05 and is not good as its not vvti best option altis a/t cuz u have a budjet of 14.5

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wasif!! if you wana buy new one, you can visit toyota authorized dealers in Lahore!! Below you can find the link.

http://www.toyota-indus.com/dealers/...?select=Lahore

Generally in buying a new car from Toyota Authorized Showroom, you have to make the full payment through Pay Order / Demand Draft in favor of Indus Motor Company Limited, at the time of booking. In Karachi, now a days XLI is being delivered in 4-5 weeks and GLI in 6-7 weeks after booking. If you want immediate delivery you can buy it from non autohrized dealer by paying some extra money.

News is hot that that Govt is abolishing 5 % FED on Local cars. Flexibile policies in imported used cars are also in process, thus the prices are expected to come down a bit after budget!! But nothing is guaranted in Pakistan. Present price of xli and gli are Rs. 1299000/- and Rs. 1419000/- If 5% Federal excise duty is exempted then the price of XLI would be Rs. 1244,000/- and price of GLI would be Rs. 1364,000/-

Earier you wanted to call me! give me ur number, i will get back to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List