0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Baleno GLIP start up issue

Hi I have Baleno GLIP 2000 all is well except that during 1st start of the day when engine switches to CNG, car shuts down once in two to three times. This happens only when the engine is cool. As per factory setting, Engine switches to CNG at 1700 RPM. So there are two solutions in my mind

1. Restrict the engine RPM below 1700 till engine heats up??? but at times engine reaches this RPM just after start momentarily, just touches 1700 and comes back and simultaneously engine swithes to CNG and chances of shut down. How to restrict RPM below 1700 just after start???? I need advice

2. Raise the change over RPM but how?????????

3. Simple solution start on petrol, let the engine heat up then shift to CNG????

Which is the best one I need help

thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have your fuel selector switch reprogrammed to switch over at a higher rpm . By the sound of it you probably have a sticking ISC valve (notorious with Balenos) as a cold start should not raise RPM over 1100+/- 100. Check vacum hoses as well for a loose connection or a cracked pipe.

P.s: State mileage and latest service record for a reasonably accurate diagnosis.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx FLi_GTi

I would like to know little bit about "sticking ISC" and where to check for vacum hoses for loose connection.

It has just crossed 100000 km and i am planning to keep it for another atleast 5 years, so please advise accordingly.

After 1st start it definitely goes above 1500 RPM and at times touching 1700 resulting unwaranted switch over.

Now how to reprogramme fuel selector switch??? just by the sound of engine?? or i should go to some learned CNG mechanic as locals will not be able to reprogramme???

Another minor issue is that with AC and on CNG if the car completely halts then pick up is very sluggish in 1st gear. initially no response from accelator then it suddenly picks, this is only on CNG and not always occasionally only. would appreciate your advice on this.

Yet another issue, i had a leak only one to two drops from the radiator top side from the hinge where its connected to car body. Mechanic said car is making more pressure. further inquiry revealed faulty radiator cap which was stopping the back flow of coolant. origional baleeno cap costs 1200 Rs, mine already was not origional. What specs of radiator cap should i look for in the market? pressure, size, make etc

thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check loose vacume hoses after the throttle body. The Baleno has four if memory serves me correctly. One for the brake servo, one for the map sensor, one for the fuel pressure regulator and one for the valve cover breather.

The fuel selector switch can be programmed by a qualified CNG technician.
    Your car bogging down once the A/C is on could be because its out of tune. Replace firters and plugs and have valve clearances checked.
    Faulty Ignition timing advance.

Replace all cooling system parts or any others for that matter with OEM units.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx for the info but what about location and cleaning of Idle air control valve???? I failed to locate it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its right under the throttle body with water pipes running to & from it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi sir, just to update you, I got the throttle body and ISC valve cleaned, most of the issues are resolved except one that is with AC "On" car is not sustaining Idle RPM and gives symptoms of stall but never does so except giving a bit of vibrations on steering wheel and gives a feel that engine is about to sink. How can i check the serviceability of ISC valve motor. One electician told me that there is small black colour little rectangular box on top of throttle body marked "PRESSUE SENSOR" MADE IN USA is faulty. request your comments. Also there should be some rise in RPM with AC selection that is also not there. I would appreciate your earliest reply thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My apologies as i was unable to check in to view your post although i do hope the telephonic conversation was helpful in some manner. Feel free to call should the problem persist.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List