2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla rear tyre jammed after service

Yesterday I took my brother's XLI 2006 for service. Then I came back and it ran fine without problems. Now today in the morning we came to know that the rear left tyre is not moving and is jammed!!

What could be the reason? Is it because of water going into it? Ever heard about this problem?

Air pressure is also low in that tyre probably half. On top of that the battery is also dried up thanks to me I forgot to turn the lights of yesterday. So could this low pressure be the culprit and although the tyre is fine it seem to be not moving when we are giving dhaka to car??
    WW3 the star studded extravaganza is coming to countries near you....book your weapons now!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Define Jam.....i am sure it is not because of the service.

Could be the brakes......have you been doing Donuts using the hand brake?

I used to have a old honda prelude...its rear brake caliper used to get jammed, whenever i pulled the handbrake too hard.
    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh yes the rear left tyre's brake shoe or may be they are callipers were jammed. I put in another battery, then start the car and raced a little.....gave some sudden jerks to car so the brake shoe become free and after a few tries a sound came from tires like something is broke and tyres were free.

Then I took it to mechanic who check and found everything to be fine...except that brake shoe had a small hair fracture on one side...otherwise everything was fine. He told me the car has separate brake shoes for hand brake and normal brake and this faulty brake shoe belonged to hand brake so no worries.

I am not into donuts or any of this activity. My favourite speed is 60KM-65KM per hour on which I normally drive.
    WW3 the star studded extravaganza is coming to countries near you....book your weapons now!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

may be the water went into the bearings or the break pads adjustment went wronge.
    !!!!!!!!One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List