Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ]]]]] Problems in New 2009 Corolla

NOTE: Only 2009 Corolla Owners

Discuss the problems that you have faced with your 2009 new corolla. I am not here to solve them but let's see how many 2009 corolla owners are satisifed with their car. Only Corolla owners comments will be accepted not honda fan boys or anti-corolla peoples.

[toofast edit] This is not a Corolla/Civic comparison thread. This thread will help future car buyers. I would recomemend same type of threads for Civic, Baleno or any other car owners too. All Civic or non Corolla owners please stay out of this thread. i will delete any stupid/unrelated replies from this thread. We need input from current gen. Corolla owners only. Thanks
    It is impossible to please everybody.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I installed CNG in my XLI 4 months back and engine check light got on some days bak, then it automatically turned off , and now its again on, can any one advice wat problem is it??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To those friends and brothers who are complainig that Corolla variants have one shape. Kindly note that other car makers are also doing it for example.

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 to 1.6 all variants same shape
    Nissan Sunny 1.3 to 1.6 all variants same shape
    Suzuki Liana 1.3 to 1.6 same shape
    Honda Civic (previous model) 1.5 (exi) to 1.6 same shape
    Honda City (Steermatic and IDSL) also had same shape
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile

Sir i agree with you more over for those who want to access difference should drive or atleast sit in altis at night and xli/gli and they will know the difference .....my cousin had xli and i found it very attractive the orange interior but after i got my car and week later i went with my cousin his car looked a lot different ...........i am not saying xli/gli is not good but the difference is there.....those who want different shape can buy premio 1800 same engine as altis with diferent shape .....even civic comes in 1.8 and hybrid 1300 in same shape ......corolla xli is great car u get a car which falls in category of big cars to most of people who donto know difference in engine....but when u buy city it some how feels u were unable to buy civic and u ended up with city with xli ...
    As far as model change is concerned again i belong to average pakistani family and donot like to change model every year so when i buy car i prefer same model contiunes for some time ......canot afford to buy new car just for looks every 2 years...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all GLi 2009 owners
    I have one question. GLi 2009 has power side mirrors. Does this mean that the side mirrors can be retracted from inside the car? or they can only be adjusted and we have to fold them manually.

Thanks,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@riz_85
    Side mirrors can only be adjusted.You will have to fold them manually.

@All
    My car is going fine Alhamdulilah.
    I didnt get the warranty policy. What if i am going on a road trip and my car's fuel pump or whatever breaks down? Obviously i will have to get it repaired. And when i will be back to Karachi i will claim warranty. But here they said you cannot get anything repaired or else warranty is void. I got Alloy rims for my car and lost wheels warranty haha. Get CNG and warranty is gone.

Picture of my car:
     Problems in New 2009 Corolla -2852
    'One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.' -Gerard Way.My Chemical Romance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ arsy96

Thanks Bro!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    You ve to fold them manualy rizi_85.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all thanks guys for your inputs
    It is impossible to please everybody.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the worst part is the rear leg room, Im 6'5 and have problems sitting in the back if the front passengers are even 5'8

then theres the stupid electric throttle, DEAD... it acts more like a switch than a varistor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think now this Thread need some Cleaning as again and again almost same problems are discussed while growing the thread which is hectic for any buyer or only researcher
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone tell me if the head lights of GLi 2009 can be adjusted or not. In old cars, there are some screws which can be used to adjust the head lights. Are these screws or adjusters are present in GLi 2009. and if these are present where to find them and are there separate adjusters for low beams and high beams.

Thanks,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am very much satisfied with the performance of GLi 2009. According to me, some features are lacking like security system and retractable side mirrors.

@all GLi 2009 owners.

I need to install security system in my car but the dealership officials said that if I'll install security/alarm system I'll not be able to claim the warranty. What I need to know is do the Toyota dealers install security systems and if yes what is the cost and which security system it will be. I booked my car through Toyota Walton Motors Lahore.

Thanks,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizi-85. The security system are nothing in front of car lifters, they open up the side indicator cover take out the bulb and put a short bulb to silence it and open up the car in seconds. Even tracker is not that effective because of satellite jammers now in the reach of car lifters.

In previous corolla, ppl put a padlock in the steering joint, though not entirely foolproof, if a good quality padlock (not chinese one) is used, it can take a long time to be broken or cut by handheld cutters.......so that could be a safer bet then the toown toown alarm and not also viod your warranty.

I do not know if the steering joint near the pedal area is acceible in new Gil or not
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile

Thank you very much for your reply. I need some more information about the padlock system which you mentioned. and if you can tell me about any other safer option it will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizi-85. 15 police in Rawalpindi and Islamabad had been advertising a kunda and lock system which locks break and clutch. I think similar system would be available in Lahore.

Or you can just check if you can find the joint of steering where a padlock can be inserted. It is there in mehran, khyber and Xli-Gli (previous model)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile

Ok I'll check the steering tonight. meanwhile can you please elaborate the "kunda and lock system". I have not seen it in lahore yet or may it is there but I didn't noticed.

Thanks,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

excellent car... good millage.. better road grip..
    Wasif Qayyum / Emaar Business Park, Building no.4, Office 505, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, U.A.E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please tell me whether Corolla 2009 (XLi/GLi) is pre-wired for Installation of Fog lights or not?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just came across this thread while searching around in the forums and found it to be a great one. Good replies and nice information.

I've a Corolla Altis Cruisetronic. The car is really good, I bought it after having 2 generations of civic, had a corolla in 2003 and then civic 2005 and then civic 2006 (8th gen). After recieving the car the 1st thing that i noticed was the general interior and exterior quality of the car which is top notch for this level of cars an example could of closing the door u can even close that door of this altis with a push of a finger from a closing distance of an inch which is great.

The problems, the only problem I faced was of air-conditioning, its cooling was not good for short trips in the begining it used to take atleast a drive of 20mins to cool the cabin if the car's been parked under the sun for some time. I took it to a toyota dealership at first they said it just fine but then when I forced em to do something about it they flushed the gas out of the compressor and then refillled it which solved the problem for me, but still I feel cooling is not that good but its better than before.

Coming to the EPS problem, EPS is very good with in the city but as soon as you hit the motorway you'll feel that it loses its feel after 100km/h till about 125km/h which was very troubling for me the first time i took it there, but as soon as you cross the 125 barrier it starts getting better and it has a great feel at 140 and above. To counter this problem i've changed the tyres to yoko c.drives and a little feel is back in that speed band, but what i usually do is I set the cruise control to around 128 i.e between 125 and 130 where the car is trouble free and you enjoy the boring motorway drive without getting a speeding ticket. Cruise control is a great option and it compensates for the lack of steering feel very well. The rest I like everything about this car no electrical problem like ECU and I wash the engine bay myself after every two weeks. The mutli-information display in the speed o meter are very infromative and helpful right now i'm getting around a range of 500kms per tank in the city and around 570-600kms motorway drive at the speed of (128km/hr).

The passenger cabin is free of noises and engine is very smooth and refined and gears shift seemlessly as compared to my 7th and 8th gen civics, acceleration is very good equal to the 8th gen prosmatec and gets even better when i switch it to manual mode. Great car apart from air conditioning, good leg room all around, but i find 8th gen civic to be a lil more roomy at the back which is due to the inclination of the rear seats back, civic's rear seat is more inclined and corollas seat is a bit up-straight good for old people but not for me, but anyways I don't sit at the back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Air Conditioning have some issues as whn i m at Toyota Islamabad i saw few peoples compalining about the AC Cooling or some Xli owners some weird noise at around 3k RPM. So Toyota need to address tht issue.
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List