95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default for corolla fans,, prove me if ....,,,,,

is it stock or modified?.. modified cars have diffirent weight/hp ratio power than stock cars.
    corolla ae-101 known in pakistan as ee-100 is produced in many countries, ,in Pakistan came out in 3 diffirent models seperated by engine class. 2c/4afe/2e. corolla was also manufactured in other countries as 5 door/3 door model. for example corolla was also introduced as corolla fx with 4age engine in certain part of world and 2 door model as 4age20v aka ST and later BT. these cars were manufactured after 4agze (supercharged series). toyota decided to name as Bz-r and later GT apex the 2 door corolla known as levin in certain part of world where as treuno name was used elsewhere. As its one of the largest production car in the world, diffirent names were given to models to define world market plus toyota management also likes to name cars in a particular fashion.
    Ok in pakistan, you had various models xe, xe-g, gl, gli1.6l gli1.6auto 2.0d and 2.0d limited.
    now as you see so many various models in above statement do you think they all have same car weight or engine power?. no.
    do they share more or less same chassis design?. yes. if all are 4 door chassis design the diffirences are coming from added features like power windows seats uphostery etc.
    yes another diffirence is engine setup.
    a 1.3l carburator /1.6l efi/ and 2l deisel. the brakes were same as not a massive diffirence in hp so bhp is same. suspension setup diffirent as engine weight is diffirent plus gli 1.6l has less ground clearance. car weights are diffirent yes. why? because mainly engine is diffirent 1.3l is light weight around 92kg approx or little more 1.6l heavier and so on. so the main question is what happens when you put a 4age20valve engine in this car, the car weight goes heavier or remains same? the 20v is rated at 155kg. so we are adding more weight, meaning better traction to front tires. so given a xe and when i change engine the car is not rated as xe weight but now it will be heavier car. lets compare chassis weight of 2 door levin 96 to 4 door xe. given the fact engine remains same in both. how much diffirence can you judge out in chassis weight, if you bring out point gt-s/ gt apex had more metal on the floor panel of passenger compartment will add a few kg to levin bz-r where as pakistan made xe might be less quality steel/metal. the question is how much diffirence? can it be balanced out by fact we all know 4 door car is heavier than 2 door model and stationwagon is the heaviest model. if japanese can put 4age in 5 door corolla fx did they make a mistake?. that car does not have stock car weight?. if i put 4age in 4 door corolla xe, then this car does not have stock car weight?. if minor diffirence is car weight is playing so much diffirence then what about driver's body weight? donest that have any role in total weight of car?. i am 125lbs/clothed, compared to another car driver who is heavier than me, seated in cars our cars will have diffirent weight. yes? or no? so can you prove with same precise weight/hp calculation that putting a 4age20v in corolla xe , car is not stock anymore? where as half the world is already satisfied with this swap, further changing brakes to 4wdisc/ suspension for grd clearance etc. as you change engine, so many engine related parts get changed so yr car goes way heavier than what it was. so how correct is your analysis that car weight is same?. prove it! by facts.

secondly, if you are changing rim /size for actual 15" to 17" yr car is supposed to be slower not faster now that is a given fact.

PS. the discussion participants will remain disclosed for privacy matter regardless of fact any discussion took place prior to this one.

,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if i remove monogram and add few luxury features apart from power features can you still trace out if its XE?
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

swooooooosh
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmmmm

where r da experts???????
    -

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you add a monogram and paint the door handles and the side view mirrors and a few other gimmicks I dont think it will be recognizeable as an XE..and yes XE is a very very light car but dont you think if you go from 17's to 15's again it will increase you wheel spin and reduce the traction you have.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@levin

u got mail
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Levin the difference can be calculated with body weights of XE and the other car from which your 2.0lit engine came.....I know you are laughing at me,,,cheers
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro: i did my homework, now its yr turn to calculate,if you like corolla, not laughing here, happy you replied

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir aap to burra maan gai uss raat ki baat ka. But as its a discussion, so i'll put my 2 cents worth.
    Sir aap kia saree batain eik taraf, Have a look at your engine mount. Is it stock? No, Modified! Is the center piece in your exhaust stock? No. DO you have a catalytic converter? NO. DO you have an idle up VSV? NO. Is the instrument cluster you have now sotck or off a EE100 - AEMDS which is what it says on your Vin. Four wheel discs with front 4 pots? No. Stronger rear trailing links and Mcpherson Struts? NO. ABS? No again!!
    Don;t you think you have a better specific output as compared to a Levin. Its true your car is a Corolla, but its NOT the Corolla that the VIN says it is.
    Its like putting in a 4G63T in place of a SOHC 4G63 in a Lancer and sayin well its still stock. The jump from 140hp to 260hp says otherwise!! Hope you'll agree~!
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rashid bhai phans gaye
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good reply,,i was expecting it
    well there are a few points i take. catalyst clogs exhaust especially when filled up over years of usuage..... but mounts dont have anything to do with hp or minor diffirence of 1 kg max in weight. on/off vaccumm switching valve may not be there the instrumental cluster i have states 9000 rpm so wonder what engines revs to 9000? and is a jap model cluster stating 180km/hr max plus the little lights inside too sharp, local cars dont have.,, abs ?. is to do braking ,, not a big issue can get anytime after 4wd and,,,,, suspension, that's a contraversy going on, how low can i go,, frt/rear strut bars can be arranged. but now yr coming to point..

cant it be made stock just because you dont have apex chassis, dont mean you play ,,,,, now i forgot what was gonna write here, i just had a ph .call,, meanwhile this is all,,lolz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not about horsepower gains. The topic under discussion is weather your car is modified or stock. The fact of the matter is that it IS. Period. Its as much a Levin as an SR-5 is a GT-S.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

modified inside corolla parts range,, id say,, wow back to sqaure one.
    no apexi exhausts, or t2/t3 turbo or arias pistons yet.... well i get there i'll call it modified,..myself, when car as a whole along with engine has serious increase in perf and power over stock

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    i think mounts mods are enough to call your car a moded one......i don't know what you change else but yeah its moded i called it..."modified" sounds like a thing whose all stock things are just pulled out and car was like made by myself..but i consider the car moded when the main things related to car are changed a/c to your requirment....and i think putting 4A-GE 20V in XE is not a simple thing....
    Thanxxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buzzzzzzzzzzzz. you will hear bees, when i mention a modified corolla setup lolz.. this baby is nothing in comparision. but yes upgraded/redesigned/ mod inside corolla parts. and little parts to accomodate..so its not xe, but monogram stays there because othewrwise ppl think i lost monogram/repainted trunk . i never liked any monograms.. anyway

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@levin
    We do this stuff all day long you can not tell the difference from out side but once you open the hood there is a different between day and night are you talking about modiyfing from outside or engine we mostly do it from out side .
    I'm a freak who lost his mind in the busy world of today and takes his frustration by being funny with others

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

portage:
    i took a 2 door corolla and put it in 4 door corolla, everybody in pk is after me its seriuosly modified car.. and i am saying when i put formula atlantic parts, that is modifiying,,,lolz,, its nothing serious

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oops, i mean engine of 2 door corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@levin
    Sir urs car isnt modified. but we can say it like that its a mixture of.
    Stock Car Body + Upgraded Capacity Stock Engine.

it is one of the class. u must feel proud to have it.
    Cheers
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please I am sorry if I am wrong but I will first say something frankly that I am not a corolla fan.Now when u r saying that If u put a bigger engine in the front it will increase traction on the front wheels that is totally true but only in a straight line.Please do not try to enter a corner very fast or u will be having a very difficult slide(i.e. to control).Always remember that cars have a limit.The corolla is a very light car.This is the main reason that I have not liked a corolla.Secondly whenever u put in a heavier engine plz do change or modify the suspension.There is a reason for that coz if u run the original suspension then it has not been tuned to handle the new engine's weight.Always do remember that if ur front end is heavy then ur back end is very light now.It will not add stability to ur vehicle at high speeds.The back end will step out at average speeds also.Also please do not downsize ur rim, the car will not look that cool.Also as this engine will enhance performance u will need to keep the current 17" rim or u will be spending time wheelspinning.I think I will call ur car modified.Please write back.
    THE FASTEST ONE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List