95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default for corolla fans,, prove me if ....,,,,,

is it stock or modified?.. modified cars have diffirent weight/hp ratio power than stock cars.
    corolla ae-101 known in pakistan as ee-100 is produced in many countries, ,in Pakistan came out in 3 diffirent models seperated by engine class. 2c/4afe/2e. corolla was also manufactured in other countries as 5 door/3 door model. for example corolla was also introduced as corolla fx with 4age engine in certain part of world and 2 door model as 4age20v aka ST and later BT. these cars were manufactured after 4agze (supercharged series). toyota decided to name as Bz-r and later GT apex the 2 door corolla known as levin in certain part of world where as treuno name was used elsewhere. As its one of the largest production car in the world, diffirent names were given to models to define world market plus toyota management also likes to name cars in a particular fashion.
    Ok in pakistan, you had various models xe, xe-g, gl, gli1.6l gli1.6auto 2.0d and 2.0d limited.
    now as you see so many various models in above statement do you think they all have same car weight or engine power?. no.
    do they share more or less same chassis design?. yes. if all are 4 door chassis design the diffirences are coming from added features like power windows seats uphostery etc.
    yes another diffirence is engine setup.
    a 1.3l carburator /1.6l efi/ and 2l deisel. the brakes were same as not a massive diffirence in hp so bhp is same. suspension setup diffirent as engine weight is diffirent plus gli 1.6l has less ground clearance. car weights are diffirent yes. why? because mainly engine is diffirent 1.3l is light weight around 92kg approx or little more 1.6l heavier and so on. so the main question is what happens when you put a 4age20valve engine in this car, the car weight goes heavier or remains same? the 20v is rated at 155kg. so we are adding more weight, meaning better traction to front tires. so given a xe and when i change engine the car is not rated as xe weight but now it will be heavier car. lets compare chassis weight of 2 door levin 96 to 4 door xe. given the fact engine remains same in both. how much diffirence can you judge out in chassis weight, if you bring out point gt-s/ gt apex had more metal on the floor panel of passenger compartment will add a few kg to levin bz-r where as pakistan made xe might be less quality steel/metal. the question is how much diffirence? can it be balanced out by fact we all know 4 door car is heavier than 2 door model and stationwagon is the heaviest model. if japanese can put 4age in 5 door corolla fx did they make a mistake?. that car does not have stock car weight?. if i put 4age in 4 door corolla xe, then this car does not have stock car weight?. if minor diffirence is car weight is playing so much diffirence then what about driver's body weight? donest that have any role in total weight of car?. i am 125lbs/clothed, compared to another car driver who is heavier than me, seated in cars our cars will have diffirent weight. yes? or no? so can you prove with same precise weight/hp calculation that putting a 4age20v in corolla xe , car is not stock anymore? where as half the world is already satisfied with this swap, further changing brakes to 4wdisc/ suspension for grd clearance etc. as you change engine, so many engine related parts get changed so yr car goes way heavier than what it was. so how correct is your analysis that car weight is same?. prove it! by facts.

secondly, if you are changing rim /size for actual 15" to 17" yr car is supposed to be slower not faster now that is a given fact.

PS. the discussion participants will remain disclosed for privacy matter regardless of fact any discussion took place prior to this one.

,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@supercars

i have seen the car, driven it as well. engine chaged without any modifications to its mountings. front suspension change for balance, again corolla suspension used, u can call it is upgrading of parts. if u change u know pistons, cam shafts and other things like that to increase the hp than u can say that it ismodified. but if engine is stock than tell me how can we call it a modified car. again the conclusion is its an upgraded version of XE which is not available in market
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

with 4 people on board and AC on, a guy on Sohrab can over take u easilly if u have a stock corolla XE.
    @levin has converted into a 4 door roadster hell yes its highly modified
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hash:
    its called modifying/changing with corolla parts corolla has so many parts available that you can easily interchange and design yr own corolla, today i added a valve in brake line after brake booster,,,, nice braking diffirence i felt, all wheels holding together. car is not valued any anymore by what is inside it, its valued by what it was, what we change, how much research we put in before we make that change and accomodate the change by fine tuning the support parts.

a modified engine is defined: you take a engine block change internals eg: 4age (formula atlantic series) that is massive power increase to this stock car i have. ..comprendo? XE remains there monogram let it remain there, ask me honestly i never wanted any monograms not even toyota ring shape thingy.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is the car same as it was bought from the showroom/factory? NO.....sure thing, something BIG has changed in it....so its ' MODIFIED '....thats how i look at it.

its one hell of a ride though and i ' WISH ' i had that car! RASHID bhai, anyway i could have the same thing for 650k RS???

take care!!!
    i look like a beast, i lift like a beast, i eat like a beast...i am probably a beast!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 million,,, not even 900k. you have a choice to buy new model factory corolla or this, all mechincial parts are getting new here too .. i consult professionals daily

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 million? NAHEEEEN!!!

lets see, any good condition corolla, preferably XE as it would be cheaper than 2. od or 1.6 Gli...

RS 700k at max?

silver top, complete setup, 120k at max i;d say?

what else? i am sure theres more to come along, i am looking into it....your car simply rocks and it would LOVE to own one....

and i would get this setup any time over the new corolla.

and i think i went a bit off topic, if u want i can discuss the matter in email.

thanks
    i look like a beast, i lift like a beast, i eat like a beast...i am probably a beast!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you wanna buy indus motors stuff, go ahead. fine by me. my car doesnt go on that price range, you make your own car, lets see what is the overall perf you acheive, not just the power go on waste some money and time, they are lots of mechanics sitting out there waiting to eat you up before you see any seroius changes worthwhile.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adil is selling his 95 civic i heard. b16a + turbo for 9 lacs
    price shall come down with time. kaun ragri howee gari lai ga us ki :/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

indus motors stuff? i have no other option levin bro do i?

is your car an imported one or its indus motors as well? also, mind telling me how much did you get your silvertop for?

i am quite impatient at this time ( after sitting in ur ride ) and cant take decision, i was looking into charade but for some reason, i think it just WONT DO ;-) i am not resting until i get a 160hp + power machine for me !

hashim bhai! hell yeah, ragardee hogeee no doubt! plus did u seee theres a 1.6 DOHC VTEC sitting at IJAZ AUTOS F- 10, the guys asking a reaonable price but its an auto, dont wanan go that route again! :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awais yaar he is asking for more then 1 lacks for that engine i think ? thats not reasonable. I wonder if manual VTI/EXI gear box would fit with that engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Levin
    Rashid Bhai I hope you do not get angry with what I am going to say so I would like to apologise in advance but I am answering since you asked the question is it modified or not? Well look at it this wayfor Pakistan what does a stock XE have 2E engine and normal front springs, normal restricted exhaust from the factory and a price tag of about Rs 650,000 more or less. but you are asking a price of Rs 1million now if your car is stock then why the inflated price, coz you spent that much money and effort in making the car meet your requirements. So the factory made car does not meet your requistes you change it to do so. You might have stock ST 20V but it did not come with the car and exhaust was changed, suspension, ECU, instruments panel and etc. When you change things which come from the factory it is considered modified as much as a civic with a B Series engine conversion would be. So think about what I am saying 1 Million for modified and 650,000 more or less for a stock. Which one is your car stock or Modified? If you say stock I will buy it for 650,000
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nobody seems to read stock with corolla parts and not all stock xe are for sale,, especially with sticker of rs.650k its like reading the first line ,,,,,and last line and lets post a reply.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

stock corolla engine or not?
    for corolla fans prove me if  -627533

modified corolla engine?. or not)
    for corolla fans prove me if  -627534

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets start again this is my last try get it or....lolz

part 1:
    corolla is a tree,, any branch you go to you will remain to corolla tree. some branches may be thicker some narrow, some lower some higher. but as long yr on the tree, yr on the tree,

part2:
    yes taking a screw of another car and putting it yr corolla.. has yr corolla been modified?... answer is yes, if yall wanna play mathematical game.

but to round it up . i repeat certain parts remain same and certain added off market to support.
    XE wasnt even in discussion, guys like me want A car and want it that way,
    i personally dont give a damm it monogram stays back there or not. its not adding extra weight car can't handle! and i wanted was a good corolla chassis to start it off, and i found one,,,,,that's all folks.!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Levin
    Well according to what you are saying then toyota should be the tree and if I were to fix 2JZgte in a Levin that would not be considered a modification. Rashid Bhai maan lain, you have placed a better engine to suit your requirements and you tried to make your car a Corolla Levin GT and it is not a Corolla XE anymore coz the options of XE are no longer there and to think of it not all the options of a Levin Gt are there either I guess somewhere in the middle like a Chaka!! Lol!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rashid bhai zid na karein..man jain..
    whether its stock or modifed,its lovely

cheeerz
    Every one wants to go to Heaven , But Nobody wants to die..fact isnt it ?

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So that means all the civics with B-16 and B-18 are stock also ???

Coz then you are in the honda Tree only ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

from my side discussion is closed,,,nobody wanted to understand. levin/sprinter/corolla/trueno , is actually corolla.

racerf: corolla is example of a model. toyota is example of whole comapny, 2jz never came in ANY corolla . 4age did.

aridsoul: not a honda guy but you can compare honda company with toyota but corolla is not a company.

2ndly if b16 or b18 came in any civic model you can justify,, as far i know those intregra typeR engines.

I woundnt had started this topic, i didnt knew anything about corolla, so everybody so far nobody has convinced me.

intro of topic stated all corolla models were corolla.
    for corolla fans prove me if  -627537

this was my car , it said corolla in its right rear side and gt-s on left rear.. so i hope all agree its a corolla.
    what is the main most expensive part of a car?. lights?. seats? engine? doors? steering wheel?

engine..yes,, the car in pic above has 4age engine and is a corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lemme try pic again. i think it never came

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well. sorry the pic has a number symbol on it and PW wont show loaded pic, so anyone who doesnt believe my corolla story . i can e-mail the pic so lets finish discussion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List