1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla paint advice needed

Hi guys i am confused and your advice can really help me out .Today i went out to market and was standing alongside road in car when i heard a scratching sound i noticed that a 12/13 year old boy who was just going along the road decided to scratch my car he had some sort of pointed object in hand and as he passed along side the car he just scratched it ....upon hearing the sound i came out of car looked at the car and was shocked ...3 scratches are about 8 inches each long and in shape of simple line they are present on both doors ,front fender and on rear bumper ..i cannot explain how it felt my car is just 4000km done and these scratches are real deep... i scolded the boy and really really wanted to hit him as it was very much intentional.......God knows how i stopped my self....... i felt like pulling my hairs out ...any ways i tried the compound but to no avail ..as scratches are really deep....so went to Toyota Walton motors....and they said they will like to paint it whole part ....meaning half of car will be panted two doors front fender and rear bumper ...scratches are very obvious when looking from certain angle they are just like a line from white pencil....now what should i do? Car is insured hopefully they will cover it i think....Walton Motors have said that they will not apply PATEEN just simply paint it .....MY questions are

1) Should i get it painted cause though it may not be that apparent it reminds me of that idiot every time i go near the car and my BP shoots

2) My greatest concern is quality if painter don't apply pateen can repaint still be detected ?

3) How good are Walton motors? if i get the paint from them they will be using same paint as company and no pateen so the results should be similar to original .....

I don't intend to sale my car for next 5 years ........

Kindly advise

Corolla paint advice needed -41006 Corolla paint advice needed -41007 Corolla paint advice needed -41008

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i feel genuinely sad and sorry for you sir...but ur right. these things happen to a car..the first few scratches hurt the most..
    The SUB will do what the BOX tells it to do!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I feel real sorry - but I disagree with you about leaving the boy: he has not learned the lesson and I am sure he will do it again. you should have beaten the $chit out of him.

Very TRUE about motor cyclists; I pass Kalma Chowk daily and my previous car's bumpers were thoroughly screwed by bikers. In last days, I got so annoyed that I stopped caring about bumpers, rather used to give 'sides' to bikers who dared to come near. The best way is to park your car almost bumper to bumper - do not leave roam for an *** hole to 'adjust' himself.

I also hate rickshaw drivers: who, while trying to cross the main road, put their munhoos beak on road and think that road is there's... I broke few beaks with my previous car!

My aggressive story of above said started when an uncontrolled khota rairee screwed my car's left side (about four feet long scratch). After that, I thought if this is the way, then it should be. Broke beaks of few rickshaws, threw many bikers on roads. Pakistani bikers have absolutely no ethics of driving, traffic signals, line and lane have absolutely no meanings for them, if they reach a traffic signal at end they think it is their right to screw car paints and reach the front line .... (same is true for car drivers, but guys driving expensive cars does not do)...

>> Brave decision of living with these marks. Now atleast someone will not think about scratching it - hopefully.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadkhalil View Post
    I feel real sorry - but I disagree with you about leaving the boy: he has not learned the lesson and I am sure he will do it again. you should have beaten the $chit out of him.

Very TRUE about motor cyclists; I pass Kalma Chowk daily and my previous car's bumpers were thoroughly screwed by bikers. In last days, I got so annoyed that I stopped caring about bumpers, rather used to give 'sides' to bikers who dared to come near. The best way is to park your car almost bumper to bumper - do not leave roam for an *** hole to 'adjust' himself.

I also hate rickshaw drivers: who, while trying to cross the main road, put their munhoos beak on road and think that road is there's... I broke few beaks with my previous car!

My aggressive story of above said started when an uncontrolled khota rairee screwed my car's left side (about four feet long scratch). After that, I thought if this is the way, then it should be. Broke beaks of few rickshaws, threw many bikers on roads. Pakistani bikers have absolutely no ethics of driving, traffic signals, line and lane have absolutely no meanings for them, if they reach a traffic signal at end they think it is their right to screw car paints and reach the front line .... (same is true for car drivers, but guys driving expensive cars does not do)...

>> Brave decision of living with these marks. Now atleast someone will not think about scratching it - hopefully.
    Though our religion teaches us to forgive, however, in the given situation and also after becoming a victim this month, I agree with you. If caught, these guys should be given lesson. This will at least save others in future.

@Poster, why did you let the guy go and to do it with others?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have developed my own technique to fix these scratches , 75% chance it will work, get some touch up paint made and then pm me. the idea is that i fill the scratch with paint and then level it with a clay bar.
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I saw some add for those kind of scratches to b filled by some Marker type of thing and its impressive also, actually it melts some of the side paint and thn equalise the pant but i dont know wht will happen after a couple of years as one friend did this with his City and he is pleased till now in last 2 months.
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feel so sorry to see this. Humbly, and without meaning to sound sadistic at all, that boy should have been swung a reverse "thappar" straight on his face as lesson for future! You did a big mistake in not letting out, that sucker is gonna scratch someone else's now, enjoying to see the "rich" man furious! Yeah, that's the kind of mentality they have!

I'm saying this because this was intentional and who knows how many cars he didn't do before yours??

Anyhow, my suggestion is, touch up the easy part of it, and never mind painting one of the parts that's the worse and which doesn't scratch out with compound/touch up. No need to live with a chronic headache for 5 years!

I was offered an almost 100% Civic VTI Oriel in black, but turned it down because of bad touch up on ONE door only, that too just around the door handle, very minor defect, but enough for me to let the car go!!! Some customers don't like to see the single scratch on an otherwise fully perfectly maintained car!!

As for resale, lolz! To hell with that customer who doesn't realize that the door is perfectly fine, dent-free, from outer and inner (Pillar), but been touched up for a single scratch with company paint service and looks cool enough, kick his butt and find someone else!

Let us see when you're done with your beauty.

Best of luck,

Regards.
    " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feels really sorry and totally agree with Fahadkhalil.
    and i ill suggest u to leave it because now nothing in your hands except dil jalaney k because i know how this feels!!!
    im also a victim. (3 different cars ).
    As you know ur car is not ZERO METER now, if youre going to sell ur car then make a fair demand or according to market (what ever it is) and when u ill go to dealer or any buyer ill come to see ur ride he ill say (most of buyers/dealers); your car vibrating, ur car wont have pick, ur cars colour is like $chit, now ppl are not buying these cars,blah blah blah...,
    they ill try to prove that ur car is not a car this is rotten piece of $chit.
    BUT: when sum1 really like/interested in ur car he ill fullfil ur demand wahtever it is low or high.(personal experience)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should have hit the kid. Really. One slap and many more cars would have been saved.
    *Le me bashing begins.
    "Mian, mainey to tumharay abba ko bhi theek kia hai...."- Baba Hassan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this pisses me off. what do they get in return?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ooomar View Post
    this pisses me off. what do they get in return?
    diarrhea I hope.
    "Mian, mainey to tumharay abba ko bhi theek kia hai...."- Baba Hassan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List