6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Why do we hate Corolla 2.0 ?

This is something that we all face in Pakistan and that is a Hatered for its usually considered as a paindu car.
    but why do we hate it whats the main reason behind that
    is it the build quality
    is it the noisy cabin
    is the old 2C Engine

Most people who own civic they hate Toyota 2.0D

I myself am not a COrolla 2.0 D lover to me i have the following reasons

1 Over priced
    2 noisy Cabin
    3 uncomfortable seats
    4 cheap interior
    5 Cheap plastic dashboard
    6 Very slow and lacks respnose as compared to other Diesel engines around with world without a turbo

There has got to be something good about it that it has been the fastest selling car in pakistan and holds its market value
    but even then a lot of us hate it
    list in your reasons lets see what others have to say abt it

Audi is like a disease once it gets in your blood there is no going back

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i do not like corolla be it diesel or whatever so thats one of the reason. okay now another reason it does not feel like a sedan, when u hear it coming u get a impression that a diesel mini truck is coming and yea it leaves alot of smoke too plus it's only in two color i think white n black so it also adds to me hating it.

and it's a complete striped out version of corolla. it has nothing man nothing at all, no powere windows,interior sucks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it was fastest selling till the time diesel was cheap...not anymore.

but i believe main reason for its success in past was:

1. cheap cost of diesel fuel compared to petrol
    2. best fuel average among family sedans. about 15km/liter in city and 16-18km on highway
    3. great for hilly areas
    4. high torque and a mighty engine, so you can load as many sacks of rice/wheat/corn/vegetables etc from your village and travel around....you can put 6 peoply in it and yet it wont feel a thing

i would like to disagree with you on a few things. seats, interior,dashboard etc are same as other corolla variants. so you cannot call 2d cheap only...because they all are like that

2d no longer holds its market value...i wish they introduce a d4d engine or a nice diesel turbo..with automatic transmission

Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    and it's a complete striped out version of corolla. it has nothing man nothing at all, no powere windows,interior sucks.
    even xli is like that. 2d and xli have same interior and body.

2d saloon and altis have same interior and luxury. sunroof variants of both are also the same.

as for smoke, any diesel engine will give smoke if you dont know how to maintain it

i have charade diesel for last 25years and even to this day it does not give black smoke
    The SUB will do what the BOX tells it to do!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@9bl. 2.0D was very popular when diesel was 40 percent or more cheaper than petrol, but now hardly anybody buys it. It's been very economical and a workhorse people's carrier which could go unpaved roads which are the norm in Pakistan and good roads are still exception. Plus the simple 2C engine was easy to maintain and every mechanic understood it and parts available in every auto store across the country, so it was the reason for its success.

All cars are different and cater to different people and tastes.

Imported Lancer was a great car and even when Dewan was selling it for 839,000 rs, a few people bought it at that time comparable poorly built Pak-assembled cars were touching one million rupees mark.

The majority in Pakistan want a car with low maintenance cost, easy availability of cheap spares and high resale value and quality and safety are of the least concern to them. So whether someone likes it or not, things are like that here, but also there is hope and the change is coming in, now Honda's and non-Toyota and Suzukis have also good resale.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the engine sucks, 2c is slow. they should upgrade it to a turbo variant and all will be set

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i do not like corolla be it diesel or whatever so thats one of the reason. okay now another reason it does not feel like a sedan, when u hear it coming u get a impression that a diesel mini truck is coming and yea it leaves alot of smoke too plus it's only in two color i think white n black so it also adds to me hating it.
    No the Saloon version is fully loaded and available in all colours. A well maintained 2D would not throw out smoke or make much noise. I have travelled on it in AJK and believe me it went on unpaved mountain tracks without any hitch.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lafafa View Post
    it was fastest selling till the time diesel was cheap...not anymore.

but i believe main reason for its success in past was:

1. cheap cost of diesel fuel compared to petrol
    2. best fuel average among family sedans. about 15km/liter in city and 16-18km on highway
    3. great for hilly areas
    4. high torque and a mighty engine, so you can load as many sacks of rice/wheat/corn/vegetables etc from your village and travel around....you can put 6 peoply in it and yet it wont feel a thing

i would like to disagree with you on a few things. seats, interior,dashboard etc are same as other corolla variants. so you cannot call 2d cheap only...because they all are like that

2d no longer holds its market value...i wish they introduce a d4d engine or a nice diesel turbo..with automatic transmission
    u sure it gives 16-18km/ltr? bhai my dad's civic 1.8l gives 15km/lt easily on highways and that too with very quick pickups when truckers n bus walas get out of our way.

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    No the Saloon version is fully loaded and available in all colours. A well maintained 2D would not throw out smoke or make much noise. I have travelled on it in AJK and believe me it went on unpaved mountain tracks without any hitch.
    bhai i was referring to 2.0d when i was talking abt the colors. and we know that corolla can go on unpaved terrains but this is not the dicussion here. tp is asking for why we hate it so i wrote my reasons and if u like it then it up to u no ones stopping u .

9BL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i do understand of 2.0 D being expensive when Diesel was a cheaper fuel than Petrol
    but why is it SOOO extremely expensive now when the technology has not changed a bit and the body is also the same
    Just because of changed lights and a changed dashboard why do people spend almost 20 lack rupees for a car which is worth 10 lack
    why pay the price of two cars and get 1 when there is not even a single change in the car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You hate a car when you spend $$$ on it and it does not fulfill your expectations and leaves you stranded while traveling between point A and point B.

I think people who do not own a car and hate it just for the heck or it are......

I do not own a 2.0D, though traveled extensively on rented ones for work and it just does serve the purpose. It is just an ordinary car though overpriced and poorly built like all other cars available in Pakistan. 2C is too old, but now it is completely being built in Pakistan.

And D4D runs into trouble due to patchy diesel available in Pakistan.

The word Paindu is full or prejudice and serves nothing other than widening the Urban-rural divide. One should not classify fellow human beings on the basis of domicile. People from rural or semi-urban areas do need some sturdy rides and they are the main buyers of 2.0D, so no more pun please. The Urbanites now need to stop looking down upon their rural brethren, this is what the real education tells you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ bhai ur are getting me wrong here , i never said here that it is a painduis car, or did i u tell me?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@309

Bhai you started the thread with a loaded statement. Is it based on some poll or research?

This is something that we all face in Pakistan and that is a Hatered for its usually considered as a paindu car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its diesel thats why we hate it simple
    !!!!!!!!One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love!!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wah wah waha wah i think everyone here has got a short term memory,which was the most used and status symbol car once petrol prices were touching skies and there was no CNG around,I my self used to see all DHA mummy daddy driving that car.Well i fully love the 2.0D car ,90% commenting here have never owned one.Pl comment on some experience.Remember DHA is not the only PAKISTAN its quite big with poor roads and poor fuel availability which makes her best,I challenge all HONDA lovers to pl go and visit remote areas on ur cars , either its punjab or sarhad or balochistan. she can go anywhere and by the way makes less noise than 1N and sunny 2D.Its dependable,its affordable and highly reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by 9BL View Post
    i do understand of 2.0 D being expensive when Diesel was a cheaper fuel than Petrol
    but why is it SOOO extremely expensive now when the technology has not changed a bit and the body is also the same
    Just because of changed lights and a changed dashboard why do people spend almost 20 lack rupees for a car which is worth 10 lack
    why pay the price of two cars and get 1 when there is not even a single change in the car
    do u think mehran is well priced?or ur REBORN is well priced?
    HONDAS are like GIRLFRIEND and, TOYOTA a life partner always with u even going is tough..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think 2.0d 's body is heavier than xli or gli's body,
    correct me if I am wrong...

9BL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Umm i dont think so the body in all these cars is the same 2.0D just feels heavier to drive because most diesels without a turbo do feel that way

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but I think that 2.0d has some difference in body, because Its body surface & Quailty is not that good, usually paint job is not easy in a heavy metal, compare a patrol xli or gli & a 2.0d just after one year of usage, the bdy of 2.od will look like a 5year old car as compared

the point is the paint quality is not good or the body is heavier than gli

9BL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla 2.0 D with heavier body thats a joke i dont bileve it its just the whole cars weight which is a bit more than xli and thats because of the engine weight otherwise there is no difference at all its the same plate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i do not like corolla be it diesel or whatever so thats one of the reason.
    hah!! well boy m observing u like from past 2/3 months .. I know u r a Honda lover but y do u always degrade COROLLA?

dun write fake information.. my uncles and friends have 1.8 civics but they don't give a mileage of more than 10kms in a city.. whats with ur civic like how can it give 15kms average :s ..

i dun know much about new 2.0d but previous 2.0d was simply AWESOME!! i drove a rental car n believe u me it was like a jinn.. i really enjoyed the drive and it was way too economical.. v filled up the tank and the driver was driving car at the speed of 160 km/h on motorway n reached isb in half tank.. now thats wot v call ECONOMICAL!

now coming to the point why to go for 2.0d??

well diesel prices r high nowadays so its better to go for petrol ones... well in short,

Corolla is an economical car, Realiable, Easy availablity of parts and cheap maintainance.. every mechanic knows how to deal with this car so no need to worry on long routes..

@ 309.. do take ur 1.8 honda to malakand side.. if it got stuck in the middle of the road then u'll see how many mechanics will be able to start it cheers!!

9BL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

See that is the main reason i started this very topic
    Why do we hate it , Why is it so popular why does it sell like hot cakes

After Suzuki mehran the next car which took pakistan by storm was corolla 2.0D like it or not but thats a fact which we cannot deny.

Mehran we hate it but we all know it its an icon now its been there since 1989 and no doubt m an audi driver now but i use to drive Mehran myself when it was by name of Alto ..

COrolla 2.0 though the 2C engine has been around since 1986 but why is it still being used......... its not that Corolla has run out of technology or does not produce any good engines.. Corolla's around the world come with some real mighty strong engines which are known to be the symbol of reliability .......

As someone said the 2.C engine is totaly being produced in pakistan i think thats something we should be happy about ..........WHy is there no 2C turbo Engine

Why do people think that by adding a turbo in diesel their Km Per liter will fall why is there this misconception

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dun write fake information.. my uncles and friends have 1.8 civics but they don't give a mileage of more than 10kms in a city.. whats with ur civic like how can it give 15kms average :s ..
    Read his post properly, he clearly said its highway mileage. And he is right, it gives 15km/l on highways easily.

if it got stuck in the middle of the road then u'll see how many mechanics will be able to start it cheers!!
    Why would it get stuck in the middle of the road? Hondas are known for reliability. Unless you're talking about a Civic traversing a mountain; yeah its not going to happen, the car was made for carpeted roads.

u'll see how many mechanics will be able to start it
    Whats wrong with that? A car is supposed to be serviced/fixed by people who know how to do it, our mechanics are clearly idiots.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List