6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Why do we hate Corolla 2.0 ?

This is something that we all face in Pakistan and that is a Hatered for its usually considered as a paindu car.
    but why do we hate it whats the main reason behind that
    is it the build quality
    is it the noisy cabin
    is the old 2C Engine

Most people who own civic they hate Toyota 2.0D

I myself am not a COrolla 2.0 D lover to me i have the following reasons

1 Over priced
    2 noisy Cabin
    3 uncomfortable seats
    4 cheap interior
    5 Cheap plastic dashboard
    6 Very slow and lacks respnose as compared to other Diesel engines around with world without a turbo

There has got to be something good about it that it has been the fastest selling car in pakistan and holds its market value
    but even then a lot of us hate it
    list in your reasons lets see what others have to say abt it

Audi is like a disease once it gets in your blood there is no going back

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sales figures says all, total no of civic and city sold from july 08 to feb 2010 r around 8500 approx and total corolla''s sold during the same period r around 29000 approx.

New corolla is a lot better then any other car of the same category dont believe me drive one with open mind.

People call new corolla 1.3 under powered, old corolla used to top 165 km/h and this new 1.3 can touch 180 km/h tried and tested few times.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default :)

On way back to naran from saif-ul-malook, we spot this 2.OD, just abt 1km before lake, i dont know how he manges to reach till there, as there were hell of rocks, sharp inclined turns and streams but still he reached, next was a glacier which was very tough for this 2 wheels drive, so he gave up, but still ..... he reached that far !

Its unbeliveable to see a "car" which is "toyota corolla" on this track .... Amazing, hats off to that 2.0D and its owner ....

Why do we hate Corolla 20 ? -55450 Why do we hate Corolla 20 ? -55451 Why do we hate Corolla 20 ? -55452
    !

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Amazed to see a corolla
    but I don't know why people dislikes diesel in any category of car
    most people says that diesel engine has following disadvantages
    1- High maintenance as compared to patrol
    2- If your diesel engine ceases or something like that, most of the engine parts have to be replaced & the parts are very expensive as compared to petrol engine.
    3- Increases vibration in your car & keeps increasing day by day if not maintained regularly.
    4- Pick up is dead on so called "Charhai"

But
    I think its far better than CNG, as CNG loadshedding is also started in most of the areas.
    Most of or 99% of the petrol cars are converted at CNG, biggest drawback is, u are carrying a bomb of 50-55kg all the time.
    Diesel car drive make you feel you are really driving a solid car.

What you people say?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stonedsaint View Post
    On way back to naran from saif-ul-malook, we spot this 2.OD, just abt 1km before lake, i dont know how he manges to reach till there, as there were hell of rocks, sharp inclined turns and streams but still he reached, next was a glacier which was very tough for this 2 wheels drive, so he gave up, but still ..... he reached that far !

Its unbeliveable to see a "car" which is "toyota corolla" on this track .... Amazing, hats off to that 2.0D and its owner ....

Why do we hate Corolla 2.0 ? - 55450 Why do we hate Corolla 2.0 ? - 55451 Why do we hate Corolla 2.0 ? - 55452
    no boundairies,as i alwways say ,she is a life partner

a unique quality which is that this car is a life line and BREAD WINNER for so many
    HONDAS are like GIRLFRIEND and, TOYOTA a life partner always with u even going is tough..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stonedsaint

Thanks a lot for posting these pictures. Now it would silence many guns.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Most wellcome autophile Bro
    The only issue i see is price of diesel, otherwise, 2.0D is better option for power, economy and gud luxury.

Regards
    !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no doubt the corolla is a workhorse, but it's overpriced and underspecced. same applies ot all local cars.

BUT another reason for hating the 2.0D is because the 2C is an archaic engine,... yes, at one time the whole world ran on the 2C,.. but those days are over and nowdays even microcars have turbodiesels with commonrail injection.

time to retire the 2C i think.

Quote Originally Posted by hashamraja View Post
    v filled up the tank and the driver was driving car at the speed of 160 km/h on motorway n reached isb in half tank.. now thats wot v call ECONOMICAL!
    ok, clearly you're just bragging on both cases. i hope you realize that if you had been going 120 (which is the speed limit on the motroway regardless of what supercar you are driving) you'd have gotten a better fuel consumption average. infact most landcrusers (4.7L petrol and 4.2L Diesel) can aslo get a similar average to your rented "toady" on the motorway....

obviously an underpowered 2000cc powerplant in a 5-speed car being driven on the motorway will be economical. do note that aerodynamics also play a huge role at those speeds,.. and usually on econoboxes there is a tradeoff between downforce and a low coefficiant drag. so in this case a corolla diesel may have the advantage as it cuts through the air like a sharpened katana,... but it'll have the high speed stability of an elephant on stilts.

please slow down on public roads.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

In Intensive Care Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

atleast well i hate the 2002-Onwar Corolla Except 1.8 VVTi every grade is crap in every department...
    When it was Indus it has Tremendous resale,and known as 2.D
    i had one 2.0d limited 2001 limited edition... boy i was amazed by its drive grip,braking etc...just love it..i also kept 1.6 GLI 2001 limited edition... i found it better than Every single model of Civic that came just before Reborn,Talking about Speeding and braking n Grip...it flies on stock condition without installing something after market part in it...better than civic, in auto transmission...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashamraja View Post
    hah!! well boy m observing u like from past 2/3 months .. I know u r a Honda lover but y do u always degrade COROLLA?

dun write fake information.. my uncles and friends have 1.8 civics but they don't give a mileage of more than 10kms in a city.. whats with ur civic like how can it give 15kms average :s ..

i dun know much about new 2.0d but previous 2.0d was simply AWESOME!! i drove a rental car n believe u me it was like a jinn.. i really enjoyed the drive and it was way too economical.. v filled up the tank and the driver was driving car at the speed of 160 km/h on motorway n reached isb in half tank.. now thats wot v call ECONOMICAL!

now coming to the point why to go for 2.0d??

well diesel prices r high nowadays so its better to go for petrol ones... well in short,

Corolla is an economical car, Realiable, Easy availablity of parts and cheap maintainance.. every mechanic knows how to deal with this car so no need to worry on long routes..

@ 309.. do take ur 1.8 honda to malakand side.. if it got stuck in the middle of the road then u'll see how many mechanics will be able to start it cheers!!
    too bad even after observing me for 3 months u ended up acting like a typical corolla fan boy who do not want to listen anything bad abt it now coming to the milleage part i think cylestyne has cleared that too so i wud suggest u start wearing glasses as i think u need them.

now the topic poster is looking for y we all hate 2.0d corolla so why the hell uwd i post all the gud qualities abt it? got it? first read carefully what the poster is looking for.

in the end i wud like to say that ur entitled to ur own views and i hae got the freedom to write mine so if u do not agree wid me then just prove me wrong instead of observing me for 3 months and then sitll end up writing things which i have nevers said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    Read his post properly, he clearly said its highway mileage. And he is right, it gives 15km/l on highways easily.

thnx for the correction

Why would it get stuck in the middle of the road? Hondas are known for reliability. Unless you're talking about a Civic traversing a mountain; yeah its not going to happen, the car was made for carpeted roads.

bang on bro.

Whats wrong with that? A car is supposed to be serviced/fixed by people who know how to do it, our mechanics are clearly idiots.
    leave it bro they are happy with that that corolla's engine can be opened by a 15 yr old road side mechanic, this is sumthing to be really proud of

@hashamraja,
    bhai the thing is i say what i feel is wrong with the car be it corolla,civic,city or be it any other car. there have time where i have accepted many negative things abt the new civic and city, i wud like to clear this that neither my father or i have a share in HONDA so it gives me no benefit by pointed out cons of a corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    sales figures says all, total no of civic and city sold from july 08 to feb 2010 r around 8500 approx and total corolla''s sold during the same period r around 29000 approx.

New corolla is a lot better then any other car of the same category dont believe me drive one with open mind.

People call new corolla 1.3 under powered, old corolla used to top 165 km/h and this new 1.3 can touch 180 km/h tried and tested few times.
    hahahahaah lol. bhai yeh sales figure kahan se agae beech main? aur woh bhi civic k saath compare hahah. bhai civic and corolla cater diff. class of ppl so plz do not compare them with each other. have u ever wondered y honda has not given a diesel variant of civic? thats bcozz honda produce cars for urban areas and not for malakand and kaghan and if u see that corolla which is poster by stone then u can also see tha tires are inflated with a very low pressure and thats bcoz a fully infalted tire won't grip such uneven surfaces. sirf gari ka kamal nai hai driver bhi akalmand hona chahiye and to clear all the doubts ppl have abt me i know that corollas are tough ars u can take to places like these can drive them back .

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    hahahahaah lol. bhai yeh sales figure kahan se agae beech main? aur woh bhi civic k saath compare hahah. bhai civic and corolla cater diff. class of ppl so plz do not compare them with each other. have u ever wondered y honda has not given a diesel variant of civic? thats bcozz honda produce cars for urban areas and not for malakand and kaghan and if u see that corolla which is poster by stone then u can also see tha tires are inflated with a very low pressure and thats bcoz a fully infalted tire won't grip such even surfaces. sirf gari ka kamal nai hai driver bhi akalmand hona chahiye and to clear all the doubts ppl have abt me i know that corollas are tough ars u can take to places like these can drive them back .
    Almost Stolen my words!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kamilali View Post
    Almost Stolen my words!
    lolz seriously man i cudn't stop myself

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually based on your logic it would seem that Honda Motorcycles are the best of the lot; lets take a look at the sales figure now shall we:
    PAMA - Pakistan Automotive Manufacturers Association

The sales figure from July 09 to February 2010 is: 305,930

Looks like it beat everything. It definitely *must* be the best class of vehicle (by your logic).
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    Actually based on your logic it would seem that Honda Motorcycles are the best of the lot; lets take a look at the sales figure now shall we:
    PAMA - Pakistan Automotive Manufacturers Association

The sales figure from July 09 to February 2010 is: 305,930

Looks like it beat everything. It definitely *must* be the best class of vehicle (by your logic).
    hahahaha lolz man i can't stop myseld from laughing out loud on the streets that sales figure wala comparison is hillarious.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar ab corolla k bachoon ki jaan lo *** kia??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^jan kaun le raha hai infact jan tou woh le rahey hain meri coz mai mar raha hun hans hans k

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why do we hate Corolla 20 ? -55826