I have a corolla gli with 6000 km mileage.My questions are related to the RPMs of the car.I have the following queries:-
1) At idol position rpms vary between 600 to 900 rpms.This behaviour is same with or without AC.I have heard that at idol RPMS should stay at 800.Is this behaviour normal?
2) While downshifting gears i-e from 3rd to second or second to first the rpms drop to 600, and occasionally to 400.Is this normal?
3) Should the rpms drop below 600 while having second gear at low speeds?
I have checked about my situation with toyota people at rawalpindi and they wernt able to give a satisfactory answer.In a nutshell they say it is pretty normal.
Dear brothers I have spent last 3 months in experimenting on this issue. I have a corolla gli 2011 driven 33000 kms only on petrol and no cng from scratch. This happened to me a few months back that the rpm of my car started behaving abnormally. When the car was idle, rpm fluctuates between 1000 to 400, with all accessories and a/c off. I have been nearly to all toyota dealerships and they did everything to rectify the fault but in vain. But a few days back I found a cure to this epidemic which had been eating my brain out. Trust me I know how it feels like to sit in a 1.5 mil car and get stupid jerks on idle, and dont even ask what circus car did when I turned on a/c or headlamps or hid or car stereo. I was nearly going to sell my beauty till I found the cure and now my car is like just out of showroom. Here is what I did :
1) Make sure ignition is off and key is out of switch
2) Disconnect negative terminal of battery and let it touch the plastic part of battery for 2 hours
3) Make sure not even a fly touches that negative terminal
4) Then reconnect the terminal in one go back to battery
5) Put the key in ignition switch and move it two times so engine check light comes but PLS dont start car
6) Keep holding it for 2 mins and then take out the key.
7) Now put the key back in and start car
8) Dont pedal on accelerator and let the car idle for 15 mins and then turn it off without pressing accelerator
9) Now say Allah-o-Akbar and start the car and drive it hard for 100 kms making sure that no matter whatever happens you shouldnt loose rpm below 1000
10) Do this without turning on any accessories like a/c or stereo or headlamps or any other thing u have that sucks current from battery
11) Now your car will be like brand new and the computer in your car will learn sports settings of rpm and it will never fall abnormally.
Before doing all this I did everything like throttle body cleaning, replacing plugs, replacing plug coils, changing battery to 65amp, changing oil, pouring hi-octane, and bla bla bla... But nothing worked and then one night miracle happened when I did all that I have mentioned above in points. I have one word for Toyota dealerships *f. Off*
wow, that worked for you.
anyway, all what i can say is if cleaning throttle body does not resolves the issue then you should look for
short circuiting. load on generator has a tendency to drop your RPM, people do all sorts of alterations on rolla
such as installation of after market power windows, central locking, after market security system. electrician
at times does not properly covers the cut wire which once touches the body causes the load on generator.