55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default best mileage and fuel cos of 2000cc diesel car

heloo guys im posting this to support the diesel car lovers and fans that i went to naran on my niisaan sunny 86 wiht 2000 cc diesel engine and the fuel cos was 2900 estimated it can be furthr lowered approximately ...i filled the tank frm rwp of 3000 then frm balakot of 500 more and i came back from muzzafarabad route via muree still then i had diesel spared which i used in rwp for 3 days ...... it was unbelievable consumption i just tuned the car as i usually do afta 1700 to 3500 kms and which also concludes using ac till kewai aftr that sitchd off the ac as weather was mild

STYLISH BOYZZZ STYLISH ATTITUDE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dani_kk View Post
    heloo guys im posting this to support the diesel car lovers and fans that i went to naran on my niisaan sunny 86 wiht 2000 cc diesel engine and the fuel cos was 2900 estimated it can be furthr lowered approximately ...i filled the tank frm rwp of 3000 then frm balakot of 500 more and i came back from muzzafarabad route via muree still then i had diesel spared which i used in rwp for 3 days ...... it was unbelievable consumption i just tuned the car as i usually do afta 1700 to 3500 kms and which also concludes using ac till kewai aftr that sitchd off the ac as weather was mild
    That is great! This may sound like a silly question but how does a diesel engine get tuned? I have a 2.0 D but have not had it tuned so far. Just get the oil + Diesel filters changed regularly. It has done 33k.
    life is but wheels!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by incognito59 View Post
    That is great! This may sound like a silly question but how does a diesel engine get tuned? I have a 2.0 D but have not had it tuned so far. Just get the oil + Diesel filters changed regularly. It has done 33k.
    Count me in too in this silly question cause I was also going to ask the same question after reading it. How you tune a diesel engine after every 1700 to 3500kms?

However, a friend of mine used to tell me the fuel average of his 2.0D SE 2006 comming around 19-20Km/litre without AC which I didn't believe cause i once had a diesel corolla 86 with 2C engine and it never went above 13km/Litre.

Recently, somehow unwillingly I bought a 2.0D Saloon 2006 and I was really astonished when I checked its average on a long route. It covered 245Kms in 13.75 Litre diesel (approx Rs 1000/-) with AC. It calculates to 17.81 Km/Litre. I am neither a light foot driver nor I did anything specific to conserve fuel.

Journey was from Mirpur A.K. to Abbottabad so it was partially G.T. Road then motorway and then some hilly area.

This fuel consumption is simply amazing for me. I used Civic 02 Exi on CNG which I sold a couple of months back and that car consumed approx Rs 1,000 CNG on one side with AC. Then I had a Suzuki Mehran which consumed approx Rs 900 petrol without AC on one side trip.

So I am very happy with that. I have a powerfull car with a lot of luggage space, no CNG cylinder and queues on CNG pumps with same fuel cost as of CNG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i myself went to naran on this weekend on my corolla 2.od 2000 model i took 3000 fuel from pindi i went to naran with ac on till mahandri and then back to pindi and when i reached in front of rahat bakery my cars reserve light came on. IT coasted me around 5.10 ruppee per liter which i think is a good mileage.ON plane roads it gives me around 16.5km per liter

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Diesel engine donot need tunnig just keep changing the oils at regular intervals and dont let ur tank empty and enjoy. my car is running at 98000 and its engine and mechenically as sound as a new one. diesel zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are actually 'tuning' diesel engine the way it should be, another addition to that is cleaning/renewing of air filters regularly and once a month cleaning of fuel return valve (Super easy 2 minutes DIY) which will improve your mileage significantly.

Cheers,
    Kaleem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KKNIAZI View Post
    You are actually 'tuning' diesel engine the way it should be, another addition to that is cleaning/renewing of air filters regularly and once a month cleaning of fuel return valve (Super easy 2 minutes DIY) which will improve your mileage significantly.

Cheers,
    Kaleem
    Can you please share the DIY fuel return valve cleaning process? Thanks.
    life is but wheels!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you please share the DIY fuel return valve cleaning process? Thanks.
    Its a bolt in front of the engine on 2C (in Punjab, mechanics call this with a funny name, cant recall now), open it and it has a orifice on bottom of it, just blow n check its open, if its not then use any sewing needle (thinnest available) or paper pin and open (dont poke too much, just use the tip of the pin) the blocked orifice and replace the bolt.

Thats it,

Cheers,
    Kaleem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

diesel tuning is more than just cleanups
    It contains valve clearance job, pump timing adjustment, pump internal pressure adjustment, timing belt slack check.. And yes I can assure you that a Nissan CD17 engine gives till 20 kms/lit easily while quietly ticking on the highway
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kkniazi

can you please give a pic of place of bolt orfice
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dani_kk View Post
    I went to Naran and filled up for 2000 Rupees in Rawalpindi. On the way back I put another 1000 rupees of fuel from Naran (because I thought just in case the fuel ends up I should have something with me).

But by the time I reached home I still had almost 700 rupees of Petrol left in the car. The trunk was jam packed and there were 4 people.

I really have this un answered question inside of me that I feel like asking someone who owns a diesel car.. Why do people by 2.0D cars in Pakistan?

They are 2000 CC (so sip more fuel).. Diesel costs more than petrol (per liter). Petrol's pick is also better and also the average (over all mileage). I mean the average advertised by Toyota for the new 2.0D is about 13.5 - 14 KPL (long distance) which I think is pretty low.

Whats the one thing that I don't know about Diesel cars which still keeps diesel fans buying cars like 2.0D?
    Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche_Maker View Post
    @kkniazi

can you please give a pic of place of bolt orfice
    If my memory is serving me right than thats what it is.

This is the closest I have reached to a 2C engine on the net.

best mileage and fuel cos of 2000cc diesel car -119101

open this bolt and you will find a orifice on it, just clean it and if you are in a habit of emptying up your fuel tank then check it atleast once a month.

Cheers,
    Kaleem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats cool.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Bilal

I used both Petrol and Diesel Cars actually the Total Calculation at the end of the Yr is almost same. 2.OD is good for fewer Tune ups as mostly Oil change and here you go and Psychologically people thinks its better in power and in rough and inclined places its better due to its Torque.
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I went to Naran and filled up for 2000 Rupees in Rawalpindi. On the way back I put another 1000 rupees of fuel from Naran (because I thought just in case the fuel ends up I should have something with me).

But by the time I reached home I still had almost 700 rupees of Petrol left in the car. The trunk was jam packed and there were 4 people.

I really have this un answered question inside of me that I feel like asking someone who owns a diesel car.. Why do people by 2.0D cars in Pakistan?

They are 2000 CC (so sip more fuel).. Diesel costs more than petrol (per liter). Petrol's pick is also better and also the average (over all mileage). I mean the average advertised by Toyota for the new 2.0D is about 13.5 - 14 KPL (long distance) which I think is pretty low.

Whats the one thing that I don't know about Diesel cars which still keeps diesel fans buying cars like 2.0D?

2000 CC is a powerfull car and believe me the average is always pretty nice as members are saying.and about ur question.few years back diesel price was almost half compared to petrol.the previous shaped corolla diesel was a great success but at present times diesel now cost more then petrol thats why u can see urself that u will have to see 2 cars 2.0d out of 50 in latest shape corolla.we bought 2.OD saloon in back 2004 for only long routes and till now it gives an average of 16/18km on long routes.believe me this car can surely go anywhere because of the power.and 1 more thing which i loved was the A.C.which has no impact at all on engine,, goes smooth everywhere if A.C is on.the only worst thing about these cars were the sound.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have driven PETROL and DIESEL SUVs and CARS. The difference most of the people unfortunately dont understand is that "Diesels are like WIEGHTLIFTERS and Petrol arelike ATHELITES"...Diesels, even turbo-diesels with common rail fuel injectors are slower than petrol counterparts.

However advantages of Diesel engines;

1. Better milage...Toyota Corolla 2.0D has given me 18 km/L. Whereas Toyota Corona 2.0L Petrol hardly gives 10km/L.

2. Better Torque...Remember "torque DOES NOT mean better pick !" but it means you can carry heavier loads on same engine and engine doesnt stall. Like you can load your Toyoa 2C engine with 5 pessangers and trunk full of luggage alongwith loaded roof carrier without considerable loss of power in 2-3 shift, where as Toyota 1.8 Altis wont perform well with these loads.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbilalqamar View Post
    I have driven PETROL and DIESEL SUVs and CARS. The difference most of the people unfortunately dont understand is that "Diesels are like WIEGHTLIFTERS and Petrol arelike ATHELITES"...Diesels, even turbo-diesels with common rail fuel injectors are slower than petrol counterparts.

However advantages of Diesel engines;

1. Better milage...Toyota Corolla 2.0D has given me 18 km/L. Whereas Toyota Corona 2.0L Petrol hardly gives 10km/L.

2. Better Torque...Remember "torque DOES NOT mean better pick !" but it means you can carry heavier loads on same engine and engine doesnt stall. Like you can load your Toyoa 2C engine with 5 pessangers and trunk full of luggage alongwith loaded roof carrier without considerable loss of power in 2-3 shift, where as Toyota 1.8 Altis wont perform well with these loads.
    Although the topic is about 6 month old but i agree with u. Personnally, I think that in villages, where streets are like crosscountry, only diesel engines perform well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mine does around 10kmpl
    Itx a 2003 KIA Sportage 2.0 Turbo
    Inappropritiate Language. Removed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good.............................
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL
    my diesel 2.od Saloon SR is giving me 18km/l ... tried n tested without any kind of tuning just regular oil + filter change at 4000 km
    A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions (At the time of need),(Behind your back),(After your death) Hazrat Ali (A.S)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List