Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CNG kit For GLI

Dear Wheelers

Please guide me best CNG kit for GLI and its cost. Also are their any additional acessories available with KIt please give details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a good thing u are asking before going straight to installers
    new GLI/XLI with a 55kg tank does 100-110 max in local. i have checked with many people.
    it will hardly give u one rupee less per km on cng.
    my sincere suggestion is to drive it on petrol unless they comes up with a solution to improve its cng consumption
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way how much consumed it on petrol. bcz I usually travel daily 46 Km on highway and at present xli make 140 KM with 55 kgs cylinder i.e 3.20 / KM .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Within city new corolla's CNG is almost same as petrol, If u r highway runner then it can make a difference otherwise u wont get return ur CNG kit value soon also u will loose warranty and repetidly suspension work will cost u more than petrol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it will cost u 35k to 40k
    !!!!!!!!One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love!!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On highways, GLi/XLi can easily give 15 km/l if driven within limits. If you drive at not more than 100 km/hr then it can give you approx. 16 km/l also.

Some members also mentioned that CNG starts creating problem after 50K kilometers. Please search for this information on pakwheels before making any final decision.

Thanks,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I truly feel sorry for the guys suggesting u to drive on petrol. In city, it is next to impossible that your car (with AC) would give u anything more than 11km per litre. This comes to abt Rs.6.50/km. Whereas, a 55kg cylinder costing around Rs.400 to fill would give u an average of around 120km. This comes to Rs.3.33/km. Now u can do the maths. And if u wanna 'occasionally' have fun on petol, it would be only '1 button away'.

These mummy daddy pappus have no clue as how tough it is to earn and, here, in the land of Pak, it is tantamonut to 'jihad' if u strive to earn 'rizq-e-hilal'.

CNG is our own indegenous fuel and doesn't require foreign exchange to import. CNG is 90% more environmentally friendly and, increases your engine life since its combusts at around 650 C unlike petrol which combusts at 850+C. However, everyday drive it for a km or two specially when u start it in the morning and while returning home.

Have fun.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MR Saifullah u r not the only having a Hilal income here

its only about using common sense and brain before buying a 1.5 million rupee car
    sadly the only thing which comes in our mind is resale when buying the local crap

my comment is based on XLI/GLI owners with CNG who are not happy at all with the consumption and took there cars 10 times for checking y they cant achieve better average.

Petrol par chalanay ki aukaat nahi(i am a cng user as well!) , should have bought a manual transmission Honda City.

Peace
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Saifullah View Post
    I truly feel sorry for the guys suggesting u to drive on petrol. In city, it is next to impossible that your car (with AC) would give u anything more than 11km per litre. This comes to abt Rs.6.50/km. Whereas, a 55kg cylinder costing around Rs.400 to fill would give u an average of around 120km. This comes to Rs.3.33/km. Now u can do the maths. And if u wanna 'occasionally' have fun on petol, it would be only '1 button away'.

These mummy daddy pappus have no clue as how tough it is to earn and, here, in the land of Pak, it is tantamonut to 'jihad' if u strive to earn 'rizq-e-hilal'.

CNG is our own indegenous fuel and doesn't require foreign exchange to import. CNG is 90% more environmentally friendly and, increases your engine life since its combusts at around 650 C unlike petrol which combusts at 850+C. However, everyday drive it for a km or two specially when u start it in the morning and while returning home.

Have fun.
    Without being impolite, i must say that the statement you just made above is HIGHLY WRONG!! Everyone of us dont have a single rupee extra to waste!! Keep your car on cng, use it as a daily runner and do share with us your experience!! Your frequent trips to tunning centres / dealerships for adjustments, maintainence cost etc will be equal to the amount you would have spent keeping it on petrol!

There is a search engine, called Google, which we "Mummy Daddy Pappus" use before investing our parents hard earned money on cars. You know what, this search engine is such a great thing that it will really help you to decide whether to spend 0.9 million rupees on a locally available 1000CC CNG car as a daily runner or to spend 1.6 millions on a Toyota and rape it!! Moreover, you will be surprised to know that this search engine actually helps you to decide whether to convert your car on CNG or to use it on petrol? My GOD! that is really surprising!! Rite??

About the combustion thingy, i must appreciate that you got the knowledge!! But sorry, little knowledge of everything is BAD!! Do you know that the intake manifold (air intake) of new Xli/ GLi (vvti) is made of Silver netting? and this silver netting becomes dry after use on CNG! Ultimately this netting will break and its partcles will go inside the engine (if not taken care of at fisrt stage), destroying whole of your engine! even if you leave the engine expense, please contact your dealership to just know the price of new Intake. It will really help you to decide whether to use your natural fuel or to go for the premium one!!

Pakwheels is a great place!! But somehow these type of comments really cheez off the old users! Specially the comments like above!! Im not a frequent poster but this Sir made me write all this!!

No offence meant!!
    Its the devotion to work, not the resources which makes a nation to stabilize.The need of the hour is to assure people a decent standard of living, education, employment and social and economic security so that they feel stable and contented !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khizarsiddiqui View Post
    Without being impolite, i must say that the statement you just made above is HIGHLY WRONG!! Everyone of us dont have a single rupee extra to waste!! Keep your car on cng, use it as a daily runner and do share with us your experience!! Your frequent trips to tunning centres / dealerships for adjustments, maintainence cost etc will be equal to the amount you would have spent keeping it on petrol!

There is a search engine, called Google, which we "Mummy Daddy Pappus" use before investing our parents hard earned money on cars. You know what, this search engine is such a great thing that it will really help you to decide whether to spend 0.9 million rupees on a locally available 1000CC CNG car as a daily runner or to spend 1.6 millions on a Toyota and rape it!! Moreover, you will be surprised to know that this search engine actually helps you to decide whether to convert your car on CNG or to use it on petrol? My GOD! that is really surprising!! Rite??

About the combustion thingy, i must appreciate that you got the knowledge!! But sorry, little knowledge of everything is BAD!! Do you know that the intake manifold (air intake) of new Xli/ GLi (vvti) is made of Silver netting? and this silver netting becomes dry after use on CNG! Ultimately this netting will break and its partcles will go inside the engine (if not taken care of at fisrt stage), destroying whole of your engine! even if you leave the engine expense, please contact your dealership to just know the price of new Intake. It will really help you to decide whether to use your natural fuel or to go for the premium one!!

Pakwheels is a great place!! But somehow these type of comments really cheez off the old users! Specially the comments like above!! Im not a frequent poster but this Sir made me write all this!!

No offence meant!!
    Agreed. Most people only look at the short run benefit and ignore the expenses they would be spending in the long run. you can save some money using CNG instead of petrol but then you will be paying same or more amount on frequent tuning, filter replacements and will also be wasting some time waiting in queues for CNG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmm My experiance with CNG is as good as Petrol. No regular tune ups no frequent visits to mechanic and my car does with a/c 100 KM in 300 Rs CNG and its a 1300cc car.

So as far as this myth goes that with cng your car needs more visits to mechanic is wrong. Its been 24000KM since i bought my current car and only twice i got it tuned that also when i insisted to tune it though it was running fine.

I know few friends who are using CNG in new corolla's for a long time and i never heard them saying anything gone bad i mean one of the friend got CNG car for around 2 years now and running like it was 2 years ago.

We had a rented Liana CNG in office which ended up around 50 thousand km in one year that never ever went to mechanic only oil change.

It all come downs to if you can afford petrol there is nothing like it but if some one cant than CNG is a perfect fuel and no effect on anything what so over.

XLI can easily do 160 to 170 KM local and who ever is getting 100KM needs to get his car checked. I have seen my mechanic converted 1.6 old Shape gli and 2 new XLI all doing above 160 local. XLI Is famous for its CNG Consumption as far as i know.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ignoring any long comments:All i know for a fact is:

New shape corolla
    1. Has problems on cng due to electronic throttle, its head gets opened and tappets need adjustment max 50k kms.
    2.like the old shape the intake gets broken, it costs 20k for this model, pichli ka 6.5k ka tha.
    3.this one is heavier and underpowered due to the same horses dragging a heavier body, cng rather ruins it even more.

Most of my acquaintances have advised not to put gas in this particular model.

now comes the saving point actually these days a 55kg cylinder gets filled for 550 here in islamabad at full pressure there isnt any discount n here unlike lahore..it travels 140-150km in this depending on how u drive.definitely saves on cng if one drives 50km per day
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear i have a CNG for sale. Its a landiranzo with emulator and advancer......its only 6 months used and just like new......if you are interested call me on 03218466662 and pay me 25k only full and final...
    " Gravity is not responsible for people falling in Love "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think we start a new forum for CNG users they give their suggestions n share the problems n many more
    specially for new corolla n vitz users
    If I Can Change,And You Can Change,EveryBody Can Change....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

their are some users on Pakwheels Who doesnt have any respect in their homes. nobody listens to them in their homes.. and they log on to PakWheels and try to take out their fury on other PakWheel Members....
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear friends i use previous corolla for 4 years on CNG and i have sold it at 90000Km done. during this time not a single ruppee extra work is cost my CNG.. just regular oil change and one change its spark plugs at 49000 kms.

Last week i have installed CNG in my 2010 Gli after checking with lots of people... All the problems told to me by the people who personally dont have new GLI corolla and they quote it as they heard... i also have meet many people who is using CNG on 2010 and they were quite happy with performance... unfortunatlly just saw one corolla( rent a car) which has done 80000 km on CNG and still going good.

Yes as far as tappets are concern yes they will hardend up after 50 to 60 thousand KMs as told by Toyota, but they have ssaid if you continue using petrol everyday for some 3 4 km then you can delay this work after 1lac kms. so till that time lot of money will be saved from fuel inshahAllah.

I have installed my CNG kit from toyota and it cost me 45k with original emulator and advancer ( Toyota LR and STAP 300) if you go in local market their you get it around 33k to 37k but they used Emulator and advancers of other companies.. i recomend go for orignal one.

I'm feeling difficult to afford my car on petrol so i have installed CNG...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List