69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Only if Corolla in Pakistan were this cool

Hey friends! I am in Hong Kong now a days for my Masters and had a chance to own a Toyota Corolla. Well, I was surprised to see the difference between the standard Corolla over here and the Corolla we have in Pakistan. The price tag for Altis is unbelievable and yet the quality is not up to the mark.
    I am sharing some pictures which will do the talking itself... :-)

Btw, this is just the standard GLi model... :-D

Just by looking at it, it looked more balanced to me than the local made Corolla...

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165127

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165128

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165129

Jet sprays for the headlights... I think it is more needed in Pakistan than in HK.

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165130

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165131

The panel is way much better... Looks more like a 2010 model car...

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165135

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165136

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165137

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165138

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165139

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165140

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165141

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165144

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165147

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165149

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165150

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165151

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165152

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165153

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165154

It has got 6 air bags. Two in the front pillars, one for front passenger one for driver, two rear pillar airbags for the passengers at the back. I dont know but there could be more... I have figured out 6... :-P

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165155

Only if Corolla in Pakistan was this cool! -165156

The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saad Bhai, your comments mean a lot to me ... Dil ko garden garden kar diya .. Only an "uncle" would say that

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by istafa111 View Post
    Thanks Sir. Par laadli laadi hi hai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saad Bhai's weather comments must be more authentic than mine. I was there for 24 hours, and did not like the weather. It was very very humid .. perhaps okay for people from Karachi, but for an Islamabad resident, it was too much.

And .. yes, HK gets lots of typhoons too ..

Janaab! Bas yaar... Ilm hasil karo chahay tumhain cheen hi jana paray. Bas mainland cheen to nahi, par aas pass hi aa gaya. Thanks for the compliments bro! and weather is fine these days. It's moderate. But it can go very unpredictable. One day you have to wear a shorts and you never know the same night you would be wearing a jacket and still feel cold. The worst weather is after June-July till like November. Too humid!

And brother, I am doing Masters in Telecommunication from HKUST.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I feel that some injustice is being meted out to Bro Saad ... He lives in HK and he shared the specs and photos of what he owns. He is a Pakistani and would be coming back home soon, where probably he will be driving an Indus Corolla .. (just my guess)

Price issue has been discussed here ... some days back, I checked the prices on Toyota Thailand website. Their top-of-the-line variant was 3.0 million plus in our currency. When companies market something, they first do the market analysis. Toyota Indus decided to market 4 variants (I am talking about 2010) ... 1.3 XLi, 1.3 GLi, 1.8 Altis and 2.0D ... (additionally the AT and SunRoof variations are there) ..

If really Toyota Japan was the owner of Toyota Indus, they would have certainly done better. Toyota is the symbol of quality in management terms. However, Toyota Indus has Greed as its emblem. You would not find a missing Cabin Filter in a JDM car ...

First of all, I don't understand why is everyone being so defensive here. I just shared the pictures of a car that for the first time I have owned and I liked it. I don't own the Toyota factory here and you guys don't own the Toyota factory in Pakistan, so stop defending for no reason. If you guys like and appreciate the quality then well and good; I am glad you liked it. If you don't then fine! I am not forcing you for anything. If you think the Xli/Gli/Altis/2.OD etc etc that you get in Pakistan is the best, go with it bhai! Mujhay kya?

Now coming to the queries.

1.) There are lots of features and I don't want to put everything here for no good reason. But yes, it has got cruise control, 8 airbags, traction control, vehicle stability control, ABS, EBD etc.
    2.) I am not running a showroom but yes I can quote if you are really interested to buy it from THE country I am in... P.s. The price is still less than Xli.
    3.) I am no one to compare the economies of these two countries. For God's sake! Na mera koe role hai is mulq ki economy barhanay mai, na mera koe role hai Pakistan ki economy barbaad karnay mai. But that would be lame if you think that the prices on which Totota, Suzuki even Honda are selling their products is because of economy and is therefore justified. To phi meray khyaal mai humain itna ronay ki zaroorat bhi nahi hai jab hum saray paanch laakh mai ja k eak recycled car letay hain...

And dude, I am not an alien! I am a Pakistani. I go back to my country and drive the same cars on the same roads. I'll most probably not even see these cars ever again after a couple of month. The point was to share it. But i suppose some people are just too much defensive for no reason.

hanzala
    I am glad you liked it.

mohtashimiqbal
    Sir I am not responsible for the duties over there and I never checked them here so can't say. Just to give you an estimate, if I do simple conversion; you can get this car over here in under 1.2 Million PKR. If you go for a used one, you can even get it under 0.8 Million or a 2006-7 model for under 0.5 Million PKR!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

awesome corolla...specially its dash...amazing features ...corolla rocks
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    2)What is the price of this GLI in whatever country you are in?
    3)Also compare the economy of the country you are in with pakistan.
    1. After searching the internet for some time, i got a price list from "crown motors HK". Their corolla 1500cc starting price when converted to PKR is roughly 20lacs. I dont know why istafa111 isnt telling that....

2. Their economy is bigger than pakistan. roughly $200B+ if u consider the total product. All of that squeezed into a very tiny little package...But comparing manufacturing capabilities (in terms of quantity ) , pakistan is ahead of them. HK economy (source=CIA) is more than 90% services and only 10% or so manufacturing..
    their leading product is services.

So if u look at the price of corolla in pak and HK. Both are reasonable in their own place. Putting all these extra equipment in the local corolla would raise the price upto the same level as HK one.....Given that, Toyota indus is running quite inefficiently and not making as much profits as they could have...I think they are barely able to make any real considerable profit ( keeping in mind that they have to convert all the PKR back to foreign curreny and the rates are quite inprofitable for them ).....

In short, the sole cause of high car prices, considering that the materials are cheaply availble here, yet a finished car costs so much is simply because all the companies are foreign owned....And perhaps also because many of them are public companies. High interest rates force them to make a higher profit margin to maintain dividends. And that shud explain the higher prices of cars in pakistan ( considering our purchasing power )....

thank u

EDIT= source for price list: http://www.crown-motors.com/tch/pric...May25_2011.pdf

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just converted the prices of the three 1.5 liter models given on that page from HK dollars to PakRupees

HK$ 178920 = Rs. 1.960 million (approx)
    HK$ 1195440 = Rs. 2.141 million (approx)
    HK $ 212240 = Rs. 2.325 million (approx)

Brother Istafa has not emphasized upon the price. His main emphasis has been on what the customer gets.

Comparison of HK economy with ours ... During my training in Development Economics, one of my teachers Professor Hara pointed out that we will be making comparisons between economies on the basis of digits which would be so not justified. These words came from the most prominent economist of Japan.

According to him, it is not possible to include all the variables in digit form, therefore, the comparisons would always remain inaccurate. For example, the standard of living cannot be compared. People in Japan are one of the richest in the world, yet, almost all of them live in what we can term as "pigeon holes".

Quote Originally Posted by BackToCivicFaiez View Post
    1. After searching the internet for some time, i got a price list from "crown motors HK". Their corolla 1500cc starting price when converted to PKR is roughly 20lacs. I dont know why istafa111 isnt telling that....

2. Their economy is bigger than pakistan. roughly $200B+ if u consider the total product. All of that squeezed into a very tiny little package...But comparing manufacturing capabilities (in terms of quantity ) , pakistan is ahead of them. HK economy (source=CIA) is more than 90% services and only 10% or so manufacturing..

So if u look at the price of corolla in pak and HK. Both are reasonable in their own place. Putting all these extra equipment in the local corolla would raise the price upto the same level as HK one.....Given that, Toyota indus is running quite inefficiently and not making as much profits as they could have...I think they are barely able to make any real considerable profit ( keeping in mind that they have to convert all the PKR back to foreign curreny and the rates are quite inprofitable for them ).....

In short, the sole cause of high car prices, considering that the materials are cheaply availble here, yet a finished car costs so much is simply because all the companies are foreign owned....And perhaps also because many of them are public companies. High interest rates force them to make a higher profit margin to maintain dividends. And that shud explain the higher prices of cars in pakistan ( considering our purchasing power )....

thank u

EDIT= source for price list: http://www.crown-motors.com/tch/pric...May25_2011.pdf

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw very nice ride istafa and for the the guys commenting brothers plz shunt off some attitude of urs like "in wateva country ur in" what is this??? grow up please!!!! and plz read the whole thread before asking for the same thing again and again which has been answered before!!!!!!!!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by askhokhar View Post

Comparison of HK economy with ours ... During my training in Development Economics, one of my teachers Professor Hara pointed out that we will be making comparisons between economies on the basis of digits which would be so not justified. These words came from the most prominent economist of Japan.

According to him, it is not possible to include all the variables in digit form, therefore, the comparisons would always remain inaccurate. For example, the standard of living cannot be compared. People in Japan are one of the richest in the world, yet, almost all of them live in what we can term as "pigeon holes".

Yes ur absolutely rite....figures dont explain feelings....

but we arent really comparing living standards with those figures...I was comparing the capacity of producing goods and services. HK excels in services while PK produces more manufactured goods.

For living standards, there are other indices, like Human Development Index, which takes into account facilities available and affordable for the people....but even that is obviously not the full story...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed Sir ..

The economic indicators of developed countries show an increasing share of Services sector over manufacturing and others.

Traditionally, HK has remained a city state and perhaps can be compared to Singapore up to some extent. Availability of land is a big variable in economic development, and when the land is not available, then the economy changes its course.

HK has so much shortage of land. Before the current Chek Lap Kok airport was built, the previous Kai Tak airport had its runway on reclaimed land in the HK bay. Passengers could see housewives washing utensils in their kitchens. If you go around in HK, it has perhaps the highest population density in the world .. As a result, when you cannot expand horizontally, then you have no way to expand except vertically. You can see very tall pencil shaped building all over HK ...

Coming back to economy, all economies took start as agrarian economies followed by industrialization. HK progressed by leaps and bounds in the industrial sector as they did not have land for agriculture. With good planning by the government, HK made its mark among the Asian Tigers .. and, following the pattern of developed economies, now more and more emphasis is on development of the Services Sector.

but we arent really comparing living standards with those figures...I was comparing the capacity of producing goods and services. HK excels in services while PK produces more manufactured goods.

For living standards, there are other indices, like Human Development Index, which takes into account facilities available and affordable for the people....but even that is obviously not the full story...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think it is fairly understandable, as to why Saad Bhai did not reply to questions related to economy. First and the foremost, he is there for a degree in Telecommunication, and economics is not his subject.

Secondly, the predominant language in HK is Cantonese, and most of the information available is in that language. He has been there for a long time, but as I feel as a friend, one of his biggest handicaps is the language barrier.

Mandarin and Cantonese are both very difficult languages for a foreigner to learn.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay! So the thread is alive again...

Sattar bhai, even I am a satisfied toyota owner so far...

Mani Bhai ... I am glad to meet a satisfied Toyota Indus customer. It is a rather new experience for me. When I bought my car last year, I did not bother about the amount. And I am sure there are other customers who would want extra features in their cars right at the sale point.

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are most welcome Sattar Bhai...

Saad Bhai, your comments mean a lot to me ... Dil ko garden garden kar diya .. Only an "uncle" would say that

Thank you

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bad humid weather has just started.... I haven't seen any typhoon unfortunately as this year, there wasn't any...

Saad Bhai's weather comments must be more authentic than mine. I was there for 24 hours, and did not like the weather. It was very very humid .. perhaps okay for people from Karachi, but for an Islamabad resident, it was too much.

And .. yes, HK gets lots of typhoons too ..

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There was a little garmi sardi inthis thread but then everything was sorted out with brother mani1. I respect him and his knowledge about cars. He has been a Corolla owner for long, longer than me, so I thoroughly believe that he knows better than me...

I feel that some injustice is being meted out to Bro Saad ... He lives in HK and he shared the specs and photos of what he owns. He is a Pakistani and would be coming back home soon, where probably he will be driving an Indus Corolla .. (just my guess)

Price issue has been discussed here ... some days back, I checked the prices on Toyota Thailand website. Their top-of-the-line variant was 3.0 million plus in our currency. When companies market something, they first do the market analysis. Toyota Indus decided to market 4 variants (I am talking about 2010) ... 1.3 XLi, 1.3 GLi, 1.8 Altis and 2.0D ... (additionally the AT and SunRoof variations are there) ..

If really Toyota Japan was the owner of Toyota Indus, they would have certainly done better. Toyota is the symbol of quality in management terms. However, Toyota Indus has Greed as its emblem. You would not find a missing Cabin Filter in a JDM car ...

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by guganali007 View Post
    awesome corolla...specially its dash...amazing features ...corolla rocks

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because I don't want to mislead people with wrong figures. When they asked me its worth, they asked it w.r.t. importing it to Pakistan. I said, for the price of one Pakistani Corolla, you can get two. Now, I don't know if anyone wants to import a brand new one... You can well judge the price of Corolla when you can get a used Porsche for around 300K - 400K HKD, that makes 3Million to 4Million PKR. And quite frankly, it is you from whom I got to know the price of Corolla here...

thank u

You might be right, but I am not going to compare Hong Kong's economy with Pakistan's. When you say they have 10% manufacturing only, why do you forget the three initials that come with Hong Kong SAR (Special Administrative Region). It is the special administrative region of China... They manufacture everything themselves. China is a very clever state. They have made HK part of global organisations and have kept them away so that those organisations can't interfere with them. HK is a part of everything. Now, when they have to trade, they trade it from HK. HK is not what it looks.

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haha... Pigeon Holes... Very true...
    I am not sure, but I have heard HK has the largest ratio of Rolls Royce owners. Last time I knew, only very rich people could buy it.

I just converted the prices of the three 1.5 liter models given on that page from HK dollars to PakRupees

HK$ 178920 = Rs. 1.960 million (approx)
    HK$ 1195440 = Rs. 2.141 million (approx)
    HK $ 212240 = Rs. 2.325 million (approx)

Brother Istafa has not emphasized upon the price. His main emphasis has been on what the customer gets.

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you brother. It's fine if they are criticizing on anything and asking questions. I'll try to answer them. When one makes a thread at PW, one has to expect critics.

Quote Originally Posted by umarpal7 View Post
    btw very nice ride istafa and for the the guys commenting brothers plz shunt off some attitude of urs like "in wateva country ur in" what is this??? grow up please!!!! and plz read the whole thread before asking for the same thing again and again which has been answered before!!!!!!!!

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just mentioned you the trick China is playing. Manufacturing it cheaper over there. Land and labor is very expensive in HK. So, manufacturers of HK have factories in China. Why would one pay 3 times the price of land and deploy a factory when they can have one in China that is 45 minutes drive away. In my spottings thread, I have posted pictures of some vehicles that have two number plates. One for HK, one for China. These car belong to such people who travel to China everyday for the same reason.

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Totally agreed!

Agreed Sir ..

The economic indicators of developed countries show an increasing share of Services sector over manufacturing and others.

Traditionally, HK has remained a city state and perhaps can be compared to Singapore up to some extent. Availability of land is a big variable in economic development, and when the land is not available, then the economy changes its course.

HK has so much shortage of land. Before the current Chek Lap Kok airport was built, the previous Kai Tak airport had its runway on reclaimed land in the HK bay. Passengers could see housewives washing utensils in their kitchens. If you go around in HK, it has perhaps the highest population density in the world .. As a result, when you cannot expand horizontally, then you have no way to expand except vertically. You can see very tall pencil shaped building all over HK ...

Coming back to economy, all economies took start as agrarian economies followed by industrialization. HK progressed by leaps and bounds in the industrial sector as they did not have land for agriculture. With good planning by the government, HK made its mark among the Asian Tigers .. and, following the pattern of developed economies, now more and more emphasis is on development of the Services Sector.

www.alishbatours.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

User Tag List