1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ironic from indus motors

though im not a toyota fan but ALTIS cruisetronic version changed my ideas a bit , its a very nice machine with acceptable gadgets . Unfortunately now they are introducing XLI in metallic colors ! , my sole question is why ? a guy spending 2 million on Altis stands equal on the road with XLI or GLI , no offence but you spend money like that for not only luxury and safety but also for DISTINCTION , here i dont find any , i was seriously thinking about buying a cruisetronic but after this news of xli available in the same colors as of Altis i think the distinction point has become null.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm, the 1.8 litre engine with the added power, the power windows, the slightly better sound system, the slightly better interior, the side skirt, the rubber side protection thingy, the sun roof, the automatic transmission, the airbags and the abs brakes means nothing at all; what we want is a paint job that the xli doesn't have. We want to show the world that I bought a corolla for 2 million instead of 1.5

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think the having the +- on the gear lever is the single best reason to go for it
    its way cooler then having some XLi in metallic color
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

retarded buddy whats your point ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    though im not a toyota fan but ALTIS cruisetronic version changed my ideas a bit , its a very nice machine with acceptable gadgets . Unfortunately now they are introducing XLI in metallic colors ! , my sole question is why ? a guy spending 2 million on Altis stands equal on the road with XLI or GLI , no offence but you spend money like that for not only luxury and safety but also for DISTINCTION , here i dont find any , i was seriously thinking about buying a cruisetronic but after this news of xli available in the same colors as of Altis i think the distinction point has become null.
    lol man its a fricken COLOR! most people buy white altis and white xli wheres the distinction? roflmao roflcopter
    -

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RetardedBuddy View Post
    Hmm, the 1.8 litre engine with the added power, the power windows, the slightly better sound system, the slightly better interior, the side skirt, the rubber side protection thingy, the sun roof, the automatic transmission, the airbags and the abs brakes means nothing at all; what we want is a paint job that the xli doesn't have. We want to show the world that I bought a corolla for 2 million instead of 1.5
    +1 !!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

retarded buddy whats your point ?
    My point is that its pathetic... You get all those features and you are fussing over paint..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not just the paint , the shape factor also comes in , any ways i do believe this is another indus tact of ripping off naives like you !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can understand what the op wants to say. People do not spend a lot of money just for the 'features'. Shape/look of a car is very important too. Otherwise people wouldn't be spending crazy bucket loads of money for the Porches, Ferarris etc of this world when all they want are the 'features'.

We fail to recognize our own buying habits, but shape is one of the foremost things due to which we choose to spend our money for a car. If that wouldn't have to be the case then we would be satisfied on buying a factory fitted 1.6L auto transmission CNG fitted power windows, ABS packed Liana rather than buying a higher priced XLI. Even if Liana comes out with that many features plus Sunroof, airbags, LED screen with back Camera and what not, chances are that sales of that Liana will still be lower than a basic XLI, as the shape of new XLI rocks.

And the proof is visible already in the difference in demand of an XLI/GLI with that of Altis. Despite all the extra features Altis offers, its sales is far less than that of XLI, GLI and Civic. The fact that Altis has same shape as XLI has already cannibalized its sales. And the demand of Altis is more likely to be affected further if the color distinction is also lost.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

think the other way round:i have only 14 lacks and i like to buy altis, as i cant afford altis i can go for xli/gli to fulfill my wish! dont you think its good if one can buy same shape in less price?? You are getting much better features when compared to a base model! just leave altis 1.8 ,corolla xrs 2.4 is also available in the same shape!if you want different shape then go for 2.4 camry instead of xrs! same is for altis,if you dont like it then go for premio 1.8!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

khurem dear , you have got my point and sumed up thing well , the problem with us is we keep getting ripped off and the thing is we know about that too !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the base model xe in 1993-2002 corolla aka indus corolla came with black bumpers & no rear garnish.. that was true 'distinction'.. today there is seriously no difference for a layman
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@octane

Trust me if someone wants distinction or to get noticed he will not buy a corolla. And I don't know what made you think people buy expensive cars for distinction because almost everyone I know who owns an expensive car (and by expensive I don't mean corolla and civics ) their sole priorty is to remain discreet and not become prominent. Some of them even sold their Lexus and Mercs and reverted back to corollas and civics.

And yes I own a Altis cruisetronic but I didn't bought it to show off. I bought it for myself and my pleasure and I dont give a rats a** about what anyone on the road thinks or that a XLI owner can 'compete' (whatever that means) with me or has the same shape.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    @octane

Trust me if someone wants distinction or to get noticed he will not buy a corolla. And I don't know what made you think people buy expensive cars for distinction because almost everyone I know who owns an expensive car (and by expensive I don't mean corolla and civics ) their sole priorty is to remain discreet and not become prominent. Some of them even sold their Lexus and Mercs and reverted back to corollas and civics.

And yes I own a Altis cruisetronic but I didn't bought it to show off. I bought it for myself and my pleasure and I dont give a rats a** about what anyone on the road thinks or that a XLI owner can 'compete' (whatever that means) with me or has the same shape.
    i agree, I still think the shape thing is a bit dumb as posted by the OP because if you have a porsche cayman, boxster, 911 a normal person will think its almost the same shape and hence the same car... same for porsche cayenne same shape different engines and then you can use this same argument for almost every car brand imaginable like a C300 vs C63 amg..and on and on
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not just the paint , the shape factor also comes in , any ways i do believe this is another indus tact of ripping off naives like you !
    Its known as market segmentation duh!!!, and i guess that the charm of it the a 1.4milion car owner and the a 1.9 milion car owner stand on the same plat form.

Honda Civic Vti faced low sales in the previus model they omited the Exi Variant, the 1.3 Xli is facing low sales rumors are there that Toyotas planing a Dual VVti 1.6L in the GLi nd may obselete the 1.3L category.

PS: regardless of anything, if all way round u wanted to say that Atlas Honda is better and Indus Toyota isnt,

then lets say, why does Honda offer auto tranny in City, when its suppose to be a luxury option and should be given in the Civic only

And Only in the Vti Oriel variant, why is that a guy buys the cheaper variant Vti and yet he can have an optional Auto tranny, and the same body/seats/engines/a-z same car, besides sunroof/foglamps/height adjuster/indash audio/retractable mirrors and the list goes on

Paksuzuki for instance had 3 variants in the Liana Rxi/Lxi/Axi (eminent)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry but this seems desire of a sick minded shower...who has just become rich & wants to show how poors other people are!!!! :p hahaha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The question is what is the concept to clear in this thread,if we are worried that indus is ripping that for sure they are even by selling Coure at the price tag of 700k+ but they are not the only one here,by spending 2M on a Cruisetronic i don't even get 50% of what i am entitled,The main problem of mostly people here is we spend not to make our life comfortable we want to make everyone around us uncomfortable because we think every one looking at my 2M worth car will feel jealous(SADLY) so we spend not for our own but for others and if this is the concept then its totally waste.For a common man he is not even able to differentiate even in City or Civic,Liana or Sunny, XLi or Altis for him every corolla is 2deeeeeee.I know a person who sold his Range Rover Super Charged when he place an order at a restaurant(take away) mentioned the floor in charge to send the stuff to him in in RR and the in charge conveyed to waiter "Oye jaldi say ye sahib ki PEEJJAAARO mey chorr aaao".
    Ye Sab Tumhara Karam Hai AAAQAAA K Baat Ab Tak Bani Hui Hai.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas,Average Minds Discuss Events,Small Minds Discuss People.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ lol PEEEJARO mei chor ao
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    My Brain is a Lawyer but My Heart goes for Cars!
    Hug your loved ones at home, but belt them in the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AmmarFaiz View Post
    lol man its a fricken COLOR! most people buy white altis and white xli wheres the distinction? roflmao roflcopter
    +1
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List