Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: [dms664] Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010

    AOA Pals

    Hope you all are doing well.
    Guys need ur kind help regarding a strange problem in my gli 2010

    The other day I went to market and after shopping when I tried to start the car it got started but with an air blow sound as if some gas/air leakage from hood it went off.
    I thot it might b cng prob n disconnected the main line of cng from cylinder and converted to ptrl and tried but again the same problem.
    The engine managed to start but with hiccups and sort of swishhhhh sound it got stalled agian. I got worried , then I found out that a pipe was not at its place in the hood, I connected it back and the car was all fine(both on cng n ptrl) like nothing happend.

    Now again today same prob happend, with a blow swishhhhhhhh sound the car went off while I was on road with about 60km/h , I turned on the hazards and parked at the side and again the pipe was not at its place.

    Now guys plz tell me whats this pipe for? and what its function? Personally I think the clip which clamp the pipe to engine is bit loose.
    Should I visit toyota dealor or get a new clip from market if u think it bcoz of the clip but if it was clip issue y it didnt behave the same in past?


    Attaching pics, and waiting for expert's opinions.

    Regards and thanks in advance
    dms664 Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 -170557 dms664 Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 -170558 dms664 Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 -170559 dms664 Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 -170560
    [dms664] Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 - 170557 [dms664] Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 - 170558 [dms664] Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 - 170559 [dms664] Strange Prob in Corolla Gli 2010 - 170560

    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Happens in our Gli too. Adjust the clips TIGHTLY and you're good to go. It just gets out of its place after some time. If it again gets out of place then change the clips.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Happenens in our Gli too. Adjust the clips TIGHTLY and you're good to go. It just gets out of its place after some time. If it again gets out of place then change the clips.
    thanks sir for the kind reply

    can u plz tell me what this pipe is for?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    thanks sir for the kind reply

    can u plz tell me what this pipe is for?
    I dont know but i think it is used to reduce the sound of the engine.
    Lets wait for experts
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    this is the vacuum pipe, to actuate things that are vacuum controlled.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    I dont know but i think it is used to reduce the sound of the engine.
    Lets wait for experts
    engine sound was same but there was sound like some air blow , a swishing sound with throtle n engine goes off but all ok if the pipe is reconected with the clip securely clamping it

    yeah right lets wait for the experts, fingers crossed
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Racerf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    2
    Posts
    14,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    That is the PCV pipe leading to your engine valve cover. This allows the engine to vent gas build up during cold starts and when the engine is hot. Coz engine contracts when cold and expand when hot. there are number of reason for this valve, one of them is environmental recirculating unburnt gases to the intake manifold.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,366
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    get the chinese clip which can be tighten up with a screw driver

    seems like new corolla has "indigestion" gas problem
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tayyabbaig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,706
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    get the chinese clip which can be tighten up with a screw driver

    seems like new corolla has "indigestion" gas problem
    +1

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Racerf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    2
    Posts
    14,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Oh Btw, i just figured it out why the swish noise and car shutting off. It is due to the CNG venting out of that pipe and hence the noise and the car shutting off due to no cng reaching the combustion chamber.

    CNG kits use single injector system and usually placed right after the Throttle body valve and in the intake manifold. The breather pipes are place one after the throttle body and on before for venting gases (its push and pull system). So anytime the PVC pipe pops out the gases leaks out of the intake manifold ad into the atmosphere. In a closed garage this could have been dangerous coz any spark could have sat it off. It is also the CNG gas pressure that is causing the clip to slip due to pressure.

    Solution: get jubilee clips and tighten as much as you need and it will not allow it to pop unless the pipe cracks.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Racerf1 View Post
    Oh Btw, i just figured it out why the swish noise and car shutting off. It is due to the CNG venting out of that pipe and hence the noise and the car shutting off due to no cng reaching the combustion chamber.

    CNG kits use single injector system and usually placed right after the Throttle body valve and in the intake manifold. The breather pipes are place one after the throttle body and on before for venting gases (its push and pull system). So anytime the PVC pipe pops out the gases leaks out of the intake manifold ad into the atmosphere. In a closed garage this could have been dangerous coz any spark could have sat it off. It is also the CNG gas pressure that is causing the clip to slip due to pressure.

    Solution: get jubilee clips and tighten as much as you need and it will not allow it to pop unless the pipe cracks.

    Sir g the car was not even starting on ptrl with this pipe disconnected, anyways let me find that clip with screw. will install that one if it happen for 3rd time. will keep u posted with results

    Thanks all of u for the kind suggestions
    I am grateful
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    this is the vacuum pipe, to actuate things that are vacuum controlled.
    didnt get u sir
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aerojet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    NOT AN EXPERT OPINION JUST A WILD GUESS

    I aint sure if this applies on the corolla gli... but i had the same issue with my car... due to gas & petrol mixing in the chamber.

    I closely monitored my mechanic when he was fixing it up.

    He replaced the fuel filter, checked pipes for contamination. (wasted alot of petrol)

    Checked the air filter & its box for leaks.

    Fuel Filter was messed up and something wrong with air filter

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerojet View Post
    NOT AN EXPERT OPINION JUST A WILD GUESS

    I aint sure if this applies on the corolla gli... but i had the same issue with my car... due to gas & petrol mixing in the chamber.

    I closely monitored my mechanic when he was fixing it up.

    He replaced the fuel filter, checked pipes for contamination. (wasted alot of petrol)

    Checked the air filter & its box for leaks.

    Fuel Filter was messed up and something wrong with air filter
    sir but my car is brand new , just completed 1200 on odo

    any idea?

    UPDATE: After the 2nd d/c of pipe, it is still intact at its place mashaAllah, let c if it d/c for 3rd time then it ll b high time, no? what should be my course of action then? experts plz guide me
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Racerf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    2
    Posts
    14,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @dms: do not wait just get the damn Jubilee clip and throw your worries away.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    skylinegtrr34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    bro it happens wen u drive unsafely on bumpy road or bad roads... den da pipe gets moves around.. so wen u bad roads... or speed breakers... slow down n drive da car more cautioon... it happens to mi Terios aswell.. i used to drive rash on bad n bumpy road... mi pipe get loosen n i had to tighten the clip... so tight the clips... n drive slow on bad n bumpy roads... den everitin will b better....
    R.I.P BABRUS ABBAS QAISER....will miss u bro....i got a memories but not u....

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasay_ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,959
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hmm These engines are not designed for tht killer gas.better have bought an xli n the amount u have saved should have spent on Petrol cost.
    @problem
    this seems like extra coating pipe on breather pipe and it is present on most toyota engine breather pipes so it has nothing to do with Air and gases directly.The pipe which has to deal with those gases is intact with thts clamp though press it wth engine start ull relaise if its leaking or not.
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Racerf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    2
    Posts
    14,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    hmm These engines are not designed for tht killer gas.better have bought an xli n the amount u have saved should have spent on Petrol cost.
    @problem
    this seems like extra coating pipe on breather pipe and it is present on most toyota engine breather pipes so it has nothing to do with Air and gases directly.The pipe which has to deal with those gases is intact with thts clamp though press it wth engine start ull relaise if its leaking or not.
    Dude Learn how a PVC or breather valve works, and you will understand why the gas leaks and car stalls
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Racerf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    2
    Posts
    14,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Sir g the car was not even starting on ptrl with this pipe disconnected, anyways let me find that clip with screw. will install that one if it happen for 3rd time. will keep u posted with results

    Thanks all of u for the kind suggestions
    I am grateful
    The reason it stalls on Petrol is coz you still have the electronics of the CNG working even if it is on Petrol
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    next time put a jublee clip instead. the one that can tightened i guess thats what its called.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •