4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation CNG Performance in 2009-10 Corolla

Hi friends! can anybody guide me about CNG performance in 2010 corolla, as i want to install CNG Kit in my car but many people told me that its not working well in new corolla and car head and valves became faulty in just 30000 40000. so if someone driving new corolla on can plz suggest me.. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cng runs perfectly fine in XLI/GLI
    the only problem which i came to know after a survey from couple of colleagues owning the new xli/gli is u will get the average of CNG of an old shape Altis on cng

and this fact is very pathetic. new corolla consumes gas like a 1.8 engine
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you should go to enercon for the best tune up!my friends are getting nice mileage on cng!4 rs per km! and pick is normal while in 3rd gear car just drives like petrol!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have met various owners claiming their engines got messed up due to gas so am not fully convinced about cng running well in Xlis/Glis. one thing though is that Hasain2005 said ppl don't istall that lambada thing which is the reason. perhaps then, it shouldn't be an issue. vot do you say now Hash?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My personal experience alongwith couple of my friends' says that if you install CNG in new shape corolla (VVTI) GLI/XLI right from the beginning the valves will give away at around 40,000kms on odo. The solution is to keep the car stock maintain proper service schedule for the first 40,000kms (warranty period) after that if you install CNG there will be no issue and engine will give you good mileage and performance. My friend's corolla (2009) has 120,000 trouble free kilometers on its credit with just a clutch plate, couple of break pads and one set of tyres.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Friends...

My car has done 7000 Kms so i think i should wait for 10000km and then go for CNG....

I have also check with two Toyota dealers ( TOYOTA GT and TOYOTA RAWAL) there comments about CNG was not very impressive as they told me that they have registered cases of Head and values faults in new corolla just 30k to 40k driven on CNG, but they were saying if you drive ur car atleast 4 to 5 KM daily on petrol then you can delay this work to 100000 km plus millage.

I have check on landirenzo website, they have different emulators and advancers for different type of Engines, but i doubt in Pakistan they were using the same for every engine.

Toyota GT gave me hope that if i will install CNG kit from them then they will take full responsibility that my car work fine on CNG, but Engine warranty and rear shocks warranty will be void...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vaj

srcew lambda. Spectra and i both had hard luck with that. wasted 14k on installatin
    another 5k later getting the T motor . if they provide better quality units now, its something good over all.

@umfa
    So engine warranty and rear shocks warranty void?un say lagwanay ka faida ?

no offense meant brother, CNG par chalani thi, to city laini thi. i think they are still searching for the perfect solution of cng for new corolla in PK

Good luck!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    @vaj

srcew lambda. Spectra and i both had hard luck with that. wasted 14k on installatin
    another 5k later getting the T motor . if they provide better quality units now, its something good over all.

@umfa

no offense meant brother, CNG par chalani thi, to city laini thi. i think they are still searching for the perfect solution of cng for new corolla in PK

Good luck!
    brother are u saying that new city runs better on CNG? coz i have idsi city and it doesnt run as good on cng as my 2006 xli. but i dont know about newer models.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vaj

@umfa

Good luck!
    Yar New corolla is much much better then new city, but car tu lay li ha afford karna mushkil ho ra ha pertol pay as my daily drive is around 80 Kms. and toyota walay landirenzo ki kit orignal honay ki warranty daytay han including Advancer and Emulator.. mostly bahir say lagwao tu wo emulator and advancer change kar daytay han...

but yar Toyota charge 46000 rs for CNG kit ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by umfa85 View Post
    Yar New corolla is much much better then new city, but car tu lay li ha afford karna mushkil ho ra ha pertol pay as my daily drive is around 80 Kms. and toyota walay landirenzo ki kit orignal honay ki warranty daytay han including Advancer and Emulator.. mostly bahir say lagwao tu wo emulator and advancer change kar daytay han...

ahan, and whats the breakdown of those 46000rs? coz i have an excellent cng cylinder already with an old kit. will need new emulator and advancer alongwith cng switch. so how much would that cost?

plus which toyota guys did you get the quote from? is it toyota rawal guys?
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    ahan, and whats the breakdown of those 46000rs? coz i have an excellent cng cylinder already with an old kit. will need new emulator and advancer alongwith cng switch. so how much would that cost?

plus which toyota guys did you get the quote from? is it toyota rawal guys?

i dont have idea about indivisual price of Emulator and advancer.. next time i go for service i'll get the complete list..

i got this price from Toyota GT.

I open market people are installing kits from 33k to 40k plus...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx mate. The cylinder I have is of Faber, installed 10yrs ago, vetted by hdcp guys to be in excellent condition not too long ago.
    The cng kit reducer is of the vacuum type and works gr8, I guess I'll need only advancer and emulator when converting from carby engine to efi engine.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro I got orig landirenzo with orig emu n adv(tomasetto) with ekc cylinder in my gli 2010 for 38k n mashaAllah running perfect.

There are 2 options aval in the system.
    one is u start the car on ptrl and it will keep running on ptrl untill the temp guage start moving up as soon as it cross the C mark the car convert to CNG or if u want to save ptrl thn just slightly hit the gas padl and it will switch to cng

2nd option is that it will remain running on ptrl untill u hit 4000 rpm.

MashaALLAH drive is good on CNG in new corolla so go for it but I insist that get the orig stuff and from an authorised dealrship of landirenzo,
    also fill the landirezno warranty form n get it stamped from the dealer. it comes with one year warranty.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Bro I got orig landirenzo with orig emu n adv(tomasetto) with ekc cylinder in my gli 2010 for 38k n mashaAllah running perfect.

There are 2 options aval in the system.
    one is u start the car on ptrl and it will keep running on ptrl untill the temp guage start moving up as soon as it cross the C mark the car convert to CNG or if u want to save ptrl thn just slightly hit the gas padl and it will switch to cng

2nd option is that it will remain running on ptrl untill u hit 4000 rpm.

MashaALLAH drive is good on CNG in new corolla so go for it but I insist that get the orig stuff and from an authorised dealrship of landirenzo,
    also fill the landirezno warranty form n get it stamped from the dealer. it comes with one year warranty.
    Thanks man ur comments really gave me hope for CNG in my Corolla ... actually i have heard soo many stories even from Toyota Dealers that CNG arent working well on new corolla, but havent find anyone using corolla on CNG and can share his experience..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vaj srcew lambda. Spectra and i both had hard luck with that. wasted 14k on installatin
    another 5k later getting the T motor . if they provide better quality units now, its something good over all. .............!
    Vajiiiiiiiiiiiiih is my name to begin the game. thanks for the lambada info waisay.

smijaz: My personal experience alongwith couple of my friends' says that if you install CNG in new shape corolla (VVTI) GLI/XLI right from the beginning the valves will give away at around 40,000kms on odo.............

EXACTLY vot i was told by two different people.

Thanks man ur comments really gave me hope for CNG in my Corolla ... actually i have heard soo many stories even from Toyota Dealers that CNG arent working well on new corolla, but havent find anyone using corolla on CNG and can share his experience..
    toyota guys are weird to be honest. in 2004 or so when my father spoke to them of switching my ex Corolla `97 to cng, Toyota Isb strongly opposed it. even their service logs read, "NOTE: cng is harmful for cng engines." later they were offering it at Rs. 50000 whereas outside market's rate was Rs. 36000 max.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not the current toyota engines in particular, its the difference in valve technology that makes cng tougher on the engine in the early days. When the valves and everything else has a snug fit after a few thousand km on petrol (a liquid fuel), cng runs absolutely fine without harming the engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro, i am not comparing the 2 cars, city and XLI here in general.
    i am just saying the new city gives way better consumption/average then the new corolla. full stop

the survey and information i collected says the new corollas(1300 cc) gives cng average of old shape Altis on CNG

as far as the valve thing is concern, all the people i know with corolla + cng, have low mileage cars running fine so far. but if this is right, they will be getting a very very bad suprise

p.s i know the old shape corolla was a gem on cng(but without brakes)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dms664: bro can you plz tell me your mileage on CNG and cylinder size... i previously have 2006 XLI and it gives me 180Km with AC in local and 200 to 220 Km on long depending upon gas...
    in my old corolla i have drive it for 60000 on petrol then convert it on CNG and when i sell it at 90000 km not a single screw was touched in engine for any type of work.....

Hope that will get same kind of result with that VVTI engine...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just heard for low mileage on the new Corolla mostly while some persons came with some sub-standard installation and had serious issues, i think if with Original Kit and Good Expert Installer and good CNG Station you can enjoy it on CNG but one thing that in current condition i dont think so CNG is still a wise decision as now Investement reovery of CNG kit will not be easy.

If you sum up at the end you will have same result as runing on Petrol while having the Car Warranty.
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cng will work fine with every car provided that a good kit is used, it is properly tuned and gas pressure is gud. coROLLA is no exception

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List