4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation CNG Performance in 2009-10 Corolla

Hi friends! can anybody guide me about CNG performance in 2010 corolla, as i want to install CNG Kit in my car but many people told me that its not working well in new corolla and car head and valves became faulty in just 30000 40000. so if someone driving new corolla on can plz suggest me.. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    My personal experience alongwith couple of my friends' says that if you install CNG in new shape corolla (VVTI) GLI/XLI right from the beginning the valves will give away at around 40,000kms on odo. The solution is to keep the car stock maintain proper service schedule for the first 40,000kms (warranty period) after that if you install CNG there will be no issue and engine will give you good mileage and performance. My friend's corolla (2009) has 120,000 trouble free kilometers on its credit with just a clutch plate, couple of break pads and one set of tyres.
    Bro what kind of logic is that brand new engine will conk out in 40,000km but when its old, it wont.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    brother are u saying that new city runs better on CNG? coz i have idsi city and it doesnt run as good on cng as my 2006 xli. but i dont know about newer models.
    strange n weird...i had idsi 2o05,dr0ve 198o0okms and it was going strong.its not me but alm0st 99.99% ppl are satisfied fr0m idsi on gas.160 in city and most ppl fetch about 2o0kms/cyl on long routes...while pick is also go0d
    mAin tE h0nDa hE lAisAn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    brother are u saying that new city runs better on CNG? coz i have idsi city and it doesnt run as good on cng as my 2006 xli. but i dont know about newer models.
    YES! this is exactly vot everyone is saying about the new City i.e. it runs better than the new Corolla. m a Toyota guy but unfortunately have to accept this with a heavy heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    YES! this is exactly vot everyone is saying about the new City i.e. it runs better than the new Corolla. m a Toyota guy but unfortunately have to accept this with a heavy heart.
    Friend I'm also a toyota Guy i previously had Corolla 2006 and its great on CNG.... Now after doing 4 5 months research i have installed CNG in my Corolla 2010 ( installation from Toyota GT) and so far MashahAllah its also doing excellent on CNG. Pick is great and milleage is too good.

intially i have some RMP fluctuation issue with my car but toyota Gt guys fix it and everything doing fine.

As far as technology is concern both Corolla and City has the same.. Toyota use VVTI and Honda use VTEC for same technology..

in previous model if car tappets get jammed they can be easily fix by any mechanic during normal engine tunning. now problem stands with as the tappets and valves are electronic controlled so with time when car tappets need adjustment; it will cost you about 20k...

you can prolong this time period for your car by driving it on petrol atleast for some KMs daily before you shift her on CNG. in this way car engine can get some liquid fuel and will work fine inshahAllah..

if petrol is affordable i'll use my car on petrol but right now difference is too much so have to compromise on CNG...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

problems arise after 40-50000 km

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umfa85 congrats on ur ride selection and cng decision. plz answer these

1.how much much did it (cng setup) cost you from toyota rawal.
    2.how much has your car done on the odo bfr installing cng.
    3.Which kit, cylinder , emulator and advancer have you purchased.

plz keep us updated on performance and mileage of your car regarding cng and petrol.

may your car stay trouble free.....always.
    When you Dream there are no Rules..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@maddy12
    it cost me 45k from Toyota GT motors
    with landerenzo kit, emulator Toyota LR and Advancer STAP 300.
    I have driven it 9k on petrol and just few days back have installed Cng.
    So far everything going perfect mashahAllah and mileage and pick is good.
    Yes as one of or friend about said it may cause problems after 50k this is true.. But if you drive ur car with care, like every warm up ur car on petrol and drive some 2 km on petrol in morning and turn back on petrol in evening, timely oil changes with regular maintence then u can delay problem timeline to 1 lac plus Km as one of my friend's cousin drove his car almost 100k and still no problem. Also have seen some new corollas running on rent a car and doing good with high mileage on odo.

So I hope if I drive carefully on cng then inshahAllah I'll get some good results...
    It's not that I don't like petrol but the point is I find difficult to afford it. Petrol cost you around 6 rs per km and cng giving me 2.5 to 3 rs per km..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have mentioned it previously too initially any car can get on cng but Toyota does not have adjustable tappets and your have to open the head and remake whole engine after about 1 lac kilometer....city and civic all have adjustable tappets according to one my local mechanics and when adjustment is needed simple tappets can do adjustment .....Life of corolla on CNG is about 1 lac kilometers that was told to me by dealership mechanic ............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster
    sir my corolla 2010 xli is giving awsme average on cng........it is giving 125-135 without ac nd 110-120 with ac......and on highway it is giving 170 with ac.....and in my point ov view it is a vry best average a 1300cc can give............
    but in start my car was back firing nd engine check light turns on....den i've gone to toyota they told me that new shape corolla's have sensor's in their silencers and they can only sense the fumes or carbon of patrol.......nd it doesn't sense the carbon on CNG sooo the engine check light turns on........so its nothing to worry about......nd i've installed cng at 8000kms and now my car has done 25440kms and it is absolutely perfect........and only 1 time i removed the wire of the battery nd put them bck after few minutes nd engine light turns off.......because its computer refreshes............
    sooo in my point of view go for cng nd go for LANDI RENZO original ITALIAN KIT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SARS
    yes u re right.. But as far as ivtec honda city or civic I guess they also don't have adjustable tappets as vvti and ivtec both re same technologies... Honda called it ivtec and Toyota vvti.. Also all automatic cars don't have adjustable tappets.. I may be wrong but as per my knowledge it's like that.. Actually problem arises when carbon between tappets hardened up with time.. As on petrol carbon deposits automatically cleaned or replace up with fresh as Its a liquid fuel but cng don't deposit carbon partical like petrol so with time they got stiff and valve got faulty.. But it repair cost is around 20 k if u go to Toyota dealership. From open Market u will get a cheap repair cost but I personally don't recommend as only Toyota can put original head cover seal..
    One of my cousins Altus 2006 after doing 200k plus km cause same problem and he repair it from local mechanic.. It cost him around 8 to 10 k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP
    Honda's have SOHC engine. And tappets can easilly be adjusted
    Toyota's have DOHC engine, Valve shim's have to be grinded after certain mileage of driving on CNG from machinist (which sucks).........Had it done on SE Saloon and Vitz more then once

@22
    my 1600 cc Automatic VTI gave that mileage on CNG. Old shape corolla does 150km Plus in local. aab corolla lai hi lee hai, cng lagwa hi lee hai, to dil ki tasalee kai liyai khayal acha hai city does 200km's easy with 60 tank in local
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@has4u

People in islamabad get highest mileage from cng then come people from lahore and karachites come last.........people contribute it to gas quality but i think it has some thing to do with temperature and pressure of refil.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umfa85 thanks for your detailed reply. one more thing which cng cylinder did you install. were you offered a specific cylinder with your deal or you can get any cylinder like faber, inflex etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@massy yar it's I guess Enk or something like that. Haven't given any choice in that.. They were charging 45 k for complete deal. Give warranty that all the components installed re orignal. Also intallation was pretty neat. Haven't drill any single hole for mounting cylinder. That stand is design to be fixed in back shocks screws and bolts. Only hole drilled in is for refilling point at fuel lid..
    Cng pipe is also tied with rest of the pipes going from front to back from the center.
    Also in engine area no hole or extra stand is installed.. Kit is fixed with already availabe screws at the wall behind airfilter in front of left seat.
    So now hoping for good results and return for my extra investment

@ SARS
    yar actually in islamad there aren't any traffic jams like in Lahore and Karachi except on roads like murree road in Rawalpindi. Secondly mostly my travel is on islamabad express highway so mostly car is on higher gear. And in islamabad traffic police have closed my uturns and extra crossings so cars keep On running and mostly not stucked at single point so in Islamabad fuel average remain good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have Xli 2010.Excelant running on CNG (Mashallah)22000 km driven.

But i installed CNG with latest Advancer,Amulatro & Lambda system therefore i did not feel any differance on cng or petrol running.

Prev i have 2007 GLi.The ava that i have got is almost same in local and long as well.But the engine sound on cng is far away batter than old version.I mean the new corolla is more smooth than older version.

I think the old technologies can not be batter than the advance in our practical life.
    Tell me who one like the old versions.all are aearching for new models.

Dont discuss the city with Toyota.I dont like this topic.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 22 View Post
    @poster
    sir my corolla 2010 xli is giving awsme average on cng........it is giving 125-135 without ac nd 110-120 with ac......and on highway it is giving 170 with ac.....and in my point ov view it is a vry best average a 1300cc can give............
    Dear Poster

with due regards i would disagree... as Honda city2010 gives u economy of Rs 2.75/km (my Honda go abt 200 km within city with 60 Cylinder) so u can decide for urself.

No offence plz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I have Xli 2010.Excelant running on CNG (Mashallah)22000 km driven.

But i installed CNG with latest Advancer,Amulatro & Lambda system therefore i did not feel any differance on cng or petrol running.

Prev i have 2007 GLi.The ava that i have got is almost same in local and long as well.But the engine sound on cng is far away batter than old version.I mean the new corolla is more smooth than older version.

I think the old technologies can not be batter than the advance in our practical life.
    Tell me who one like the old versions.all are aearching for new models.

Dont discuss the city with Toyota.I dont like this topic.

@luckyman

No one is comparing city vs corolla....performance and ability of car to run on cng is being discussed and if you read orginal poster, hash4u and i have mentioned one thing that tappets adjustment in honda is easy thing ...while running on petrol this tappet adjustment is not needed but on cng after about 1 lac kilometer you will certainly need it .......said in other way it says that you can run honda more km than toyota on cng ......while befoe that performance of both cars is compareable.....However in india they have introduced company fitted CNG altis .......So claim by local toyota that CNG is not good of corolla is questionable
    Toyota Corolla Altis CNG 1.8J, Review, Price, Toyota Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umfa85 thanks.hope it stays that way..can you please upload pictures of your car including engine bay and trunk.whenever possible.
    @sars nice share. those cars are looking good plus the kit they are having..pretty.nice....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maddy12 View Post
    @umfa85 thanks.hope it stays that way..can you please upload pictures of your car including engine bay and trunk.whenever possible.
    @sars nice share. those cars are looking good plus the kit they are having..pretty.nice....
    CNG Performance in 2009-10 Corolla -188400

CNG Performance in 2009-10 Corolla -188401

CNG Performance in 2009-10 Corolla -188402

CNG Performance in 2009-10 Corolla -188403

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umfa85 thanks.indeed pretty neat..May your car be that clean always...
    from where did you got the ecu cover. and for how much..does it serve the purpose ..i mean does it protect the ecu properly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List