1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Toyota corolla gli 2010

Assalam u Alaikum ... I have got a corolla gli 2010 .. The drive is not good .. i also own a honda city 2002 and it drives better than the new toyota .. the fact of the matter is this that when you engage the corolla in a gear and even slowly leave the clutch just as the car is about to set in motion the rpm drops from 1000 to less than 500 which as a result ends in giving the car extra race and a lot of noise .. this makes the ride very uncomfortable as every time you engage the car in a gear after stopping the motion completely breaks and while reengaging in gear the rpm drops instead of incresing ... Is there any way to solve this bcz when i took the car to the corolla ppl they said that this model has an electronic sensor throttle and this is the way this car is supposed to drive ... ? ... :O ..
    Can somebody plz help me out ... ? .. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think we all at the same frequency. Just a small correction the base RPM of GLi is around 700. It tends to take a dip at any trivial eletrical activity such as switching defogger or rolling up or down of windows.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Subzwari

you are right, the normal RPM is around 700. and yes it takes a dip when any electronic equipment is turned on such as defogger and then comes to normal.

The only problem is that when car is moving and you apply brakes and press clutch to shift to lower gear, the RPM takes a dip too. I think it should not take this dip as all the equipments are already running.

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are absolutely right. And also when the car is cruising at even 4000 RPM, clutch is operated the RPM falls so quickly to below normal(less than 700) that the car feels an awkward gear shift. my santro and 2OD have built in systems to maintain RPM during shifts or brakes and don't let them fall so quick. And both operate on different fundamentals. Don't know what Toyota has missed in this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I assume the problem is due to insufficient electrical system...Despite mentioning this to toyota dealers many times and explaining them the same behaviour they seemed indifferent/ignoring the problem with the claim that rpm of 500 is in the normal range :p.Toyota seemed to miss the trick here,the problem is so obvious yet they rnt doing anything about it.They should consider either reducing the electronic stuff in the car or else introduce a bigger and better electrical system.
    Thanks
    <!-- / message -->

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lucky man
    My car have just crossed 10,000 km and this problem was from the start .. right from the showroom ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if the base RPM is around 700 its ok .. the only problem like mentioned by nearly everyone is that while depressing the clutch the rpm should not drop rather it should increase a little like +50 to aid in picking up the car smoothly .. but instead it drops and rather drastically cuz it goes as low as 200 and then starts to climb .. Like mentioned earlier in a daily day to day routine it just becomes ok .. cuz you get used to it a little bit but when you are in a hurry and driving fast it really becomes a nuisance and feels like the car is not in your control and also feels very unresponsive .. The same happens when you are in a traffic jam ..

Being Pakistan the thought even did not even cross my mind that indus motors would be least bothered .. I mean even if you go to them they talk stupid things like "aap ki gaari main kachra aa gaya hay due to bad petrol" .. i mean what the hell at that time my car had only done 2000 km and that to mostly on high octane ..

So what i ask is keh what can be done ... ? .. the solution to this problem .. ? .. I was thinking before going to Toyota southern as mentioned by Capsat .. i will email them and check there response as to how they plan to handle the matter ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zealot View Post
    Even if the base RPM is around 700 its ok .. the only problem like mentioned by nearly everyone is that while depressing the clutch the rpm should not drop rather it should increase a little like +50 to aid in picking up the car smoothly .. but instead it drops and rather drastically cuz it goes as low as 200 and then starts to climb .. Like mentioned earlier in a daily day to day routine it just becomes ok .. cuz you get used to it a little bit but when you are in a hurry and driving fast it really becomes a nuisance and feels like the car is not in your control and also feels very unresponsive .. The same happens when you are in a traffic jam ..

Being Pakistan the thought even did not even cross my mind that indus motors would be least bothered .. I mean even if you go to them they talk stupid things like "aap ki gaari main kachra aa gaya hay due to bad petrol" .. i mean what the hell at that time my car had only done 2000 km and that to mostly on high octane ..

So what i ask is keh what can be done ... ? .. the solution to this problem .. ? .. I was thinking before going to Toyota southern as mentioned by Capsat .. i will email them and check there response as to how they plan to handle the matter ..
    changing vaccum pipes & a high current battery MAY help

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizi_85 View Post
    as mentioned by @qwertypoiu it is due to electronic throttle. The driver has to adjust a bit to overcome this behavior. And also its sensitivity a little bit higher than the cars with mechanical throttle. Even if you push the accelerator a little bit, it shoots to 2k rpm.
    Balenos dont have electronic throttle but so many people complaining same with this car also.
    I dont have listened any report from honda city's 'drive by wire' technology!
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just came back from Toyota Walton Motors. I told them about problems, The foreman who first inspected the car was saying its normal. I told him that while standing, whenever any electrical component is switched ON, the drop in RPM is logical but during movement it should not be there.

Then the other foreman came and did a road test. He agreed to me and said the RPM should not drop so rapidly and also if it drops below normal then should immediately come to normal position. I told him that it can be due to smaller battery, vacuum pipes, or improper ignition timing. First he said that there are no vacuum pipes in this car. I told him how it can be possible.

Any how he said that throttle body needs to be serviced. Then I told him I want to fix this problem under warranty. Then He called a mechanic, who disconnected the air cleaner pipe from throttle body and then cleaned it with WD40. After that the RPM was shooting to 2K. He said the settings have been reinitialized and it will come to normal after some driving.

Now my questions to expert are:

1. Is it possible that the GLi/XLi has no vacuum pipes?
    2. Is it possible to change ignition timing? The foreman there said that the setting cannot be changed.
    3. What should be the rating of battery for this car to solve this problem.

regards and thanks,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rizi_85;
    Sorry i cannot help you with any of your questions but did disconnecting the air cleaner pipe and cleaning cleaning the throttle body with WD40 solve the problem ..
    I mean is the rpm back to normal or is the problem solved ... ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wd-40 does work wonders...but not in ur case i guess so..
    i think u better get the ECU diagnosed
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zealot View Post
    Rizi_85;
    Sorry i cannot help you with any of your questions but did disconnecting the air cleaner pipe and cleaning cleaning the throttle body with WD40 solve the problem ..
    I mean is the rpm back to normal or is the problem solved ... ?
    Well during the daytime, the RPM was shooting to 2K when clutch was depressed. Then it fluctuated between 800 and 2K twice or thrice and then started idling at 1K RPM. I think they "reinitialized" the setting but I don't know how because they didn't disconnected the battery terminal.

At the end they said that the ECU will learn the settings over period of time and will become normal. According to last update the RPM stopped shooting to 2K while clutch depressed. I checked it for the drop issue with Headlight, defogger, and heater on. the RPM was dropping a little bit but immediately became normal.

I think the main issue is with the battery of smaller size however I will let you know in some days when the ECU settings will become normal.

regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Well during the daytime, the RPM was shooting to 2K when clutch was depressed. Then it fluctuated between 800 and 2K twice or thrice and then started idling at 1K RPM. I think they "reinitialized" the setting but I don't know how because they didn't disconnected the battery terminal.

At the end they said that the ECU will learn the settings over period of time and will become normal. According to last update the RPM stopped shooting to 2K while clutch depressed. I checked it for the drop issue with Headlight, defogger, and heater on. the RPM was dropping a little bit but immediately became normal.

I think the main issue is with the battery of smaller size however I will let you know in some days when the ECU settings will become normal.

regards,
    Thanks for sharing that info ... i am thinking of taking my car to the toyota southern motors next week .. but i will first try to discuss this matter with them through email ...

Please do let us know as to how the ride stays in the next few days ... thanks a lot ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    wd-40 does work wonders...but not in ur case i guess so..
    i think u better get the ECU diagnosed
    ECU didn't diagnosed any error. I got it checked around 1 month before and the problem was there. At that time I thought its normal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just came back from Toyota Walton Motors. I told them about problems, The foreman who first inspected the car was saying its normal. I told him that while standing, whenever any electrical component is switched ON, the drop in RPM is logical but during movement it should not be there.

Then the other foreman came and did a road test. He agreed to me and said the RPM should not drop so rapidly and also if it drops below normal then should immediately come to normal position. I told him that it can be due to smaller battery, vacuum pipes, or improper ignition timing. First he said that there are no vacuum pipes in this car. I told him how it can be possible.

Any how he said that throttle body needs to be serviced. Then I told him I want to fix this problem under warranty. Then He called a mechanic, who disconnected the air cleaner pipe from throttle body and then cleaned it with WD40. After that the RPM was shooting to 2K. He said the settings have been reinitialized and it will come to normal after some driving.

Now my questions to expert are:

1. Is it possible that the GLi/XLi has no vacuum pipes?
    2. Is it possible to change ignition timing? The foreman there said that the setting cannot be changed.
    3. What should be the rating of battery for this car to solve this problem.

regards and thanks,
    WD40 is NOT the correct cleaner for the throttle body. Please get it removed and cleaned properly before more things are ruined.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    WD40 is NOT the correct cleaner for the throttle body. Please get it removed and cleaned properly before more things are ruined.
    Thank you for your input . I was waiting for your expert opinion. well about WD40, they didn't remove the throttle body, just disconnected the air cleaner hose and whip it with a cloth (WD40 was sprayed on the cloth). Later I did some searching on WD40 and I came to know its not a proper cleaner.

I bought LiquiMoly carb cleaner for my other car. Can I use it for throttle body also and is it absolutely necessary to remove the throttle body or I just disconnect the air cleaner hose and clean the TB using carb cleaner? I don't want to go to them again because they never agree with your point of view and do whatever they want so I am thinking of cleaning it myself.

Also please answer other questions as well. it may help us in future.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I got the throttle body of my Altis cleaned the same way but with petrol. Is it safe and okay? If not, why should WD40 or petrol not be used? when the intended purpose is to clean off the dirt and carbon deposits which they effectively do?

@rizi_85

Did they charge yo ufor throttle body cleaning? If yes, how much?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    I got the throttle body of my Altis cleaned the same way but with petrol. Is it safe and okay? If not, why should WD40 or petrol not be used? when the intended purpose is to clean off the dirt and carbon deposits which they effectively do?

@rizi_85

Did they charge yo ufor throttle body cleaning? If yes, how much?
    I registered my complaint earlier. While road test the foreman said that get the throttle body cleaned. I asked for the cost he told its around PKR 1800 to 2000. So I told him that I want to fix this issue under warranty I don't care if they clean the throttle body, change the battery or do some thing else. Then he said that they will not charge anything for cleaning.

Did your car feel better after cleaning of throttle body?

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers