1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Toyota corolla gli 2010

Assalam u Alaikum ... I have got a corolla gli 2010 .. The drive is not good .. i also own a honda city 2002 and it drives better than the new toyota .. the fact of the matter is this that when you engage the corolla in a gear and even slowly leave the clutch just as the car is about to set in motion the rpm drops from 1000 to less than 500 which as a result ends in giving the car extra race and a lot of noise .. this makes the ride very uncomfortable as every time you engage the car in a gear after stopping the motion completely breaks and while reengaging in gear the rpm drops instead of incresing ... Is there any way to solve this bcz when i took the car to the corolla ppl they said that this model has an electronic sensor throttle and this is the way this car is supposed to drive ... ? ... :O ..
    Can somebody plz help me out ... ? .. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani1

after how many km, the throttle body was cleaned?

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i will check the RPM of my car and will let you know about the results.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cleaning throttle bod doesn't help with the rpm drop issue.If the car has unstable rpm at idle then the issue maY be with the throttle.It looks more of an electrical prob.
    Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassanj View Post
    Cleaning throttle bod doesn't help with the rpm drop issue.If the car has unstable rpm at idle then the issue maY be with the throttle.It looks more of an electrical prob.
    Regards,
    I agree with you. If the problem is due to throttle body then it should be their while idling and also the pick should be decreased. But everything else is just normal. The only reason left now is electrical system.

thanks,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did you check injectors. they might be clogged. our fuel is quite dirty

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@margallar

as mentioned by @hassanj, the problem seems to be with electrical system. The problem is only there when there is more electrical road such as defogger, headlights, fog lights, heater are turned on simultaneously.

If there is some thing wrong with injectors then the problem should be there while idling. As far as I observed, there is no issue with idling. It is smooth as before. The only problem is, the RPM takes a dip when coming to normal idling position and then stays at normal.

thanks for the feedback though.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did anyone tr contacting toota indus motors?what was their response?i think this problem is to be addressed b the manufacturer itself nd not the 3s dealers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam .. I just sent a detailed email to toyota southern motors and Toyota Indus motors both .. Will wait for their response before going to Toyota Southern ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zealot View Post
    salam .. I just sent a detailed email to toyota southern motors and Toyota Indus motors both .. Will wait for their response before going to Toyota Southern ..
    can u send me copy of the email please
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all,
    I have somewhat extensive experience on this issue from driving 2 cars, one with a mechanical throttle (non-DBW) and another with an electronic throttle (DBW).

First, the biggest culprit in case of *any* drop in rpm or loss of engine power when anything that draws a current is switched on is the battery and its capacity in Ah. I frankly find it hilarious that Indus Motors takes the cheap approach of fitting their XLi's and GLi's with a tiny battery. I would strongly urge you guys to upgrade to a bigger battery. Aim for 55-65 Ah. Basically, the headlights, foglights, AC (blower and condenser fan), defogger, the EPS motor, etc, tend to suck significant electric power, in layman's terms, from the car when turned on. When the battery can not keep up with that increased power demand, the car's alternator has to do extra work to provide that extra electric power and if you know some basic EM Physics, as soon as the Alternator starts pumping out the much needed extra electricity, it's met by strong resistance by some magical forces (the details of which I won't go into). This explains the sudden drop in the engine's rpm when such an appliance is switched on.

Second, consumer cars with DBW/electronic throttle control are notorious around the world for have a time lag between pressing the gas peddle and getting the response from the engine.

Third, I believe that the issue of the RPM dropping when the clutch is pressed (during daytime, in the absence of any major electric appliance running) can be solved by increasing the idling RPM. This should be an easy job for your friendly neighborhood Toyota dealers armed with their OBD tool and some proprietary software. Insist on the idle RPM (when the car is at a standstill) to be set to 800-900. Trust me, it'll do wonders for you.

Fourth, now, this is a half-baked desi solution of mine, so try it at your own risk. When you know that you would need to stop at a signal or a stop sign or what have you, then as soon as you press the clutch to downshift to a lower gear, switch to Neutral altogether. Let go of the clutch and let inertia do its work. You won't have the dropping RPM syndrome with your car anymore.

Disclaimer: With the car in Neutral, you would have to rely solely on your brakes to bring the car to a stop since the engine's braking power won't be engaged anymore. Don't attempt this on slopes. Drive carefully and brake early, where necessary.

Cheerios!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cardinal

very logical reply. I think the RPM drop issue during night is mainly because of small battery. In day time the problem is very negligible.

One question, the battery in XLi/Gli 2009 has 46C24L written on it. I tried to search it on AGS website but could not find the details of this battery.

Can you please tell me how many AH this battery has?

Thanks for the great info,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I asked the battery amp question to the toyota rawal motors guys here in rawalpindi and i recieved a mixed response of 42 or 45 amps.
    Secondly this battery is made specifically for xli/gli by AGS therefore you wont find it on the AGS website or dealers.
    It has hard to find a battery of 55 or 60 amps,despite what some dealers claim.The local made batteries normally available in market has got the model number on it which is something like 65L,60 R or 55 L etc. but amps are written no where.
    Does some one know which battery they r putting in the altis model?

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassanj View Post
    I asked the battery amp question to the toyota rawal motors guys here in rawalpindi and i recieved a mixed response of 42 or 45 amps.
    Secondly this battery is made specifically for xli/gli by AGS therefore you wont find it on the AGS website or dealers.
    It has hard to find a battery of 55 or 60 amps,despite what some dealers claim.The local made batteries normally available in market has got the model number on it which is something like 65L,60 R or 55 L etc. but amps are written no where.
    Does some one know which battery they r putting in the altis model?

Thanks
    Well I can tell you about Exide batteries that you can find the ampere information from there website. but I was unable to find the ampere information for AGS batteries. I think the battery for XLi/GLi is 45 AH.

I think the dealers in market have a sheet in which AH of each model is notified.

thanks,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizi_85 View Post
    @cardinal

very logical reply. I think the RPM drop issue during night is mainly because of small battery. In day time the problem is very negligible.

One question, the battery in XLi/Gli 2009 has 46C24L written on it. I tried to search it on AGS website but could not find the details of this battery.

Can you please tell me how many AH this battery has?

Thanks for the great info,
    Thanks. Glad I could be of service.

Battery nomenclature can be very confusing as the name/model no. of some batteries are outwardly arbitrate and are useless to the end-consumer. About the AGS battery with 46C24L written on it, I am willing to assume that the "46" has some correlation with the capacity of the battery. So, it's safe to assume that it has a capacity of around 46 Ah. When/if you go for a bigger battery, don't give this battery to the seller. Keep it for some smaller car or hook it up to your UPS at home.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal View Post
    Thanks. Glad I could be of service.

Battery nomenclature can be very confusing as the name/model no. of some batteries are outwardly arbitrate and are useless to the end-consumer. About the AGS battery with 46C24L written on it, I am willing to assume that the "46" has some correlation with the capacity of the battery. So, it's safe to assume that it has a capacity of around 46 Ah. When/if you go for a bigger battery, don't give this battery to the seller. Keep it for some smaller car or hook it up to your UPS at home.
    Exactly, I am planning to do the same. I will keep this battery for my other car i.e. Datsun B210 as it's battery is getting older. Can you please give some suggestion about the exact models of AGS or Exide or any other good battery which we should use.

Thanks for your help again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizi_85 View Post
    Exactly, I am planning to do the same. I will keep this battery for my other car i.e. Datsun B210 as it's battery is getting older. Can you please give some suggestion about the exact models of AGS or Exide or any other good battery which we should use.

Thanks for your help again
    Dear, I honestly don't remember the model numbers of batteries of the top of my head. I'd advise you to visit a battery shop and ask for a battery with 55-65 Ah of charge capacity. I usually go for AGS as they tend to have slightly better quality than others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In reply to my email from the toyota southern motors they said that they have not registered a single complaint relating to this problem ... :O ...

Frankly i am shocked so i urge you all to send emails to your respective dealers to aware them about this problem ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The email i sent to them is ... ;

Respected Sir/madam

I bought a Toyota Corolla Gli 2010 last February from Toyota Southern . The car is very well made and the interior is all very good and spacious but where it all goes wrong is the drive . The only problem which ruins everything is the Rpm drop.

When you engage the car in gear and start to depress the clutch the rpm drops from its base position to around 200 rpm which results in severe shivering . In order to correct that one needs to increase the race and as the corolla has an electronic throttle, once you even go near it the rpm reaches around 2000 and the car does not get a smooth pick and results in a lot of boost noise. This happens every time you pick the car in first gear and even in second.Under normal conditions the rpm should not drop while depressing the clutch and even if it does it should not drop a whopping 600 rpm .All in all this completely ruins the drive .

Now normally after i bought the car i thought that i needed to adjust to the drive of the car but this problem is a nuisance because in daily routine driving one copes up with this annoying problem but if for instance the car is on a slope or your are reversing on even some form a gradient the car comes to a halt due to the rpm drop and that is a really irritating. Another even bigger nuisance is if you are stuck in a traffic jam,because then you have to engage and reengage your car in gear and the car feels totally unresponsive as each time you have to give it a lot of boost to correct the rpm drop.

A year has passed in which my car went for its oil change service to Toyota motors.When i discussed the problem with them they blamed it on the fuel and said that it was not pure but even after some purifier they put in the car it did not work.The problem still persists.I also asked around a lot of people as to whether i am the only one facing this problem or not and as it turns out a lot of people are facing this problem. In fact all people who own the new Toyota Corolla Gli or Xli are facing this same problem. I have discussed this problem at length with a lot of people all over Pakistan on Pakwheels and all of them are frustrated that a car for which they paid quite a lot of money does not drive well and well up till now there has been no solution. In addition to this a lot of people also said that the Toyota dealers they went to ignored there problems by saying that this is a built in problem and this cannot be solved and THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO DRIVE.

Now i am sorry to hear that because as reputation has it Toyota is one of the leading car makers in the world and i do not think that they would design a car with a flaw like this and which is supposed to drive so uncomfortably . I hope this problem must have being identified by corolla motors and you must have found a solid solution to this matter.

Please let me know how and where to proceed to get my problem eradicated.I hope i will get your full cooperation in this matter as the solution to this problem will also be helpful to all those Toyota Corolla owners out there who are facing the very same problem.
    Thanking you in advance and I hope that Toyota lives up to its reputation.

Mohammad Ahsan Sulaiman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is the copy of the email which i sent to them in december.

"Dear Sir,
    I am the owner of toyota corolla gli model, december 2009 with the Chassis # xxxxx and engine # xxxx.I belong to Rawalpindi and i purchased the subject car from Toyota Rawal Motors,Rawalpindi.

I have driven the car 10,000 KM and no alterations(CNG,Security system) have been made in the car.

Since past 7000 KM i am experiencing a problem in my car.The details of the problem are as follows:
    Cars RPM drops below 600 often when i stop the car by pressing brake and clutch.It rattles and RPM rises to about 650 to 700 rpms again.
    The above behaviour is at its peak during the evenings and night hours.
    The behaviour is repeated almost at every stop(signal,speed bump,traffic).
    The samilar beviour is exxpereinced while reversing the car.

I understand that the car has an electric steering system and rpms drop a bit while turning.
    I also understand that the car has an electronic throttle system.But the problem above has been stated after carefully analyzing the factors of electronic steering and throttle system.

I have complained with Toyota's local 3S Dealer(Toyota Rawal Motors) 4,5 times in past 6 months but my problem is yet to be resolved.Infact the occurance of rpm drop has increased significantly recently and now often it is very difficult to drive the car in rushy roads since car seems to be shutting down every now and then and keeps on rattling.

Toyota Rawal Motors have not taken my problem keenly and havn't try to resolve it seriously.

Please arrange to resolve this problem at the earliest since its very difficult to rely upon or drive a car which does this ambiguous behaviour.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    kindly forward this complaint to the related authorities and staff.

Thank You

"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recieved the response rather quickly nd they arranged a detailed checkup with the local 3s dealers in the presence of some toyota indus motor guy.
    Unfortunately the appointment turned out to be a mere formality.They sure did a road test with the scanner plugged in but unlike many other times the problem was not repeating often.Infaact the rpm dropped just twice during the road test.May be it had some thing to do with the tunning and the ecu reset prior to the road test or something else.
    At the end they just said that rpm of 500 is in the normal operating range of the vehicle.
    At that time this thread wasnt started nd i was not aware of the fact that so many other people are also facing similar problem.

Regards,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List