23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Sir, the matter of fact is, even if the City is without BA and EBD, its braking is way more effective then GLi with ABS, EBD and BA. This is what counts!.

No?
    Agreed. I have tested brakes on City, Corolla and Swift, so my verdict is that City has a better braking than Corolla but in City one can actually feel the ABS being engaged by slight noisy sensation from the brakes and this where EBA comes in. I have found the brakes of Swift much smoother because of EBA. In case of the new GLI, the braking experience isn't really much smooth even though all 3 aids are present. These are just my unbiased 2 cents!
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New Corolla Altis 2011 (Thai versions)

New corolla 2011 pictures and information -193013 New corolla 2011 pictures and information -193014 New corolla 2011 pictures and information -193015 New corolla 2011 pictures and information -193016 New corolla 2011 pictures and information -193017

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no such thing as EBA, if the poster meant ELECTRONIC BRAKE ASSIST well buddy its still known as only BRAKE ASSIST in the academia of car manufacturers thus the term BA.
    All the curious cats out there wondering how all these features work well here are a few facts.

1. ABS simply refers to anti locking feature of the brakes which works by virtue of brake pressure bleeding thus avoiding a locked wheel. The working principle is simple...research showed that 10% skid regime is the best for maximum braking...this regime counts (practically speaking) as a non-locked wheel with partial splt second lockings. Thus all ABS systems take the skid to about 10% before bleeding the pressure...this is wat causes that GRRRRR sound in the ABS with full brake pedal pressed.

2. Electronic Brakeforce Distribution is a feature that works alongside the ABS...specially developed for side skids and turns. The term LOAD refers to the Gs being sustained by each wheel during a turn or a side skid. All regimes other than straight braking benefit heavily by the presence of this feature and its not necesarrily there in all cars with ABS...an ABS car might or might not have EBD. What it does is distribute the amount of brake pressure differently to all the wheels to initially prevent a side skid and if in a skid then to come out of it thus its a sort of small Traction control. A car with simple ABS has a possibility to tail-out in a turning full brake but a car with ABS and EBD will most probably never tail-out in a turning full brake because of different brake pressure going into all four wheels causing extreme stability.

3. Brake Assist is an intelligent feature. It works simply on the principle of time lapse between a persons foot coming off from the throttle and going on the brakes. Lets discuss two situations here. In situation A a guy wants to brake for a Red light under normal circumstances...BA doesnt have any role here as its a calm normal situation. In situation B a person is braking SUDDENLY because a kid has come onto the road...this is where BA kicks in...the brake assist knows that its a panic situation coz the time taken between foot coming off the throttle and going on the brake is very very less n thus it sends more pressure towards the brake cylinders...much more than the actual pedal press n thus it assists the person in a PANIC situation where few people might not even be able to put required amount of pressure on the pedal...this feature saves the day there.

I hope my humble knowledge from a recent research will be of assistance to others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as I now, modern ABS cannot work without EBD cz the car will skid if the driver tries to turn , So whats the use of ABS when you cant turn the car? Therefore, atleast all passenger cars have EBD alongwith ABS.
    And whenever full pedal is pressed, (PANIC or NORMAL) BA Takes the brakes to it max possible force with the help of ABS controller [ECU], if there is no ABS what will BA do? Increase the force on locked tires???? that makes no sense..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post
    As far as I now, modern ABS cannot work without EBD cz the car will skid if the driver tries to turn , So whats the use of ABS when you cant turn the car? Therefore, atleast all passenger cars have EBD alongwith ABS.
    And whenever full pedal is pressed, (PANIC or NORMAL) BA Takes the brakes to it max possible force with the help of ABS controller [ECU], if there is no ABS what will BA do? Increase the force on locked tires???? that makes no sense..
    No one here quoted the presence of Brake Assist without ABS. Read the reply again. Brake Assist is not an essential component of the ABS system, it is only there to enhance the braking. The new Honda City comes with an ABS but not with Brake Assist. Obviously EBD is there, but then again no one is saying that it's not.
    @stingray, very well portrayed and explained. Though i have my reservations about nomenclature you stated about Brake Assist. It is known as EBA. Here is a website validating my claim:
    Electronic brake assist (EBA) | Car Terms | Technical Glossary | Car Terminology - Parker's

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

EBD comes along with all the cars that have ABS, earlier i also that ABS was Hondas inovation in Pakistan while EBD and BA was Suzukis.

But @cylestyne explained me its the same thing, just that Honda doesnt advertise EBD seperatly, How ever i guess BA is some thing different.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    EBD comes along with all the cars that have ABS, earlier i also that ABS was Hondas inovation in Pakistan while EBD and BA was Suzukis.

But @cylestyne explained me its the same thing, just that Honda doesnt advertise EBD seperatly, How ever i guess BA is some thing different.
    Indeed that is the case. EBD is an essential part of the ABS system whereas Brake Assist isn't.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

EBD was developed later...the first development was ABS...this was specifically developed for use on aircraft during landing n take off phase where there are chances of a skid specially in wet weather conditions / snow / extreme heat.
    The problem with a normal anti lock braking mechanism (No EBD) was simply nothin else but the simple fact that ABS wud only ensure wheels not locking but it cudnt ensure not having a skid or relieve a skid. Imagine u have wheels that wont lock but u also try to swerve ur machine for an oncoming object in which case intertial forces take over...so now no matter if ur wheels wont lock ur in a sideways motion....u move the wheel in pro OR opposite skid directions but no luck...the intertial effects are keeping ur machine in a swerve.
    At this point developers came up with the addition of an EBD....distributed force gives that cushion which is required to either not go into a skid or ease of coming out of one.....after introduction in the aviation industry it was introduced into formula one where it was appreciated as a feature which saved many lives...i guess the first road car to have it was the 96 S class Merc...if u guys remember it was heavily advertised as having a supreme stability feature and a prize for anyone who cud FLIP that car without an impact.
    For more info u guys can just google it up im sure u'll find articles on it.

@Devils apprentice
    Bro the term BA is the one u'll find with most manufacturers, however the term EBA is pretty much the same (just makes sense coz it IS an electronic feature). I guess suzuki refers to it as EBA...cheez tau aik hee hayna jigger.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ cute poison
    So tell me bro if the full brake cant be pressed due to panic (coz the driver probably had milliseconds to react) so then the BA wont work in ur opinion right? coz u said whenever the brake pedal is pressed FULL it works??? is it? u probably need to read a bit about it bro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well its been in da emirates since last year..wish it appears here unlike before..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any further news automaster
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    any further news automaster
    +1
    Eat________Sleep________&__________ Be Peepa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Visited local dealer today; as per their sales manager, prices are not getting further revised and 1.6 variant is not coming "soon" (5-6 months). He further added; if its coming its not till July for sure...Sep is safe guess and will be coined as 2012 model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Visited local dealer today; as per their sales manager, prices are not getting further revised and 1.6 variant is not coming "soon" (5-6 months). He further added; if its coming its not till July for sure...Sep is safe guess and will be coined as 2012 model.
    Bro they are the people who dont open their mouth otherwise their current sales will be very much affected as people will wait for new corolla if they tells.Its much likely to come in march because 2002 model was launched in march and also its facelift was launched in 2005 march around.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't think so Mubeen,
    It will come in 2012 if it's coming !
    "Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Beautiful CORPSE "
    How much horsepower gain do you get from your NOS sticker ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi bro. when is this corolla going to be launched in pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasir007 View Post
    I don't think so Mubeen,
    It will come in 2012 if it's coming !
    Well the car is ready as u can see in pics.They may be doing any testings on cng now and they will launch it before civic new model.Chance is strong in march or auguest
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree with mubeen...if it were to be launched after a year....why wud it be all ready at the factory now? its not like were carrying out wind tunnel testing at indus motors in Pakistan or some extremely scientific stuff that takes years...for Gods sake its an already developed car...just with a different engine and sum facelift...if they werent launching it soon it wudnt be ready in the factory either.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whatever the case is, if it DOES come in 1.6, man i m goin for it

rjs
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A well placed source confirmed to me that it is going to be launched in March this year. I trust him and believe in what he told me. So less than 60 days are left. Start counting days.....
    Keep it "Simple" and "Original"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

User Tag List