Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 2187
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: New corolla 2011 pictures and information

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    automaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  2. #481
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aqib_Shah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    24
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^@Aqib, a mixture of a trip-tronic gear with the Criuse Control.

    Trip-tronic, U can change the gears manualy in the auto tranny.

    Cruise Control, u can activate the cruise control at a certain speed (above 60km/h in case of Corolla,) you car stays at that speed (you dont need to use the accelerator). As soon as u hit the brakes, it deactivates.
    Thanks Alot Chinyoti bhai.

  3. #482
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    celica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,074
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In Gulf is only 1.6 and 1.8 version in corolla now.
    ALWAYS BE POSITIVE

  4. #483
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    @vajih
    so my platz wud most prolly be on sale finally IF the 1.6 is with 1ZR-FE (dual vvti)...not interested in old 3zz
    i saw mine an hour ago. man....it did send some memories down my brain.....will buy it back whenever i can.

  5. #484
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    2), The market has changed, changed alot then what it was at the times of se-saloon, Prices have gone so so so up. People do want a better car then the 1.3L Corolla, 1.8 is some how out of range, And due to the fact that Civic looks better, style icon, Corolla being offered the same body/chassis in 1.3 and 1.8, Civic enjoys that segment,

    With the launch of the 1.6 version many people would opt for it. (if i had a choice i would) as Honda has nothing in that range. And 1.3 Corolla seriusly feels slow.
    Please allow me to add on to your point that most of us would have prefer an auto car. 1.3A would not be possible but 1.6A is! Therefore Indus/Toyota is really listening to the market!!

    Lets appreciate this good 1.6 Corolla. Its nice if the engine is vvti and great if it is dual vvti.
    My only concern is that if it is dual vvti, even if it is 1.6, could cost more than the 1.8 vvti.

  6. #485
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celica View Post
    In Gulf is only 1.6 and 1.8 version in corolla now.
    Actually in alot of the world, its 1.6 and 1.8.
    I understand that in some countries, only Auto are offered. Totally no manual.

  7. #486
    PakWheeler Follow
    osk89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    any update on the launch date or any other news about the car ???
    Omar Khan

  8. #487
    PakWheeler Follow
    osk89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hi guys is there any update on the launch date ??/
    Omar Khan

  9. #488
    PakWheeler Follow
    khuziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osk89 View Post
    any update on the launch date or any other news about the car ???
    Million $ question!

  10. #489
    PakWheeler Follow
    cyberhulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    45
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Aqib_Shah

    Automatic Transmission and with Cruise Contol on the Corolla Altis

  11. #490
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    1), Whats so hard about the UH or UG, its just leather interior package,

    2), The market has changed, changed alot then what it was at the times of se-saloon, Prices have gone so so so up. People do want a better car then the 1.3L Corolla, 1.8 is some how out of range, And due to the fact that Civic looks better, style icon, Corolla being offered the same body/chassis in 1.3 and 1.8, Civic enjoys that segment,

    With the launch of the 1.6 version many people would opt for it. (if i had a choice i would) as Honda has nothing in that range. And 1.3 Corolla seriusly feels slow.
    Its a nice step and it will be hit as a lot of people who opt for civic base or even oriel models will come down to 1.6 as it will be cheap ,more fuel efficient and better resale.Civic only has few more sales approx 100 more than altis .I bet u if the shape of altis was different than xli or gli then civic sales would have been burried.For example 1.8 premio instead of altis or anyother car that matches this segment.
    Aunda Fan

  12. #491
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjadroohani View Post
    bro i think UG CIVIC was the 7th gen civic...n current is UH.....are u referring UG to a 8 gen or what...can't get it.....
    plus i personally think this 1.6 thing aint gonna be a success....as se saloon corolla was not a hit at all.....whatever toyota do...they can only sell xlis n glis...Altis is not a cash cow while the civic was and still is in both 1.6 and 1.8 classes respectively....
    Just like honda civic Exi and city steermatic....this toyota 1.6 will be dead and gone....
    r u kidding me exi was more succeess than vti oriel.Thats why civic sales in that days were good because of exi that was coming in gli range although was expensive but was better car than gli.And now they have discontinued exi thats why they are bankcrupt
    Aunda Fan

  13. #492
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if honda wants competition they should launch 1.6 civic or 1.5 civic .otherwise they will be bankcrupted soon
    Aunda Fan

  14. #493
    PakWheeler Follow
    khuziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    if honda wants competition they should launch 1.6 civic or 1.5 civic .otherwise they will be bankcrupted soon
    +1

  15. #494
    PakWheeler Follow
    khuziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What should be ideal price tag of this 1.6?

    1.8 Altis A/T : 17.90
    1.8 Civic iVTEC A/T : 17.84
    1.8 Altis M/T : 17.05 (Not Available)
    1.8 Civic iVTEC M/T : 16.63
    1.3 GLI : 14.62

    • If 1.6 Altis A/T is 17 or 17+; it will be joke I guess; even with SR; as 17.95 is 1.8 Altis A/T
    • If 1.6 Altis A/T is ~17; will it be worth comparing to 1.8 Civic iVTEC M/T; Cruistronic or 1.8L iVTEC will be nice match
    • If 1.6 Altis M/T is 16-17; will it be worth to have given 1.8 Civic iVTEC M/T is 16.63? I will definitely pick Civic due to its bigger engine and still comparable consumption due to iVTEC
    So I guess the ideal price tags will be 1.6 Altis A/T ~16.75 and 1.6 Altis M/T ~15.75

  16. #495
    PakWheeler Follow
    osk89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^ Very good analysis
    Omar Khan

  17. #496
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    r u kidding me exi was more succeess than vti oriel.Thats why civic sales in that days were good because of exi that was coming in gli range although was expensive but was better car than gli.And now they have discontinued exi thats why they are bankcrupt
    You need to change your economics teacher. Who is telling you the wrong definition of "BANKRUPTCY"

    1.8 Altis is being stripped due to TOYOTA's Bankruptcy in 1.8 segment. First get your facts right about Toyota before dragging Honda in your every mindless argument which leads to your banning most of the time.

    Now dont tell me PW admin is "honda fanboy"
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  18. #497
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Its a nice step and it will be hit as a lot of people who opt for civic base or even oriel models will come down to 1.6 as it will be cheap ,more fuel efficient and better resale.Civic only has few more sales approx 100 more than altis .I bet u if the shape of altis was different than xli or gli then civic sales would have been burried.For example 1.8 premio instead of altis or anyother car that matches this segment.
    100 more sales?

    Out of 1000 1800cc cars on the road, 700 are civic, 100 are Altis and other 100 are other imported vehicles.

    Didnt agree?

    Compare the sales of 1.6 Eagle Eye with SE Saloon. Now i guess you are intelligent enough to reconsider your traditional blabbering.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  19. #498
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Both of you are incorrect in your own definitions of bankruptcy. Honda isn't bankrupt but yes it has been in losses for a decade now. Not that it matters, because they have continually been getting investment from Honda Japan which is majority shareholder in Honda Atlas. I don't know why they are still continuing operations in Pakistan as none of their strategies seem to work (i.e. take the company into profit). One reason to continue may be brand image or reputation or good will etc. which is not represented on a balance sheet but is still a major factor affecting decision making.

    On the other hand, Toyota Indus guys are also not that far sighted or gifted that they would anticipate lower sales of 1.8 variant and act proactively to launch 1.6 or gain market share etc. There must be another run of the mill reason behind launching 1.6. We can all speculate all we want, but we wont get to know the actual reason till a year or two from now.

  20. #499
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Both of you are incorrect in your own definitions of bankruptcy. Honda isn't bankrupt but yes it has been in losses for a decade now. Not that it matters, because they have continually been getting investment from Honda Japan which is majority shareholder in Honda Atlas. I don't know why they are still continuing operations in Pakistan as none of their strategies seem to work (i.e. take the company into profit). One reason to continue may be brand image or reputation or good will etc. which is not represented on a balance sheet but is still a major factor affecting decision making.

    On the other hand, Toyota Indus guys are also not that far sighted or gifted that they would anticipate lower sales of 1.8 variant and act proactively to launch 1.6 or gain market share etc. There must be another run of the mill reason behind launching 1.6. We can all speculate all we want, but we wont get to know the actual reason till a year or two from now.
    We should rather thank Honda for not putting the old D16 and D15 powerplants in civic variants just to "grab" the market. No?
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  21. #500
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,268
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    r u kidding me exi was more succeess than vti oriel.Thats why civic sales in that days were good because of exi that was coming in gli range although was expensive but was better car than gli.And now they have discontinued exi thats why they are bankcrupt
    honda civic is available with 1.6 variant since new civic was launched in some asian countries....if u say they r bankrupt then why they have not launch 1.6 civic here??
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •