Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Like I said before, I've heard the XLi will be discontinued. And all those who say discontinuation of XLi will ruin Toyota's profits don't really know the mentality of people in Pakistan. When there's no XLi to buy, people will buy the GLi. Tha's how it has always worked in Pakistan.

Indus would be mad to end the production of 1300cc Corolla unless it has decided to introduce the Belta or something which it most certainly hasn't. Or if it decides to offer a ripped off version of the 1.6L Altis (steel wheels, no alloy rims, no airbags etc) at under or around 1.5 million.

Now I don't know if that is true. That's just my opinion of what Indus will probably be thinking. We'll just have to wait and see.

Those people who say the XLi/GLi isn't underpowered, well it is. Theoretically and practically too. Don't think I'm dissing Toyota here because I'm a huge Toyota fan. I'm just stating the facts. The 2NZ-FE found in the XLi/GLi was designed to be used in the Vitz, Platz and the Belta. Not the much heavier and bigger Corolla.

Indus is rich. And even if it decides to produce garbage sewn together as cars, people in Pakistan will buy it. Because hey, its a Toyota which means it'll last forever and ironically, it usually does. And people know and respect this fact.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    Like I said before, I've heard the XLi will be discontinued. And all those who say discontinuation of XLi will ruin Toyota's profits don't really know the mentality of people in Pakistan. When there's no XLi to buy, people will buy the GLi. Tha's how it has always worked in Pakistan.

Indus would be mad to end the production of 1300cc Corolla unless it has decided to introduce the Belta or something which it most certainly hasn't. Or if it decides to offer a ripped off version of the 1.6L Altis (steel wheels, no alloy rims, no airbags etc) at under or around 1.5 million.

Now I don't know if that is true. That's just my opinion of what Indus will probably be thinking. We'll just have to wait and see.

Those people who say the XLi/GLi isn't underpowered, well it is. Theoretically and practically too. Don't think I'm dissing Toyota here because I'm a huge Toyota fan. I'm just stating the facts. The 2NZ-FE found in the XLi/GLi was designed to be used in the Vitz, Platz and the Belta. Not the much heavier and bigger Corolla.

Indus is rich. And even if it decides to produce garbage sewn together as cars, people in Pakistan will buy it. Because hey, its a Toyota which means it'll last forever and ironically, it usually does. And people know and respect this fact.
    +1
    a very sensible post. i agree with what u have said brother. i have xli and i know it is underpowered, but the thing is most of us drive it in city and bas guzara hai. 1600 cc rolla would be much better in terms of power.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On the website of Toyota eastern motors Toyota Eastern Motors - ||where you stop, WE BEGIN!||
    There is a flash back of NEw corolla coming means in picture its having black mirrors and no fog lights means ripped off version of 1.6 GLI and Also can be more fully loaded variant of GLI and there will be only 1.6 be in production mean they will end 1.3 and 1.8 .

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    I second this statement. I learned it from a reliable source too.
    I was also told that "Molty Foam" supplies foam for "Corolla" here in Pakistan.
    Maybe that is why we call it comfortable.
    Dont be biased.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2zzzge View Post
    On the website of Toyota eastern motors Toyota Eastern Motors - ||where you stop, WE BEGIN!||
    There is a flash back of NEw corolla coming means in picture its having black mirrors and no fog lights means ripped off version of 1.6 GLI and Also can be more fully loaded variant of GLI and there will be only 1.6 be in production mean they will end 1.3 and 1.8 .
    I highly doubt about authenticity of the pictures on Toyota Eastern site; they must have ripped the images off some web site; Thai' Toyota might be!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the news is confirmed
    -the new altis is being launched in April
    -it will have 1zr-fe engine, dual vvti
    -6 speed manual and 5 speed auto trannies
    -rain sensor also there
    -price not yet finalised but not lesser than the current 1.8 altis

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys there is nothing to fuss about,i am pretty sure this thread is created by marketing department of indus motor co. as i already mentioned lets wait for it,i think it would be launched on 23rd of this month as same happened in 2002 when they first launched the 9th gen for the first time in pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    1)1.3L is not underpowered. Go ask 99% of the people who buy XLI/GLI in rural areas and urban areas

2)1.6L is not a new car. Se Saloon/1.6 GLI have been there for more than a decade and their sales sucked in front of XE/GLI/XLI

3)1.8L Altis is also here but you also know about its sales

Bottom line is 100 million Pakistanis love XLI/GLI. Go visit cities other than Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi and you will see 95 out of 100 people listing XLI/GLI as their dream car (just like you and me say Lamborghini or ferrari as our dream cars)

Don't be so naive. In Pakistan, cars dont get cheaper, they get more expensive! The new model civic will be for more than 2.2 million and new corolla will be more than 1.7million for 1.6l guaranteed. Toyota is not in the business of charity. Account for ground realities before making innocent statements

I am willing to bet XLI/GLI wont be discontinued. Are you?
    (Y)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    the news is confirmed
    -the new altis is being launched in April
    -it will have 1zr-fe engine, dual vvti
    -6 speed manual and 5 speed auto trannies
    -rain sensor also there
    -price not yet finalised but not lesser than the current 1.8 altis

r u sure cuz in thailand corolla they have 4 speed auto tranny even with 1ZR-FE ????
    Omar Khan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it has 6 gears ???
    If Only Everything in Life was as Reliable as a Diesel. Because Compressed Natural Gas Can't Drive.
    "Member ANTI-CNG Club"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just happened to talk to a sales guy from toyota and he was like "There were plans to launch an FF CNG but later they were dropped". As for XLi/GLi being discontinued - he was accepting booking for GLi and said that the planned delivery date (due to the number of cars already booked for delivery before me) would be like somewhere after mid of April. Therefore GLi doesnt seem to be discontinued.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rain sensing vipers in local corolla? Niceeee!!
    They should rather give original indash player with climate control, immobolizer and GOOD TIRES.
    But anyways, something is better then nothing.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^Agree with you man. If I'm spending 1.6-1.8 million on a car, I want that the tires at least be worth using.

And if this is going to cost equal to the outgoing 1.8 Altis, then it is bye bye Altis and welcome Civic VTi!

BTW continuing the above discussion with regards to the engine in XLi/GLi, the international Corolla boasts of the 1NR-FE (1329cc) dual VVT-i engine which produces 101 bhp and 132 Nm of torque. Now if Toyota had introduced that engine in the Corolla instead of the 2NZ-FE with VVT-i, there would have been zero complaints of XLi/GLi being underpowered.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1)1.3L is not underpowered. Go ask 99% of the people who buy XLI/GLI in rural areas and urban areas............
    have you ever driven the current shape Corolla?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And if this is going to cost equal to the outgoing 1.8 Altis, then it is bye bye Altis and welcome Civic VTi!
    +1, This is what in my mind too...Altis 1.8 without Sunroof was 17.05 (M/T) and 17.90 (Cruisetronic) Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic without Sunroof should definitely be less than 17. I planned for GLI in January but didnt liked its drive...since then had been collecting funds and revising my budget. If Altis 1.6 is announced with insane price tags I will go with Civic 1.8 iVTEC Manual (Currently 16.62)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    1)1.3L is not underpowered. Go ask 99% of the people who buy XLI/GLI in rural areas and urban areas
    More importantly; have you tried any other 1.3L alternative; say City iVTEC...be cool dont want to spoil the thread; GLI is definitely underpowered and it can be taken care by Indus if they start offering latest engines and stop extortioning us; the Pakistani Customers. As jayb mentioned the new 1NR-FE can be right combination with heavier body of latest shape XLIs/GLIs

BTW continuing the above discussion with regards to the engine in XLi/GLi, the international Corolla boasts of the 1NR-FE (1329cc) dual VVT-i engine which produces 101 bhp and 132 Nm of torque. Now if Toyota had introduced that engine in the Corolla instead of the 2NZ-FE with VVT-i, there would have been zero complaints of XLi/GLi being underpowered.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What if i say, Daihatsu Terios was just an experiment to see weather people would buy a pricy Daihatsu or not? and to make a small investment rather then a huge one, And that Daihatsu Terious Experiment was a success to. ??
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    CNG has no future in Pakistan due to chronic gas shortage. Now the SNGPL is saying that gas loadshedding will continue till June. They are diverting gas to rental power projects to meet the massive short fall in power generation due to monstrous circular debt on account of furnace oil.

Above all when Indus can sell Corollas without CNG, then why it needs to offer one with FF CNG which needs more investment and likely to add to already high price tag?
    Its being done world over, so y not in Pakistan, and investment, all of the parts are outsourced, only fitted in the factory,

And investment, (all bookings are done on advance payment) the cost is totaly being transfered to the consumer.

And the consumer thinks its for there betterment only, plus the consumer gets warranty on cng equipment plus any issues that come in the car after cng.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    No I havn't

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ its realy not as gud as the 9th Gen, and the figures on the Indus website, when 2nz vvti came out showed it had less horses then then non vvti version.

Plus the bigger heavier body, makes it even worse, when u come across a speed breaker u need to switch to 1st gear again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

User Tag List