Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 2187
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: New corolla 2011 pictures and information

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    automaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  2. #841
    PakWheeler Follow
    khuziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    What I heard, from someone who used to be in Indus formerly, was that there is a new 1000 CC car coming up and there's a possibility it will be a sedan and a hatch. That's why they're considering phasing out the 1300CC model and having one engine in the Corolla line up. There is also pressure from Toyota Japan to do this.
    Etios can be new 1.3L offering in Pakistan from Toyota? It has both sedan and hatchback body styles...Its got NR engine and its 1NR-FE version is 1329cc

  3. #842
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Today i have booked GLI from Toyota Capital in Medium Silver. Expected delivery date is 2nd or 3rd week of April with the lame excuses about Japan incident, that the delivery might be delayed because of parts import from japan.
    Let's wait and see when it comes under my foot

  4. #843
    Site Banned Follow
    Ashfaq87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    756
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^ its realy not as gud as the 9th Gen, and the figures on the Indus website, when 2nz vvti came out showed it had less horses then then non vvti version.

    Plus the bigger heavier body, makes it even worse, when u come across a speed breaker u need to switch to 1st gear again.
    so true !!

  5. #844
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmsts View Post
    Today i have booked GLI from Toyota Capital in Medium Silver. Expected delivery date is 2nd or 3rd week of April with the lame excuses about Japan incident, that the delivery might be delayed because of parts import from japan.
    Let's wait and see when it comes under my foot
    April is great, yesterday i was there at Toyota Central karachi, to get my car serviced, the display board said, Gli delivery (may)

    While only Xli and deisel variants were avalible same month and a price list was also given.

    Btw ur booking form on top right/left would/should have tentaive delivery period mentioned.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  6. #845
    PakWheeler Follow
    agecoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    711
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i went to toyata showroom they told me that they will not launch any model before 3years.

  7. #846
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahir186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    45
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Chinyoti
    Any prices you remember? Am particularly interested in the gli price or any data that would make the guessing easier.
    Thanks

  8. #847
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    ^ Prices arent disclosed yet. So no ones sure about them, but someone on this thread mentioned there taking bookings for a million and rest of the payment on delivery.

    yes Xlis 1337,000 price was written on the board. and Altis 1.8 all models said N/A (not avalible) and deisel variants prices were also there i guess.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  9. #848
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys
    here is another gift of Mr. 10% , GLI Price increased by 20000/= and now its 1482000/= and you will hear soon another price increase by Indus at end of March. Surely it will go around 1510000/=
    Yesterday i handed over the pay order of 1462000/= and Today they are asking they will send my booking to Indus after receiving another 20000 draft.but this time its not Indus its CED revised (1% to 2.5%) by Mr. 10%.

  10. #849
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    No I havn't
    that's the point my friend. your protective tone showed you were unaware about its drawbacks. following is the reply i would've given. thanks chinyoti!

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^ its realy not as gud as the 9th Gen, and the figures on the Indus website, when 2nz vvti came out showed it had less horses then then non vvti version.

    Plus the bigger heavier body, makes it even worse, when u come across a speed breaker u need to switch to 1st gear again.
    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmsts View Post
    ...........delivery might be delayed because of parts import from japan.........
    and Indus often showed off that 90 % of the parts were locally produced. i knew this would happen along with:

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmsts View Post
    Guys
    here is another gift of Mr. 10% , GLI Price increased by 20000/= and now its 1482000/= and you will hear soon another price increase by Indus at end of March. Surely it will go around 1510000/-.........
    Why didn't you wait till the launch of the new version? or are you being smart to be one ov the first ones to get a delivery ov that?

  11. #850
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    that's the point my friend. your protective tone showed you were unaware about its drawbacks. following is the reply i would've given. thanks chinyoti!
    IF gli was underpowered how do you explain thousands of GLI & XLI sold when City which is much faster and adequately powered is more than Rs. 100,000 cheaper and has 1/10th the sales?

    And while we are it, have you driven the GLI? Do you own one? Have you driven a GLI with 5 people and trunk full of luggage up the Nathia Gali Hills?

    As far as drawbacks/owning the car are concerned, I answered "NO" earlier because I feel owning a car shouldn't be a certificate enough to warrant an educated discussion but since people feel it is, here you go

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ew-corolla-gli
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...ories-my-altis

    Not only I own the current shape GLI but also a Altis S/R Cruisetronic. Will now you believe my word that GLI isn't underpowered? Yes I have traveled up the hills of Nathia Galli with 5 people and trunk full of luggage and not once did I had any problems overtaking someone or navigating the climbs.

  12. #851
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_kh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    man come on slow down mani its just a discussion
    now allow me to show u some facts ,,,, city is 73 kw(abt 99 hp) and xli/gli is 63 (abt 85.6 hp) and a standerd xli is 150 kg havier then city,,,, u know maths right as for the hills 4 yrs ago wn i had a mehran i drove it wt 4 ppl inside to naran and shugran and many places nearby its mostly how u drive my friend failed get his city 07 up to shugran its how u drive,,,,
    yes city sales r low its due to the production capability of atlas honda they r making 500-700 civic and 750-900 city per month where as toyota is making 3700-4500 corolla per month is there plant capacity,,,,

    u have a right to express yr mind,,, others have too and every 1 has there point....
    -

  13. #852
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,581
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    People complaining cow being underpowered kindly clarify if they say it with CNG or Petrol?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  14. #853
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    IF gli was underpowered how do you explain thousands of GLI & XLI sold when City which is much faster and adequately powered is more than Rs. 100,000 cheaper and has 1/10th the sales?

    And while we are it, have you driven the GLI? Do you own one? Have you driven a GLI with 5 people and trunk full of luggage up the Nathia Gali Hills?

    As far as drawbacks/owning the car are concerned, I answered "NO" earlier because I feel owning a car shouldn't be a certificate enough to warrant an educated discussion but since people feel it is, here you go

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ew-corolla-gli
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...ories-my-altis

    Not only I own the current shape GLI but also a Altis S/R Cruisetronic. Will now you believe my word that GLI isn't underpowered? Yes I have traveled up the hills of Nathia Galli with 5 people and trunk full of luggage and not once did I had any problems overtaking someone or navigating the climbs.
    On a polite note, you really think engine performance figures have anything to do with sales figures in Pakistan?
    And as for a matter of fact, even a mehran can overtake anything in Nathia Gali and adjoining areas. Its all about slope angle, traffic conditions etc.

    As you're well educated, compare the power to weight ratio of both cars and do compare it with 9th generation Gli while doing the maths. Iam not at all saying Gli is crap or anything just because it cannot reach 60mph in XYZ seconds. Come on we're not dealing with V8s or V12s here.

    The whole point is, Gli was supposed to have atleast 10-20 more hp in its new model considering the 150KG added weight.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  15. #854
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,144
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Well if 10th gen GLI/Xli is underpowered or not but it sure is slow then the 9th gen so thats alll LOL
    RIP

  16. #855
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Well if 10th gen GLI/Xli is underpowered or not but it sure is slow then the 9th gen so thats alll LOL
    Somehow i enjoy driving 9th generation corolla. Car seems to be flying especially in rural areas when some slopes come and all your organs jump and one feels ticklish . I dont know the reason for that fun yet
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  17. #856
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    On a polite note, you really think engine performance figures have anything to do with sales figures in Pakistan?
    And as for a matter of fact, even a mehran can overtake anything in Nathia Gali and adjoining areas. Its all about slope angle, traffic conditions etc.

    As you're well educated, compare the power to weight ratio of both cars and do compare it with 9th generation Gli while doing the maths. Iam not at all saying Gli is crap or anything just because it cannot reach 60mph in XYZ seconds. Come on we're not dealing with V8s or V12s here.

    The whole point is, Gli was supposed to have atleast 10-20 more hp in its new model considering the 150KG added weight.
    Engine performance has an indirect link with sales. Heres how

    If a car is underpowered, people wouldn't buy it. It is as simple as that. Take a look around and you will find that over 90% of GLI sales can be categorized as

    1)It is the Main car at home (usually in rural areas and urban middle classes)
    2)It is the second main car at home (usually in urban areas)
    3)It is 3rd or 4th car at home and in use of family or children (usually in urban upper middle class)

    The first 2 classes occupy bulk of the sales e.g. take a look around in cities other than Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi and you will find that almost everyone has a GLI. Why do you think the first two classes buy GLI? Why would these people buy GLI if it is underpowered? If it is underpowered they could have opted for Honda City or previous model Se Saloon or 06 Civic or swift or they could have added 3 lacs more and opted for Altis. Remember they are already paying humongous amount of 15 lacs for a GLI so adding 3 lacs isn't difficult for them.

    I have lived in Rahim Yar Khan and have friends over there who have GLIs, each and everyone of them. When I inquired that why don't they buy Altis (all of them can easily afford one, being landlords and transporters) as it is more powerful, all of them said that GLI is adequate for their needs, is fast enough, is reliable and has excellent sale. None of them mentioned lack of power or anything.

    Plus, I myself own a GLI apart from owning Altis and Civic (amongst local cars). I have also owned almost every variant of all corollas and civics in the last 10 years. If the current GLI was underpowered in any respect, I would have said it. I don't have to defend GLI's resale on internet forums, (as it is already strong as an iron) and neither is it my favorite or personal car

  18. #857
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Engine performance has an indirect link with sales. Heres how

    If a car is underpowered, people wouldn't buy it. It is as simple as that. Take a look around and you will find that over 90% of GLI sales can be categorized as

    1)It is the Main car at home (usually in rural areas and urban middle classes)
    2)It is the second main car at home (usually in urban areas)
    3)It is 3rd or 4th car at home and in use of family or children (usually in urban upper middle class)

    The first 2 classes occupy bulk of the sales e.g. take a look around in cities other than Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi and you will find that almost everyone has a GLI. Why do you think the first two classes buy GLI? Why would these people buy GLI if it is underpowered? If it is underpowered they could have opted for Honda City or previous model Se Saloon or 06 Civic or swift or they could have added 3 lacs more and opted for Altis. Remember they are already paying humongous amount of 15 lacs for a GLI so adding 3 lacs isn't difficult for them.

    I have lived in Rahim Yar Khan and have friends over there who have GLIs, each and everyone of them. When I inquired that why don't they buy Altis (all of them can easily afford one, being landlords and transporters) as it is more powerful, all of them said that GLI is adequate for their needs, is fast enough, is reliable and has excellent sale. None of them mentioned lack of power or anything.

    Plus, I myself own a GLI apart from owning Altis and Civic (amongst local cars). I have also owned almost every variant of all corollas and civics in the last 10 years. If the current GLI was underpowered in any respect, I would have said it. I don't have to defend GLI's resale on internet forums, (as it is already strong as an iron) and neither is it my favorite or personal car
    That is the whole issue. GLi is adequate for transporting people from point A to point B. Gli cannot boast about its performance, as being a 1300cc it still gives if not more then equal fuel comsumption if we compare it to Altis. On highway, a manual Gli will never cross 15 without AC where as Altis is known for 14 km/l which is a negligible difference comparing the performance of 1.8 and 1.3. The simple reason is, GLi's rpm has to revive at higher ratios to reach a certain speed then Atlis 1.8s. I bet, the new 1.6 variant will have BETTER fuel consumption then Gli (If dual vvti is introduced).

    As for more people buying GLi over City, you do understand the class difference between "COROLLA" and "City". Which means a person going for City will think, "oh wait, why shouldnt i buy GLi which is a "COROLLA GADDI" with a big boot and can be modified to look like an Altis?" Which is being done regularaly here on Pakwheels aswell.

    Incase Belta 1.3 is introduced at "CHEAPER" rate then GLi, People will still buy 1.3 GLi because Betla is a SMALL car and GLi is a BIG car! Hence the sales of Gli will always be on top. The whole point is, atleast in Pakistan, sales figures donnot justify the "quality" OR "performance figures" of a car.

    If you still donnot agree, answer a simple question, What will you prefer?

    A powerful BMW 550i or a BMW 730d? You do get the point now right?
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  19. #858
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @mani, GLi takes lead in higher number sale to City because of some factors.

    1) adding 1 lack in 13 lacks is no big deal for any one.
    2) You get a bigger car
    3) Hondas are fragile. Toyotas are tough (specialy in rough driving conditions)
    4) Gli by far, enjoys the best resale in the 1.3L category.
    5) It does feel better to park a Gli, rather then a City.
    6) Corolla due to its mature looks attracts every one. City has a young look old people realy dont like it.

    And several other factors.... The basic point is as @Qwerty said, some how the 10th Gen Corolla is just not as gud as the 9th Gen Corolla. Thats all id like to say.

    Now lets not starts a Corolla City war here.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  20. #859
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    People complaining cow being underpowered kindly clarify if they say it with CNG or Petrol?

    CNG is out of the question, were just saying that the 10th Gen Corolla isnt as fast, responsive as the 9th Gen Corolla.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  21. #860
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    That is the whole issue. GLi is adequate for transporting people from point A to point B. Gli cannot boast about its performance as being a 1300cc it still gives if not more then equal fuel comsumption.
    GLI or any GLI owner will never boast about its performance because, as you correctly said, it is a 1300cc car. It is neither underpowered nor overpowered. It is adequately powered considering it is a 1300cc car. A GLI owner does not expects the car to beat Altis or Civic in drags or on highways. All such GLI owners are content with their rides.

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    On highway, a manual Gli will never cross 15 without AC where as Altis is known for 14 km/l which is a negligible difference comparing the performance of 1.8 and 1.3.
    I have clocked 16km/ltr with A/C on motorway with 2 people in the car. However mileage figures are redundant since we are debating whether GLI is underpowered or not

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    The simple reason is, GLi's rpm has to revive at higher ratios to reach a certain speed then Atlis 1.8s. I bet, the new 1.6 variant will have BETTER fuel consumption then Gli (If dual vvti is introduced).
    1.6 (dual vvti) if launched may have better power and consumption but that once again isn't relevant to the debate whether the current GLI is underpowered or not. This whole thread is based on an assumption that the dual vvti is being launched while there is a strong case against it being launched. Do you think that 90% of corolla buyers know or care about engine specs? NO.

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    As for more people buying GLi over City, you do understand the class difference between "COROLLA" and "City". Which means a person going for City will think, "oh wait, why shouldnt i buy GLi which is a "COROLLA GADDI" with a big boot and can be modified to look like an Altis?" Which is being done regularaly here on Pakwheels aswell.
    Actually no. In RYK, I saw at least 100 GLIs, and not a single one of them converted into Altis. Here in lahore, hardly 5% are converted into Altis which can be confirmed from Toyota dealerships. Btw doesn't this statement of your goes against your stand that City is better than GLI ?

    Also let me tell you that people in smaller urban cities or rural areas are more touchy about engine power than you might be lead to believe. Highway races are abundant and even within city, people take pride in the fact that their car is fastest in the area. I partially agree with your point that GLI has other features too on top of City, which contribute towards its higher sales, but trust me, if it was underpowered, the sales would have been much lower.

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Incase Belta 1.3 is introduced at "CHEAPER" rate then GLi, People will still buy 1.3 GLi because Betla is a SMALL car and GLi is a BIG car! Hence the sales of Gli will always be on top. The whole point is, atleast in Pakistan, sales figures donnot justify the "quality" OR "performance figures" of a car.
    Agreed but once again my point above applies

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    If you still donnot agree, answer a simple question, What will you prefer?

    A powerful BMW 550i or a BMW 730d? You do get the point now right?
    730d please


    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    @mani, GLi takes lead in higher number sale to City because of some factors.

    1) adding 1 lack in 13 lacks is no big deal for any one.
    2) You get a bigger car
    3) Hondas are fragile. Toyotas are tough (specialy in rough driving conditions)
    4) Gli by far, enjoys the best resale in the 1.3L category.
    5) It does feel better to park a Gli, rather then a City.
    6) Corolla due to its mature looks attracts every one. City has a young look old people realy dont like it.

    And several other factors.... The basic point is as @Qwerty said, some how the 10th Gen Corolla is just not as gud as the 9th Gen Corolla. Thats all id like to say.

    Now lets not starts a Corolla City war here.
    I have said above that even though all points people mention in favor of GLI are correct, if it was underpowered, sales would have been much lower than people here tend to believe. Bulk of GLI owners (in smaller cities and rural areas) are more touchy about performance than us living ir big cities because they regularly travel on highways (where power is needed) and because youngsters in such areas drive rashly (they dont have speed cameras/police etc)

    As far as 07 GLI being better than '10 GLI, this couldn't be more farther from the truth. I own both cars NOW, and I invite you to see and test BOTH OF THEM simultaneously. the '10 GLI is much better in ALL aspects. To sweeten up the competition, my 07 GLI has 15" rims and SP Sport 9000 tires while 10" GLI has Eurostar tires but still '10 GLI is much better in performance and braking. The looks, interior, exterior and overall feel of the '10 is also much much better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •