Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ I wont mind inviting u either, Ure most welcome to come and drive my 9th and 10th Gen Corollas side by side, On by one as you like.

Other then speed, and being responsive, the 10th Gen is a zillion times better, the driving position of the 10th Gen Gli Corolla is a zillion times better then the 9th Gen Gli
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^ I wont mind inviting u either, Ure most welcome to come and drive my 9th and 10th Gen Corollas side by side, On by one as you like.

Other then speed, and being responsive, the 10th Gen is a zillion times better, the driving position of the 10th Gen Gli Corolla is a zillion times better then the 9th Gen Gli
    I dont need to as it is already my stance. If you also agree then why this statement of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    And several other factors.... The basic point is as @Qwerty said, some how the 10th Gen Corolla is just not as gud as the 9th Gen Corolla. Thats all id like to say.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry to intervene MANI 1 and chonyoti bhai
    im really screwed these days// my father almost every day get angry on me becoz i stopped him to book corolla gli.
    now today he learned that car prices increase he got angry again,,the reason for my stopping him was this THREAD i saw new corolla pics and people are saying that this will come in june so im telling my father to wait till june,,,another reason is i think the body of gli is big while the engine is not enough campatiable to it body..
    So what should i do
    OPTION
    1) Should i wait for this new model?
    2) should i but the current gli?
    3) Or should i save money and buy altis ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    im really screwed these days// my father almost every day get angry on me becoz i stopped him to book corolla gli.
    now today he learned that car prices increase he got angry again,,the reason for my stopping him was this THREAD i saw new corolla pics and people are saying that this will come in june so im telling my father to wait till june,,,another reason is i think the body of gli is big while the engine is not enough campatiable to it body..
    So what should i do
    OPTION
    Sir I can't really help you out. There are very strong rumors about a shape change. I don't know whether an engine change is going to take place or not but a shape change/facelift is very much likely. However let me tell you that facelift WILL be more expensive than current prices. Do not expect to get the new facelift corolla at current prices. Now the decision is yours

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    I dont need to as it is already my stance. If you also agree then why this statement of yours?

I only meant the responsivness of the engine. Other then that obviusly the 10th Gen Corolla is a bigger, better car when compared to the 9th Gen.

Let me correct my misleading statement.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    So what should i do
    OPTION

Fiker nae kero, tension leine ka koi faida nae hai, bookings for new Corolla is only being done on 1 million, rest of the payment would be done on delivery, Which means, what ever the new price is, youll have to pay that.

1, If ure booking a car ul get the new facelifted car.
    2, The ones avalible are pre-produced car, which mean ul have to pay own/premium or maybe ul get a car on control price or even under invoce. due to rumours of a facelifted model.

3, Altis 1.8 isnt avalible, check ur local dealers maybe someone has one standing, other then that the 1.8L variant has been discontinued.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote:
    Originally Posted by airomerix
    If you still donnot agree, answer a simple question, What will you prefer?

A powerful BMW 550i or a BMW 730d? You do get the point now right?
    730d please
    Sir this exactly the point airomerix was trying to make. People in Pakistan will buy slower, heavier underpowered cars because they are BIG, rather than buy small, light powerful cars because they are SMALL. You just said this yourself too. You'll have the less powerful 7 series because its a 7 series.

What we're trying to say here is that the 10th Gen is underpowered when COMPARED to the 9th gen. Maybe underpowered is the wrong word to use here; less responsive is better. You do agree with that right? The 10th gen GLi is less responsive than the 9th gen GLi.

Yes the 10th gen rides beautifully, brakes beautifully, goes from point A to B beautifully. There is no problem with the car per se. But when we compare it to the 9th gen, the car feels less responsive. I hope that clears up the confusion.

BTW,

For how much is the current shape Corolla selling from the showrooms (non-facelift) now that the FED has gone up from 1% to 2.5%?

Or is Toyota going to increase the prices only once after the launch of the facelift?
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nowadays I am driving the new Xli (2009 model) and surely it is underpowered.
    If you are driving it on motorway then you can't feel much difference but driving on hilly areas make clear that car responsiveness is very less.
    I think internationally Corolla is not coming with this underpowered engine. Indus Corolla have done this experiment because they know that only 2,3 % people in Pakistan know the technical details of the car before buying it. Most people in Pakistan think that cc (Cubic Centimeter) is the unit of Power. And if two cars are 1300cc then their power must be equal.
    The earlier model of Corolla is quite responsive but it has breaking issues. And the people living in villages owning those models of Corollas are not willing to accept that it has breaking issues. Its like a frog who has lived all his life in a well.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The real issue I think is Indus does too much extortioning. For instance
    • there is no point of having XLI variant...its 21st century; and they somehow still want to sell car with 80s/90s things; manual windows; no ABS.
    • GLI is over priced; there are missing goodies..even door handles are not matched; if Suzuki can give rims and Bridgestone tyres in Swift DLX; why Indus (and even Atlas) cant? Corolla's body no doubt is well built; but charging more than 1 lakhs just for that and then extortioning by not offering competitive luxury things (see how poor door handles are comparing to City) and above all giving an old engine is very inordinateness.
    • Indus dont give us latest engines
      • Learn from City; I liked their offerings; manual or automatic. No XLI/GLI topi drama. You get everything..ABS, matching door handles, chromed putti above back number plate; chrome finish on dholki now and not to forget the latest iVTEC engine...this is exactly why I picked City 09 when it came out with iVTEC; everything was included in the deal.
      • They should either merge GLI and XLI. If not; XLI should be technically equal to GLI and GLI should have more luxury items; like better audio; wood panels; rims. GLI Auto will also be well received (competiing with City-AT). If you want Automatic Indus Corolla; the first offering is Altis M/T (damn high entry point)
      • And please; dont treat us as dumping market; give us latest engines
    • Even top of line Altis has missing goodies
      • still no chrome in back; no chrome in front grill...how dull Altis is looking in above pictures...you dont feel you are buying top of line thing
      • unmatched audio system; see how cool in-dash stereo Civic has..
      • inferior cooling system; even City A/C is better than Altis. I heard that Indus give us locally made A/C and Atlas give us some imported one; not confirmed; but see how big cooling unit of City or Civic is comparing to Corolla...if some additional power is available; that can be fed to a better cooling system; provided Indus gives us latest more powerful engines and dont do too much extortioning

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even Indus' 3S dealers are tricky to deal with...
    • They will not tell you facelift is coming; they will still try to give you existing one with latest invoice; 1.5% additional FED one. Their "own" drama and how they first try to sell the investment cars; I am still unable to understand this business model
      • How much nakhras they show when you go there to book the car; demand Tax document and insist on draft; which they can easily take print out with ID Card info from FBR site i think; I remember when I went to Honda; they just took the photocopy of my ID card and booked the car on simple check.
      • I remember how nicely Honda guys delivered the car; the sale person gave us due time ensuring everything is in order; when we went to pick Cuore; we had to get its doors greased as they were not well greased and how uncool that expereince was; as they were not accepting the problem and sale person was not bothering to come out of the office!
    • Their after sale service is inferior comparing to Honda
      • Less warranty period; less free services; with City I got first three services free; I kept my City for 22,000Kms and I literally paid just for fuels and filters only; just 750Rs once out of four services in about two years
      • Their service charges are generally "more"
    • I also noticed that Indus dealer somehow dont like you staying with car while its being serviced; they keep asking go to lounge..
      • how one can learn there is no ECU cover or any other minor work that should get done before it gets serious..(and Indus dealer can make money by selling parts and more labour)
      • this also happens at Atlas dealers too; but they dont insist that much and their workers are more friendly in giving advices like once some road stone hit my City' condensor; they gave friendly advice that I should get it soldered from outside and even gave contact / address of the best guy for doing this job; they extracted the grill which I get repaired from outside and get the gas filled from Atlas dealer; they only charged for gas filling and very minimal charges for all the other work which included loosing the whole front bumper to get the grill out and checking / ensuring leakages etc
    I went to Indus dealer for my wife's Cuore service; 5000 free one; 6 month time was elapsed as my wife drive not that much; they charged me full; after so much maghz mari with their arrogant and aged manager and giving examples how good Honda after sale service is; they eventually offered 50% discount. For my free 15,000 free service @ Honda; my time was also elapsed; I didnt took the warranty book; their accountant said dont worry bring the book @ 20,000 and we will give you free service; even knowing my 15,000 time was elapsed too

My wife hit her car; I took it to the 3s dealer; they asked 5000 for denting/painting; after too much negotiation they were not coming down from 3500. I took the car to Honda for second opinion; they just know me as I had been there 2, 3 times for my City's free services; they only charged me 2500 and even painted the whole front bumper. Seeing this I get the rear bumper painted as well for just 1000Rs as it had few scratches too; you know such things happen when ladies start learning! I showed Indus dealer their invoice and quality of work; they were speechless; but they are so much dheet!...after these two incidents; I never been to that dealer again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Pretty scary experiences.

BTW iam looking for a used Altis SR Cruisetronic. Iam waiting for facelift model to come out so that the owners can demand a little less.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    IF gli was underpowered how do you explain thousands of GLI & XLI sold when City which is much faster and adequately powered is more than Rs. 100,000 cheaper and has 1/10th the sales?

And while we are it, have you driven the GLI? Do you own one? Have you driven a GLI with 5 people and trunk full of luggage up the Nathia Gali Hills?

As far as drawbacks/owning the car are concerned, I answered "NO" earlier because I feel owning a car shouldn't be a certificate enough to warrant an educated discussion but since people feel it is, here you go

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ew-corolla-gli
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...ories-my-altis

Not only I own the current shape GLI but also a Altis S/R Cruisetronic. Will now you believe my word that GLI isn't underpowered? Yes I have traveled up the hills of Nathia Galli with 5 people and trunk full of luggage and not once did I had any problems overtaking someone or navigating the climbs.
    1. first you said you haven't driven. now you are talking all this. which part am i to believe?

2. Mehran probably sells much more than Corolla. can you now say that is the best because it is almost every person's first car?

be rational and not sentiMENTAL.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any news???
    Omar Khan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

100% Agreed with Vahih 102 & 200% Disagree with Osk89.

How can you compare Toyotas with Honda.

At the moment Honda is making only 15 types of cars.and Toyota is more than 59 types of cars.(Sipmly search from pakwheels search)
    I think the coparison of toyota with Honda is a huge waitage of time.

Simply Load 5 Healthy persons in your City.i shall do the same in my Xli and race.I shall proove that the Gli/Xli is not underpowered.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by osk89 View Post
    Any news???
    This has to be the funniest and/or most pertinent question in this thread.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^lmao

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
    This has to be the funniest and/or most pertinent question in this thread.

i was asking about the launch date
    Omar Khan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

at least i tried to stop the fight thats going on in the previous posts
    Omar Khan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    100% Agreed with Vahih 102 & 200% Disagree with Osk89.

How can you compare Toyotas with Honda.

At the moment Honda is making only 15 types of cars.and Toyota is more than 59 types of cars.(Sipmly search from pakwheels search)
    I think the coparison of toyota with Honda is a huge waitage of time.

Simply Load 5 Healthy persons in your City.i shall do the same in my Xli and race.I shall proove that the Gli/Xli is not underpowered.

ooo bhai main ne kiya keh diya ??????
    Omar Khan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers