Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2187
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: New corolla 2011 pictures and information

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    automaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  2. #1421
    PakWheeler Follow
    osk89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    still waiting for launch 4 months ho gai
    Omar Khan

  3. #1422
    PakWheeler Follow
    MK77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    353
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @khurram_aziz:

    It's very much true that the Tiptronic is dropped from 1.6L Altis.
    Altis will be launched in May but, its delivery time would be little longer (unless one pays extra for ready delivery).

  4. #1423
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khurram_aziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK77 View Post
    @khurram_aziz:

    It's very much true that the Tiptronic is dropped from 1.6L Altis.
    Damn! Indus sux! This was the only feature Altis had which distinguished it from other local sedans

  5. #1424
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarspk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,085
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    people will prefer to buy Altis instead of Civic VTI

  6. #1425
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khurram_aziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarspk View Post
    people will prefer to buy Altis instead of Civic VTI
    What made you say this? There is no competition in 1.8...I myself has got Civic VTi few days back.
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

  7. #1426
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rahatmallick1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1 View Post
    Stop buying these craps simple Solution !! .and give these Bludy people a Big slap on their pathetic faces .. !!
    Bro I would seriously recommend you to chill, you are not the boss of anybody to tell what to buy and before you ask, yes as a corolla owner, I find this as offensive. You may like Honda's or whatever but that's your choice because its your money. Plus if a person thinks he maybe happier in a corolla which costs 16.5M PKR, why are you getting so jumped up about it ?
    Normality is relative; so, nobody's normal.
    Khuda hamaray waledain ka saya hamesha hamare saron par qaim rakhay...

  8. #1427
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    What made you say this? There is no competition in 1.8...I myself has got Civic VTi few days back.
    Oh Congrats, btw if we luk at the gear box in the pics, theres something next D, its probably not (+-) for trip tronic, something definetly is there. Isnt it?

    It goes like
    P
    R
    N
    D-(something else is also here)
    2
    L
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  9. #1428
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    About the launch, forget it for a while, Toyota Indus has officialy shut down its plant till further notice.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  10. #1429
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khurram_aziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post

    Oh Congrats, btw if we luk at the gear box in the pics, theres something next D, its probably not (+-) for trip tronic, something definetly is there. Isnt it?

    It goes like
    P
    R
    N
    D-(something else is also here)
    2
    L
    thanks...

    i am wishing that this facelift Altis continue to have the Cruisetronic feature..Cruise Control + Tiptronic thing. I will push my dad to the limit to replace his SE Saloon with this one
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

  11. #1430
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    thanks...

    i am wishing that this facelift Altis continue to have the Cruisetronic feature..Cruise Control + Tiptronic thing. I will push my dad to the limit to replace his SE Saloon with this one

    The Cruise control would probably be there, Or else theres no point of buying a Altis, Who needs retract mirrors and rain sensors and fog lamps in Pakistan. ?

    Indus motors pricing shows that they charge around a 100k for auto trany. which means if there was a manual Gli it would be around 1579. Where as Gli 1.3 is 15.29 (50k more who would mind paying it?).

    The difference btwn Altis 1.6 and Gli auto arent more then that off a Swift Dlx and Swift DX so the 130k pricing is to me justified.

    But once again, The Civic Vti MT used to cost 1665 when Altis MT was 1705, Now VTI MT costs 1735. Ive a feeling Altis mt might be more pricer too.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  12. #1431
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,581
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    thanks...

    i am wishing that this facelift Altis continue to have the Cruisetronic feature..Cruise Control + Tiptronic thing. I will push my dad to the limit to replace his SE Saloon with this one
    The auto transmission in upcoming Altis is more advanced than in the previous generation it is geared towards greater fuel economy and yet better performance and it is Super ECT. It has Cruise Control option. The thing on the side of D is probably equivalent of S mode in Vitz
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  13. #1432
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    The auto transmission in upcoming Altis is more advanced than in the previous generation it is geared towards greater fuel economy and yet better performance and it is Super ECT. It has Cruise Control option. The thing on the side of D is probably equivalent of S mode in Vitz
    Absolutely not. Its an outdated transmission (and maybe you dont know but this transmission came in 2006-08 Altis Automatic) and all over the world the switchtronic (tiptronic) transmission is used in top of the line altis variants. Only in Pakistan did Toyota Indus removed one feature which was the most distinguishing one over civic and reverted to old transmission.

  14. #1433
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasinzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahatmallick1990 View Post
    Bro I would seriously recommend you to chill, you are not the boss of anybody to tell what to buy and before you ask, yes as a corolla owner, I find this as offensive. You may like Honda's or whatever but that's your choice because its your money. Plus if a person thinks he maybe happier in a corolla which costs 16.5M PKR, why are you getting so jumped up about it ?
    +1
    ???

  15. #1434
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khurram_aziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    • Its not Honda vs Toyota or Civic vs Corolla thing
    • I am not a fan boy of Civic or Corolla; i like both the cars; and we Alhamdulillah have both the cars in the family
    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Civic Vti MT used to cost 1665 when Altis MT was 1705, Now VTI MT costs 1735. Ive a feeling Altis mt might be more pricer too.
    Civic VTi M/T's 16.65 and Altis 1.8 M/T 17.05 was comparable given both had competiting engine configuration. To me Altis' 40k higher price tag was "ok"; Altis 1.8 M/T has driver side air bag which justifies its 40k higher price tag; atleast I felt so. It was Indus who were making money by giving us outdated 1.8 engine (in other markets); Atlas on the other hand are giving us whats available in other markets; iVTEC. Credit should be given where due! Point is; we some how are missing the value proposition; this new Altis 1.6 has "smaller" engine...it should have "lesser" price tag.

    To me it was like doing sin to spend this much money on "smaller" engine; same shape that even XLI and GLI has; and above this; continue to wait. I could get "bigger" engine and exclusive shape in competitive price tag; I simply opted for Civic! There is always two side of the coin; and I respect both....My father is on the other side of the coin; he will buy "Toyota" with closed eyes no matter he is getting what should be worthy enough or not

    Let me clear myself again; I dont want to drag Civic / Honda into this thread; I am quoting personal example just to highlight that we should realize this new Altis has smaller engine and it should be priced accordingly

  16. #1435
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Absolutely not. Its an outdated transmission (and maybe you dont know but this transmission came in 2006-08 Altis Automatic) and all over the world the switchtronic (tiptronic) transmission is used in top of the line altis variants. Only in Pakistan did Toyota Indus removed one feature which was the most distinguishing one over civic and reverted to old transmission.
    yup every one was expecting a 5 AT tranny this tym.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  17. #1436
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    • Its not Honda vs Toyota or Civic vs Corolla thing
    • I am not a fan boy of Civic or Corolla; i like both the cars; and we Alhamdulillah have both the cars in the family
    Civic VTi M/T's 16.65 and Altis 1.8 M/T 17.05 was comparable given both had competiting engine configuration. To me Altis' 40k higher price tag was "ok"; Altis 1.8 M/T has driver side air bag which justifies its 40k higher price tag; atleast I felt so. It was Indus who were making money by giving us outdated 1.8 engine (in other markets); Atlas on the other hand are giving us whats available in other markets; iVTEC. Credit should be given where due! Point is; we some how are missing the value proposition; this new Altis 1.6 has "smaller" engine...it should have "lesser" price tag.

    To me it was like doing sin to spend this much money on "smaller" engine; same shape that even XLI and GLI has; and above this; continue to wait. I could get "bigger" engine and exclusive shape in competitive price tag; I simply opted for Civic! There is always two side of the coin; and I respect both....My father is on the other side of the coin; he will buy "Toyota" with closed eyes no matter he is getting what should be worthy enough or not

    Let me clear myself again; I dont want to drag Civic / Honda into this thread; I am quoting personal example just to highlight that we should realize this new Altis has smaller engine and it should be priced accordingly
    -I just doubt they might increase the price by the official launch, if that is any time soon, other vise the countries condition nd rising fuel prices show increasing prices thats it.

    -About the Altis goodies there still there besides the engine nd probably the switch tronic.

    -Whereas i think by now, GLI is the cash cow for Indus currently, as i mentioned previusly looking at the Gli Auto for 1679, and Indus charging 100k for auto tranny, they can come up with a base 1.6L within 1579. Where as Gli 1.3 retails for 15.29, no body would mind paying extra 50k for a more power full Gli.

    -Other then that, as i said Gli is the cash cow and Indus is more emphasising on Glis sales rather then Altises sales.

    -There fore, icame to the conclusion due to not going for 3 engine categories they have used Gli's engine in the Altis rather then using Altises engine in Gli

    PS: The cost analysis show that indus motors can role out a base 1.6 manual Gli/Altis (or even a simple Corolla) for 50k more then glis price i.e (1579,000). (widout the Altis gudies offcourse)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  18. #1437
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToofaneBatameezi View Post
    400 and 500 KM per tank? How. Is. This. Possible?
    Possible hai when the tank is 55L (its around 10 kms a liter) which isnt the best fuel average seriusly.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  19. #1438
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It will not be appealing because a triptronic will not be present which makes it distinctive from civic.PS The GLI AUTO will be also INDUS cash cow as its lower in price than Civic VTI MT and also its Automatic.
    Aunda Fan

  20. #1439
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I got a following reply from Indus regarding altis 1.6 :
    "Dear Sir,

    Thank you for your email, and interest in Toyota Corolla Altis.

    We regret to inform you that currently we are not taking any orders in
    Corolla due to uncertain condition of supply from our vendor side that
    occurs after

    Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan on 11 March 2011.

    This suspension is to safeguard customers' interest to avoid any confusion
    in this unclear supply situation.

    We look forward for your support and understanding in this situation, Feel
    free to contact us in case of any further inquiries.

    Thank you, We value your time!

    Sincerely
    Customer Assistance Centre Team
    Indus Motor Company"
    Aunda Fan

  21. #1440
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    CrashD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i saw a corolla 2011 in manchester today couldnt belive my eyes when i saw it it had ireland plates but did stand out for some reason as in uk we get auris which is not a sallon but a hatchback so it did stand out and did look nice was a 1.4 though asked the owner said he got it from ireland if i get its pics some time this week will upload!
    BUG ME AND I WILL CRASH INTO U!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •