Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Reasons for Poor braking system on Toyata Corolla 2007

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhawaleed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,812
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Exclamation Reasons for Poor braking system on Toyata Corolla 2007

    I have tested the braking system of many local cars such as Liana, Honda City, Honda Civic but toyata Corolla 2006 has the worst braking system.

    Few people think that the problem is with the T-distribution with the braking system. I cant say much about this but would like to hear your comments on this subject and how can I modify the system such that it gives a better braking performance.

    Any one aware of the reason why these cars have such a poor brakes.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waleed80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,690
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well...in my opinion..two things....4 wheel disc brakes without ABS (and YES Civic Exi also skids like crazy...telling in advance before honda fan boys start narrating excellent braking of exi)...number 2, the rolla we get here in pakistan is like 1-1.5 inch higher than the corolla assembled abroad, with the same chasis, thus raising the centre of gravity....and hence when brakes are applied, the whole weight (alongwith C of G) is displaced forward and the car skids

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sjehsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    well...in my opinion..two things....4 wheel disc brakes without ABS (and YES Civic Exi also skids like crazy...telling in advance before honda fan boys start narrating excellent braking of exi)...number 2, the rolla we get here in pakistan is like 1-1.5 inch higher than the corolla assembled abroad, with the same chasis, thus raising the centre of gravity....and hence when brakes are applied, the whole weight (alongwith C of G) is displaced forward and the car skids

    u sure EXI skids???

    i own Civic EXI 2006 from last 4 years..... i have applied emergency brakes 10-12 times in last 3-4 years... it never ever skided.... on motor way i braked from 170 to 40 km/hr... it was emergency brake... car did'nt skid for an inch.. there was heel of pressure on steering... but it did'nt skid..

    comming to the topic.. i owned GLI 2006.. sold because of this braking problem.... i could always trust that car to let me get to maximum speed.. but problems comes.. when i think "HOW TO STOP THIS THING"...

    now i own GLI 2010... because of ABS... brakes are very good... but still in ma opnion... Brakes of EXI is better than 2010 GLI... no harsh feelings for any1... as i got both of them.. i am telling wat i feels.
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhawaleed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,812
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I am in love with the maintenance jobs, Normally I would like to point out that few cars which suffers a degradation in braking systems is due to the fact that the driver has never bothered to change the brake oil. Brake oil older than 2 years starts to put rust within the braking systems and since boiling point of brake fluid is a direct function of time as it attracts moisture and water so most of the brake fails in emergency situations or in while driving below a hill.
    1) My GLI 2007 has new tires as I change them after every 50,000 km since you cannot trust the emergency brakes of this model.
    2) I change the brake fluid after every year by flushing the old one
    3) Brakes are cleaned after every three months and adjusted.

    Even then I think that it’s a manufacturing fault and there must be a reason for this which can be corrected.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,130
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    according to me only solution is to lower the car with some US spec or thai spec suspension.
    being owner of the 2006 corolla i face the same problem.
    RIP

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqs29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,129
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Two reasons
    1. Higher center of gravity.
    2. No ABS

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    osama96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Riyadh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I my opinion
    1:4 wheel disk brakes (2 wheel disk are enough).
    2:No EBD(Electronic break force distributor).
    3tandard corolla has more weight in its engine bay but our 1.3l moldel have less weight.
    4:High ground clearance
    Beshak ALLAH he sy hy sub waqt sy pehly nahin zarorat sy zada nahin.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    u sure EXI skids???

    i own Civic EXI 2006 from last 4 years..... i have applied emergency brakes 10-12 times in last 3-4 years... it never ever skided.... on motor way i braked from 170 to 40 km/hr... it was emergency brake... car did'nt skid for an inch.. there was heel of pressure on steering... but it did'nt skid..

    comming to the topic.. i owned GLI 2006.. sold because of this braking problem.... i could always trust that car to let me get to maximum speed.. but problems comes.. when i think "HOW TO STOP THIS THING"...

    now i own GLI 2010... because of ABS... brakes are very good... but still in ma opnion... Brakes of EXI is better than 2010 GLI... no harsh feelings for any1... as i got both of them.. i am telling wat i feels.
    Irrelevant reply, the civic we are talking about is the non Abs variant.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    I have tested the braking system of many local cars such as Liana, Honda City, Honda Civic but toyata Corolla 2006 has the worst braking system.

    Few people think that the problem is with the T-distribution with the braking system. I cant say much about this but would like to hear your comments on this subject and how can I modify the system such that it gives a better braking performance.

    Any one aware of the reason why these cars have such a poor brakes.
    Yup the issue is with the T - Distributor, a major reason about the braking issue in the Corolla,

    On braking it just doesnt locks, it also moves towards the left, (a reason being more force on the left tire.

    If uve tested the brakes, sometimes it feels that one of the tires didnt even used the brake, only one tire was locked.

    My mechanic told me changing the T- distributor with a kabuli one to with the Japanese corolla helps,.

    This is funny, but sometimes it feels like when you lock your bikes front brakes and its suggested not to as it might turn upside down, same feels with the Corolla.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Every body whoose saying about the car height issue, maybe true, im not a science or physics guy.


    But the car height is the regional requirment for Toyota Indus. As Corollas are considered trucks.

    My personal experience of driving this thing at 160 km/h(karachi gawadar highway)was really bad, it felt as if the car wud just turn upside down due to the wind presure.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    u sure EXI skids???

    i own Civic EXI 2006 from last 4 years..... i have applied emergency brakes 10-12 times in last 3-4 years... it never ever skided.... on motor way i braked from 170 to 40 km/hr... it was emergency brake... car did'nt skid for an inch.. there was heel of pressure on steering... but it did'nt skid..

    comming to the topic.. i owned GLI 2006.. sold because of this braking problem.... i could always trust that car to let me get to maximum speed.. but problems comes.. when i think "HOW TO STOP THIS THING"...

    now i own GLI 2010... because of ABS... brakes are very good... but still in ma opnion... Brakes of EXI is better than 2010 GLI... no harsh feelings for any1... as i got both of them.. i am telling wat i feels.
    r u serious saying non abs exi has better braking than a brand new gli.Get some life .I agree that vti with abs were having good breaks but not exi.

    @waleed80 the new corolla is having the same height as international one but old one was higher.
    @topic it was poor due to
    more height
    withou abs

    anyways rolla old was having poor brakes but city fish shape was also having bad breaks but not as rolla still skids at high speeds and its grip is also like floating car
    Aunda Fan

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aantherax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    here's what i did with my corolla to make its breaks a bit better it came originally with 185/65/14 the very first day i put 195/65/15 a bit better then stock ones but still some lacking was there after driving them around 50,000kms i changed them to 205/65/15 after that i had no issues with braking in it went to gawadar 5 or 6 times been to Isb and Lahore in it ... and a lot of other city to city driving.
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Asad_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,943
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    mubeenshahid<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2619145", true); </SCRIPT>
    bro he was talking about civic exi 2004 to 06 (eagle eyes) have abs........and more brakes ability then corolla even 2010..........i have also eagle eyes exi so experienc matter is also relavent.
    Relatives Who Don't Wish Me On My Birthday,............Have No Right To Contact Me On My Result Day

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    r u serious saying non abs exi has better braking than a brand new gli.Get some life .I agree that vti with abs were having good breaks but not exi.

    @waleed80 the new corolla is having the same height as international one but old one was higher.
    @topic it was poor due to
    more height
    withou abs

    anyways rolla old was having poor brakes but city fish shape was also having bad breaks but not as rolla still skids at high speeds and its grip is also like floating car
    are you nuts??? or u just like increasing your posts!!! a 2004 onwards EXI has ABS dont comment unless u know what ure talking.

    City kahan se ai beech mei. And for Gods sake, we arnt comparing Honda and Toyota here so stay away.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aantherax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @chinyoti ...
    in every thread some people manages to create toyota / honda fight i dont know why ?
    i have toyota/honda/suzuki in my family and i never compare them with each other
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmedk06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Get the T-Distributor Changed,

    Get japanese Springs for the front only.

    Your car will stop better than a Civic (Which is popular in Pk cause of breakes but personally i dont rate them to be any good)

    If you are talking about good braking, than Nissan Sunny rules, even the 86 sunny used to stop like a wall has come infornt of it. Civics always pull to the left

    get a proper T-distribuor (with a bigger proportioning valve) and get it installed, your brakes are a mess anyway so start tweaking

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Yup the issue is with the T - Distributor, a major reason about the braking issue in the Corolla,

    On braking it just doesnt locks, it also moves towards the left, (a reason being more force on the left tire.

    If uve tested the brakes, sometimes it feels that one of the tires didnt even used the brake, only one tire was locked.

    My mechanic told me changing the T- distributor with a kabuli one to with the Japanese corolla helps,.

    This is funny, but sometimes it feels like when you lock your bikes front brakes and its suggested not to as it might turn upside down, same feels with the Corolla.
    mechanic was right, my frnd changed it (in his 2007 xli)with a kabuli one n it was not perfect but much better
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bad tyres.
    bad break pads.
    low brake fluid.
    incorrect tyre pressure

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abdullah1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,388
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys i am a big toyota lover and all and have the rollas.

    but id agree here that civic exi has better brakes than gli 2010 as i have tested both believe it or not
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    EXi indeed had excellent brakes in her category and if not superior then somewhat equal to the new GLi i can bet on that. As for as corolla is concerned, its not at all a fast drivers cup of tea.

    But to be honest, as long as one is driving under 100kph and decently, corolla is fine as a family car.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •