0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Which Wax is best for 3 Months old Strong Blue Corolla

Guys, need your views on this. Which one of the mentioned below would be most suitable. The prime objective is the protection and secondly the deep wet look, and thirdly the long durability. I dont mind doing wax once a month and washing may be every week.

1- Meguirs NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0
    2- Mothers Synwax
    3- Meguirs Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax
    4- Mothers Pure Carnauba

Thanks,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedBaig View Post
    i second that ever since mani shared the tip with me, it has worked wonders on the outcome of my car's detailing sessions.

the exact tried and tested procedure was: Day 1 shampoo followed by a coat of Mothers Syn Wax / Day 2 a simple wash with water followed by the Mothers caranuba wax and finally an application of mothers top coat.

my personal experience states that the above lasts a week and a half max on cars that are driven daily.
    Good to know. What you should do now is

1)Shampoo + Mothers synwax
    2)Wipeoff + 2nd coat of Mothers Synwax (after 12 hours)
    3)Simple wash + Mothers Carnauba wax (next day)
    4)Top coat
    5)Top coat every weekend

Should easily last you 2 months

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Subzwari
    After using Mother's wash, Cleaner wax, 100% Carnauba and some bit of meguiar's line up including rubbing compound and Ultimate compound. Here is my experience

Bro u shud look at ur car in the reflections in strong lights on all panels first, assess it in a clean state whether it has swirls or no, swirls are those tiny spider web sort of shapes in the reflections made as very tiny scratches in ur top coat, these can be there even in a brand new showroom car in Pakistan as toyota and honda have poor final buff practices in my opinion, they leave whats known as COMPOUNDING SWIRLS, as well *** few other imperfections spottable by a somewhat finiky eye, to most people they seem new and ok. These are very few but theyr there n u cant see em at the dealerships coz of no direct strong lights directly over the cars. Take any high intensity torch with u and the true story is revealed.

So to remove these u will need Meguiar's Swirl X to be applied on a perfectly clean car. Perfectly clean means there shudnt be old wax residue on it (u may first use a claybar for achieving the clean state after a wash), apply the swirl X by hand not by DA coz ur car is relatively new.

Once u get rid of the swirls n imperfections (some imperfections are so strong u may even require Ultimate compound and for scratches rubbing compound)....only then go for glaze and sealing....for getting the perfect glaze n shine i recommend Mother's Hand glaze or the next break through product from Meguiar's (which isnt imported anywhere in Pakistan yet its called ULTIMATE POLISH) Remember polishes will be a bit abrasive so use em carefully whereas Mother's hand glaze is safe and non-abrasive so more recommended for a new car.

As the sealing step the product that suits ur needs is the Nxt tech wax but most people dont know that Meguiar's have launched a better product (according to themselves) and thats called Meguiars ULTIMATE PASTE WAX, Try to import both (ultimate POLISH n PASTE WAX) for urself if u can....presently available in the US only (i think).....this Ultimate paste wax top layer is supposed to have the same lastability of the Nxt tech wax but some added gloss agents to give a deeper shine and easier application n taking off. It can be applied in direct sunlight as well with no white residue.

After this just keep a spray bottle handy filled with water. For everyday detailing spray any panel u wana clean with water, wipe with a microfibre. Put that dusty microfibre away n now spray the panel with detailer or quick detailer spray..again wipe with another clean microfibre. do the whole car this way. After car is done get ur microfibres washed in proper Ariel or Surf in cool or luke warm only water, leave em in the bubble water for some time so that the residue can get washed out then dry em off. Last but not the least u gotta put ur microfibres through clean water for at least 7 to 8 times to remove all the Ariel or Surf residue from them otherwise they will damage ur top coat next time theyr used.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PS: For applications always use perfectly clean sponge applicators with no damage on the foam part otherwise if the foam has chipping they can cause swirls n un-even application. For taking off anything applied always use perfectly clean microfibres. N yes even leaving the microfibres out in the open on a wire to dry off makes em dirty again due to dust in the environment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I really don't have alot of time right now so I'l be very precise. Syn wax best meguiars tech wax 2.0. Used a can of almost every mothers turtle and meguiars. No comparison. For someone like you get a double coat of the tech wax 12 hours apart and you will most probably be good for a month. Take my advice and get 2 things more. 1. A microfiber cloth to buff the surface 2. A detailing spray. And only use it when you have to out that 2nd coat 12 hours later. It can be used everyday aswell but that would be too expensive. Let me know if there is anything else.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ausl

Bro i have a question to ask, by 12 hour curing time do u mean that put the wax on the surface of the car by a foam applicator in circular motions in a thin film AND THEN LEAVE IT FOR 12 HOURS N BUFF IT OFF 12 HOURS LATER or do u mean that put the wax on, wait for 15 mins then take it off with a microfibre n then wait for 12 hours before putting on the next coat?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've some experience in detailing as a hobby to the extent of craze. To tell you the truth, even the best polish/wax/sealant lasts no longer than 10 days on a daily driven car. The reason is that a number of factors are involved:
    1. Detailing techniques
    2. After Detailing, the regular wash or cleaning techniques make or break you effort.
    3. Quality and selection of products being used. Most of us, just read the promo ads and at the max, study a couple of reviews.
    4. The atmosphere, weather conditions are major game players.

Also remember, regular waxing (unless it has a cleansing agent) will also make you car surface greasy over a period of time. Just avoid direct sun, hot surface of the vehicle for detailing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was sent a free sample for a spray cleaner from Meguiars for a pre-polish cleanse. I'd recommend using that first

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ausl
    Please name some "detailing spray" that you mentioned. is it mothers top coat type of thing or spray wax?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@subzwari
    It is neither actually. It's slightly less than syn wax but more than just water to clean a car therefore giving better cleaning ability with markedly reduced swirl addition to the existing paint condition.

I would recommend Meguiars ultimate quick detailer if you can find it.

@stingray and subrwari

The curing time refers to the time between 2 different coats. So you apply the first coat with hand or a machine then let it dry off to a haze which in our setting/weather takes about 30 mins. Then wipe it off with a good microfiber cloth. Leave the car for about 12 hours and after that first clean the car with a quick detailer and then apply th next coat of wax.

You must also realize that the better your paint surface is prepared the better your wax would look and the longer it will stay. Since your primary objective is protecting the car I would not go into the detail of it. It has already been explained by stingray pretty much. I would recommend you to get this done by someone and not to experiment on your new car atleast.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stingray

Products like swirl X and ultimate compound are for removing imperfections in the paint they are not something used for removing previous wax. The SMAD technology was specifically built to remove swirls and scratches. A good washing and then using a clay kit would remove previous wax as well as other impurities like road grime tree sap etc. And yes you can use a DA polisher on almost any car. That's the beauty of the DA polisher. You should know how much pressure and how much time the paint needs. I just used it on my friends new camry because it had so many swirls in Just 4 months. The result was spectacular

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ausl
    Ok so do u have any experience with a specific product which i cant seem to get the hang of. Its called Mother's Hand Glaze. I bought it recently but cant find any specific directions about how much time to leave it on the surface before buffing it off with a microfibre, 12 hour theory is understood but the time before buff off is ambiguous on this one. The reason is i put it on the boot only n then took it off after 15 mins but God it was as difficult as a rock to take it off. So am i missing something? Is this one of those easy on easy off type things? like u put it on with a foam applicator n then immediately take it off with a clean micro fibre? is that it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw meguiars ultimate polish is not exactly a sealant. A glaze might be .. But that's even not the true picture. It's a product which has alot of polishing oils. Which gives the cars paint the nutrition it needs and dark coloured cars would really really be helped by it. This also has some abrasives in it. So you don't have to use 2 products now like swirl x and Deep crystal polish. Makes life easier but trust me if you are a true crazy detailer the 2 step has a class of it's own !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ausl
    I know that sir i never said to use swirl X or ultimate compound to remove residue and old wax....i said it shud be used AFTER removing residue (n that shud be done with a de-waxer or a claybar). After bringing the car into a clean state and preferably indoors inspect it in high intensity light reflections to spot swirls n remove them with swirl X. Waysay my experience is that best swirl removal by hand is with Ultimate compound (turtle wax swirl remover is a failure).

Imperfections which i found in my NEW honda city were, overspray, spots, swirls (the biggest menace). slowly n gradually i worked on it panel to panel, the problems are now pretty much all taken care of except for one whole set of compounding swirls near the trunk opener key hole, actually under it from the left to right edge of the trunk lid, slowly working on it so that i dont take away too much of the top coat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it the step 2 sealer and glaze of the mothers 3 step waxing system. I have a thread on it and have the pictures of it aswell. Let me know if it's the same thing. The thread is in the DIY section named mothers wax 1,2,3.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ausl

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! are u serious u have the ultimate polish already?????? Gawd im longing to get those two things....ultimate polish and ultimate paste wax (((((((((( even mohsin bhai doesnt have em yet. Whats ur take on the ultimate Wax???? is it really a step ahead of tech wax 2.0 or no?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Ausl

No its the 2nd step of the Pro line up of things from Mothers. The 3 step is meant for use by the average joe. The pro line is meant for preferably indoor use by someone who knows what hes doing....its only Glaze n not a sealer.....on the Mothers own website they answered someones question saying that its not abrasive... n that it shud be used in a workshop environment, thats it. They didnt tell the leave on time n curing time for it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Woops sorry. Just read it again. I knew you were too good to make that mistake. Stupid me.

Yeah well I'm a pretty bad junkie at this .. Lol. Well to the review now. The ultimate wax is much much softer and very very easy to use compared to the tech wax 2.0. It has a deeper look to it. Something which a carnuaba wax adds only. So over all it's very good and yes it has approx the same duration as tech wax 2.0. Though I still prefer doing tech wax x 2 and then following it up with GCCWP. Gives a better feel. I haven't done layering with the ultimate wax so can't comment on that. Maybe it turns out better.

I want the new microfiber system that has come out ! It is insane !! *drooling*

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh yeah I realize . Honestly I haven't used it because I shifter to Meguiars plus it's something that's more of a workshop thing so I haven't gotten my hands dirty with it yet ..! The step 2 sealer and glaze works pretty extraordinary. Trying using it if you haven't.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ausl
    What microfibre system?????? can u paste a link???? Where did u manage to get the Ultimate polish n wax....can u help me get em? NOOOOO issue of payment ...just gimme a 14 digit account number n the price.

I use the Meguiar's Supreme shine microfibres for the final buff n i think theyr the best ive used so far, have yet to use the 3M ones which Paul dalton uses. BTW Paul dalton is awesome! check out his Swiss Vax series, specially the Crystal Rock Swiss Vax.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+ Reply to Thread