4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine swap in 2.0D Saloon Corolla 2004 model

Am planning engine swap in my diesel corolla 2004.Its in very good condition and planned to buy Petrol car due to rising diesel prices.But I cant buy new and buying old is also I think a problem.

Is it a good decision to go for engine swap and run on cng then.Which engine is better?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it a good decision to go for engine swap and run on cng then.Which engine is better?
    no because do the maths
    your 2c will be taken for 10k to 15k if in v good nic
    a new 2nz-fe or even a 1nzfe 1.5 jdm will cost you till 80k to 90k
    add cng kit you will be charged around 15 to 20k then advancer fitting and hassel 15k

the complete swap will cost you around 75 to 80k

the fuel you save is little as the money you will spend
    There are two types of idiots 1.Who thinks the world revolves around him 2.Who makes fun of other so he can be Respected

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you still want a swap
    2nzfe
    1nzfe
    3zz
    There are two types of idiots 1.Who thinks the world revolves around him 2.Who makes fun of other so he can be Respected

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen people swaping 5AFE motors in these cars :p
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am also having plans for my nissan 2002(BMW). My engine is almost brand new. But now i think i should switch my use of car is almost 500-800km per month mostly 500. the thing is if i get the cng its my property which will add up to the price and the engine will increase resale so what should we dooo...
    Nomankhan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to proceed with the swap with the NZ series engine with vvti.But I dont know whether I will be able to get a good engine or not.Sometimes I think of channging the car but as I cannot buy new so I am not going for that option or unless I get a second hand really nice car in a good price range.

Am confused.Somebody who has experience of engine swap in 2004 shape corolla ...please advise.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@doctor
    bro i am planning the same, if u go fwd with this plz do update us with the results

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m also thinking the same!
    nd m confused
    -Words and cheques should not be dishonored-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The economical options are 2NZ or 1NZ.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir there are zero problems in engine swap, it can be done easily, but it is advisable to but a new car because swap will lower the value of your car which is already low.

You can also swap the JDM 1ZZ FE for 90K, which is the best engine.
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all I should say that my 2.0D Saloon 2004 is a very well maintained car with even not a single clip missing from the engine shield in the body below engine.And the diesel engine is still shining as if its just a few months old car.So is it advisable to proceed for a swap in such a car?And also I plan to retain my 2c engine with all accessories and wiring and gear box and keep it.

Today I looked for engines in Peshawar and 1NZ FE engine with wiring,ECU,air cleaner box,manual gear box and wiring was for Rs.110000-115000.And the same engine wiith all mentioned accessories but automatic gear box was for around Rs.70000-80000.

Can somebody please explain to me whether manual or auto transmission is better in terms of engine life and fuel consumption(in both petrol and cng).Some people say manual is economical while some say auto is econonomical but what are the technical facts.

I asked a mechanic today that I would proceed with the swap only if I can get each and every thing like the genuine petrol car.Hhe advised me to visit Torkhum and buy an engine in a half cut car with 1 NZ FE engine still in place and then take out the engine from that preserving everything.

Now what to do?Please advise.And if somebody has done or any friends of yours have done it please post the pictures of the engine compartment.....

Another option is to install Hydrogen Fuel saving kit in Diesel car.They claim about 35% diesel saving but I dont know whether it will be succesful or not.It has been introduced in Rawalpindi/Islamabad and the cost of the device is Rs.44000.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothers
    i have seen ads on behind big diesel buses in khi that cng is possible in all types of Diesel Engine like corolla etc.(& also written on bus this diesel engine bus is running on cng)
    there is also name & no. of such engineering company.

i forget to take snaps, if any body sees kindly share with all
    My advice to all diesel users to sp. doctor , dont do any mess stick with your original engine & just install cng with diesel.
    but i think for that u hav to come khi.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes a half cut will be better and manual if your old diesel was a manual and auto if your 2c was auto and it doesnt matter if you buy a half cut you will get every thing

and yes i had done it in a 03 2.0d but the engine was a 2zz ge and the swap was done 2 years ago so i dont have the engine bay pictures

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@doctor
    i would suggest not to do this, you will ruin your car.. if your cars engine is weak, then go doe that.. otherwise don't do it.. am sure, your car must be giving you approximately 14-15 km locally.. i have experienced CNG in 1NZFE, it gives not more than 100-110 Km with A.C in local.. Cylinder fills up in atleast 450-500rs.. now calculate how much you will save on cng..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brothers
    we all have to think for country first, our prime minister & minister petroleum already told that we r expanding too much on oil import so better for BOTH COUNTRY & ENVIRONMENT that more people get convinced to CNG like italy & other modern countries
    dont be selfish, think for future of country, tro to minimize load on government expenditure by converting to cng
    it is all rumour that weak engine ok for cng, good engine not,,no no,not at all, i have travelled to many countries inc. italy,yemen,malaysia,kenya,india,

they all r using without problem, here in our country, people resist to any present thing( they dont wanna change to be better) without any research or experience

big auto companies like ford,volkswagon,Chevrolet, Citroen, Peugeot, Renault, Mercedes, Isuzu, Proton they r producing factory fitted natural gas vehicles, WAT U THINK?THEIR EXPERT ENGINEERS DONT KNOW THAT NGV IS GOOD OR BAD FOR ENGINE

for research go through this paper:
    Vehicles Running On CNG | CNGStations.com

@GITTS070
    bhai there is not any differnece in mielage u obtained by 1 litre of petrol/diesel to 1 kg of gas, if u felt it, surely it was reslut of bad installation, problem with kit,poor driving/maintained otherwise it will give same mielage if tuned properly

i properly did research & experienced it personally on many cars myself & after that i am saying it

if your car giving 14 km/Litre with A/c, it will give same 14 km/kg of gas with A/c,
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@brownrose78

I think u haven't read the post properly. The poster asked, how about coverting his diesel corolla's engine to petrol..
    I advised him to go for it, if his engine needs overhauling.. then besides overhauling the engine, put a petrol one init.. otherwise leave it like that..
    because CNG wouldn't give more milage than diesel.. its going to be almost the same.. diesel cars gives more millage than petrol ones..

you are talkin in terms of paper research, try and experience it by yourself,
    i think u haven't tried CNG in lahore. It dosen't give u more than 100-110 in 55kg or whatever cylinder in corolla.. 55kg cylinder fills up in 7-8 kg of gas.. So if u say 14km/kg then 8*14=112..

So now poster needs to calculate, if its feasible for him to spend 100,000 rs in converting his car to petrol then spend 30,000-40,000 on a CNG kit.. the rest is up to hime..

simply did some maths for poster..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doctor View Post
    First of all I should say that my 2.0D Saloon 2004 is a very well maintained car with even not a single clip missing from the engine shield in the body below engine.And the diesel engine is still shining as if its just a few months old car.So is it advisable to proceed for a swap in such a car?And also I plan to retain my 2c engine with all accessories and wiring and gear box and keep it.

Today I looked for engines in Peshawar and 1NZ FE engine with wiring,ECU,air cleaner box,manual gear box and wiring was for Rs.110000-115000.And the same engine wiith all mentioned accessories but automatic gear box was for around Rs.70000-80000.

Can somebody please explain to me whether manual or auto transmission is better in terms of engine life and fuel consumption(in both petrol and cng).Some people say manual is economical while some say auto is econonomical but what are the technical facts.

I asked a mechanic today that I would proceed with the swap only if I can get each and every thing like the genuine petrol car.Hhe advised me to visit Torkhum and buy an engine in a half cut car with 1 NZ FE engine still in place and then take out the engine from that preserving everything.

Now what to do?Please advise.And if somebody has done or any friends of yours have done it please post the pictures of the engine compartment.....

Another option is to install Hydrogen Fuel saving kit in Diesel car.They claim about 35% diesel saving but I dont know whether it will be succesful or not.It has been introduced in Rawalpindi/Islamabad and the cost of the device is Rs.44000.
    Sir go for the 1NZ FE Auto, it is very good.
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gitts070
    bhai i read it & that's why i am advising him to switch to cng as soon as possible.

i am not talking only for paper reserach,i had good result practical experience with cng(& even on pw, fropm long time i try to convince people for cng) infact i am proud user of cng from more than last 11 years ,
    i tried it on several cars & all of them gave good results

bhai i dont undetsand why do u say "u dont trt cng at lahore" 1. i have tryied from lahore main city from a long time, never have a complain

bhai cng is cng wether, u fill from khi,lhr or isb, just like ur petrol same wether u fill from lhr or khi( all these r standardized by govt. regulatory bodies)

dont mind, i am telling you on my personal experience that your claim is not right of 100-110 in 55kg or whatever cylinder in corolla.. 55kg cylinder fills up in 7-8 kg of gas.. So if u say 14km/kg then 8*14=112..

i think u wanna prove that corolla goes 8 km per 1 kg,that's wrong calculation
    now as u ask for maths, so being as engineer i am happy to prove it mathematically
    55 kg cylinder means easily 8-8.2 kg
    if your car is properly tuned then it can go easily with a/c around 125-130 + within city within crowd

my recently bought Xli 2006 have 50 kg cylinder & with a/c within city like khi with lots of crowd it easily gives me 130km & even after that some gas remain,car doesnot stops(but as red light of cng comes) then for safe side, i never tried to drive more, i try to rush to cng station soon before engine shuts off,,& this car i have not done still tuning & servicing otherwise average may improve

so if there is 55 kg,it must be given upto 135-140

THE SIMPLE THING I WANT TO REMOVE MISCONCEPT THAT MIELAGE AFFECTS WITH CNG, IT IS SAME MIEALGE AS U GET WITH PETROL/DIESEL ONLY FUEL CHANGES NO MIELAGE AT ALL

IF YOUR CAR IS GIVING 100-110 with 55 kg THEN IT MEANS VERY VERY BAD CONDITION, BAD DRIVE CONDITIONS so immediately check your engine as well as cng, & mind it that if on cng it gives app. 12 km/kg same it will give 12 km/Litre.

reaserach work wether by paper or any means should be welcome with open heart & doesnot mind if any new thing gives education,there is no limit/age to education

i am also suggesting him that dont touch engine, ORIGINALITY NEVER COMES BACK how much good engine or mechanic u have, that's why just install cng in 350-45,000 max. & save self as well as country's economy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir my 05 GLi with 2NZ FE gives 84-88 KM with A/C in 50 KG Cylinder, approx 288 Rs fill.

My brother's 08 E140 XLi returns 120-140 KM with A/C in 55KG.

1NZ FE is even better.

All Toyota engines are good on CNG.
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved