dear pakwheelers AoA ! I bought a 2009 xli some 2 months ago, driven 47 k. My first observation was that its a relatively new car it should perform better than my previous car, a 95 stock civic and boy was i disappointed or wot. Anyways i changed the fuel filter, the oil filter, the air filter and put in petromin sahara synthetic oil, i also upgraded to denso irridium spark plugs, the result , pick up became much smoother and an average mileage increase of around 2 km/liter, the toyota guys also did some manual tuning(i dont really know wot actually they dis besides cleaning the stuff).
I just made a round trip peshwr-islmbd-nathiagali-islmbd and peshawar, here are a few things i noted
1. The mileage i get in city is almost the same on motorway.avg speed 115 kph.
2. There is alot of knoking between 110 and 120.
3. Just like my cng civic there is a loss of speed even on small steep patches of motorway.
4. Somehow other gli/xli rollas seemed to have more power, especially on way to muree etc.
5. With three people on board i could tell that its going to max out to 140 kph maximum.
6. The rpm at 110 is 3.5 and engine seems to be in overdrive mode.
So i basically wanted to ask if this was normal or my car is underperforming ? If its normal, then i am 1 disappointed rolla owner
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad