Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New Corolla Ecotec (Factory Fitted CNG)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New Corolla Ecotec (Factory Fitted CNG)

Ok so i went to Toyota Cantt motors in Walton Lahore as my dad wanted to book a new corolla Gli. And there i see the new factory fitted cng corolla xli.

They have changed the engine technology and now have 4 different injectors for both petrol and cng which was pretty nice to see (somewhat like suzuki liana)

Now here's my question.

1. when is the Ecotec Corolla GLI coming? (as cng is only availabe in xli right now)

2. What is the take of experienced and senior pakwheelers on buying this new cng corolla?

- Drive it like you stole it!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about the ECU Programming in this setup as in Liana it had 90 Sec on Petrol and thn to CNG which cause alot of Petrol Consumption and people try to mess with tht as other cars setting of 3k RPM and ended up with messed up, while i think its not the right time for launching CNG as coming winter almost no CNG in Punjab/North
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys i am totally confused about GLi and GLi Eco Tech. I paid for GLI but now i am confused that either i should change to GLi Eco Tech as it has already been discussed performance wise that there are 4 intakes of CNG which makes performance some how equivalent to petrol. Plus i dont know if its a rumor that petrol head is not stable on Local CNG fitted GLI not the eco tech one, dont confuse with it.. I heard that Liana also launched the same technology five years ago but it was a flop. As in this technology a local mechanic cannot tune it so we have to get it tuned from company which costs way to much high. So guys suggest me what should i do , me total confused...!! Please, some expert tell me the advantages and disadvantages of local fitted CNG in GLi and GLI eco tech, company fitted...!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All

I came to know that Corolla 1.3 XLi/GLi has been discontinued for now and only engines/variants offered by Indus are in 1.6 petrol and 2.0 diesel. Is it true?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ontheline4 View Post
    Guys i am totally confused about GLi and GLi Eco Tech. I paid for GLI but now i am confused that either i should change to GLi Eco Tech as it has already been discussed performance wise that there are 4 intakes of CNG which makes performance some how equivalent to petrol. Plus i dont know if its a rumor that petrol head is not stable on Local CNG fitted GLI not the eco tech one, dont confuse with it.. I heard that Liana also launched the same technology five years ago but it was a flop. As in this technology a local mechanic cannot tune it so we have to get it tuned from company which costs way to much high. So guys suggest me what should i do , me total confused...!! Please, some expert tell me the advantages and disadvantages of local fitted CNG in GLi and GLI eco tech, company fitted...!!!
    +1
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you are planning on running it on CNG then obviously go for the ecotec, you get the multi fuel injected kit with the big cylinder, and the suspension has been made accordingly, so no spacers etc needed to adjust suspension.
    according to what i have felt, running it on petrol and ecotec cng does not have much of a difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusSS View Post
    if you are planning on running it on CNG then obviously go for the ecotec, you get the multi fuel injected kit with the big cylinder, and the suspension has been made accordingly, so no spacers etc needed to adjust suspension.
    according to what i have felt, running it on petrol and ecotec cng does not have much of a difference.
    Yeah i am becz in GLi also i will have CNG fitted later... i already know that the kit suspension is good and made accordingly.. But according to my info there is no demand in market for eco tech until now i mean people aint crazy about it they are still booking for GLi... Why is it like that .. Plus its round about 1.5 lac expensive then normal GLi.. Some expert plz tell me advantages and disadvantages so that i can decide plzz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

with the CNG crisis in the country..I think the CNG version came a little too late

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ronz2202 View Post
    Ok so i went to Toyota Cantt motors in Walton Lahore as my dad wanted to book a new corolla Gli. And there i see the new factory fitted cng corolla xli.

They have changed the engine technology and now have 4 different injectors for both petrol and cng which was pretty nice to see (somewhat like suzuki liana)

Now here's my question.

1. when is the Ecotec Corolla GLI coming? (as cng is only availabe in xli right now)

2. What is the take of experienced and senior pakwheelers on buying this new cng corolla?
    Yaar hum Pakistanion ka masla he yeh hai ke hum "hearsay" per chaltay hein.

Yes Liana did and still comes with a "SIS" kit. Google it and you will know why it costs 3 times as mush as a regular kit
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah i am becz in GLi also i will have CNG fitted later... i already know that the kit suspension is good and made accordingly.. But according to my info there is no demand in market for eco tech until now i mean people aint crazy about it they are still booking for GLi... Why is it like that .. Plus its round about 1.5 lac expensive then normal GLi.. Some expert plz tell me advantages and disadvantages so that i can decide plzz
    who said there is no demand? when i booked my ecotec on the second day of the launch the delivery time was 15 days & i got my car in 13 days. but within a week as the news about ecotec launch spread the delivery time went to 2-3 months.

like @Proverbial_Slang said instead of listening to a few people go and find out why it costs 1.5 lacs when the normal kit costs 50k. i dont know about ecotec in punjab but in khi its selling pretty well as per my knowledge.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If we get CNG fitted in simple GLi is that effective because i have heard that head gives problems after 50000km and needs to be fixed.. IS that true? as in ecotech there is no such problem according to the Toyota..!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ ^. Yes simple GLi creates head problem even after 17000km in some cases. My czn installed CNG in his GLi and head created problem and repairing costed him more than 40k. I think toyota ppl must have resolved this problem in this model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zunny bhai, i can understand your Pain "Infact our Pain".

There's a big game being played against Pakistan.

See past 3years.

1-Industries are getting down.
    2-Govt. schemes like, Income support funds are making nation 'beggars", why aren't govt. creating new industries, hiring new employees etc. etc.

Its a big game against Pakistan. all of Key Posts holders are sold against US.

We've to hold our horses and follow the rules of Quide. Unity Faith and Discipline. and combat enemies of Pakistan.

We have to help us by helping Pakistan.

by doing war by 'Pen' / writing good to nation. on any forum ...
    http://www.aliqadri.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    ^ ^. Yes simple GLi creates head problem even after 17000km in some cases. My czn installed CNG in his GLi and head created problem and repairing costed him more than 40k. I think toyota ppl must have resolved this problem in this model.
    askhokar@pw has gli with cng and MashaAllah his gli has clocked more than 20k and still going strong. IMO the problem arise in those vehicles, where owners forget to drive it on petrol , if u drive it for 30 to 50 kms on petrol after every cylinder get emptied, I dont see any reason for the head to develop any prob.

PS I am be wrong but thats what my point of view is
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    askhokar@pw has gli with cng and MashaAllah his gli has clocked more than 20k and still going strong. IMO the problem arise in those vehicles, where owners forget to drive it on petrol , if u drive it for 30 to 50 kms on petrol after every cylinder get emptied, I dont see any reason for the head to develop any prob.

PS I am be wrong but thats what my point of view is
    After every cylinder gets emptied. Run 50 kms car on petrol?.. Cng laganay ka faida phr? hisaab to wahin ja parta hay.... yes i also mentioned in some cases. one of my friend has a rent a car business. he had 2 xli's with cng fitted. head created problem in one car on 45000km and 2nd one on 53000km. My czn faced this prob in his GLI when it clocked 17000km.
    I know how askhokhar cares about his car. I'm sure his car will not give him this prob even till 1 lac..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anyone do a conversion that how much he have to drive car on petrol to get back his 1.25lac which he has invented on Ecotec as compare to simple Xli, I saw many good mathematician on Pakwheels please solve this quiz.. they have done it very well in HONDA CITY case :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After every cylinder gets emptied. Run 50 kms car on petrol?.. Cng laganay ka faida phr? hisaab to wahin ja parta hay.... yes i also mentioned in some cases. one of my friend has a rent a car business. he had 2 xli's with cng fitted. head created problem in one car on 45000km and 2nd one on 53000km. My czn faced this prob in his GLI when it clocked 17000km.
    I know how askhokhar cares about his car. I'm sure his car will not give him this prob even till 1 lac..
    sir g mukamil petrol pe chalane aur aik cylinder k baad 30,40 km petrol ka tharka dene mein bohat fark hai so faida hee faida, I am doing the same

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My GLI 09 is driven 25k till without any problem.And i dont drive on petrol for even 20kms.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    My GLI 09 is driven 25k till without any problem.And i dont drive on petrol for even 20kms.
    its all about how u keep and maintain ur car and follow regular maint at the 3s dealerships . People take the car to mechanic only when it gives prob n that too to the road side ustaads

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    I mentioned "IN SOME CASES"... read the post with fully opened eyes..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I mentioned "IN SOME CASES"... read the post with fully opened eyes..
    Sir what lead those some cases to such bad results, can u give me an idea so that one can avoid those practices

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List