Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: corolla cross drilled brake rotors

  1. #1
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default corolla cross drilled brake rotors

    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  2. #61
    PakWheeler Follow
    Waqar.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    445
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The issue with these corollas is the wheel lock-up.
    248/216-26

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waqar. View Post
    The issue with these corollas is the wheel lock-up.
    Early wheel lockup would suggest a problem with the tires, either too small a contact patch size, or poor friction with the road surface due to road surface or poor quality rubber.

    Corolla brakes are pretty good by design. I can slam on the brakes and be safe even without the ABS kicking in on my 2009 Corolla, in comparison to others cars I have and have driven.

  4. #63
    PakWheeler Follow
    Waqar.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    445
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The new corollas are pretty much complaint free, even the one's not equipped with ABS.
    As others pointed out earlier in this thread, the suspension in the local 06 corolla isn't anywhere close to corolla standards. Compare the ride height of PKDM and JDM corollas. local corollas have better ground clearance to allow for our demanding roads, at the cost of handling. Hence, poor handling, poor road grip and thus poor braking. The ABS alone isn't the solution here, i'm suggesting ABS + Stiffer suspension + lower ride height. That should cater to @jz's driving needs given his current power output.
    248/216-26

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,140
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    ground clearance - and CNG installations after which owners shim the rear springs to make up for the lost clearance and end up in a situation where the suspension geometry is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Ah I see!

    So why blame the car when it is this aftermarket buggery at fault?

    Jz's car does not have CNG and its not at all raised.
    RIP

  6. #65
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    @jz: why changing only the disc or performance brake pads....one of my friends have 2zzge rolla like ur shape with big brake kit...4 pot calipers i think....try to get 4 pot calipers brakes from xrs corolla or 2zzge celica gts...btw u cant used 15inch rims on these big brakes kit
    im running stock oem size that is 14iches
    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    How "hot" are we talking here? Please give me some tangible numbers: How many stops from what speed are you making before you notice this loss of performance?
    hot enought for the brakes not to perfom
    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Corollas have a very well designed braking system. These issues are not typical.
    yes they are world wide except Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    So WHY are the rear ends of the PDM Corollas so high?
    so the car dsnt hit on when our people over load them and also so the bottom touch touch the speed breakers,which i call car breakers

    update: located cross drilled rotors,will get them next week after eid inshAllah,not the ceramic ones after hearing how they work
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  7. #66
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Jz's car does not have CNG and its not at all raised.
    infact ill be dropping it 1.8inch sooon
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  8. #67
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waqar. View Post
    The new corollas are pretty much complaint free, even the one's not equipped with ABS.
    As others pointed out earlier in this thread, the suspension in the local 06 corolla isn't anywhere close to corolla standards. Compare the ride height of PKDM and JDM corollas. local corollas have better ground clearance to allow for our demanding roads, at the cost of handling. Hence, poor handling, poor road grip and thus poor braking. The ABS alone isn't the solution here, i'm suggesting ABS + Stiffer suspension + lower ride height. That should cater to @jz's driving needs given his current power output.
    the stiff suspension part is a no for me,my parents sit in my car as well n my dad has back bone problem so i cannot take the risk for that,
    rest anything n everything im open to do
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    ..............

    hot enought for the brakes not to perfom

    ...................
    How did you come to this conclusion? Multiple stops from 100 kmph? How many? Just one? Let's talk about some tangible data here.

    Drilled rotors are noisy and liable to crack around the holes if they don't have chamfered edges, specially if the rotors are not heat treated. They do help gases to escape, but that is a problem only a very harsh braking conditions found usually only on race tracks.

  10. #69
    PakWheeler Follow
    Waqar.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    445
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I'd still suggest a Japanese corolla suspension and braking system, keeping in mind your requirements for a soft ride. It'll be an inch and a half lower than the Pakistani setup, from what i know.
    248/216-26

  11. #70
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion? Multiple stops from 100 kmph? How many? Just one? Let's talk about some tangible data here.

    Drilled rotors are noisy and liable to crack around the holes if they don't have chamfered edges, specially if the rotors are not heat treated. They do help gases to escape, but that is a problem only a very harsh braking conditions found usually only on race tracks.
    i concluded it in this way
    ,i have two senarios
    1.wake up,car is started after few hours,brakes are cold,i brake hard ,the car stops
    2. i take several drives since i woke up,brakes temp is normal,i brake hard,car takes longer to stop

    my braking is usually hard at times,say about as u mention i apply hard brakes at 100kph,that time interval can cary from 30secs-3minutes
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  12. #71
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waqar. View Post
    I'd still suggest a Japanese corolla suspension and braking system, keeping in mind your requirements for a soft ride. It'll be an inch and a half lower than the Pakistani setup, from what i know.
    it is lower,i can use springs from a jdm corolla,
    i just got an y update,the drilled rotors i reserved were for a ae100 94-00,which im not sure if they'll fit,so the rotors delayed
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    i concluded it in this way
    ,i have two senarios
    1.wake up,car is started after few hours,brakes are cold,i brake hard ,the car stops
    2. i take several drives since i woke up,brakes temp is normal,i brake hard,car takes longer to stop

    my braking is usually hard at times,say about as u mention i apply hard brakes at 100kph,that time interval can cary from 30secs-3minutes
    This points to poor quality brake pads and glazed surfaces. I would suggest new solid rotors at the front (and rear if so equipped), retooling the drums at the rear (if applicable), good quality soft brake pads and new DOT4 brake fluid.

    I would also suggest checking the flexible brake hoses at each wheel well, and replacing with good Japanese parts, rubber or steel-braided. Other good ideas are checking the master cylinder, specially the small return port, and making sure the caliper sliders are not frozen to cause dragging of the brakes.

  14. #73
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    This points to poor quality brake pads and glazed surfaces. I would suggest new solid rotors at the front (and rear if so equipped), retooling the drums at the rear (if applicable), good quality soft brake pads and new DOT4 brake fluid.

    I would also suggest checking the flexible brake hoses at each wheel well, and replacing with good Japanese parts, rubber or steel-braided. Other good ideas are checking the master cylinder, specially the small return port, and making sure the caliper sliders are not frozen to cause dragging of the brakes.
    roger will do so n will update,the brakes has been serviced about 3k kms back,the pads are of original toyota ones
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  15. #74
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Early wheel lockup would suggest a problem with the tires, either too small a contact patch size, or poor friction with the road surface due to road surface or poor quality rubber.

    Corolla brakes are pretty good by design. I can slam on the brakes and be safe even without the ABS kicking in on my 2009 Corolla, in comparison to others cars I have and have driven.
    the tyre size is 14inch,which is oem for this model,the tyre is good year f1 ,the profile is 195/60
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    roger will do so n will update,the brakes has been serviced about 3k kms back,the pads are of original toyota ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    the tyre size is 14inch,which is oem for this model,the tyre is good year f1 ,the profile is 195/60
    Original Toyota meaning PDM parts? Get some Japanese imported pads.

    What was included in the "service" precisely?

    Were the calipers disassembled?

    Were the sliders pins opened up and lubricated, with new bushes?

    What is the UTQG rating of these Goodyear F1 tires?

  17. #76
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Original Toyota meaning PDM parts? Get some Japanese imported pads.

    What was included in the "service" precisely?

    Were the calipers disassembled?

    Were the sliders pins opened up and lubricated, with new bushes?

    What is the UTQG rating of these Goodyear F1 tires?
    yup pdm parts
    yes they were disassembled
    pins were opened but not lubricated i think
    not sure of the rating,wil have to c the tyre
    service included cleaning of brakes & replacing old pads with new ones
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  18. #77
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ vc
    this is the tyre
    Eagle F1 GS-D3 | Goodyear Tires
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  19. #78
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasay_ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,960
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    kia kia upgrade karougai bhai.Better upgrade ur car.You will get rid off many problems which ur currently facing.
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    yup pdm parts
    yes they were disassembled
    pins were opened but not lubricated i think
    not sure of the rating,wil have to c the tyre
    service included cleaning of brakes & replacing old pads with new ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    @ vc
    this is the tyre
    Eagle F1 GS-D3 | Goodyear Tires
    Get JDM brake pads and use proper shims and anti-squeal compound.
    Lubricate the slider pins with high temp brake grease.
    Those Goodyears are good, but you will get better results with a softer Michelin tire, but I do not know the local availability.
    Also go over the previous points I mentioned.

    The rest I can advise when I personally test drive your car!

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KamranAslam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    14,249
    Follows
    3
    Following
    7
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    9
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    The rest I can advise when I personally test drive your car!
    @jz: dont let him, he is a vette owner with long drives on vette.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •