283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Get JDM brake pads and use proper shims and anti-squeal compound.
    Lubricate the slider pins with high temp brake grease.
    Those Goodyears are good, but you will get better results with a softer Michelin tire, but I do not know the local availability.
    Also go over the previous points I mentioned.

The rest I can advise when I personally test drive your car!
    michelin is available here but dont u think that bridgestone or yokos would be better
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Waqar. View Post
    The new corollas are pretty much complaint free, even the one's not equipped with ABS.
    As others pointed out earlier in this thread, the suspension in the local 06 corolla isn't anywhere close to corolla standards. Compare the ride height of PKDM and JDM corollas. local corollas have better ground clearance to allow for our demanding roads, at the cost of handling. Hence, poor handling, poor road grip and thus poor braking. The ABS alone isn't the solution here, i'm suggesting ABS + Stiffer suspension + lower ride height. That should cater to @jz's driving needs given his current power output.
    why not consider an air suspension which lets you adjust stiffness and ride height with the push of a button
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get JDM brake pads and use proper shims and anti-squeal compound.
    Lubricate the slider pins with high temp brake grease.
    Those Goodyears are good, but you will get better results with a softer Michelin tire, but I do not know the local availability.
    Also go over the previous points I mentioned.

The rest I can advise when I personally test drive your car!
    michelins are avalaible in the market,but im happy with these tyres oo yeah u can drive my car anytime u want,when ull apply the brakes i pretty sure ull freak out
    Quote Originally Posted by KamranAslam View Post
    @jz: dont let him, he is a vette owner with long drives on vette.
    lol
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    why not consider an air suspension which lets you adjust stiffness and ride height with the push of a button
    that would be very expensive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jz y dont u got complete ALTIS brake setup
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lovesleeping View Post
    @jz y dont u got complete ALTIS brake setup
    didnt think of that,will check the details for that but the abs setup is expensive to wt i know,as expensive as changing the whole suspension,checked it a while back was for 40k something,im getting complete aftermarket trd suspension in that price bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure, I will do that on my next trip over.

However, even disc/drum combos on Corollas are effective brakes. Bad quality pads, rotors, fluid and/or poorly gripping tires may be to blame too, but whatever the problem, I am sure it can be fixed.
    I have Gli 2007 with 195 Dunlop tires and mileage of 30k on these tires. For the first time I read an Article on Brake oil written by Vchang and it struck me like lightening that I had been missing this important information regarding the Importance of brake oil and pros, cons if you don’t replace it on time. After further research on internet, I went for a brake flush and since the day I have never felt a problem with Rollas Brakes. It has improved a lot and currently I am very happy with it. May be a problem may still exist with faulty proportionating valve but right now I don’t feel the need to take over this important repair work. May be with drilled rotors, if you are able to find a correct size for corolla may improve your braking system further. Semi Metallic Brake pads are fine for corolla and trust me if you will keep your brake oil clean and lines free from air then you will never experience the braking over heating problems with Corolla.

I have studied somewhere that you should always bleed your brakes after every 10k km and flush it after every year to ensure best brake performance.

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    I have Gli 2007 with 195 Dunlop tires and mileage of 30k on these tires. For the first time I read an Article on Brake oil written by Vchang and it struck me like lightening that I had been missing this important information regarding the Importance of brake oil and pros, cons if you don’t replace it on time. After further research on internet, I went for a brake flush and since the day I have never felt a problem with Rollas Brakes. It has improved a lot and currently I am very happy with it. May be a problem may still exist with faulty proportionating valve but right now I don’t feel the need to take over this important repair work. May be with drilled rotors, if you are able to find a correct size for corolla may improve your braking system further. Semi Metallic Brake pads are fine for corolla and trust me if you will keep your brake oil clean and lines free from air then you will never experience the braking over heating problems with Corolla.

I have studied somewhere that you should always bleed your brakes after every 10k km and flush it after every year to ensure best brake performance.
    the bold part is something new for me,how ever i have been maintaning the car as mentioned in the owner's manual

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will have to look for the article again and as soon as I find it then I will post this again. Many of the sites I have gone through have recommended brake oil bleeding after every oil change. Rash driver should at least follow this very strictly. Site also said that Racing Track drivers bleed the brake oil after every race and once brake oil boils then bleeding becomes must in order to discharge the air from the system. Any way I have inquired this from many mechanics in Pakistan but all of them have shown me look like I was asking something out from moon. Recently I went for a brake flush of my Liana car and once I went out for a test drive then brakes were even worst then before and paddle was not coming back to its original position. Later on I found out that once you take the paddle down to the ground then mechanic is suppose to close the valve before your taking the paddle off otherwise air can enter inside the system again. Problem was immediately removed by further bleeding the system and recovering the air from lines. This simply highlights that you need to look for good mechanic who knows how to perform bleeding. Failing brakes are not because of your burning the brake pads but it has more to do with boiling the brake oil and compressing the air in lines.

Corollas problem is definitely to do with improper distribution of brake oil in lines or in simple words you can say that all the tires don’t lock properly once brakes are applied. So problem becomes more simple, make sure you change the brake oil and use good quality semi metallic brake pads with good tires. I am very positive that issue will be resolved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List