1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default THE COROLLA ATTITUDE.

well,,here is my observation while driving a corolla,,,the people tend to give way more easily and at junctions they tend to stop for a corolla to pass them,,,,this was not something which i felt while driving my cultus,,,,,,,,,,

no offense to any city users,,but i think honda city might be a better car aerodynmaically or comfort wise,,,BUT it does not posses the ""corolla attitude"" and ""status symbol""which corolla enjoys................

any comments.????
    nothingh last forever,,even cold november rain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well well well ... intresting convo going on here ...

Sitting in rolla and people giving you way if that satisfies your ego and you think its so called status symbol than my dear bro be happy with that

i don't like the current model of rolla it freaking sucks ... you guys might not like the fact but it is butt ugly ... previous indus corolla now thats what i call a exective car ...

you know mentallity of a typical (thats the reason i have heard from MOST of the ppl ) rolla buyer?? THE PARTS ARE CHEAP ... status symbol ? cheapo ?

Putting a 1300 CC engine in a pregnant elephant and expect it NOT to have any problems? thats STUPID

00 Civic has more elegence, style and comfort than a new SE Saloon hands down
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic has ugly interior, now thats some thing which is not denyable, civic has ugly *** , luks as if it just gave birth to quadruplets....which you guys would love to call aerodynamics...
    corolla is much more spacious, which no 1 can question upon. new rolla saloon comes wid abs brakes and if you guys still say it's brakes are pathetic den you guys love to critisize corolla!!
    @baqai
    you know mentallity of a typical (thats the reason i have heard from MOST of the ppl ) rolla buyer?? THE PARTS ARE CHEAP ... status symbol ? cheapo ?

this is the thought of 99% of people who buy cars.

ne ways maintanence and parts are not cheap, i have both 2.0d saloon 2005 and exi 2004, 2.0d service after 2 weeks costs me 2000 rs and monthly it drinks 10000rs worth of diesel so it comes up to 18000rs which i dont know who would say is less... and we pay 40000rs extra than se to buy 2d..

look i've been reading all the replies , we paki people get emotional, doesnt matter whether its corolla guys or civic guys..
    every body has its own choice and plz let them live with it.

and no matter what people say corolla is a STATUS SYMBOL , i feel better in corolla than in civic.....
    corolla is a pure class , no Bull@$%$^

another concept you guys have in your minds is that corolla is driven by paindu people......
    the sure reason for this is that when you see corolla you automatically see the driver , i guess the reason is that its tall and more see thru, on the other hand when we see civic we see the front part , the head lamps etc....
    this is my observation!! , could be wrong!

and those civic ppl who convert them to cng sure have alot ofSTATUS, bull@%$#@%

COROLLA IS KEEPIN IT REEL!!
    Tough times never last, but tough people DO...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra
    I have read the topic a little late
    iam not a corrolla advocate.
    According to your saying the beetle's production was stopped in 2003 and then corrolla passed the mark.
    well iam afraid that might not be the fact, in guiness book of world records of 2001 i have seen that corrolla had the largest number of selling in the whole world. today the number has increased to 3 crore 20 lac , so how can you say that when beettle stopped production then it corolla passed the mark.
    To the other fact that corolla has been selling from 3-4 decades now. but beetle has also has been selling from a long time.
    -

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone driving a 1.6 VTEC in Pakistan thinks they're driving a local made Ferrari! Pick races with the Alto's to the Mercs(yes even the SL55 AMG)! I mean what the heck is wrong with these guys? Been sick of hearing about how powerful the VTi is..when the Altis came, these guys didnt say a word..atleast the Altis guys arent showoff's..never heard anyone with an Altis on this forum saying we beat a Civic etc! Civic owners(no offence to anyone), are egocenntric wannabee's! Enjoy!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know abt cars in pakistan. i mean havent driven the latest corollas, however its not only pakistan. ab pakistani companies go garee assembling sahi nahi ati tu is main toyota ya toyota corolla ka kya qasoor. corollas r the best cars all over. dynamicall, engine has a better life than others, economical, parts are easy to get. aur sab sai baree baat TOYOTA hai. yaar indus sai kaho ke pehley assembling sekhaain tab garyaan banain. if toyo-japan came to know that corollas have been like this. they r going to ..... indus motors.
    Amazing things happen when you turbocharge a TOYOTA!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree to gli and tauseef both
    I had a Vti in pakistan a brand new vti oriel 2005
    the power was there but you cannot say that it has got a great power or some thin it was just a normal car. and people always shout that vtec is economical, well it is only when you keep your car under 4500 rpm when ever you go over it it becomes very juicy.
    and i went to an oil change shop and there was a guy there who had owned a new vti said that this is the worst car of all, bad assembling and parts quality, the lights were filled with water the engine was not reving properly the rubbers of the door panels had come out all that in just one month.
    overall i think, although i have not driven the se saloon or the Altis but i have driven the Gli it really runs well and it has a kinda open engine it can stretch its legs and on the other hand honda looks a little jammed.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL, after reading all this it's pretty obvious that Corolla owners suffer from a major inferiority complex to even bother posting a bull thread like this. Relax guys, one day you too shall be able to afford atleast a Honda City. lmao
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know where this is heading ... this all started with these comments

well,,here is my observation while driving a corolla,,,the people tend to give way more easily and at junctions they tend to stop for a corolla to pass them,,,,this was not something which i felt while driving my cultus,,,,,,,,,,

no offense to any city users,,
    but i think honda city might be a better car aerodynmaically or comfort wise,,,

BUT it does not posses the ""corolla attitude"" and ""status symbol""which corolla enjoys................
    see our typical mentality is "the bigger the better" so ofcourse in view of general public a freaking wannabe SUV with 13" wheels is BIG ( courtesy Cylestine )

he himself admits ( a rolla fanboy who started this topic ) that honda is better in aerodynamics and comfort ... so ya guys be happy with your attitude problem i rather have a smoother more comfortable ride ... oh did i mention with a much much better mileage? and better performance? ( city's 1.3 engine actually suits the body unlike rolla's in which a huge *** body is fitted with a tiny whiny engine ) ...
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's also funny that people keep bringing up Altis when *trying* to find an engine that can compare to VTi, however Altis hasn't really been selling well at all. Breaks are still crappy, engine feels underpowered, it guzzles fuel like anything and remarkably only outputs about 130hp (about 2hp more than VTi) yet with a massive difference of 200CC.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asd bhai, we know you just purchased the car of your dreams. you need not go crazy over it...bhai lugtah hai you just purchased an SLR (6) LOL...any ways, i hope you will be installing Power windows soon in your luxury vehicle(eh, where did all the luxury go? ), and wider tyres to further stabilize the rock solid vehicle..(hmmm, i wonder why? ) ....Corolla attitude?, hmmmm, thats something new ....mujhe nahin patah tha
    Bees waal 4 life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL, after reading all this it's pretty obvious that Corolla owners suffer from a major inferiority complex to even bother posting a bull thread like this.
    Whats equally, if not more hilarious is the fact that Honda owners will continue to justify themselves with equal vigour yet its the same intellectuals that are oblivious of the fact that Civics have a shorter period of ownership than ANY Corolla.
    Some genious here mentioned that Corolla's were taxis. There's a reason einstein, they're reliable. Honda never sold any to the Motorway police, fleet operators or otherwise. Its just indivdual owners here that have delusions of owning a performer. Baaah!
    As far as people commenting on looks goes (note to Baqai) there's people that find the Audi TT and the Z9 butt ugly too! There's no accounting for taste.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fli_Gti, well said yo!

@Cylestyne, underpowered? Maybe you have a supercharged 1.6L VTEC engine, probably mistakely put in by Honda Atlas! Damn, it aint you only, thats what every Civic owner thinks!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On Cylestene's comment about the horspower difference.
    The Corolla's 1.6 non-vtec mill produces more torque than the Civvy's 1.6 VTACK.
    3ZZ-FE - 111 lbft@3800
    D16Z7 - 107 lbft @ 5500
    So you keep revving them lumps until VTACK kicks in and you see/notice anything that resembles torque.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just had to butt into this conversation.

To me it seems like this entire conversation of Toy (Coroly) Vs. Honey (Civic) has turned into .....
    THE COROLLA ATTITUDE -642968

The BMW of Pakistan (Honda Civic), versus the Mercedez of Pakistan (Toyota Corolla)....

But seriously, in US, if you look at age-wise, and which age group prefers which car... then, Both Toyota Corolla and Honda Accord are preffered mainly by Middle Age group, in Mid-40 and 50s, and Honda Civic and Mazda-6, both Sporty, are preffered by Teenagers and people in early to mid 20s, both for Fun to drive experience and sporty handling.

Having owned both, the Civic and the Corolla. I liked both of them . I liked Civic for fun to drive sporty feel, and liked Corolla for smooth and agile driving experience.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asd123 i totally agree with you.
    I made a terrble mistake i bought a honda. When whole country was blaming about corollas brakes. But when i cheked it myself i did not find any faults with corolla brakes.
    Honda is not better than corolla. Every one that blames toyota for do not have it in there garage. I have driven it many times with every driving style but found nothing wrong with brakes. Although i am really diappointed with my new honda. it drags to a side, inspite of cheking at honda. Horrible fuel economy. You can not touch the bonut while you are closing it and if you press it with your hands, there is a dent waiting for you. its a tissue car.
    After all toyota is toyota.
    Every one blaming its brakes is like that fox.. who says grapes are sour.

regards
    kashif

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As for selling the car to goverment someone already mentioned that city is being given instead of xli now ... i cant confirm it so wouldnt say anything but if that is true what do you say now?

another aspect ( subject to both honda and rolla or any other car ) let me be very straight these big time govt contracts are subject to bribes ... you know that and i know that ... biggest briber gets the contract so lets keep reliability and safety and blah blah blah out of consideration here fine?

i think so cylestine was trying to point out that toyota's ingenious DOHC 1.8 VVti engine only pumps out 134.10 bhp while Honda's SOHC 1.6 Vti engine manages to pump out 128.74 bhp now with that increase in engine displacement i would expect a bigger boost in performance

someone pointed out that civc users don't keep the model for that long .... yeah you are right thats because civic model DO KEEPS CHANGING unlike that of rolla ... they will rape one single model till infinity .... and than they pick another old model and bring it in so honda users do have an excuse to change their cars every 4-5 years or so

when i am spending 8+ lakh rs i damn well need a good comfortable ride with all the accessories ... when was the last time you saw a basic rolla model being offered with power windows and automatic transmission?
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kids and their toys.

Mine is best! NO NO NO mine is best.

The replies in these posts remind me of the story of a frog in a well. Dears, please come out of your respective wells and enlighten yourself with the technology of 21st century.
    Drive safe, life is precious

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why do elders always cut the fun when it starts ?

pssssssst honda is still betta ...
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With all due respect to the elders of the community, the argument of this thread is ridiculous by nature. Most of the 'Honda supporters' or 'fanboys' aren't exactly masturbating to pictures of their Civics, they are supporting it by solid backing, on the other hand the corolla owners dont seem to be doing so 8-)

And FLI_GTI, please bring your 1.6 GLI or whichever you have and lets have a friendly race? I can guarantee your 1.6whatever wont even be able to touch my 'supercharged 1.6vti' as you so kindly put it Heck, I'll given you an advantage, I'll race you in a plain old EXi to give myself a bit of a handicap. Fair enough?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anytime, anyday,anywhere! It'll be a pleasure

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List