Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla Maintenance Checkup/work Cost

Just for reference what toyota quoted

Corolla Maintenance Checkup/work Cost - 6254204826 f5ee3f00b9 bCorolla Maintenance Checkup/work Cost - 6254190144 238e7f1716 b

RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by theone326 View Post
    around 66000 ruppees isnt it more?? my honda 80k checkup costed me around 40000 ssheessh man.. CAROLLA is xpensive??
    As @qwertypoiu clarified below this is the max bill if you replace all the things. At 80,000 Kms they check all these things and if these parts need replacement only then these are replaced otherwise they wouldn't change it. Also use your discretion and see what things are essential. For example I would require only break service, fluids replacements and belts inspection at 80K. I do not need tunning, plugs, oil change, balancing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    i was telling a wise guy on forums, brand new parts (genuine) of Honda and Corolla would be more or less the same in price. but he kept on insisting Toyota parts are dirt cheap
    Toyota parts are dirt cheap if you buy from open market. You can get original stuff at reduced prices as 3S dealers have to charge GST and their profit also, while open market prices do not include GST. It is just like the difference in price of a cup of coffee at Gloria Jeans, Marriott or Gol Market Jinnah Super.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Only thing different is the fan belts and ac belts etc for the 80k rest is same as 40k. and as per me they are subject to inspection if they are okay condition they might not need to be replaced. but One should get it done because engine sound will be reduced and things will be smooth.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quality of work of quality or fluids are not out of this world so note down all the things they done and mechanic will do everything in around 2 to 3000 Rs.

TB cleaning 1200 haha one of the easiest thing to do :p
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brother are you sure they will carry out all those maintenance that they are charging you for? My friend had very bad experience with Toyota Garden Motors. He went for his xli scheduled maintenance and they also showed him a list like this. A few days after work was done his car started moving to left while braking. He checked with toyota again and they said that tyres need alignment. He showed them the list from few days earlier and it said that tyres alignment had been done and asked them why did they charge him if work wasnt done. My friend made a scene and the manager came and said that they didnt have blah blah so they would have done the alignment on the next check and not charge for it. So my friend asked that until next check I am supposed to drive my car with out of alignment wheels? The manager had no explanation and refunded the money for alignment. This made him suspicious of the other work done and the first thing he got checked were the spark plugs. He showed 2 local mechanics who both said that spark plug was in good condition but was far from being brand new. HE stopped getting his work done from Toyota after this.

IMO you cannot just give the car and pay the money and expect all the work on the list to be done as these service centers are not honest at all. IMO you have got the list of things that need to be changed. Go to Toyota walton and buy all those items. Then go to a reliable mechanic and get them replaced one by one infront of your own eyes.
    Its not some work of few day. All this in done in 3 to 4 hrs. leave your car any where wither toyota ds dealer or who ever you, are meant to be ripped off.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    Quality of work of quality or fluids are not out of this world so note down all the things they done and mechanic will do everything in around 2 to 3000 Rs.

TB cleaning 1200 haha one of the easiest thing to do :p
    Throttle body setting is a bit tricky in efi cars and has to be done with help of a scan. About labour yes quite true 3s Dealers are expensive.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in auto parts business and know very well that how many fake items are available in market.But every man in this country is not corrupt.If every man is selling fake products,then you will not see so many cars on roads.They will stay in workshops for long period of times.I can give you the list of products which are easily available in market and are OEM or equivalent to OEM

1.Toyota oil filter(OEM) for Xli Rs.350
    2.Spark plugs NGK japan Rs.160
    3.Air filter OEM Rs.1050
    4.Prestone synthetic fuel Rs.1000
    injector cleaner USA(473ml)
    5.Comp.and gen.belt by bando japan Rs.400
    or optibelt germany
    6.Power steering belt -do- Rs.200
    7.Belt for 1.6 and 1.8 -do- Rs.850
    8.Front disc pads OEM Rs.3000

The car is used by my brother(Xli) and has done 198000(genuine engine).No issues.Using Zic XQ oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

since you are in the business, can you tell price of the Suspension the torsion bars and shock+springs etc.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

since you are in the business, can you tell price of the Suspension the torsion bars and shock+springs etc.
    Itni jaldi mutt mar di?
    I'd still suggest you to buy the parts from montgomery and take it to good work shop. i can assure the money saved would be enough to have a nice dinner at PC for two.
    I used to want to change the world. Now I just want to leave the room with a little dignity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xain91 View Post
    Itni jaldi mutt mar di?
    I'd still suggest you to buy the parts from montgomery and take it to good work shop. i can assure the money saved would be enough to have a nice dinner at PC for two.
    Pc mehanga hoe gia ha kia ? or you are saying one would save 3k
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this mandatory to keep up a certain warranty? If not then all this work is dead bolts easy to do and would cost about 1/3rd or even less if you are smart and handy.

Most bits n pieces are downright crazy - the automatic belt tensioner and belt itself are very heavy duty and usually work well till 250,000 kms. your tranny fluid is good for the initial 100,000 kms - the PS fluid was a yearly routine for hydraulic one - no longer needed as new are EPS. The fuel filter O ring is Rs 360/- is it packed with a few packs of cigarettes or does it come delivered to you by a bikini wearing model? A regular fuel resistant O ring for the fuel filter costs Rs 20 in retail, and Rs 11 in case and even cheaper in bulk.

The 50,000 miles checklist of a toyota corolla anywhere in the world does not entail replacing so many parts.

I am all about preventive maintenance but this list seems to me that the only thing remaining was to replace the bulbs because they will burn out soon. Literally downright crazy.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2009+ models has EPS, the one in question in hydraulic one and is 2006 model
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If a toyota dealer showed this to a customer here in the US - the customer would shoot off the service advisors nads.

80,000 kms service involves reconditioning your car sir because it was manufactured with recycled dalda tins by stoned monkeys and actually our boss wants to buy the new Audi S8 that just arrived. So please pay up meri nokri ka sawaal hai.

How come they never even bothered to show me such lists when I was fooling around in there service. some dealerships would usually call me for troubleshooting cars that did not have a corolla badge on its back.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tayyabbaig View Post
    U sure??? 6000Rs?
    Mind some time to brief it plz.
    First of all, whenever I decide to perform a detailed service on my vehicle then I take an appointment from mechanic and on that specific day, I bring him over to my place along with his tools. I present him with list of tasks which I demand from him and in return I finalize a lump sum amount with him such as Rs 2000 or 2500 and he happily does his job. Since you have asked me to shed some light on so called 80,000 km service so first of all engine oil, oil filter, plugs, Air filter, Front and rear brake shoes does not fall under 80,000 km service because it comes under normal or day to day maintance procedure which every individual follows.

80,000 km maintenance cycles includes changing all sort of fluids, brake servicing, throttle body wash, fuel filters only if they are dirty and mostly cars which runs on CNG does not requires changing fuel filter and cleaning fuel injectors. Now I am going to quote the average price of imported quality items available in local market along with the quantity required to perform the service excluding the labor cost.

Item Brand Price Quantity Total Material Cost
    Brake Oil ---- 160 4 Rs 740
    Gear Oil Zic 480 2 960
    Steering Oil Zic 500 2 1000
    Belt Steering, Fan branded 400 2 800
    /generator

Total 3500

Rest, 2500 Labor should include oil change, oil filter change, gear oil changing, steering oil changing, Brake Oil bleeding and servicing, fan belts changing, installing new Air Filter, throttle body wash, plugs cleanup, checking fuel filter etc. Changing steering oil is so easy that I did it myself after looking at few videos on Youtube.

It would take maximum 5 to 6 working hours for mechanic to finish these tasks and in return what he gets is Rs 2500.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Throttle body setting is a bit tricky in efi cars and has to be done with help of a scan. About labour yes quite true 3s Dealers are expensive.
    As long as you dont fiddle with sensors no issues. I clean mine its a 15 mins job and I have EFI CAR :p.

100% agree with what Zulfiqar said i mean i feel is just TOO Expensive. I swapped complete engine in 40k and they maintaining it in 60k lol.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are certain procedures for the fully electric throttle body to self learn its calibration which can be done without the Toyota it2 tester. But throttle cleaning is not a general maintenance requirement now as the idle is controlled by the blade movement itself there is no "ported" motor whose port can get sludged up.

The older throttle bodies required you to check blade clearance with a feeler gauge first, then adjust the stop (because CNG ustaad has terribly messed it up) - adjust TPS setting, clean, adjust lube and seal the ISC motor. Only required in extreme cases or inherently bad cases like the Santro, the love of cleaning the throttle body in Pakistan has boiled down to downright stupidity - along the same lines of binning the thermostat and running direct radiator fan.

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

many people buy the cars but think twice before doing any maintenance work,
    buy the car u can easily maintain!
    qwerty
    its almost the same as 40k kms check,i pais about 22k for that exclusing the plugs which costed 4.6k and the air filter which costed 2.6k,which both are my own inventory
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    There are certain procedures for the fully electric throttle body to self learn its calibration which can be done without the Toyota it2 tester. But throttle cleaning is not a general maintenance requirement now as the idle is controlled by the blade movement itself there is no "ported" motor whose port can get sludged up.

The older throttle bodies required you to check blade clearance with a feeler gauge first, then adjust the stop (because CNG ustaad has terribly messed it up) - adjust TPS setting, clean, adjust lube and seal the ISC motor. Only required in extreme cases or inherently bad cases like the Santro, the love of cleaning the throttle body in Pakistan has boiled down to downright stupidity - along the same lines of binning the thermostat and running direct radiator fan.
    cleaning a non electronic throttle shdnt b much of a hastle,taking it off surely is though,when i got my 40k kms service done,i inspected the throttle body,it isnt v complex,the idle valve was almost choke n still the car was trouble free
    and funny thing is none of the mechanics tell u to clean the intake manifold which had tons of dust in it
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the mechanics you have as average mechanics in Pakistan are simple part fitters - they are not mechanics - for a qualified mechanic ask him if there is no mark for TDC on the block against the crank pulley how would they find dead zero TDC on an engine? Nearly all wont know this answer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its simply crazy - 1000 for Master cylinder service - 1600 for replacing oil - 600 for bleeding? Whats next ? 1250 rupees for scratching balls while no one is looking?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone who claims their car is "mint", "showroom condition", "as new" etc shoudl be able to produce such reciepts,.. if you can't go to a main dealer (or there isn't one), then just stick to what you know but stay away from tall claims.

1litre of petron for 500rs???? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

however i should point out that the 60000km service of my E280 was less than this...
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brother are you sure they will carry out all those maintenance that they are charging you for? My friend had very bad experience with Toyota Garden Motors. He went for his xli scheduled maintenance and they also showed him a list like this. A few days after work was done his car started moving to left while braking. He checked with toyota again and they said that tyres need alignment. He showed them the list from few days earlier and it said that tyres alignment had been done and asked them why did they charge him if work wasnt done. My friend made a scene and the manager came and said that they didnt have blah blah so they would have done the alignment on the next check and not charge for it. So my friend asked that until next check I am supposed to drive my car with out of alignment wheels? The manager had no explanation and refunded the money for alignment. This made him suspicious of the other work done and the first thing he got checked were the spark plugs. He showed 2 local mechanics who both said that spark plug was in good condition but was far from being brand new. HE stopped getting his work done from Toyota after this.

IMO you cannot just give the car and pay the money and expect all the work on the list to be done as these service centers are not honest at all. IMO you have got the list of things that need to be changed. Go to Toyota walton and buy all those items. Then go to a reliable mechanic and get them replaced one by one infront of your own eyes.
    He must have given the car to mechanic and would have preferred to sit in the lounge to enjoy a free cup of tea . Had he been there with the car and kept checking whats going on, how on earth toyota guyz would have dodged him?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

22. 25-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Site Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List