Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 383
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: 2ZZGE - Indus Corolla (Tilsim)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Talking 2ZZGE - Indus Corolla (Tilsim)

    Assalam-o-Alaekum..

    I hope you're all well.. I have recently sold my Baleno and bought myself an indus corolla.. I'm making this thread regarding the car.. I will be trying to update the thread regularly with any additions that i make..

    2ZZGE - Indus Corolla Tilsim -387377


    Pictures and details of engine on page # 5.
    Teaser video of first gear launch on page # 8.
    0 - 100 video on page # 14.
    30 - 200 video on page # 14.
    Pictures and details brakes & coilovers service on page # 16.
    Pictures further lowering on page # 16.
    Pictures of Car from 2nd Annual PW Car show on page # 18.

    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  2. #201
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    get it tinted too!
    btw, what average is the 2zzge giving?
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  3. #202
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    get it tinted too!
    btw, what average is the 2zzge giving?
    Yaar cant get it tinted.. i live in cantt, and i dont want to get into an argument at every other turn.. there are like a zillion checkposts in lhr..

    Average so far is pretty good.. its between 10-12km..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  4. #203
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SpoonMotorSports's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,493
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    is this the 2zzge from the celica? 190hp?
    Honda Tuning Solutions
    03468152233

  5. #204
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    is this the 2zzge from the celica? 190hp?
    Yes it is.. it came in a few cars.. Celica, lotus, Corolla xrs..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  6. #205
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Do you have O2 sensor connected in exhaust?

    mileage of g engine cannot be compared to f engine, more power you put on, less mileage you will get its mileage cannot be compared to corolla altis..1.8L

    most toyota engines in pk are running on stock ecu unless specified
    honda engines ecu are easier to chip but not toys.


    if you will try to reduce fuel intake you will damage engine. you can chk with previous owner if it has stock injectors, though i repeat any modification will require a detailed resetting and i dont think previous owner did anything to stock settings other than a mushroom intake and wide exhaust.

    you have a celica GT and you have to adjust yr fuel funds accordingly.

    im sorry but celica GT doesnt come any cheaper in Pk than what you have
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  7. #206
    N2O
    N2O is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    N2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,317
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    atlast somebody took a plunge and got this in a indus corolla,this engine is very responsive once tuned on the wideband with safc/vafc with intake/header/exhaust.

    A friend of mine owns this in his altis,and though his car was a heavy car with 17s and all but even still he used to keep up with my k24a2,almost


    i would advise two things.

    1- lc1 wideband kit,costs 21k from karachi,takes 30mins to install and you can start monitoring the afr's.
    2- get safc/vafc to correctly dial in the required afr at every specified rpm. costs anywhere between 12-15k nowadays.


    the slighest change in temperature/humidity/altitude of the air changes the afr readings of a car. and if you have put on an intake etc,dont be fooled that you would just gain hp out of the box "without" tuning the afr. any mod done to the engine like intake/header/exhaust would lean out the afr on a stock ecu.


    hope you find some good points here.


    best of luck in your project.
    knowledge is horsepower

  8. #207
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    Do you have O2 sensor connected in exhaust?

    mileage of g engine cannot be compared to f engine, more power you put on, less mileage you will get its mileage cannot be compared to corolla altis..1.8L

    most toyota engines in pk are running on stock ecu unless specified
    honda engines ecu are easier to chip but not toys.


    if you will try to reduce fuel intake you will damage engine. you can chk with previous owner if it has stock injectors, though i repeat any modification will require a detailed resetting and i dont think previous owner did anything to stock settings other than a mushroom intake and wide exhaust.

    you have a celica GT and you have to adjust yr fuel funds accordingly.

    im sorry but celica GT doesnt come any cheaper in Pk than what you have
    I knew what i was keeping as a pet when i got this.. i am not at all going to try to change its fueling requirements at all.. its fine the way it is.. i do need to adjust its cold engine startup chowk throttle temperature setting.. because it takes a bit more time to reach the optimum temperature level.. and rpms don't drop below 1400 untill then.. which means excessive consumption.. annoying sound.. compromised braking..



    Quote Originally Posted by N2O View Post
    atlast somebody took a plunge and got this in a indus corolla,this engine is very responsive once tuned on the wideband with safc/vafc with intake/header/exhaust.

    A friend of mine owns this in his altis,and though his car was a heavy car with 17s and all but even still he used to keep up with my k24a2,almost


    i would advise two things.

    1- lc1 wideband kit,costs 21k from karachi,takes 30mins to install and you can start monitoring the afr's.
    2- get safc/vafc to correctly dial in the required afr at every specified rpm. costs anywhere between 12-15k nowadays.


    the slighest change in temperature/humidity/altitude of the air changes the afr readings of a car. and if you have put on an intake etc,dont be fooled that you would just gain hp out of the box "without" tuning the afr. any mod done to the engine like intake/header/exhaust would lean out the afr on a stock ecu.


    hope you find some good points here.


    best of luck in your project.
    For one, thanks for appreciating.. for second, i do take your suggestions seriously.. i plan to add a few more things.. which may include what you mentioned as well.. but all in good time.. for now its up and running.. good enough to take on quite a few good cars head to head.. i can't bring my 0-100 time under 5.6 seconds yet.. but with a few adjustments.. and by burning more rubber, clutch and fuel i'll be down to 5 seconds flat in a few days..
    I'll be adding more stuff.. but slowly now that i've exhausted my funds till here..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  9. #208
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    MASHALLAH superbb!!!!!!!

  10. #209
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @tilsim, bro, why not get those bumpers matched...? and also,the blue engine cover (or whatever its called, dun know, sorry ).

    they would look better, i think.

    BTW, ur car reminds me of our 2000 model XEG... She was a gem to have in a good condition... ur efforts are awesome.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  11. #210
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfsmostwanted View Post
    MASHALLAH superbb!!!!!!!
    JazakAllah.



    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    @tilsim, bro, why not get those bumpers matched...? and also,the blue engine cover (or whatever its called, dun know, sorry ).

    they would look better, i think.

    BTW, ur car reminds me of our 2000 model XEG... She was a gem to have in a good condition... ur efforts are awesome.
    Yaar actually, i like the gray black combination as it is.. its good.. thinking about getting the blue ones changed to black.. but i want candy black.. which is a bit hard to get.. lets see.. i may just do it..
    And your car must've been a gem.. these corolla's are fun to drive and easy to maintain..!!
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  12. #211
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I knew what i was keeping as a pet when i got this.. i am not at all going to try to change its fueling requirements at all.. its fine the way it is.. i do need to adjust its cold engine startup chowk throttle temperature setting.. because it takes a bit more time to reach the optimum temperature level.. and rpms don't drop below 1400 untill then.. which means excessive consumption.. annoying sound.. compromised braking..



    get thermostate valve checked, its not working or has been removed,
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  13. #212
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    BMW7Series's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    8,951
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    extreme
    Maa Da Laddlaa Vigar Gaya.... Chevy Aveo Ly K Nikal Gaya.

  14. #213
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    I knew what i was keeping as a pet when i got this.. i am not at all going to try to change its fueling requirements at all.. its fine the way it is.. i do need to adjust its cold engine startup chowk throttle temperature setting.. because it takes a bit more time to reach the optimum temperature level.. and rpms don't drop below 1400 untill then.. which means excessive consumption.. annoying sound.. compromised braking..



    get thermostate valve checked, its not working or has been removed,
    Got it checked.. apparently its working fine.. fan is automatic as well..



    Quote Originally Posted by BMW7Series View Post
    extreme
    Thanks..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  15. #214
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tilsim View Post
    Got it checked.. apparently its working fine.. fan is automatic as well..




    Thanks..
    go to mech, ask him to inspect thermostat valve or rechk with another one.
    its not completly blocking coolant on cold engine,

    secndly, you have to wait for weather to get warmer

    my scion used to idle higher in cold weather for long time
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  16. #215
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    also send message to hamza, e100 coilovers are arranged by mech, ph him
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  17. #216
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    go to mech, ask him to inspect thermostat valve or rechk with another one.
    its not completly blocking coolant on cold engine,

    secndly, you have to wait for weather to get warmer

    my scion used to idle higher in cold weather for long time
    Sure i'll get it rechecked by mechanic suggested by you.. and yes it does take longer, not like it never comes down.. it comes down when i let it idle for 10 mins.. :-s



    Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    also send message to hamza, e100 coilovers are arranged by mech, ph him
    Sure thing.. done..!!
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  18. #217
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SpoonMotorSports's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,493
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N2O View Post
    atlast somebody took a plunge and got this in a indus corolla,this engine is very responsive once tuned on the wideband with safc/vafc with intake/header/exhaust.

    A friend of mine owns this in his altis,and though his car was a heavy car with 17s and all but even still he used to keep up with my k24a2,almost


    i would advise two things.

    1- lc1 wideband kit,costs 21k from karachi,takes 30mins to install and you can start monitoring the afr's.
    2- get safc/vafc to correctly dial in the required afr at every specified rpm. costs anywhere between 12-15k nowadays.


    the slighest change in temperature/humidity/altitude of the air changes the afr readings of a car. and if you have put on an intake etc,dont be fooled that you would just gain hp out of the box "without" tuning the afr. any mod done to the engine like intake/header/exhaust would lean out the afr on a stock ecu.


    hope you find some good points here.


    best of luck in your project.
    I dont agree the ecu will be reading off higher(Load/vacuum) cells - because the more air it sees the different cells it will read from
    Honda Tuning Solutions
    03468152233

  19. #218
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    I dont agree the ecu will be reading off higher(Load/vacuum) cells - because the more air it sees the more fuel it will throw
    I agree with you.. since this was never an economy engine to begin with.. this was built for performance and came with an ecu to give performance.. it never came with intentions to cut fuel or give economy..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

  20. #219
    N2O
    N2O is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    N2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,317
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    I dont agree the ecu will be reading off higher(Load/vacuum) cells - because the more air it sees the more fuel it will throw
    are you in lay man terms trying to say that even if this person here installs some cams,high cr pistons,ported mani and nice custom header then his ecu would "itself" adjust to the fuel requirement it sees? he wouldnt have to do anything?

    same goes if he puts on a small turbo kit?

    Have you EVER connected an aftermarket wideband to a stock car? have you recorded what afr it reads in stock form and what it reads after a mod like an intake or exhaust etc?

    im saying all this because i have DONE this. Its pretty much useless talking sense on pakwheels most of the time because:

    1- most people talk internet (see whats written on performance sites and just talk
    2- they have never experimented themselves anything on their own


    this is the foremost reason i have almost left pakwheels and moved on to much more professional sites available on the net where you atleast try to learn something up. People post things which they have really experimented on and they try to help others out.


    anyways to each to his own.
    knowledge is horsepower

  21. #220
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tilsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,255
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N2O View Post
    are you in lay man terms trying to say that even if this person here installs some cams,high cr pistons,ported mani and nice custom header then his ecu would "itself" adjust to the fuel requirement it sees? he wouldnt have to do anything?

    same goes if he puts on a small turbo kit?

    Have you EVER connected an aftermarket wideband to a stock car? have you recorded what afr it reads in stock form and what it reads after a mod like an intake or exhaust etc?

    im saying all this because i have DONE this. Its pretty much useless talking sense on pakwheels most of the time because:

    1- most people talk internet (see whats written on performance sites and just talk
    2- they have never experimented themselves anything on their own


    this is the foremost reason i have almost left pakwheels and moved on to much more professional sites available on the net where you atleast try to learn something up. People post things which they have really experimented on and they try to help others out.


    anyways to each to his own.
    Coming back to what you're saying.. Firstly mate, there are two different things, 1. To learn.. 2. to share what you've learnt.. For learning you go to more professional sites or discuss or experiment.. for 2nd part, you share your knowledge for noobs like me.. Nothing to be pissed off about..

    Back to what you've guided about.. to my knowledge, the stock adding an intake or free flow exhaust does not require adjustments with the ECU.. however if you're talking about big bores, high compression pistons, twin polished heads, ported manifolds etc etc.. you would definitely require adjustments to the ecu.. there's a difference between the level of mods you make and the resulting required change in the ecu settings..
    So far, the internals are stock with stock ecu.. it does have headers, free flow pipe, cold air intake.. thats abt it.. Now please correct me if i'm wrong.. does only this little change require adjustments to ECU of a performance engine? I'm a noob.. so kindly explain in easy terms..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •