0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine optimization Corolla 2.0D

I am posting you 2 pictures. These were taken at higher resolution but have been scaled down by the website.

Engine optimization Corolla 2.0D - amcolian1097 albums mycar picture6532 2

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ture6531-1.jpg

In the first one you see 2 plungers one is that of CSD (the one in depth) and I wanted to know the function of the second one. Both were marked by me as plunger1 &2 but due to resizing the font is too small to read.

In the second picture there is an adjustment screw which is lying loose and I want you to please tell me its function and what to do with it?

Fiinally of course please tell me the the correct way to release the CSD.

BTW my mechanic is far from competent. That is why I want that I should be aware of what needs to be done and how is that to be done. I will just ask him to do what I would learn from you.

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

Thanks a lot.I have visited the mechanic and he said that nothing needs to be done in my 2004 2.0D Saloon.But I insisted on checking the nozzles and after removing and seeing them, I was advised to change them.So I changed the nozzles after about 165000km odometer reading.Lets see the results.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    @amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

1.What does the term "blow" by mechanics mean when they check for the engine's condition and what is the proper terminology for that?What are the technical details of it?Why does it occur?

2.Is there engine oil present under the valve/tippet cover normally?If not then why does it occur?

3.There is a small pipe attached to the air intake pipe in 2c diesel engine.What is it for?The mechanics check blow by looking at that pipe.But what is the function of that pipe?

4.Is early morning first start white smoke from diesel engine due to valve clearances only?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doctor View Post
    @Xulfiqar
    @amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

1.What does the term "blow" by mechanics mean when they check for the engine's condition and what is the proper terminology for that?What are the technical details of it?Why does it occur?

2.Is there engine oil present under the valve/tippet cover normally?If not then why does it occur?

3.There is a small pipe attached to the air intake pipe in 2c diesel engine.What is it for?The mechanics check blow by looking at that pipe.But what is the function of that pipe?

4.Is early morning first start white smoke from diesel engine due to valve clearances only?
    1. blow by is the proper term for it.. in petrol car if blow by is present.. stay away from it.. or expect a few trips to mechanics after buying it. but blow by is usually normally present aswel in diesel cars
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

blow by is the piston pressure which escape from rings into the cylinder and comes out from the oil cap ,,,,,the same as what we see in petrol engine breather,,,,,,,,,in desil engine you have to open the oil cap and check for blow which is leaking from the piston rings ,,,,,,,,
    engine oil which you see when you remove the tappet cover ?,,,,,,,,,,,if its accumulating there and not travelling back to the oil sump ?........if its so them it some time happen when mechanic change the engine gas kit ,,,,,,,,the passage is blocked by the small holes of new after market gas kit , which must be broadened , i usually even broadened the water holes as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,that small pipe is i guess breather pipe , as what we see in petrol engines but without PVC valve ,,,,,,,,,,,,,early moring white smoke is a sure sigh of oil buring oil inside cylinder either leaking from piston rings or intake valves, in most cases its from the intake valve seals and they can be easily changes without doing any open heart surgery ,,,,,,,,,,,
    try doing the blow by test early moring ,,,,,i am sure you will see white smoke emitting from engine oil cap ,,,,,,,,,,
    @Xulfiqar
    @amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much its cost you for the nozels ?,,,,,,,,,,,have he checked the older one with nozel pressure tester ?,,,,,,,,,,,
    @Amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

Thanks a lot.I have visited the mechanic and he said that nothing needs to be done in my 2004 2.0D Saloon.But I insisted on checking the nozzles and after removing and seeing them, I was advised to change them.So I changed the nozzles after about 165000km odometer reading.Lets see the results.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

blow by is the piston pressure which escape from rings into the cylinder and comes out from the oil cap ,,,,,the same as what we see in petrol engine breather,,,,,,,,,in desil engine you have to open the oil cap and check for blow which is leaking from the piston rings ,,,,,,,,
    engine oil which you see when you remove the tappet cover ?,,,,,,,,,,,if its accumulating there and not travelling back to the oil sump ?........if its so them it some time happen when mechanic change the engine gas kit ,,,,,,,,the passage is blocked by the small holes of new after market gas kit , which must be broadened , i usually even broadened the water holes as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,that small pipe is i guess breather pipe , as what we see in petrol engines but without PVC valve ,,,,,,,,,,,,,early moring white smoke is a sure sigh of oil buring oil inside cylinder either leaking from piston rings or intake valves, in most cases its from the intake valve seals and they can be easily changes without doing any open heart surgery ,,,,,,,,,,,
    try doing the blow by test early moring ,,,,,i am sure you will see white smoke emitting from engine oil cap ,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    @amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

blow means blowby which is actually combustion pressure leaking past the compression rings and the shuffling of air under the pistons. It is checked at 1500 rpm in a 4 cyl small diesel engine - this makes sure the piston rings are expanding and can seal to the cylinder correctly. This is also caused by bad injection timing as the piston rings dont see pressure at the right time and hence do not seal tight against the cylinder. This also causes oil consumption.

You will see blowby increase if you have tight valve clearances as it causes a lower charge of air to be compressed in the cylinder which results in poor compression and hence poor combustion hence poor ring sealing.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    blow means blowby which is actually combustion pressure leaking past the compression rings and the shuffling of air under the pistons. It is checked at 1500 rpm in a 4 cyl small diesel engine - this makes sure the piston rings are expanding and can seal to the cylinder correctly. This is also caused by bad injection timing as the piston rings dont see pressure at the right time and hence do not seal tight against the cylinder. This also causes oil consumption.

You will see blowby increase if you have tight valve clearances as it causes a lower charge of air to be compressed in the cylinder which results in poor compression and hence poor combustion hence poor ring sealing.

3.There is a small pipe attached to the air intake pipe in 2c diesel engine.What is it called and what is it for?The mechanics check blow by looking at that pipe.But what is the function of that pipe?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    how much its cost you for the nozels ?,,,,,,,,,,,have he checked the older one with nozel pressure tester ?,,,,,,,,,,,
    Nozzles set cost of Denso is Rs.4200

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3.There is a small pipe attached to the air intake pipe in 2c diesel engine.What is it called and what is it for?The mechanics check blow by looking at that pipe.But what is the function of that pipe?

Oil in tappet cover is normal, its the splashed off oil from the cam oiling gallieries, The air pipe going to the filter pipe is the breather pipe for the crankcase, under engine acceleration a negative pressure is created in that zone and blowby is sucked into the intake, this keeps emmissions down and also lubricates the intake valve stems.

The early morning white smoke is great excess of oil sitting on the exhaust valves and burning off. Under normal conditions any oil sucked into the combustion chamber does not fire with white smoke, it burns like fuel and results in normal diesel exhaust.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Amcolian1097
    @AmeerUsman

Sir u r welcome. Sorry for belated reply. Now whats the average of ur car on long drives? has it improved or not? waiting anxiously.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The air pipe going to the filter pipe is the breather pipe for the crankcase, under engine acceleration a negative pressure is created in that zone and blowby is sucked into the intake, this keeps emmissions down and also lubricates the intake valve stems.
    Xulfiqar Bhai please elaborate. I dont understand your above quote. Is this negative pressure harmful? In my 2.OD Engine, some of the oil comes out of this breather pipe but it is very small in quantity. And this oil does not go to air filter and the air filter is always found clean ( I mean zero traces of oil).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AmeerUsman View Post
    Xulfiqar Bhai please elaborate. I dont understand your above quote. Is this negative pressure harmful? In my 2.OD Engine, some of the oil comes out of this breather pipe but it is very small in quantity. And this oil does not go to air filter and the air filter is always found clean ( I mean zero traces of oil).
    The negative pressure is created in the intake tube when the air is being sucked into the engine, that is how the blowby is also sucked into the engine - it helps to lubricate the valve stems and keep emmissions and oily fumes down. If you check for blow at idle rpm you will see puffs as there is not enough air movement to suck this blow, that is why it is recommended to check blowby with engine above idle speed - ideally with a paper.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xulfiqar bhai thank u.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir u r welcome. Sorry for belated reply. Now whats the average of ur car on long drives? has it improved or not? waiting anxiously.
    Dear AmeerUsman.I got 14.5km/litre with about 300km city driving and 417km highway driving(N-5 from Islamabad to Peshawar via Attock city and then back from Peshawar to Islamabad via Attock city).I personally feel that car's pick is better,its noise while accelerating in 1st and 2nd gears reduced.And black smoke too has reduced.But will check its consumption on long route once again when I travel and will let you know.But the mechanic suggested by Amcolian1097 is a good person no doubt.And they know their work.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear AmeerUsman.I got 14.5km/litre with about 300km city driving and 417km highway driving(N-5 from Islamabad to Peshawar via Attock city and then back from Peshawar to Islamabad via Attock city).I personally feel that car's pick is better,its noise while accelerating in 1st and 2nd gears reduced.And black smoke too has reduced.But will check its consumption on long route once again when I travel and will let you know.But the mechanic suggested by Amcolian1097 is a good person no doubt.And they know their work.
    Nice to hear that ur car's consumption reduced because earlier you had told 12km/l.
    I shall be visiting the same mechanic on coming Saturday In shaa Allah. By the way do u belong to Attock?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice to hear that ur car's consumption reduced because earlier you had told 12km/l.
    I shall be visiting the same mechanic on coming Saturday In shaa Allah. By the way do u belong to Attock?
    Share your experience too.And I have a friend in Attock.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surely I shall share my experience. May be due to inclement weather on this weekend, I shall not be able to go. But if its clear then I'll visit the same mechanic as mentioned by amcolian1097.

By the way my 2.0D is already giving 15+ km in a litre on long drive...and I hope it can go up.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surely I shall share my experience. May be due to inclement weather on this weekend, I shall not be able to go. But if its clear then I'll visit the same mechanic as mentioned by amcolian1097.

By the way my 2.0D is already giving 15+ km in a litre on long drive...and I hope it can go up.
    Which model do you have?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mine is old one Indus shape 2001. But total 108600 km driven to date.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List