Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic Manufacture Fault?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic Manufacture Fault?

I have an Altis 1.6 cruisetronic 2011 model delivered on 24th of Nov 2011. The day I drove it out of the show room I felt it was lagging in its acceleration. As I had not driven another 1.6 cruisetronic so I couldn't compare. Got its complete checkup at 1000 km and no problem was highlighted.

About 2 weeks back while travelling on GT road the car suddenly lost power. I had to press the accelerator nearly half way to move the car. After moving nearly half a km the engine check-light flashed. I stopped the car and called the Toyota service centre to advise me. They were of no help except advising me to bring the car to them (which I felt may not have been possible as I had to travel nearly 110 km more to reach them with the car refusing to accelerate). I stopped at a workshop on road and asked the electrician to see if any grip had loosened in the engine. He removed the battery and put it on again. To my luck the check light vanished (probably due to zeroing of the car as the battery was removed). I reached my destination without further issue.

Next morning I reversed the car and poooof.... the same happens again. Unfortunately it was a sunday and Toyota workshop was closed. i dumped my car at Pindi and took another car back to Kharian. Next day my driver took the car to the authorized workshop. Rest of the happenings were a nightmare!!!!

The person incharge of the workshop told me that it was some problem in the engine for which they had to apply "some super computer" to diagnose it and that I would have to pay Rs 2500 for that diagnostic procedure. I told him that the car was under warranty and diagnosing the issue was their headache not mine. Finally I had to talk to the MD to get the matter solved and they agreed to diagnose the problem without charging. Next call that I received was mind-blowing ... didn't know whether to laugh or cry about it... they said there is no problem with the car... the issue occured because I had put a plastic mat in the car that was not letting the accelerator sensor to work properly. A 19 LAC CAR BROUGHT DOWN TO ITS KNEES BY A PLASTIC MAT!!!!... just like an elephant brought down by an ant

I was satisfied that the matter was solved and there was nothing wrong with the car. My driver took the car and had to turn back as the problem recurred just 3 km of drive from the workshop (this time without the mat)... next... they serviced the accelerator and cleaned the sensor and put some elfy somewhere in it... according to them there was dust on the sensor. The car was brought by my driver to me and I took a test drive. I was surprised to notice that the pick had improved significantly than before. Till today its working fine.

My reservations to this issue are:
    1. I was never advised by the dealers at Toyota when I was handed over the car, not to use mats esp rubber ones.
    2. The pick of the car was compromised from the beginning. Was the sensor dirty upon delivery?
    3. How can the sensor become dirty in just 2 months (the car was not used offroad). And if it did become faulty, isn't it a manufacture / design fault?
    4. How would I know if my car acceleration is working at its optimal or is it still compromised?
    5. Why diagnostics of a car under warranty are being charged to the customer?
    6. Is my Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic (top of the line car from Toyota Indus) giving a much improved acceleration because of "ELFY"

Please share the experience of your 1.6 cruisetronic esp regarding acceleration, use of mats and quality / manufacture issues.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Me and my brother both own the said car ie 1.6 altis a/t s/r . I have driven it around 5000 kms and mashallah not even a single problem I have come across till now. Matt's used r carpet ones in both the cars and the acceleration seems to be absolutely according to its horsepower. The only negative thing I find is that the seats could have been more comfortable , they r a bit flatter than bucket. Rest I find the car overall satisfactory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    Me and my brother both own the said car ie 1.6 altis a/t s/r . I have driven it around 5000 kms and mashallah not even a single problem I have come across till now. Matt's used r carpet ones in both the cars and the acceleration seems to be absolutely according to its horsepower. The only negative thing I find is that the seats could have been more comfortable , they r a bit flatter than bucket. Rest I find the car overall satisfactory.
    How do u find the acceleration? Esp in comparison to 1.3 Gli... being a 1.6 it should give a marked difference.

nyc
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have my altis 1.6 AT for over 3 weeks now. when my driver placed rubber mats i felt that the accelerator is not pressing full. i stopped my car and removed the mat. it not manufacturing fault. its double or triple mat fault.

The acceleration with respect to 1600CC is satisfied in my opinion. and its superb with comparison to fuel economy.

nyc
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drsaed View Post

Please share the experience of your 1.6 cruisetronic esp regarding acceleration, use of mats and quality / manufacture issues.

Did you installed the water proof ECU cover yet? if not then don't wash your engine bay. and get the cover installed by paying PKR 500 Only from any Toyota showroom. and save your ECU.

i already did reviewed my car. pelase feel free to share yours
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ronic-2012-nyc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

holy crap!! stupid A**holes these dealershi*s. i always hate em. more attitude less output!! ur bug and ur townace are more reliable !!! i also felt a littel drag remember when i took the test drive? hope all well now!!!! still working on ur project sir.hopefullly good news soon!!
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it might be a sensor problem in the pedal. remember the massive recall of the faulty accelerator pedals of toyota a fw yrs back? no recall was done in Pakistan. this could just be one of them. if it happens again ******** the MD and argue like hell infront of all the customers and get the pedal replaced free of cost under warranty. i did the same back in 2004 with toyota rawal when after 4 months the paint started chipping off the bumper and grill on my brand new 2.OD. made a hue and cry and the big moustache guy who owns the dealership came out, inspected it and told his workers to repaint it!!! these dealershi*s as i like calling them should not be left. they charged my colleague 4k to just remove the Cat Convertor of his vitz. charged 5k for sensor replacement n diagnostics n still his engine check light never went off. again Toyota Rawal!!they made him spend 10k n still the engine checklight could not be removed despite he spending around 12k. wrong diagnostics+expendityre of over 12k +waste of time +removing cat cinvertor for no reason!! what do u have to say about such idiotic behaviours?? Govt officials and large companies have made these dealersh*ts lethargic n big headed. the bills are paid from Govt / deptt resources and people dont give a damn. some dont understand what and how to go about problems n others are too busy to spend time at other better workshops n just send their vehs to the dealershi*ts. no quality control whatsoever n they will charge u as if ur getting a Merc serviced!! boycott these crapheads. on the contrary if a local mech screws up he wont charge u much and u still have room for another repair in terms of the money spent. Toyota Gujranwala made your neighbours to spend around 100k on his 72k driven 2009 XLI. guess what they made him change?? whole throttle body costing 62k and the fuel pumps n lines 32K plus other expenditures and the bill was approx 100k. now the same car might have just been fixed in less than 5k or even a hrottle body and fuel tank flush. but their policy is simple. its not their money being spent. replacing a thing is much cheaper then repairing or adjusting so go for that!!! imagine 100k for a 2009 petrol driven XLI driven on 1 hand and uses mixture of high octane n petrol!! i rest my case!!
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

nyc
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zunny View Post
    holy crap!! stupid A**holes these dealershi*s. i always hate em. more attitude less output!! ur bug and ur townace are more reliable !!! i also felt a littel drag remember when i took the test drive? hope all well now!!!! still working on ur project sir.hopefullly good news soon!!
    zunny bro i do 100% agree with you. problem is as a nation we have habit of making our perception. "Brother jo larkay kam kr rahe hain shoowroom wegra main ager woh itne parhe likhe ya aqal mand hote to woh yeh kam krte?" i am not making joke of these hardworking mans. you have to smart enough to know the problem . if car have breaking problem and i say change your battery does this make sense to anyone? so always go workshop yourself. never send driver's. you can better decide what to do.

another thing in general. in Pakistan we all people do blame toyota, honda, suzuki, that thing stop working, this is faulty. we all people want the reliability and quality of Japaneses car. then also compare the quality of road in japan where they drive car. they don't go OFF-Roading in xli,gli. don't go pind's where is no road only stone. and they don't have too much dust. and they are sensible drivers. they don't convert their car on CNG. they don't place extra size rims and tires.

on visit to UK, i had chance when my brother yaris windows was broken by thief for 150pound GPS device. the mirror was 350pound. now would you like to pay 350pound for just side window glass? 350pound* 140= 49,000PKR

and in UK break service charges are 100pound* 140= PKR 14000
    Oil change charges 50pound* 140= PKR 7000

in Pakistan we only pay oil+oil filter price and 3s dealer replace for free.

i did get my general service of Civic for PKR 5000 only compare stop complaining.

if you want the quality work of Japan,UK,USA, etc then compare their labour charges.

this is my opinion. if you don't like it i apologize for this.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are some complaints in 2009-2012 corolla nowadays. Happened with my relative also. He had booked a GLI in 2009 back in 2009. The car felt heavier and pick was also not so good. Because he had a xli 2008 first. When he drove car till 15000km. Head fused. Sound of engine totally changed. Sound was like a diesel engine when accelerated. and car was thoroughly driven on hi-octane.

IMC is providing worst quality cars. and we are desperate to buy a Xli(exec. mehran) at the price tag of 15 lacks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just few days back i was getting my city tuned
    when few weird guys in weird shalwar kameez said there new GLI (has accelerator wire broken)........
    i had a big smile as i knew its drive by wire
    anyways
    i was busy in my car but the guy fixed the car in few minutes
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nyc View Post
    zunny bro i do 100% agree with you. problem is as a nation we have habit of making our perception. "Brother jo larkay kam kr rahe hain shoowroom wegra main ager woh itne parhe likhe ya aqal mand hote to woh yeh kam krte?" i am not making joke of these hardworking mans. you have to smart enough to know the problem . if car have breaking problem and i say change your battery does this make sense to anyone? so always go workshop yourself. never send driver's. you can better decide what to do.

another thing in general. in Pakistan we all people do blame toyota, honda, suzuki, that thing stop working, this is faulty. we all people want the reliability and quality of Japaneses car. then also compare the quality of road in japan where they drive car. they don't go OFF-Roading in xli,gli. don't go pind's where is no road only stone. and they don't have too much dust. and they are sensible drivers. they don't convert their car on CNG. they don't place extra size rims and tires.

on visit to UK, i had chance when my brother yaris windows was broken by thief for 150pound GPS device. the mirror was 350pound. now would you like to pay 350pound for just side window glass? 350pound* 140= 49,000PKR

i did get my general service of Civic for PKR 5000 only compare stop complaining.

if you want the quality work of Japan,UK,USA, etc then compare their labour charges.

totally agreed . Labour charges kill you but what i want to highlight is the attitude of these dealershi*s. Wrong diagnostics and over charging. How much would u pay to get the cat convertor taken out? A good roadside mech will charge u max 200~300. Toyota rawal charged 4k just to open a nut n break the ceramics.then despite spending 12k on the vitz problem was not solved.why do we have to be a bully n make a drama in front of so many just to get our warranty claims? My point as u already mentioned is the comparison between the quality of work n services provided by dealerships n that of road side mechs. As far as the cost of spares n oil etc is concerned prices differ from country to country and quality. The vitz case im referring to, Toyota Rawal purchased the O2 sensor from Chah Sultan. They gave a no of a person n told my cousin to get it from him n we will install it.how lame! They charge 2500 for diagnosis even on cars with warranty. An OBD2 software n cable hardly costs 2k~4k. i do mine on my laptop! Even thats ok but the way these knobheads treat u as if thr great favour on your next 3 generations is whats under discussion. I went to Honda Center to check a small tak sound which used to come on lauch in 1st gear on my civic.the sound would fade away after a wash. I concl it was some greasing issue of the shocks.it was confirmed by Honda techs n sid they would charge 2k for the job.fine a local mech woud take 500. I said fine they use good lifts n tools. A chota opened the front wheels n was brushing againt trzipped cargo pants.i asked them to put those protectants on the fender n frbumper. They said we are shiftinng to the nhhave them.he put a minor scratcch aswell.i called their servive incharge n asked them what kinda quality are u guys providing n his stupid ane only car we deal in.we are doing work rs n they dont complain. I told em to shov thr svcr a**se n to take down my car from the lift and im not payin u a penny.tthey said we have opened td is filled.told them to F off n it was a scene creaeted there.came back without payin a penny. We pay 4~5 times moore to dealerships anwork is the same of a roadside mech then whats thgin paying them so much?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

similarly saw a 1500 Km driven brand new top of the line Honda Civic come to the mech from where i was getting oil change. His car would skid from the rear on applying brakes.he went to Honda thrice.but still no solution. He had spent thousands on fuel n 3 complete days at the dealership.they changed few parts but problem persisted.he came to the local mech.he diagnosed the problem and was fixed for a mere 1k. A brand new car which had a PDI OK sticker under warranty! Still it costed the owner many Ks more to fix the problem cooupled with time wastage. We all can narrate 100s of such inncidents. now Suzukis Turn. Bought several brand new mehrans n altos in the family.not a single was fault free.ill mention the two brand new suzukis which i bought myseelf. 1. 2005 mehran VXR. Grrr grrr sound on apllying brakes. 1st time meh said it was lose exhaust pipe.next time some lose cng pipe n 3rd time he cleanned brake pads.no remedy lasted for more then 2~3 days.would spent alot on fuel n time but to no avail.went to a good reputed n seasoned mech.he took a test drive. Came back.told me i could offer my prayers etc n come back in an hr.went back n he ws putting the wheel back on.charged 300 n no noise ever for next t yrs till the car was not sold. I mean yes i agree all the roadside mechs arent good buut there will always be a few seasoned mechs in the market . Similarly my altos steering started giving noises.checked from Suzuki they said we will change this n that n estimate of 15k given. Got the same thing fixed from my trust worthy mech and in 1k all things sorted and no problem for last 2 yrs. All the squeaks etc were fixed by local mech n coudlnt be eliminated by the big headed dealershi*ts. Ill buy a spare part from a dealership n might get an opinion from them but would prefer getting my job donruted local roadside mech! My verdict!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nyc View Post

The point to highlight is not the comparison in charges but the attitudes and the quality of services provided. How many times have cars in Pakistan been recalled? Not even once. As if there have never been problems in Pak assembled cars!! Only a month back Honda recalled for "Free Upgrade".. a name given to replace the faulty steering rods of Civic reborn... and it was not even free... they charged for the transmission oil that was replaced.

Talking about charges... the comparison is irrelevant. Our earnings r in rupees and we spend in rupees. So comparing charges in British pounds and converting them in rupees doesnt give the true picture. They pay 40% of their earnings in taxes.. but then that is judiciously spent... not like our taxes which are pocketed into individuals running the affairs.

I had a Gli 2009 and there was a noise from it with the AC off... it vanished when the AC was on... took it to Toyota Rawal and as usual they brushed aside the issue saying its a normal sound from the condensor. I insisted that they take the matter to IMC which they reluctantly did. After a month when I asked them bout the update, this was what they said "IMC has asked us to convey you that tell Dr Saab we have given such a beautiful model with excellent consumption, so a noise here and there should not bother him" !!!! :-)... On this I lost my temper and insured that I'm heard and the issue is taken seriously. 3 Days later they changed the AC condensor free of charge.

The problem is that there r no consumer rights in our country. We are forced to buy these cars by blocking other options for us... and r expected to compromise on quality issues. I really wouldn't mind paying in pounds if I'm sure that the workmanship would be honest and relevant:-)

Just imagine I would have payed Rs 2500 just to get the mat removed from my "under warranty" car:-)... if I had not stood up for my consumer rights... if they diagnosed it for free later why couldn't it be done at the first place!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have been looted man.Theres no charges taken for diagnosis under warranty.I have done it many times even my warranty is void due to CNG but still they dont charge anything.
    I have been also using plastic mats in GLI which also has drive by wire but there is not any problem
    Aunda Fan

sal
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

had same fault with my GLi.. thts error code 2121! very common in Corollas

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@drsaed there is cosiderable difference between 1.6 and 1.3 as I have driven both. My 1.6 has the acceleration absolutely the way a 1.6 liter car. Regarding the accelerator sensor problem I'm sure it was very unfortunate to have occurred in your car because it's the same sensor which comes in all the 1.3 , 1.6 and 1.8 variants. My brother in law has the 1.6 a/t gli and he also had the 1.3 gli and according to him as we'll there is significant difference of acceleration between the two.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but i think the most favorite cars are two one Honda civic nd 2nd Toyota Altis.
    Search Rent Karachi on Facebook and Like it Please

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I stopped taking the car to one particular Indus Toyota's dealer; the reason was money sucking attitude and carelessness...I guess its because of the heavy workload there. Now I take it to another Indus Toyota dealer that's recently opened and is bit away from main residential areas. I am satisfied with this new dealer; its just way out of my normal routes. If Toyota Rawal is looting; try another dealer next time.
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    You have been looted man.Theres no charges taken for diagnosis under warranty.I have done it many times even my warranty is void due to CNG but still they dont charge anything.
    I have been also using plastic mats in GLI which also has drive by wire but there is not any problem
    I actually didn't pay for the diagnostics... but only after a long hard conversation:-)... I don't think the problem occurs in models with wired accelerators, but only those in which the accelerator works through a sensor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Salash... I can now feel the difference in pick after they cleaned the sensor... much improved acceleration... a different feel altogether

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List