Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic Manufacture Fault?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic Manufacture Fault?

I have an Altis 1.6 cruisetronic 2011 model delivered on 24th of Nov 2011. The day I drove it out of the show room I felt it was lagging in its acceleration. As I had not driven another 1.6 cruisetronic so I couldn't compare. Got its complete checkup at 1000 km and no problem was highlighted.

About 2 weeks back while travelling on GT road the car suddenly lost power. I had to press the accelerator nearly half way to move the car. After moving nearly half a km the engine check-light flashed. I stopped the car and called the Toyota service centre to advise me. They were of no help except advising me to bring the car to them (which I felt may not have been possible as I had to travel nearly 110 km more to reach them with the car refusing to accelerate). I stopped at a workshop on road and asked the electrician to see if any grip had loosened in the engine. He removed the battery and put it on again. To my luck the check light vanished (probably due to zeroing of the car as the battery was removed). I reached my destination without further issue.

Next morning I reversed the car and poooof.... the same happens again. Unfortunately it was a sunday and Toyota workshop was closed. i dumped my car at Pindi and took another car back to Kharian. Next day my driver took the car to the authorized workshop. Rest of the happenings were a nightmare!!!!

The person incharge of the workshop told me that it was some problem in the engine for which they had to apply "some super computer" to diagnose it and that I would have to pay Rs 2500 for that diagnostic procedure. I told him that the car was under warranty and diagnosing the issue was their headache not mine. Finally I had to talk to the MD to get the matter solved and they agreed to diagnose the problem without charging. Next call that I received was mind-blowing ... didn't know whether to laugh or cry about it... they said there is no problem with the car... the issue occured because I had put a plastic mat in the car that was not letting the accelerator sensor to work properly. A 19 LAC CAR BROUGHT DOWN TO ITS KNEES BY A PLASTIC MAT!!!!... just like an elephant brought down by an ant

I was satisfied that the matter was solved and there was nothing wrong with the car. My driver took the car and had to turn back as the problem recurred just 3 km of drive from the workshop (this time without the mat)... next... they serviced the accelerator and cleaned the sensor and put some elfy somewhere in it... according to them there was dust on the sensor. The car was brought by my driver to me and I took a test drive. I was surprised to notice that the pick had improved significantly than before. Till today its working fine.

My reservations to this issue are:
    1. I was never advised by the dealers at Toyota when I was handed over the car, not to use mats esp rubber ones.
    2. The pick of the car was compromised from the beginning. Was the sensor dirty upon delivery?
    3. How can the sensor become dirty in just 2 months (the car was not used offroad). And if it did become faulty, isn't it a manufacture / design fault?
    4. How would I know if my car acceleration is working at its optimal or is it still compromised?
    5. Why diagnostics of a car under warranty are being charged to the customer?
    6. Is my Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic (top of the line car from Toyota Indus) giving a much improved acceleration because of "ELFY"

Please share the experience of your 1.6 cruisetronic esp regarding acceleration, use of mats and quality / manufacture issues.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    There is no doubt; Altis A/T has "poor" acceleration. It feels like you are driving it on CNG. Its got nothing charming except Cruise Control. Its purely a dad's car
    One of main reason I hate my Altis
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On another thread the testing of 2 hybrid vehicles by Toyota Indus is being discussed.

However, Indus despite manufacturing combustion engine vehicles in Pakistan for almost 19 years now has failed to fully achieve customer satisfaction, yet. This makes me wonder how would they produce hybrid cars (more complex and new technology in Pakistan) without faults and problems?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Yea; spend so much without test driving, lol.

On a serious note; potential buyers should test drive M/T and A/T both before the decision.
    no i dint say you fool for what you bought,see my post then the post after me,that state all who say so are fools.
    you & me both are fools.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lovesleeping View Post
    One of main reason I hate my Altis
    you are another....eh..??
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question six is hilarious. Back to Altis, I have never driven one but yes, the current shape does appear to lag behind in accelerating AND in terms of A/C cooling. Such are my experiences of XLi and GLi 1.3l. M honestly glad you got rid of Toyota without any extra charges, much as they tried their level best to mint out of you. You ought to complain to Toyota Indus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List