Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A lesson for all - especially for corolla users

Dear All,

I am a silent reader of PW but thought to share my yesterday's expereince with you all for everyone's safety.
    I have corolla XLI 2011 (2009 shape). Yesterday I left my home (Clifton block 2 karachi) for office at around 8:30 am. My office is located at M.T. Khan road near netty Jety brigde. I drove on the Bar B Q tonight road towards Boat Basin at 100 Km/h +.
    I took left turn to come to MT Khan road. There is a slight curve on the M.T. Khan road, just when the Benazir Shaheed park ends. My car was taking turn along the curve at around 100 km/h, suddenly I lost control and car started to skid. My car slipped on the road from left to right and again right to left, just as someone is trying to drift it roughly.
    For a moment I thought it will turn turtle but fortunately or unfortunately there was Khyber going ahead me. My car just banged into that khyber and I gained control on it properly.But whole front was finished..
    luckily, khyber didnt suffered any damage, his car just rounded at 180 degrees because of my hit.

I am driving for the last 15 years and was unable to understand y this happened...
    However, I learned few lessons from this incident which will benefit the readers..

1 - I was overspeeding as I was driving at 100 km/h.. so never overspeed
    2 - I didnt slowed down at curve .. So always slow down at curves
    3 - I relied too much on this car - Never rely on japenese crap

Just to add - I owned 1986 Lancer and believe me that was one hell of a car.. I never ever felt that it will slip on any curve or corner, but this corolla is a crap and badly designed.

One more contributing factor that I m thinking of is wind power.. When the Park ends on this road there are no buildings on both sides so the wind pressure was too much yesterday, may be it contributed to slide the car on road.
    Anyhow, I request all of readers my brothers to take caution in driving and especially on this road..
    Our lives are very precious and should not be wasted in these acts..

''SPEED THRILLS BUT IT KILLS...''

Zohaib

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are correct, one should not never over speed, especially on sharp curves.
    As to what went wrong was mainly because of your speed,your rear tires must have had too much and decided to quit working You should get a tire change immediately, have experienced similar situation few times in my corolla but got her under control. Changed the tires and everything was solved, you can take that same curve at 100 with good tires.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    @Waqastariq

How couldve ABS helped here?? Taking a turn at high speed caused the vehicle to loose grip with road. Its a simple math.. Did anywhere the poster said that he was applying brakes as well ?
    Seeing a car in-front of you when your at high speed, ANYONE will try to brake that's a universal reaction of a human being, if the poster did not brake he is not normal.

AND I know the turn very well, pass there almost every day, so I can judge a lot better what must have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by zohaibarshad View Post
    For a moment I thought it will turn turtle but fortunately or unfortunately there was Khyber going ahead me. My car just banged into that khyber and I gained control on it properly.But whole front was finished..
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

confusing thread,

driving at 100km, how much was turn curve? usually car skides on slippery road turn at 100 with straight camber.

if you apply brakes , you will skid further out.

if you skid out how did you skid back in,, according to centrifugal force, you should go out
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank Allah that you are telling the story.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the problem with general tires is.. u use it or not, they get expired within 22 months from manufacturing... they loose road grip, become very hard and start to worn-out at a faster pace.. in addition to it, u gonna have frequent punctures and pressure loss...
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

p.s anything over 80 isn't advisable at all...
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for sharing you experience with us all.... Stock tyres & below highlighted facts are the obvious reasons for that mishap:

Quote Originally Posted by zohaibarshad View Post
    Dear All,

I am a silent reader of PW but thought to share my yesterday's expereince with you all for everyone's safety.
    I have corolla XLI 2011 (2009 shape). Yesterday I left my home (Clifton block 2 karachi) for office at around 8:30 am. My office is located at M.T. Khan road near netty Jety brigde. I drove on the Bar B Q tonight road towards Boat Basin at 100 Km/h +.
    I took left turn to come to MT Khan road. There is a slight curve on the M.T. Khan road, just when the Benazir Shaheed park ends. My car was taking turn along the curve at around 100 km/h, suddenly I lost control and car started to skid. My car slipped on the road from left to right and again right to left, just as someone is trying to drift it roughly.
    luckily, khyber didnt suffered any damage, his car just rounded at 180 degrees because of my hit.

I am driving for the last 15 years and was unable to understand y this happened...
    However, I learned few lessons from this incident which will benefit the readers..

1 - I was overspeeding as I was driving at 100 km/h.. so never overspeed
    2 - I didnt slowed down at curve .. So always slow down at curves
    3 - I relied too much on this car - Never rely on japenese crap

Just to add - I owned 1986 Lancer and believe me that was one hell of a car.. I never ever felt that it will slip on any curve or corner, but this corolla is a crap and badly designed.

One more contributing factor that I m thinking of is wind power.. When the Park ends on this road there are no buildings on both sides so the wind pressure was too much yesterday, may be it contributed to slide the car on road.
    Anyhow, I request all of readers my brothers to take caution in driving and especially on this road..
    Our lives are very precious and should not be wasted in these acts..

''SPEED THRILLS BUT IT KILLS...''

Zohaib
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

always know that new corolla isnt a thing to b trusted speacially on curvs ,,, ABS only helps on straights,,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List