141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile Altis now with navigation system

Today Indus Motor Co. arranged training for their upcoming new Navigation system.
    This navigation system is planned to install in all ALTIS vehicles delivered from first week of March 2012 & onward. The best thing in this news is that this navigation is offered in all ALTIS models without any additional cost and offered to all existing and new bookings from March 2012 till any further change
    Officially announcement will be expected in next Sunday newspaper.
    According to source that this navigation is imported from Toyota Thailand and is the same offered by Toyota Thailand in their vehicles. Pakistan maps and software is loaded by C-Track. They also announce that this navigation is not being sold in market and also not offered to old ALTIS or any other vehicle.
    I am trying to grab its manual and other info. If I got then I will upload. But for your info that this is really a better quality system and far better than the available navigation system range in market.

(Although the source of info is very reliable but i am not hold responsible for anything)

ALTIS  Now with Navigation system -381512

Altis now with navigation system - 381385 ALTIS   Now with Navigation system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lodhi7 View Post
    Yes, you can download Sygic on any Android based smart phone from Android market
    sir g what about pakistani maps?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just checked their facebook page and there are couple of people complaining about their Navi device not working at ALL

SHAME SHAME SHAME on Toyota and Trakker Nav

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoys View Post
    I just checked their facebook page and there are couple of people complaining about their Navi device not working at ALL

SHAME SHAME SHAME on Toyota and Trakker Nav
    So far i am the only person complaining . So i am guessing u r Umair?
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these are only nav devices or can also be used as lcd's for audio and video ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't understand why Toyota has made this a standard feature instead of an optional feature like Honda. I for one would never go for these cheap substandard Chinese touch HUs. An option would have been nice. Forcing this upon the customers at inflated prices is just wrong.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    sir g what about pakistani maps?
    Once you download Sygic Pakistan, it has all Pakistani maps
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ The price isnt inflated, They increased prices for all variants, different between manual and Cruise tronic is still the same, just that their wasnt much to offer in the SR package, so they are offering this aswell. (my guess)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimm76 View Post
    these are only nav devices or can also be used as lcd's for audio and video ?
    Among the working features, It's has excellent Bluetooth quality. Pairs up easily with any phone. DVD quality is average. I yet to figure out how TV will work.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also, it supports AUX-in as well! But the morons at INDUS decided to save up a Rs. 100 3.5mm-to-RC wire! I'll install it myself. I also installed it in my Alto with it's original casette player!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
    Also, it supports AUX-in as well! But the morons at INDUS decided to save up a Rs. 100 3.5mm-to-RC wire! I'll install it myself. I also installed it in my Alto with it's original casette player!
    how is the audio quality?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    how is the audio quality?
    I am yet to test it, since there is no AUX-in cable or port. Indus ppl are morons.
    But here is something, i noticed that they have installed better speakers in the rear as compared to Altis before this NAVI.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw, the touch response of the NAV is a lot better than the one in Civic. Though the Pioneer and Sony panels are excellent!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So far i am the only person complaining . So i am guessing u r Umair?
    Spot On !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw, the touch response of the NAV is a lot better than the one in Civic. Though the Pioneer and Sony panels are excellent!
    Tell me if you can get the rear camera of other accessories installed from your dealership or from Trakker Nav? ????

16. 14-03-2012, 08:40 AM

Reason
    seems spam and not relevant to topic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tell me if you can get the rear camera of other accessories installed from your dealership or from Trakker Nav? ????
    It does not have any feature related to installing the rear view camera. The AUX-in that i was referring to earlier is actually for video and not for 3.5mm jack. So maybe this can be used for rear view camera? Currently neither the dealerships nor Trakker NAV is offering rear view cameras for this particular in-dash system.

Btw, Allhamdoulillah the Navi has been replaced! It turns out that there was hardware malfunction due to which the buttons were not working and the GPS card slot was not able to read the car. A new NAVI was dispatched overnight from Karachi and this was replaced by the person in-charge of the providing this NAVI to IMC! He did all the work by himself as i did not allow the technicians to do so.
    I sent an email to Customer Relations at IMC and called them up at 0800-11123 to explain the situation. I also called up Trakker NAV at the same time, but as i mentioned before they weren't too keen to listen.
    As a result of my email, yesterday i received 7-8 calls from Product Managers at IMC and Trakker NAV. Trakker NAV only listened when IMC asked it to do so. But their Product Manager of this NAVI system, Mr. Ahmed Bhatti took quite an interest in the problem and met up with me today.
    And the Product Manager at IMC, Mr. Asif arranged for an IMC Service Rep. and Hardware in-charge to be present at the premises to replace the system.
    When i reached Trakker NAV (TPL) a team of 5 persons were there waiting up for me. I am very satisfied of how they took care of the matter. Especially Mr. Bhatti at Trakker NAV.
    Since the Service Rep. of IMC was there, i took the opportunity of discussing other quality control problems that i was facing. He took me to Toyota Township and arranged for all those problems to be solved without any cost. A very nice person to deal with! This proved to me, that companies are indeed moving towards taking care of the customer.
    Kudos to IMC and Trakker NAV! But still their very first response was disappointing and they have made up for it!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It does not have any feature related to installing the rear view camera. The AUX-in that i was referring to earlier is actually for video and not for 3.5mm jack. So maybe this can be used for rear view camera? Currently neither the dealerships nor Trakker NAV is offering rear view cameras for this particular in-dash system.

Btw, Allhamdoulillah the Navi has been replaced! It turns out that there was hardware malfunction due to which the buttons were not working and the GPS card slot was not able to read the car. A new NAVI was dispatched overnight from Karachi and this was replaced by the person in-charge of the providing this NAVI to IMC! He did all the work by himself as i did not allow the technicians to do so.
    I sent an email to Customer Relations at IMC and called them up at 0800-11123 to explain the situation. I also called up Trakker NAV at the same time, but as i mentioned before they weren't too keen to listen.
    As a result of my email, yesterday i received 7-8 calls from Product Managers at IMC and Trakker NAV. Trakker NAV only listened when IMC asked it to do so. But their Product Manager of this NAVI system, Mr. Ahmed Bhatti took quite an interest in the problem and met up with me today.
    And the Product Manager at IMC, Mr. Asif arranged for an IMC Service Rep. and Hardware in-charge to be present at the premises to replace the system.
    When i reached Trakker NAV (TPL) a team of 5 persons were there waiting up for me. I am very satisfied of how they took care of the matter. Especially Mr. Bhatti at Trakker NAV.
    Since the Service Rep. of IMC was there, i took the opportunity of discussing other quality control problems that i was facing. He took me to Toyota Township and arranged for all those problems to be solved without any cost. A very nice person to deal with! This proved to me, that companies are indeed moving towards taking care of the customer.
    Kudos to IMC and Trakker NAV! But still their very first response was disappointing and they have made up for it!
    So there were other problems tooooooo ????? (Besides NAVI)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So there were other problems tooooooo ????? (Besides NAVI)
    small problems like the right side scuff plate not sitting up properly with. Small gaps between these scuff plate panels. the improper adhesive tape pasted on the side mouldings, rough finishing of the centre console box lock, and wheel alignment.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

small problems like the right side scuff plate not sitting up properly with. Small gaps between these scuff plate panels. the improper adhesive tape pasted on the side mouldings, rough finishing of the centre console box lock, and wheel alignment.
    First hats off to you for hitting the iron when it was hot and for doing it precisely !

Secondly OMG ! Really ? so this is what they call a quality product ?! Was yours some special case (I mean a bad coincidence) or other Toyota owners, Have the same complains too ?

If you get a 2 million worth of car, you would expect its wheels to be aligned, atleast !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First hats off to you for hitting the iron when it was hot and for doing it precisely !

Secondly OMG ! Really ? so this is what they call a quality product ?! Was yours some special case (I mean a bad coincidence) or other Toyota owners, Have the same complains too ?

If you get a 2 million worth of car, you would expect its wheels to be aligned, atleast !
    It was very minor. Some ppl do not notice minor details. Since i detail my car myself, so such minor discrepancies do not skip the eye. Even the cars on display had the same issues. But hardly anyone notices them. The consumer is mostly overwhelmed with feeling of joy of having a new car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually all those problems he mentioned, I faced them ALL as well while taking delivery of my Corolla. Provided it is only a GLi but still.

The wheel alignment was out, the dashboard alignment does not sit well with the right side door, the bumper clips were way too loose (turns out they hadn't been inserted properly) a dot on the bumper where the paint had been chipped, scratches on the windscreen etc.

And the standard answer to all these problems (apart from wheel alignment)?

"Sir factory say hi aisay aa raha hai. Aap yeh Altis check kar lain. Iss main bhi yehi problems hain."
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List