141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile Altis now with navigation system

Today Indus Motor Co. arranged training for their upcoming new Navigation system.
    This navigation system is planned to install in all ALTIS vehicles delivered from first week of March 2012 & onward. The best thing in this news is that this navigation is offered in all ALTIS models without any additional cost and offered to all existing and new bookings from March 2012 till any further change
    Officially announcement will be expected in next Sunday newspaper.
    According to source that this navigation is imported from Toyota Thailand and is the same offered by Toyota Thailand in their vehicles. Pakistan maps and software is loaded by C-Track. They also announce that this navigation is not being sold in market and also not offered to old ALTIS or any other vehicle.
    I am trying to grab its manual and other info. If I got then I will upload. But for your info that this is really a better quality system and far better than the available navigation system range in market.

(Although the source of info is very reliable but i am not hold responsible for anything)

ALTIS  Now with Navigation system -381512

Altis now with navigation system - 381385 ALTIS   Now with Navigation system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The suff plate will be replaced with a new one. It has been ordered from IMC. But i have decided to live with the other 2 problems. Replacing the arm rest console lock means to open up the entire centre console and removing the gear shift lever. Though the arm rest barely locks itself but since it does sit there, i'll live with it. About the side mouldings, it means to remove the entire side mouldings, remove old adhesive tape and apply a new one. Since there is only 2 inches of space where there is no tape n both sides, i decided to live with it as well because the dealership does not have the same adhesive, rather they have the 3M tape.
    Also, while the wheel alignment i got under the car to inspect it thoroughly. One of the bushes/rubber of the exhaust system was not sitting in it's place. Due to this, i could feel a slight 'tuck' on the underside while moving the car from a halt. it was corrected as well.
    I know i am little paranoid, but it's always good to b one calmly.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    Actually all those problems he mentioned, I faced them ALL as well while taking delivery of my Corolla. Provided it is only a GLi but still.

The wheel alignment was out, the dashboard alignment does not sit well with the right side door, the bumper clips were way too loose (turns out they hadn't been inserted properly) a dot on the bumper where the paint had been chipped, scratches on the windscreen etc.

And the standard answer to all these problems (apart from wheel alignment)?

"Sir factory say hi aisay aa raha hai. Aap yeh Altis check kar lain. Iss main bhi yehi problems hain."
    To be honest, This comes as a surprise and NEWS for me. All these years I thought that Toyota beats Honda in terms of build quality (Not talking about power train) and the materials used !

I don't mean no war but I've yet to see any thread complaining about such things in a civic ! Right ???! , Yes I think so

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoys View Post
    To be honest, This comes as a surprise and NEWS for me. All these years I thought that Toyota beats Honda in terms of build quality (Not talking about power train) and the materials used !

I don't mean no war but I've yet to see any thread complaining about such things in a civic ! Right ???! , Yes I think so
    But u r yet to see someone here quoting 'I just bought a new civic' Civic sales have declined when new altis was launched. When i was deciding upon Altis, i had the chance of inspecting civic. But trust me, the quality is equal now. No difference! BUT, civic's dashboard tends to make noises with on slightly rough road. Whereas Altis is comparatively quite. I have a 2003 Honda City with as well. I bought it brand new, and it's quality is far more superior to the new Civic.
    I wanted an economical 1.6-1.8L car, es liye i went for Altis. Current average that i am getting is around 12.4kpl. which IMHO is excellent for driving through intense traffic of LHR.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
    But u r yet to see someone here quoting 'I just bought a new civic' Civic sales have declined when new altis was launched. When i was deciding upon Altis, i had the chance of inspecting civic. But trust me, the quality is equal now. No difference! BUT, civic's dashboard tends to make noises with on slightly rough road. Whereas Altis is comparatively quite. I have a 2003 Honda City with as well. I bought it brand new, and it's quality is far more superior to the new Civic.
    I wanted an economical 1.6-1.8L car, es liye i went for Altis. Current average that i am getting is around 12.4kpl. which IMHO is excellent for driving through intense traffic of LHR.
    You seem to have any "eye of a tiger" (it is a compliment with 0% sarcasm) so I believe you !

But tell me (and be un biased) do you really think a new civic (leaving decline in sales aside) will have similar problems like you and "jayb" Just posted ! ?

I will appreciate some explanation

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoys View Post
    You seem to have any "eye of a tiger" (it is a compliment with 0% sarcasm) so I believe you !

But tell me (and be un biased) do you really think a new civic (leaving decline in sales aside) will have similar problems like you and "jayb" Just posted ! ?

I will appreciate some explanation
    I am yet to see a brand new car rolling out in PK with zero faults like this. Civic might not have the exact same faults, but i have seen similar issues like this in a civic on display at Honda Point. One of the vents for heating the left front quarter glass and window, on the dashboard wasn't sitting in place. It was barely hanging on. And I saw this within 10-20seconds of sitting in the car.
    I am not a fan-boy of Toyota, I equally admire my Honda City whose built clearly depicts how good the workmanship of Honda used to be. But it has declined now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am yet to see a brand new car rolling out in PK with zero faults like this. Civic might not have the exact same faults, but i have seen similar issues like this in a civic on display at Honda Point. One of the vents for heating the left front quarter glass and window, on the dashboard wasn't sitting in place. It was barely hanging on. And I saw this within 10-20seconds of sitting in the car.
    I am not a fan-boy of Toyota, I equally admire my Honda City whose built clearly depicts how good the workmanship of Honda used to be. But it has declined now.
    FlyBoy these details that devilz_apprentice and I are mentioning are ignored by the thousands of others. It's people like us (mad nutters about cars ) that notice such minute details. For example, I have spent the last 25 days of my life badgering Indus because my bumper's paint did not match 100% with the body's paint until Indus was forced to repaint the bumper. Funnily it still didn't match so I badgered them till they repainted it again.

But while I was in the workshop I noticed zero meter, brand new cars had severe shade differences with regards to their bumpers and body. Out of a 100 customers, 99 wouldn't even notice those differences and the remaining 1 would just live with it. The quality and build standard across all cars manufactured in Pakistan is zilch. Why? Because the cars built here are not road tested or tested on purpose built tracks before being put up for sale. Hence there are glaring anomalies that for example to a Japanese buyer would be unacceptable (examples includes dashboard alignment, cabin noise, sound insulation, seat cushioness etc) where as we don't even notice them.

Hence, devilz_apprentice is absolutely right. No car in Pakistan, not even a Honda Civic, is without its fault. In fact because you mention it specifically, there was a huge thread about 8th Gen Civic faults on Pakwheels. Use the search feature and you might be able to find it.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this thread mentions many faults of civic also
    http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rc...xISGDnkxuK4M8Q
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Hahaha .... Mujhay pata tha ... Bhai Mubeen zaroor ayeen gayyy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lodhi7 View Post
    Once you download Sygic Pakistan, it has all Pakistani maps
    sir I have downloaded sygic with pakistani maps but now its asking for activation code and will not work without code, so from where to get this code?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok.....on what device have you downloaded the software, I mean on IOS or Android based?
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The suff plate will be replaced with a new one. It has been ordered from IMC. But i have decided to live with the other 2 problems. Replacing the arm rest console lock means to open up the entire centre console and removing the gear shift lever. Though the arm rest barely locks itself but since it does sit there, i'll live with it. About the side mouldings, it means to remove the entire side mouldings, remove old adhesive tape and apply a new one. Since there is only 2 inches of space where there is no tape n both sides, i decided to live with it as well because the dealership does not have the same adhesive, rather they have the 3M tape.
    Also, while the wheel alignment i got under the car to inspect it thoroughly. One of the bushes/rubber of the exhaust system was not sitting in it's place. Due to this, i could feel a slight 'tuck' on the underside while moving the car from a halt. it was corrected as well.
    I know i am little paranoid, but it's always good to b one calmly.
    I am generally satisfied with the built quality of my Altis, however the side moulding issue that you mentioned also pissed me off !!! It appears so distastefull to see a top of the line car with such minor issue. I mean, how much it would have costed them to apply a quality adhesive tape to address this unwarranted cosmetic blunder.
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Saw the Thread , thanks for that !

Honda has corrected couple of noticeable issue overtime , like power windows, stiff Steering Column not sure if the rattling sound issue from dash is a legit one!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Back View Camera, I guess the the most useful feature of the Navi Suite once you get used to it ! Now I find it difficult to reverse in narrow corners as I've been using for for over an year !

I hope that the rear view camera is installable in the suite !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok.....on what device have you downloaded the software, I mean on IOS or Android based?
    sir it is android gingerbread 2.3
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As mentioned by other pw members, that ppl like me would be so overjoyed with their new car, that we would not even have a look at those minor problems, though it is the sole responsiblity of the company to provide fault free cars and once they start receiving feedback from customers, then they SHOULD rectify it.. This is why i believe that a new model(or some changes) should only be purchased after 6 months as companies tend to rectify the small/minor problems

I agree that in the category of 1.6-1.6L cars, altis is the most economical. I talked with the sales person and he told me that the manual should give about 12km/l. I was a bit surprised as members here have quoted a much better mileage. Devilz apprentice is already quoting an average of 12.4k/litre already in lhr/khi city drive which is great and as members say that it ought to improve after that first few thousand kms

If it can give 15km/litre, i gonna buy ALTIS MANUAL too

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree that in the category of 1.6-1.6L cars, altis is the most economical. I talked with the sales person and he told me that the manual should give about 12km/l. I was a bit surprised as members here have quoted a much better mileage. Devilz apprentice is already quoting an average of 12.4k/litre already in lhr/khi city drive which is great and as members say that it ought to improve after that first few thousand kms
    The VVT-i and Dual VVT-i engines in these new Corollas are amazing. Even in my bloated GLi, I am getting NOTHING BELOW 12.5 kmpl (even when I drive with a heavy foot) MashaAllah. However in my normal driving mode I'm easily managing around 13.2-13.5 kmpl which is amazing. Haven't tested this with AC yet but I'm told it will make hardly a 0.1-0.2 kmpl difference overall.

So yes, these engines are fuel efficient. Which is excellent.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am generally satisfied with the built quality of my Altis, however the side moulding issue that you mentioned also pissed me off !!! It appears so distastefull to see a top of the line car with such minor issue. I mean, how much it would have costed them to apply a quality adhesive tape to address this unwarranted cosmetic blunder.
    So did u get the side mouldings corrected?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did around 300+km on new Altis MT, mix on motorway, GT road and City, 5 people on board with AC on/off. and getting around 15km/l.
    odo is still under first 1000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xpertasif View Post
    IMC help line has advised that if your car will be invoiced before the official launch of this navi, you will not get it in your car. But if your car gets invoiced after the official launch it will come FF in your car regardless of the price you have payed. Just sharing - as it might interest a few
    I got a confirmation from IMC today that my car has been invoiced and will be coming with Navi. An importnat point to note is that it was booked in Dec 11 @ older price (1,879,000).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

User Tag List