Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Query about Security system and Immobiliser.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Query about Security system and Immobiliser.

    Salam PWers!
    As we all have noticed recently that there has been a considerable increase in the theft of Corolla. In the past past 3 weeks, I have come across at least 7-8 cases of Corolla being stolen mostly from inside the house. My taya lost his brand new Altis outside his house in F-11 ISB.
    These incidents have compelled me to look for a rather durable and robust security system for my cars.
    Back in 1998, my father had this Suzuki Margalla which had 3 buttons placed conveniently at different locations in the car.
    After inserting the key in the ignition, these three buttons were needed to be pressed in a particular combination for the car to start.
    Now i am looking to install such a system in my car but with a lot more robustness. Therefore, i will appreciate it if experts here can pool in some suggestions in this thread to make such a system. At the end of the discussion, i expect that we might come up with durable system which will be immune to hot wiring the ignition.
    And how exactly does an immobiliser work?

    Regards.

    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  2. #81
    PakWheeler Follow
    maan6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother this is 10.5 generation corolla gli absolutely its efi.
    Bro please give me details about immobilizer price and fitting. Thank u in advance

  3. #82
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Don't know about price bro ... as havent' installed it in my car yet.. hope some member can tell recent price of immobilizer and steel mate 2 way.

  4. #83
    PakWheeler Follow
    ya_jee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
    Salam PWers!
    As we all have noticed recently that there has been a considerable increase in the theft of Corolla. In the past past 3 weeks, I have come across at least 7-8 cases of Corolla being stolen mostly from inside the house. My taya lost his brand new Altis outside his house in F-11 ISB.
    These incidents have compelled me to look for a rather durable and robust security system for my cars.
    Back in 1998, my father had this Suzuki Margalla which had 3 buttons placed conveniently at different locations in the car.
    After inserting the key in the ignition, these three buttons were needed to be pressed in a particular combination for the car to start.
    Now i am looking to install such a system in my car but with a lot more robustness. Therefore, i will appreciate it if experts here can pool in some suggestions in this thread to make such a system. At the end of the discussion, i expect that we might come up with durable system which will be immune to hot wiring the ignition.
    And how exactly does an immobiliser work?

    Regards.
    Immobilizer details already presented in this thread. Give it a quick glance.
    It is the most reliable system at this stage to secure your ignition only. The Rest methods of theft remains open such as to chain and ignition/ECU bypass..
    I would suggest PW'rs to chain/cuff your sweet heart before leaving. Lolz..

  5. #84
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ya_jee View Post
    Immobilizer details already presented in this thread. Give it a quick glance.
    It is the most reliable system at this stage to secure your ignition only. The Rest methods of theft remains open such as to chain and ignition/ECU bypass..
    I would suggest PW'rs to chain/cuff your sweet heart before leaving. Lolz..
    How can one bypass ECU? I heard only way to steal a car with immobilizer is with same key or replacing ECU with same model?
    @chaudhary9 since you have installed 2 way steel mate, can you tell if GSM systems can be jammed so same can be done with 2 way? then there is no use of 2 way...right?

  6. #85
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ya_jee View Post
    Immobilizer details already presented in this thread. Give it a quick glance.
    It is the most reliable system at this stage to secure your ignition only. The Rest methods of theft remains open such as to chain and ignition/ECU bypass..
    I would suggest PW'rs to chain/cuff your sweet heart before leaving. Lolz..
    even chain can be cut, no biggie


    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    How can one bypass ECU? I heard only way to steal a car with immobilizer is with same key or replacing ECU with same model?
    @chaudhary9 since you have installed 2 way steel mate, can you tell if GSM systems can be jammed so same can be done with 2 way? then there is no use of 2 way...right?
    yea either u need key or program another ecu for some other key

    i dont think 2way remote can be jammed, it isnt a tracking device, 2 way is good that ur car wont be just making sound but u'll get the alert as well via vibration on the remote, also it has pretty good range, i found rest of the remotes useless, good for just central locking with remote

  7. #86
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    even chain can be cut, no biggie




    yea either u need key or program another ecu for some other key

    i dont think 2way remote can be jammed, it isnt a tracking device, 2 way is good that ur car wont be just making sound but u'll get the alert as well via vibration on the remote, also it has pretty good range, i found rest of the remotes useless, good for just central locking with remote
    Any idea which technology is used in 2 way? wifi or gsm or some other type radio frequency? as they use some type of signals then I am afraid they can also be jammed...

  8. #87
    PakWheeler Follow
    ya_jee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    How can one bypass ECU? I heard only way to steal a car with immobilizer is with same key or replacing ECU with same model?
    @chaudhary9 since you have installed 2 way steel mate, can you tell if GSM systems can be jammed so same can be done with 2 way? then there is no use of 2 way...right?
    They always to chain the car for some distance. The car lovers (thieves) are always well equipped and experienced. I've seen one video of car stealing of XLi, I think, and wow it was amazing. However, for immobilizer, once bonnet is opened, two clips of ECU needs unplug in order to be inserted in another ECU, they always carry. Now replace ignition with casual one and you are good to go. 5 min is required in max.

    My advise:: Chains and Cuffs..

  9. #88
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickybhai View Post
    Does JDM's have immobilizers??
    Yup if you buy the right version

  10. #89
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,902
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    yar koi poori car utha k truck me daal k bhi tou leja sakta hai baqi saari cheezen - immobilizer, chains, buttons etc etc wo apne garage me 'theek' kar denge

  11. #90
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ya_jee View Post
    They always to chain the car for some distance. The car lovers (thieves) are always well equipped and experienced. I've seen one video of car stealing of XLi, I think, and wow it was amazing. However, for immobilizer, once bonnet is opened, two clips of ECU needs unplug in order to be inserted in another ECU, they always carry. Now replace ignition with casual one and you are good to go. 5 min is required in max.

    My advise:: Chains and Cuffs..
    But I heard ECU of every car is different....how come they do it then?

  12. #91
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Any idea which technology is used in 2 way? wifi or gsm or some other type radio frequency? as they use some type of signals then I am afraid they can also be jammed...
    dont know, maybe u can check it in product details online

    but like other systems, i guess just remove wire from battery, y go as far as jamming the signals

    waise b if u r in a class, n u see remote vibrating i wonder if u'll go outside to check the car or just press lock button to silent it

    Quote Originally Posted by ya_jee View Post
    They always to chain the car for some distance. The car lovers (thieves) are always well equipped and experienced. I've seen one video of car stealing of XLi, I think, and wow it was amazing. However, for immobilizer, once bonnet is opened, two clips of ECU needs unplug in order to be inserted in another ECU, they always carry. Now replace ignition with casual one and you are good to go. 5 min is required in max.

    My advise:: Chains and Cuffs..
    as far as chains go, first thing is chains use lock in the end, either they can do the easy thing, cut the lock or else just cut the chain, though i also chain one car parked outside, something is better than nothing

  13. #92
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    LEGIT Bump !!!

    NASA is planning to send first manned mission to mars in few years .. have we found some fool proof security system for COROLLA yet ?
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  14. #93
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,902
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    LEGIT Bump !!!

    NASA is planning to send first manned mission to mars in few years .. have we found some fool proof security system for COROLLA yet ?
    even Wagon R of pak suzuki have one :p

  15. #94
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    even Wagon R of pak suzuki have one :p
    Baleno which was launched in early 2000 had immobilizer but sub chata hai becoz it cowrolla

  16. #95
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    This thread is worth digging. Let's start again.... Yaaaye!

    FOOD 4 THOUGHT

    Can't we find some place under the car to put a lock?

  17. #96
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,055
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    1. Detachable steering wheel. You can get a good aftermarket steering wheel mount which allows your steering wheel to be detached with the press of a button.

    2. Combo based kill switches-***-secutiry system with separate hidden mini-power supply.

    3. Mechanical hood lock - may look bad on some cars, but really classy on some.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

  18. #97
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Detachable steering wheel is of no use. One can easily drive with pliers.
    Hidden battery option is the one I am after. But looks like the installers are so dumb they don't give a sheet.
    If we add a hood switch with separate battery then system can be foolproof.

  19. #98
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  20. #99
    Newbie Follow
    ahsanishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Now a daye this is avalable in Pakistan easily and most secure system.

  21. #100
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have read this thread and summarize the following conclusions (correct if I am wrong):

    1. Installation of aftermarket immobilizer (or whatever you all them) for Corolla involves tampering of electrical wiring to insert relay/switch which has two disadvantages. First a good thief can bypass relay/switch easily and secondly it voids the warranty.
    Corolla ECU cannot be re-programmed unless replaced by a hacked one.

    2. All kind of radios can be jammed and today's thief are well equipped... either it's a 2 way secure radio or any other, in case of jam it will not work at all.

    3. For TALA lock I am not sure and if someone claims it works please post photos.

    After all we pay for more than Rs. 1.7 million for a new Corolla and the Indus Motor Company doesn't even bother to introduce some unique security system for the car... they simply hand over simple keys and assume rest assured!

    Maybe some people know how to secure their Corolla but they will not speak on this forum as their method will be exposed and become vulnerable???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •