Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By aantherax
  • 1 Post By jatoiali
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Radiator Issue in Corolla Gli 2005

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Radiator Issue in Corolla Gli 2005

    I recently bought a Corolla 1.3 Gli of 2005 model. The engine is working fine but there is a problem with the car's radiator. The radiator is heavily clogged and the fins seem to be in a very bad shape.

    I need Pakwheelers' suggestions on which radiator to buy for this car especially the car is to run in hostile environments and intense heat.. The fan is swaying freely to and fro due to a broken shroud.. so please give suggestions soon as I have to complete this work in this week only.

    Quick Responses Required!


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aantherax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brand new one Malaysian one is around 5000 Rs new that's good too
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aantherax View Post
    brand new one Malaysian one is around 5000 Rs new that's good too
    Could you please mention the brand's name as it would be easier for me to locate than... And what about the shroud and fan problem.. Do these come brand new too. If yes than the cost please!

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aantherax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,032
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jatoiali View Post
    Could you please mention the brand's name as it would be easier for me to locate than... And what about the shroud and fan problem.. Do these come brand new too. If yes than the cost please!
    no idea about the fan and casing ... go to tibbat center and check a few shops i bought one for my SE in feb
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aantherax View Post
    no idea about the fan and casing ... go to tibbat center and check a few shops i bought one for my SE in feb
    yeah will go there first thing in the morning... it is really troubling the air conditioning of the car and for the sake of not over heating it I have to turn the A/C off many a times while travelling.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AZEEMMAJEED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,313
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dont go for cleaning simply replace it with a original radiator that the best option if you want to save your money , engines health and time

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZEEMMAJEED View Post
    dont go for cleaning simply replace it with a original radiator that the best option if you want to save your money , engines health and time
    yeah certainly I will install a new one as mentioned in my query, But I am not sure about the quality of the radiator available in the market.. Therefore seeking help from you experienced guys out there!

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Tabish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,068
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    changing radiator is good option
    Pakistan <3

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AZEEMMAJEED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,313
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jatoiali View Post
    yeah certainly I will install a new one as mentioned in my query, But I am not sure about the quality of the radiator available in the market.. Therefore seeking help from you experienced guys out there!
    original is available with plastic tanks and has a very good finishing on its grill other thing is get it from Toyota dealer-ship they will give you genuine product if you would have been here in Islamabad i would have definitely helped you other than this

    REGARDS

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZEEMMAJEED View Post
    original is available with plastic tanks and has a very good finishing on its grill other thing is get it from Toyota dealer-ship they will give you genuine product if you would have been here in Islamabad i would have definitely helped you other than this

    REGARDS
    thanks for the subtle gesture dear... but the thing is that Toyota 3S charge almost double the price for each and every part they have.. that's the reason I was looking for a aftermarket Radiator especially one that is of good quality and has a reasonable price...

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face

    and please could anyone tell the difference in the 2 naali or 3 naali radiators as I don't understand what's the benefit of going for the above mentioned radiators rather than the original system...

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    whatever radiator you buy, ensure its a good fit and also get a new fan shroud, its easily available, the old fan and motor would be good.

    Also make sure that the plastic panel that goes under the bumper is in place, its placed to make the bumper a large air duct for the radiator, with it in place all the air going into the bumper grilles is forced through the condenser and radiator. If you are missing it then air is exhausted under the bumper as its the path of least resistance for it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    whatever radiator you buy, ensure its a good fit and also get a new fan shroud, its easily available, the old fan and motor would be good.

    Also make sure that the plastic panel that goes under the bumper is in place, its placed to make the bumper a large air duct for the radiator, with it in place all the air going into the bumper grilles is forced through the condenser and radiator. If you are missing it then air is exhausted under the bumper as its the path of least resistance for it.
    thanks @xulfiqar. how do i locate that plastic panel under the bumper.. as i am unaware of it.. would buy the shroud as you suggest.. and xulfiqar bhai which radiator do you recommend, the Toyota people are bloody cheats here. I was looking to buy an after market one that is of good quality!

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    look into the cavity between the grille and the condenser from the top, if you see the ground you are missing the panel, its a large piece of plastic that is attached to the bumper and front cross member by plastic push pins.

    Any good radiator would work - brand does not matter, I believe that all the Pakistani cars radiators are made in Pakistan, you should also try looking for a complete old unit from the scrap yard, sometimes you get a nice item, before installing I would suggest you reverse flush it with water and then install it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    jatoiali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    look into the cavity between the grille and the condenser from the top, if you see the ground you are missing the panel, its a large piece of plastic that is attached to the bumper and front cross member by plastic push pins.

    Any good radiator would work - brand does not matter, I believe that all the Pakistani cars radiators are made in Pakistan, you should also try looking for a complete old unit from the scrap yard, sometimes you get a nice item, before installing I would suggest you reverse flush it with water and then install it.
    thanks a million xulifqar bhai.. i went to khushal road near tariq road and they are offering a used one for like 3500-4500 rupees... the fins looked fine on the radiator.. i am looking to buy this one.. and yes the panel is present there i saw it today.. and how do i reverse flush it?

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    flush it reverse to what is normal flow, fill it with hot water and about 1 tablespoon of tartaric acid (mix it in bucket then fill), it will take about 1L to fill it.

    Let it sit for about 15 minutes and flush it thoroughly with running clean water for about 10 minutes add some soap solution to neutralize the acid if necessary, fit it within 10 minutes after the last flush with water. Fill with coolant, burp air and you are good to go.

    You will see that the acid mixture will be dirty when it drains out. Even if the radiator looks clean from the pipe fittings.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •