Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By autophile
  • 1 Post By kawafan
  • 1 Post By lea221
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Increase Lights of Corolla 2003?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    kawafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    68
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Increase Lights of Corolla 2003?

    I've Corolla 2003 model. I want to increase the lights of my car as I have visibility issue at night. Is there anyway I can increase the intensity of factory fitted head-lights ore what kind of bulbs i can use ? or need cleaning and specifically fog lights , Can i change there bulbs too ? what brand should i choose ?

    Update

    Actually there is some misunderstanding as i already said , i have visibility problems , like glaring when facing Lights i am 24 and my eyes are -1.0 . i also wear glasses , High Quality , Anti Reflective etc , but i face the problem even glasses off

    I ask from doctor so he says there is no simple solution for this Glareness .

    so i just think it might be better to Increase performance of the Lights in case in Sometimes i need to travel to two way traffic roads and there are Trucks with 12-16 Lights on



  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,578
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Its lights are already so strong brother
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    murtazee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if its light bulb r factory fitted
    and u ve bad night vision
    try using HIDs
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    kawafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    68
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i had tried HIDS in my lancer and Alto so far my experiences until unless HID fits in its original projector fitting it is nothing compare to original Light

    Quote Originally Posted by murtazee View Post
    if its light bulb r factory fitted
    and u ve bad night vision
    try using HIDs

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    kawafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    68
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes your are rite , but there is always chances for improvements
    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Its lights are already so strong brother

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Please call Saad Asif at 03335338035. He was telling me he has made lights which are strong but take very less power from the battery.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    lea221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    u can attach a relay a aswell
    JDM Ego = >>> I Love Ur Fake Wheels

  8. #8
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    u can swap the bulbs with some good philips ones
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,136
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kawafan View Post
    I've Corolla 2003 model. I want to increase the lights of my car as I have visibility issue at night. Is there anyway I can increase the intensity of factory fitted head-lights ore what kind of bulbs i can use ? or need cleaning and specifically fog lights , Can i change there bulbs too ? what brand should i choose ?
    Get Your lights Cleaned and Aligned that will do the Trick.
    RIP

  10. 09-04-2012, 06:17 PM

    Senior PakWheeler


  11. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    kawafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    68
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Seems Good Idea , any particular model with approx price will be great ?
    also can i swap the bulbs of FogLights with some high power too ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    u can swap the bulbs with some good philips ones

  12. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kawafan View Post
    Seems Good Idea , any particular model with approx price will be great ?
    also can i swap the bulbs of FogLights with some high power too ?
    Thanks
    You need glasses I think, the original headlamps of corolla are way too bright originally. Make sure your headlamps are aimed correctly and are for a RHD vehicle if they have been changed sometime.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  13. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,956
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    ^same lines
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  14. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    are headlights on correct focus?

    do the headlight adjust, the procedure should be on pakwheels somewhere, this was discussed some years back
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  15. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    kawafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    68
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    You need glasses I think, the original headlamps of corolla are way too bright originally. Make sure your headlamps are aimed correctly and are for a RHD vehicle if they have been changed sometime.
    Actually there is some misunderstanding as i already said , i have visibility problems , like glaring when facing Lights i am 24 and my eyes are -1.0 . i also wear glasses , High Quality , Anti Reflective etc , but i face the problem even glasses off

    I ask from doctor so he says there is no simple solution for this Glareness .

    so i just think it might be better to Increase performance of the Lights in case in Sometimes i need to travel to two way traffic roads and there are Trucks with 12-16 Lights on

  16. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    always remember illegally bright headlight can cause accidents bothways whether yr using it or vehicle is opposite direction.

    you make someone blind and they can drive into you if they feel something is in their way and they get panicky.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  17. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    haris457's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kawafan View Post
    Actually there is some misunderstanding as i already said , i have visibility problems , like glaring when facing Lights i am 24 and my eyes are -1.0 . i also wear glasses , High Quality , Anti Reflective etc , but i face the problem even glasses off

    I ask from doctor so he says there is no simple solution for this Glareness .

    so i just think it might be better to Increase performance of the Lights in case in Sometimes i need to travel to two way traffic roads and there are Trucks with 12-16 Lights on
    bro dont get offended but just to clear ur vision u may put lot of other drivers in trouble,corolla 2003 lights are already too powerful and adding more it ull add misery for other drivers.
    First of all HIDs should be totally banned in highway and with in cities as well and just banning isnt enough rather traffic police should be made active by on spot taking out HIDs from cars and replacing them with normal lights and breaking them infront of owners so that this practice of using HIDs should be dealt with effectively.this suggestion of mine may offend many but do think of the drivers whom HIDs make them totally blind and may meet an accident and cause life loss.We should start thinking of others as well,its a very selfish approach of our nation that think about ourself ,rest go to hell.As a nation these small follies leads to big disasters in end.

  18. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    kawafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    68
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    as i said I am not asking for HID , they just Feel better . but they don't work for driver and just cause problem for the others . I already said in my opinion , aftermarket HIDs and are never better then the original Factory fitted Bulbs.
    and
    Look like you never traveld from Khanewal to Lodrhan Bypass of GT road.It is 108km long , Single Road , very Rough and at nite you rarely found some Cars , its all trucks , and sometime i have count they are having 12-16 Lights in front of them , upper the Screen , On Bumpers and so ON.
    i am still not seeking trouble from other whatever that Foucs on Road rather then Straight Above
    if you read my posts i am also asking again and again for Fog lights if i can get them better as they show only road

    Quote Originally Posted by haris457 View Post
    bro dont get offended but just to clear ur vision u may put lot of other drivers in trouble,corolla 2003 lights are already too powerful and adding more it ull add misery for other drivers.
    First of all HIDs should be totally banned in highway and with in cities as well and just banning isnt enough rather traffic police should be made active by on spot taking out HIDs from cars and replacing them with normal lights and breaking them infront of owners so that this practice of using HIDs should be dealt with effectively.this suggestion of mine may offend many but do think of the drivers whom HIDs make them totally blind and may meet an accident and cause life loss.We should start thinking of others as well,its a very selfish approach of our nation that think about ourself ,rest go to hell.As a nation these small follies leads to big disasters in end.

  19. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    haris457's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kawafan View Post
    as i said I am not asking for HID , they just Feel better . but they don't work for driver and just cause problem for the others . I already said in my opinion , aftermarket HIDs and are never better then the original Factory fitted Bulbs.
    and
    Look like you never traveld from Khanewal to Lodrhan Bypass of GT road.It is 108km long , Single Road , very Rough and at nite you rarely found some Cars , its all trucks , and sometime i have count they are having 12-16 Lights in front of them , upper the Screen , On Bumpers and so ON.
    i am still not seeking trouble from other whatever that Foucs on Road rather then Straight Above
    if you read my posts i am also asking again and again for Fog lights if i can get them better as they show only road
    bro i am sorry if i misunderstood you

  20. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    solo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Kawafan:

    1: check the head lights whether they are genuine or not As other than genuine lights will not give you a good light beam.

    2: Check the WINDSCREEN as wiper makes lines on windscreen which disperse on coming lights.

  21. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    make sure the screen glass is clear of streaks and scratches, make sure it has not delaminated causing it to permanently fog and there are no oils on it. If you are seeing starlets of light scattering through the windshield no amount of wattage in the headlamps will help.

    If you have a problem in slow reaction of your eyes iris like me get some proper night driving glasses, they are slightly dark tinted and provide glare control to such scattering light. Only a handful opticians know of these glasses in Karachi (where I am from). most just try to sell you fake frames.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •